BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2027-6th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is such a coward post. This must be your oldest child. Have you met with the coaches? Expressed your concerns? Found out what your child needs to work on? Where are they strong? Where they need improvement? Came up with a plan to help her? You either did, and didn’t like the answers, or you didn’t, and your just spewing garbage in an attempt to make YOU feel better about your situation. Do it right. Every parent, on every team, at every level has something they don’t like or would like to see more of, but this isn’t the right way.

totally agree. problem is the COACH did not like this and viewed as complaining, etc. so he just shut it down and basically quit on the team.Name any team (not just top tier) that did not have a single practice from late June through July. Literally one practice the day before traveling to final tournament. I just think how much better the team could be and my daughter too. Instead I had to pay to get her training to keep the stick in her hand.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If she’s on that team, I assume she’s good enough to play part of the game. We’re not talking about a C team here. It’s ridiculous that at this age, kids are being benched the entire game. Total bs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100%!!! Which is why daddy coaches MUST go! They are emotionally damaging these girls at a sensitive age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My town too. Pitiful. The only way to grow is through mistakes and these daddies deny girls the chance to develop as players. It’s borderline abusive.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My town too. Pitiful. The only way to grow is through mistakes and these daddies deny girls the chance to develop as players. It’s borderline abusive.

Agree! Hope some club directors reading this!!! Please get rid of the Parent coach’s after 4th grade! You make plenty of $s and can afford to pay coach’s other than parents!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the risk of being called classless by you, ironically also anonymously, I will risk responding.

As much as you want to convince yourself this isn't true, there is one stand out on this team, and she's not a coach's kid. And there is almost always just ONE reason a parent coaches and it's because they actually do know that if they aren't there...their kid miggghttt not be on the field, and certainly not for the whole time. It's a great move, but no one (except you) doesn't see it clearly. There is only one way to know if your kid EARNS their time, and it's to have the courage to walk away. Listen, I also get it's hard to do---b/c you actually do see your kid get better because of your involvement. Kids who play, get the opportunity to grow as a player. So the cycle of dad coaching continues. No one is saying they shouldn't play---but nonstop?Come on now. I wish clubs would at least require that parent coaches always have a lacrosse background of their own---make it a LITTLE less blatant. There's a great children's book that Derek Jeter wrote and he writes all about how he didn't play on his little league team b/c the coach's kid played the same position as him....this is a tale as old as time that really does impact good players. One parent coach is always bad. You sound new to sports, but seriously, you should poll any kid or parent on ANY team that has to deal with a dad coach with a kid who plays the same position. And it's a common problem, esp in lacrosse. But TWO parent coaches? Just shouldn't be allowed. Keep the one who is more qualified.

But more importantly, the reality is that NO player, at ANY level, but certainly not in 6th grade, deserves unlimited and unrestrained playing time. That's not how sports work...even the most elite athletes come off, for many reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on the parent and player. We have parent Dad coach who has no lacrosse playing background but has coached 15 years and his daughter is our best player and plays less than we parents want. You are on the wrong team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are so many great coaches out there. Next time at a tourney listen to the way the coaches coach, watch for the relationship they seem to have with the girls and most of all watch to see if the girls are truly happy. 60-70% of girls quit sports by the age of 15. Our goal as parents is to keep them involved through high school. After listening to these coaches on the sidelines the last few years TG, Empire, FLG, and Jesters seem to have teams that have coaches that have a great way with the girls communicating both on and off the field. Girls and parents both seem very happy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with a lot of what your saying, but, in this case, these 2 girls (coaches kids) are very good players. They contribute and help this team tremendously. So as a broad statement, you have a point, I just don’t think it applies to this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does apply to this team. No one is debating whether they deserve to be on the team. No one is debating whether they should play or not. The answer is of course they should to both.
But They do not come off the field. And I will not spend time critiquing the individual weaknesses of 12 year old girl lacrosse players, but am comfortable saying, they ALL have them. And these coaches kids don’t ever come off. When they are tired? They switch them to defense. Tell me a midfield line on any other team that doesn’t sub? That’s ludicrous. They are never game changers. There is only one girl that wins games for the team, and you take out her contributions and the rest of the team doesn’t compensate, at this point. That’s not to say they couldn’t with proper coaching, but they don’t now. And that’s Including the coaches kids. Saying they deserve unlimited playing time at the expense of other very talented and under utilized 12 year old kids is really not based in reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are teams with no drama. They may not be what some would consider top teams or A teams. Look into the coaches. What is their philosophy? Maybe your kid would be better in an environment with less drama and coaches that are about more than the win. My older one played Icon (which some wouldn’t have considered a top program). She loved her team and coach. They didn’t always win. Often they lost more than they won. She now plays for a D1 school. She didn’t need a club with all the bells and whistles. We didn’t deal with the same girls on the field all the time while others rode the bench. Best part she had fun. Stop chasing t-shirts and focus on the training and the environment. My 2027 currently plays for an “A” team and will be looking at different clubs with an environment more like my older one had on Icon (Empire, Elevate, even the new program at S2S).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of travel clubs out there. Find somewhere where your kid is happy. “A” teams aren’t meant for everyone. They’re not going to change. Best kids in most competitive sports will play more. It will only become more prevalent as they get older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said and so true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 Weiner

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 Weiner

Wrong thread - this is 2027

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with a lot of what your saying, but, in this case, these 2 girls (coaches kids) are very good players. They contribute and help this team tremendously. So as a broad statement, you have a point, I just don’t think it applies to this team.

They are good but certainly not top and on any given day the girls that don’t play are better. Point is if their parents weren’t coaches I highly doubt they never leave the field as is the case now.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard