BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,900
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 58 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The one that did it all the time had an agreement with the coaches to be the main draw girl so the coaching staff never made any changes. Constantly hurt the team.

Fact!

Whoever brokered that deal did not get a very good ROI.

Wow, you guys are brutal openly bashing 14 yr old girls on the internet. Karma folks, beware.

That is extremely harsh. The person who identified the girls in depth that left the team for various reasons was also harsh. Imagine spending thousands of dollars for tuition, hotels, food and so on and hearing that there was a deal in place and you have been watching the team struggle with the draw for the entire season. That's harsh too.

I’m sure it was hard watching that fiasco. Watching your team loose draw after draw and the coaches doing nothing about it. Sacrificing the team for that one person. Truly a shame. One would think that the parents would intervene and stop the madness, but from what I’m reading I guess not.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is harsh is having whatever parent find in necessary to start this entire thread by throwing accusations out after a season was over. Whatever parent that did that is another level of notIntelligent. Does not make it better for others to keep responding. Just move on to tryouts wherever that may be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU didn't have tryouts for high school teams. So did they cut them or they moved them without holding tryouts? What year are you referring to? 2024 or 2023?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU didn't have tryouts for high school teams. So did they cut them or they moved them without holding tryouts? What year are you referring to? 2024 or 2023?

Question is why play at MDU? There are still stupis parents that drink the koolaid-they will be out there watching tryouts tonight .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question is why play at MDU? There are still stupis parents that drink the koolaid-they will be out there watching tryouts tonight .
I guess b/c it is a solid club, has a good reputation from college coaches, the girls like the teams they play on (or leave), and the sane parents get along? I don't know, are there other reasons and other clubs who are perfect? I haven't seen them.
If you have a perfect situation, please go forward with that club. I think not, or you wouldn't be biting your own neck here and complaining about something you cannot be a part of any longer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one that did it all the time had an agreement with the coaches to be the main draw girl even though the percentages were awful and consistently turning the ball over, but the coaching staff never made any changes. Constantly hurt the team.

MD United is the King (or Queen) of brokering deals. Director makes deals all of the time to bring girls over to her club. She never makes these decisions based on what's best for everyone - including the current players, only what is best for herself. And it usually comes down to two reasons why...1) Money in her pocket 2) Player will not be going to a competitive club. It is never what is best for the actual player or the team. She will easily demote or discard current players for someone shiny and new. She did it with the 2 players on the 22 team and she did it with the eastern shore girls she lured over on the 23 and 24 teams. She easily moved girls down to the West team to make room for 2 players who had played on M&D Black one year prior. All right before the important recruiting time too. And they were the first two college recruits on that team. She has ZERO loyalty to the girls who have been with her for years. I'm so glad I moved my oldest away from MD United before all of that happened. Best move we ever made.

What's best for current players is that no one ever comes to tryouts to take their spot. Guess what? That's the nature of club lax.
There's so much logic failure in your post. Is she interested in "money in her pocket" implies she's taking kids not on merit but to get more money, yet, she also wants to prevent them from going to a competitive club? Well which is it, if player is not talented, why would she care if she went to competitive club? Again logic fail.

Breaking news: Clubs cut tenured girls for those that are at tryouts. Shocking stuff I tell you.

Glad you moved your kids to a club where you don't have to worry about talent taking their roster spot. I'm sure its working on fine.

Thank you for being the rational one. This is the truth that some parents like to hear? Maybe not... the club has a good reputation, gets into the best tournaments, and their players perform well in college (at all levels). Stop hating and don’t be “schmucks”!

The bashing on this site comes from a couple of angles, disgruntled ex-parents or competing club coaches/directors. It’s truly important to sift through the “malarky”!

It’s interesting how the club bashing happens around tryout time mostly. Good luck to the 2022’s to being recruited and for the 2023’s being seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout season!!! - Congrats to all the girls that made M&D Black or Red, and good luck to all of the girls trying out at Hero's and Skywalkers tonight!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine also started last week. and continues this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How soon till clubs start posting results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of Hero's what is happening to them? They go 0-2 yesterday after being up 3-0 in first game and except for a big win over Spallina seem to be going up and down since NGLL.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's girls are burned out, to many tourneys this summer. Who thought it was a good idea to go to New Jersey 3x, Hershey 1x, Delaware 1x, and 2 Maryland tourneys. 3 tourneys in 1 week. G8, US Lax Nationals and Mid Atlantic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Against the tougher teams this summer, their weaker players are exposed. Team needs some revamping

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's girls are burned out, to many tourneys this summer. Who thought it was a good idea to go to New Jersey 3x, Hershey 1x, Delaware 1x, and 2 Maryland tourneys. 3 tourneys in 1 week. G8, US Lax Nationals and Mid Atlantic.
Makes no sense at that level. No one is recruiting them. They are going to be fried by 11th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumors are flying. It’s going to be a very interesting Hero’s tryout tonight. Very interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kickbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do tell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would imagine so. I always thought Hero's G and M&D Black were basically even depending on the day as shown by the close NGLL final. I would assume only the most diehard Hero's fan would agree with that statement now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls that did not make M&D Black or Red will be scattering to Hero's and SW practices tonight. Rumor has it that Hero's has had players coming to practice since May. 2 attacker spots have already been locked up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls that did not make M&D Black or Red will be scattering to Hero's and SW practices tonight. Rumor has it that Hero's has had players coming to practice since May. 2 attacker spots have already been locked up.

That’s a lot of detail. How were girls practicing with Hero’s and their existing clubs without the existing club knowing.? Whether intentional or by accident girls and parents talk. So if it was “since May”, I’m guessing these girls would have been kicked off their existing teams once they found out and wouldn’t have played any tournaments unless with Hero’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Deals are made in club. It is CLUB. Tryouts are for the appearance of fair. Or on the off chance a talented player has not been vocal about leaving their club. Heros G already have players from other clubs that they have spots too. Girls or parents can’t keep their mouth shut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have experience with the All America Games by Brine?

https://allamericagames.com/

Is this a money grab ($499) or was it good coaching and good competition?

If you have the money to waste and don’t get bent out of shape easily, then go for it, however do not expect team play of any kind. You are paying $500 for me ball

Good coaching and good competition. We just came back from UMASS Amherst for the Brine AAG. I think the comment about "me ball" is a fair criticism as the Yellow Jackets dominate the girl's team rosters, and while I respect the YJ program, their players do not seem to acclimate very well to team based situations (outside of their own club) with players from other programs who they do not know. The Brine All America is a day shorter than the Maverik, so there's less time for chemistry building. In the final two games there were glimpses of team ball coming together, but the LI girls made much of the games look like tryout ball. Don't expect your pass or your feed to be reciprocated, and while attackers worked hard to cut and be open, the only time you saw midfielders glance at attackers was when the girl on attack was a YJ player.

One team was predominantly composed of LOMO players with some Team91 girls mixed in. Our daughter's team was a mix of mostly YJ Spallina and YJ Janelli. There were also a few NH Tomahawks players, an AIM player, an All Lax player, 1 BBL Black player and a CLC player. One team our kid played against was predominantly Laxachusetts girls. The tournament organizers could exert more effort to break up the team distribution to ensure an even playing experience where players have to acclimate to team ball movement. The coaching was actually pretty good. It is always good to throw your kid into the mix with new and different coaching methodologies. One of our coaches was a coach from a D3 program, and the other was a club coach. We saw a few D1 coaches we recognized at the games.

Some of the players seemed to have tried out the year before. With regards to the level of play and competition, when I glance at the AS regional team rosters I see the same player names from our Brine AAG team. Very talented, high level players. A few of them are ball hogs, but talented none the less. Very aggressive and physical play, and all the players were elite club players, especially the goalies. The goalies were some of the best we've ever seen. Just need to work on the insularity of the YJ players who need to learn to play with non-YJ players. The M&D black and LBC players were moving the ball and making sure everybody around them ate. The YJ players were exclusively looking out for their own. A little attention to breaking up those kind of insular monopolies would go a long way. But, still it was worth the trip/time/resources. There was some real from the Midwest, Texas, DC/Virginia, NY/NJ and New England. We had fun watching some fast moving lacrosse, meeting other lacrosse families and cheering on the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big 3 have had tryouts! Will be interesting to see what SW and Heros have done! MND has already posted. 3 new girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does that mean 3 girls left or were pushed? The strong get stronger. Feel sorry if girls were pushed but that is the risk if you are on a top club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street is that Heros got Hoco's best player, she's legit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like M&D and Skywalker's got some talented girls. Hero's - it will be interesting to see if girls from B teams can pick up the pace with an A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's offered the HOCO player a spot on the white team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that Hoco’s best player is moving to Heros. I’d be surprised if she leaves Hoco A to play on white. We’ll see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street is that Heros got Hoco's best player, she's legit

A few from HoCo also went to Capital

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that Hoco’s best player is moving to Heros. I’d be surprised if she leaves Hoco A to play on white. We’ll see.

I heard she declined the offer. At this age, the most important thing is field time at the highest level of competition. I would be amazed with anyone in the other clubs choosing to go to a top clubs B league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoco A and heros white are simular. At heros they have a chance to be seen more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree, outside of G8 they play in the same recruiting tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches know Heros name and look for that. That don’t follow HOCO!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches know Heros name and look for that. That don’t follow HOCO!

HoCo also doesn't have a solid recruiting history. Hero's does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco vs heros white? Maybe with Heros white new coach they can possibly compare in the future. Not much of a comparison now. What is Heros white best win last year? What is Hoco's best win? or best 3 wins. I think there is a pretty big gap between them now, especially at the high end of the range of play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco vs heros white? Maybe with Heros white new coach they can possibly compare in the future. Not much of a comparison now. What is Heros white best win last year? What is Hoco's best win? or best 3 wins. I think there is a pretty big gap between them now, especially at the high end of the range of play.

Last time they played, they tied. But that was in the fall. So who knows now with all of the changes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last time they played, they tied. But that was in the fall. So who knows now with all of the changes.

The girls are in HS now. Who the heck cares about club lacrosse anymore other than as a means to get them recruited?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any big movement between Sky Walkers, Hero's, M&D, and NEMS? Heard 2 strong NEMS players went to Sky Walkers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have watched both teams play and without a doubt Heros white defense and goalie is better than HoCo’s. If Heros can get their offense together with the new coaching situation, they will be awesome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best of luck Heros white! I would guess Hoco would beat Heros white 8 or 9 times out of 10 right now. Maybe they can get a lot better on offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Hero’s White end up as equals to Hero’s Green?

Like Reply Quote
Page 29 of 58 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard