Jets Box Lacrosse Club Tryout/Evaluation just posted! | Fall Showcases: Boys & Girls Elite 88 Showcases, Down State Showcase, Northern Exposure Showcase & LI Elite 80 Camp
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 07:25 AM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 01:06 AM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 12:19 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 12:17 AM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/18/21 12:17 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,588
Posts309,509
Members2,338
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Bring Honesty Back
LaxHonest #341958 07/26/21 07:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxHonest
As the summer club season ends, numerous rumors regarding dishonest rostering continue to swirl. Kids playing down an age group regardless of rules, re-classing to a lower grade prior to a major tournament, using guest players both of age and over age, kids playing on two teams in the same tournament, using kids on another team once their team is eliminated from tournament play (again, playing in same tournament for 2 different teams), sharing kids from different club branches (NJ & NY) as team advances through a tournament. I am sure there are many other situations. While the actions are inherently unfair for both the competition as well as players displaced by such actions, many are afraid to speak up as the clubs hold significant leverage in future roster spots and playing time. Put these clubs/coaches on notice that their reputations will be on the line regarding these unfair tactics. Please list the club and age groups you have seen impacted by these tactics, please no player names. Hopefully a public forum will provide a disincentive to cheat by shaming these clubs/coaches into doing the right thing and hopefully this thread will not disappear.

No offense but you're obviously misinformed. Kids are allowed to play in their graduation year . If a kid is a holdback for whatever reason and there are legit reasons besides sports then he's allowed to play down in his graduation year . Unless uslacrosse changes the rules to age bases just like every other sport that is not being dishonest or cheating it's actually playing by the rules . And while I agree that it's crazy for people to be held back then reclass for any sport including lacrosse it is still without the rules . Needs to go age based. People have been saying that for years

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #341959 07/26/21 07:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Should an 8th grader be permitted to play in a 6th grade game? Update on responses:

1) you are a glass half empty guy, move along
2) forget the cheating, it will not matter in 11th grade.
3) Your kid stinks

Well, they are responses. Anything to avoid the core issue of age grade cheating by the clubs. You are right I am a donk, my kid stinks, I am salty, I need to get a hobby, all the other stuff. Just one question. Should an 8th grader be permitted to play in a 6th grade game?

Please name the club where this happened.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #341960 07/26/21 07:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are responding to my comment about moving my son you are mistaken - I have no complaints. I am just putting my son in a better place to succeed. Somewhere he will be happier because he loves playing lacrosse!!

Your original post to start this thread was all a giant complaint,,,,,said clubs cheated bringing older or out of state players from different teams within the same club organizations. Put up or stop fool.

some people just complain to complain, you will not change them, they are always a victim[/quote]

Pretty much.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #341963 07/26/21 07:38 PM
B
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
B
Should an 8th grader be permitted to play in a 6th grade game? Update on responses:

3) Your kid stinks

Well, they are responses. Anything to avoid the core issue of age grade cheating by the clubs. You are right I am a donk, my kid stinks, I am salty, I need to get a hobby, all the other stuff. Just one question. Should an 8th grader be permitted to play in a 6th grade game?

Express 😎

Like Reply Quote
Bearded_Kaos #341973 07/26/21 08:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Bearded_Kaos

3) Your kid stinks

Express 😎

Express, FCA are both notorious for this. Fellowship Of Cheating Athletes

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #341975 07/26/21 08:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the summer club season ends, numerous rumors regarding dishonest rostering continue to swirl. Kids playing down an age group regardless of rules, re-classing to a lower grade prior to a major tournament, using guest players both of age and over age, kids playing on two teams in the same tournament, using kids on another team once their team is eliminated from tournament play (again, playing in same tournament for 2 different teams), sharing kids from different club branches (NJ & NY) as team advances through a tournament. I am sure there are many other situations. While the actions are inherently unfair for both the competition as well as players displaced by such actions, many are afraid to speak up as the clubs hold significant leverage in future roster spots and playing time. Put these clubs/coaches on notice that their reputations will be on the line regarding these unfair tactics. Please list the club and age groups you have seen impacted by these tactics, please no player names. Hopefully a public forum will provide a disincentive to cheat by shaming these clubs/coaches into doing the right thing and hopefully this thread will not disappear.

No offense but you're obviously misinformed. Kids are allowed to play in their graduation year . If a kid is a holdback for whatever reason and there are legit reasons besides sports then he's allowed to play down in his graduation year . Unless uslacrosse changes the rules to age bases just like every other sport that is not being dishonest or cheating it's actually playing by the rules . And while I agree that it's crazy for people to be held back then reclass for any sport including lacrosse it is still without the rules . Needs to go age based. People have been saying that for years

Unfortunately, you are either misinformed or intentionally putting your head in the sand. Grade based is the rule. What do you do when those rules are broken, not a reclass, but outright broken. A non-reclassed 8th grader playing in a 7th grade game.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #341986 07/26/21 09:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, you are either misinformed or intentionally putting your head in the sand. Grade based is the rule. What do you do when those rules are broken, not a reclass, but outright broken. A non-reclassed 8th grader playing in a 7th grade game.

Exactly. When a 2025 plays for a 2026 team because they “plan on reclassing” is not the same as a kid who actually reclassed. And most if not all tournaments specify that players can only play on one team during the tournament. These examples happen all the time because their is no way to enforce.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #341994 07/26/21 09:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your player plays on one team on age/grade and is Invited to play another team with in the organization
What is wrong with that? If the player is going to play against better competition what’s wrong with that?

Like Reply Quote
LaxHonest #342002 07/26/21 10:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Reclassing for lacrosse... losers.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342010 07/26/21 10:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your player plays on one team on age/grade and is Invited to play another team with in the organization
What is wrong with that? If the player is going to play against better competition what’s wrong with that?

Playing up, no one cares, except maybe the player on the older team that loses playing time. Basically building an all star team. I guess if other teams had the same opportunity to do it, fine. But if you were one of the displaced players, probably not very happy.

Playing down, cheating.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #342019 07/26/21 10:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks JS. . Way to justify

Like Reply Quote
LaxHonest #342028 07/26/21 11:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Johnny has one chin whisker and your kid has two, wawawa!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342029 07/27/21 12:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #342035 07/27/21 06:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing up, no one cares, except maybe the player on the older team that loses playing time. Basically building an all star team. I guess if other teams had the same opportunity to do it, fine. But if you were one of the displaced players, probably not very happy.

Playing down, cheating.

stinks to get displaced, but it’s not cheating if playing up.

I’d go as far to say that any kid can play in any tournament, for any organization or multiple organizations, as long as the player is not playing for two competing teams in the same bracket and following age/grade rules of tournament or otherwise specified by the tournament. But typically it’s never specified otherwise.

Again, stinks to get displaced but this is not cheating.

Like Reply Quote
LaxHonest #342044 07/27/21 07:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm used to the holdbacks, but if teams are dropping players down for the summer before they actually reclass that that seems like cheating to me. Lacrosse year starts after tryouts. If you player from Sept through June on a 2025, dropping down to a 2026 for the summer is cheating. Dropping down in September while repeating 8th grade is not.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard