Jets Box Lacrosse Club Tryout/Evaluation just posted! | Fall Showcases: Boys & Girls Elite 88 Showcases, Down State Showcase, Northern Exposure Showcase & LI Elite 80 Camp
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 07:25 AM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 01:06 AM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 12:19 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 12:17 AM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 12:17 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,588
Posts309,509
Members2,338
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Re: Girls 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #341818 07/26/21 12:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We are from VA and on 32

Ok, yeah, that is random one, I know they got a good Prime Time (NY) player on that team.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

TheBackOfTheCage #341979 07/26/21 08:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is so much more to it than winning. My daughter got back today and had a blast while making friends with girls from all over. AU Futures has been a great experience between today and the Sunday games. She is so excited to go back for two more days.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342003 07/26/21 10:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is so much more to it than winning. My daughter got back today and had a blast while making friends with girls from all over. AU Futures has been a great experience between today and the Sunday games. She is so excited to go back for two more days.
Yes, nothing but rave reviews from all the girls I’ve spoken to.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342434 07/28/21 01:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter went. Enjoyed more than some other college camps -- less "me ball" in the scrimmages. Still wish there was more instruction and fewer games. Also lots of transition time or down time. Could easily have ended earlier or been a half day shorter.

Also since 27s and 28s were combined, there were some pretty big talent discrepancies in the games.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342488 07/28/21 03:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter went. Enjoyed more than some other college camps -- less "me ball" in the scrimmages. Still wish there was more instruction and fewer games. Also lots of transition time or down time. Could easily have ended earlier or been a half day shorter.

Also since 27s and 28s were combined, there were some pretty big talent discrepancies in the games.

My daughter enjoyed it as well. I also wish there was more instruction. The best part IMO was when they had a 30 minute stick work and then played 7s. The coach was giving them specific feedback on their dodges and moves to the goal in the stick work session and then carried that over to the game like play in the 7s scrimmages. The other positive part was when they had a practice and went right into a game with the same coach, she was able to do more coaching then because she knew the girls a little. In the rest of the games the coach showed up right at game time and did very little coaching and offered very little feedback. The constant changing of coaches didn't really have any benefit from what I could see.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #342515 07/28/21 06:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter enjoyed it as well. I also wish there was more instruction. The best part IMO was when they had a 30 minute stick work and then played 7s. The coach was giving them specific feedback on their dodges and moves to the goal in the stick work session and then carried that over to the game like play in the 7s scrimmages. The other positive part was when they had a practice and went right into a game with the same coach, she was able to do more coaching then because she knew the girls a little. In the rest of the games the coach showed up right at game time and did very little coaching and offered very little feedback. The constant changing of coaches didn't really have any benefit from what I could see.

Agreed. could have been much better with fewer games and more consistant coaches. I guess they want more girls to say they were coached by big-names like Taylor C or Kylie O.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342530 07/28/21 07:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also wish they would have broken up the club teams a little more. I know my daughter would have enjoyed playing with some of the girls she plays against in tournaments and NGLL. Meeting new people from all over is a cool experience for them and teaches them to make building new relationships. There may be advantages to grouping them by region at the older grades, but it just doesn't seem necessary at this age. And it really wasn't "regional" anyway.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342552 07/28/21 10:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. could have been much better with fewer games and more consistant coaches. I guess they want more girls to say they were coached by big-names like Taylor C or Kylie O.
Many showcases are structured that way. Where the coaches trade off teams. Also lots of showcases have lots of downtime’s too. And you most never see the top 20 schools have coaches for these teams. It’s usually smaller schools. The coaches are great, some more enthusiastic than others. It’s also a great way to see all of the different coaching styles and personalities.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #344005 08/04/21 03:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that tryouts are over, any big movement on teams to potentially change the landscape? Coppermine stay intact and get stronger? M&D improve enough to overtake Coppermine in the spring? MDU/Heros/Crush pick up?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #344028 08/04/21 05:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that tryouts are over, any big movement on teams to potentially change the landscape? Coppermine stay intact and get stronger? M&D improve enough to overtake Coppermine in the spring? MDU/Heros/Crush pick up?

An earlier post in thread said "crush lost their best player ", but the person never answered whether ot was to another club or which one

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #344074 08/04/21 10:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's August. Let's all just relax and take a break....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #344637 08/09/21 09:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's August. Let's all just relax and take a break....

Why are you reading and posting on this site if you want to "take a break".

Some people I can't figure out.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #345927 08/16/21 10:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know of which teams may have gotten stronger after tryouts? Heard Coppermine stayed the same which is good and bad. Good they kept all the strong girls but didn’t pick up any new girls to replace the few that didn’t see much PT during the Playoffs so they still need to work them into the games. M&D I heard did pick up some talented players so will they take over 1st? MDU has one of the best in the 28’s but were they able to add some more at her level of play? Should be interesting during the Fall Tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345967 08/17/21 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know of which teams may have gotten stronger after tryouts? Heard Coppermine stayed the same which is good and bad. Good they kept all the strong girls but didn’t pick up any new girls to replace the few that didn’t see much PT during the Playoffs so they still need to work them into the games. M&D I heard did pick up some talented players so will they take over 1st? MDU has one of the best in the 28’s but were they able to add some more at her level of play? Should be interesting during the Fall Tournaments.

It's hard to know unless you have inside information because so few post their roster. Also, I guess you'd have to know who these girls are which, I'm guessing at this age, most people don't. For what it's worth, though Hero's posted their roster and it looks like they added 5 to Green. Curious if Crush stayed the same as well.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #345969 08/17/21 11:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The M&D roster looked pretty much the same but could be wrong on this. Also, it's interesting that at the 28 level, there is no Red team, but 29/30s have Red teams. Just thought that was interesting.

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard