BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 72 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The 2028 (hawks) thread is claiming the 2027 goalie is leaving the 27's but won't be the starter for 28's. Is the '27 really leaving or what?

Let’s assume he does leave, really only the 28 coach would know who the starter is.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2028 (hawks) thread is claiming the 2027 goalie is leaving the 27's but won't be the starter for 28's. Is the '27 really leaving or what?

The 27 hawks better hope he stays. Won’t be able to replace him

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quote
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 27 hawks better hope he stays. Won’t be able to replace him

Have no clue, but it is a good year to reclass. Might be why.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand the 2027 Hawks are looking to upgrade every position. This is the first opportunity the new coach has to select new players for "his" team. I heard he was pissed about the loses and close games this year. Can anyone confirm this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand the 2027 Hawks are looking to upgrade every position. This is the first opportunity the new coach has to select new players for "his" team. I heard he was pissed about the loses and close games this year. Can anyone confirm this?

I’d say the parents were not happy don’t know about the coach. Going to be hard for them to upgrade from the starters especially if some of them reclass. Unless the get kids from 26’s. The rest of teams is division are slowly gaining on them so better do something soon. Def good team but not as dominant as past years

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’d say the parents were not happy don’t know about the coach. Going to be hard for them to upgrade from the starters especially if some of them reclass. Unless the get kids from 26’s. The rest of teams is division are slowly gaining on them so better do something soon. Def good team but not as dominant as past years

Thanks Hawks parents. Lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prob not even Hawks parents. Tryout trolls. Want to try and make the Hawks, show up and tryouts. Every single team should be trying to find and coach the best players each and every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prob not even Hawks parents. Tryout trolls. Want to try and make the Hawks, show up and tryouts. Every single team should be trying to find and coach the best players each and every year.

Ha. Not hawks parent and not interested in hawks tryouts. Was just making a honest comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But unfortunately it doesn't happen. Instead you get retreads from previous years, coaches kids, and nepotism. Then the "top squads" wonder why they aren't as good as expected. It's a dung-show. But pretty funny to watch, really.

I have coached at every level. And I watched 2 tryouts that were being held at the private school down the street from me. I will leave out the names not to offend anyone. But I really think kids have a better shot at making a D1 college team as a walk on than cracking the pre determined rosters at INSERT "ELITE" PROGRAM NAME HERE. If you want any proof whatsoever, look at the tryouts. These lacrosse "experts" certainly seem inept. OR LAzy. OR intentionally befuddled. The one tryout I attended had ~60 kids split into 2-3 groups. Then kids sat in line waiting for a drill and got 1-2 reps MAX. No one stands out. No one. IMO, it seems like that is just the way the coaches wanted it. They can stick to their pre determined roster. Just sad that there was close to no redeeming lacrosse value, even experience, that these kids were getting from the tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But unfortunately it doesn't happen. Instead you get retreads from previous years, coaches kids, and nepotism. Then the "top squads" wonder why they aren't as good as expected. It's a dung-show. But pretty funny to watch, really.

I have coached at every level. And I watched 2 tryouts that were being held at the private school down the street from me. I will leave out the names not to offend anyone. But I really think kids have a better shot at making a D1 college team as a walk on than cracking the pre determined rosters at INSERT "ELITE" PROGRAM NAME HERE. If you want any proof whatsoever, look at the tryouts. These lacrosse "experts" certainly seem inept. OR LAzy. OR intentionally befuddled. The one tryout I attended had ~60 kids split into 2-3 groups. Then kids sat in line waiting for a drill and got 1-2 reps MAX. No one stands out. No one. IMO, it seems like that is just the way the coaches wanted it. They can stick to their pre determined roster. Just sad that there was close to no redeeming lacrosse value, even experience, that these kids were getting from the tryouts.

So true - and well said!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1

Crabs had at least 50 kids at the middle school tryout I saw.

All those kids but no adult leadership. No clear person in charge. Maybe the lady at the desk checking in the boys? No organization. Coaches in flip flops straggling in late from a day on the boat. Bro hugging on the field. A few college kids yelling for kids to "run faster" or "get to the other line." Otherwise, no instruction on the drills, no reps. Nothing worthwhile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must live near Calvert hall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1

Crabs had at least 50 kids at the middle school tryout I saw.

All those kids but no adult leadership. No clear person in charge. Maybe the lady at the desk checking in the boys? No organization. Coaches in flip flops straggling in late from a day on the boat. Bro hugging on the field. A few college kids yelling for kids to "run faster" or "get to the other line." Otherwise, no instruction on the drills, no reps. Nothing worthwhile.

Did you make the team or turn down the spot because of the bro hugging guy in flip flops. You people on here are crazy. What did you expect them to put your kid through a clinic and coach him up. It’s a try out up to the kid to make himself stand out. Maybe should try out for predators heard there going to be number one team in Hoco next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you make the team or turn down the spot because of the bro hugging guy in flip flops. You people on here are crazy. What did you expect them to put your kid through a clinic and coach him up. It’s a try out up to the kid to make himself stand out. Maybe should try out for predators heard there going to be number one team in Hoco next year[/quote]

Absolutely! The resident 2027 creeper is going to turn the Preds into a HoCo powerhouse in year one. Or is it the Crabs? I have a hard time keeping track.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you make the team or turn down the spot because of the bro hugging guy in flip flops. You people on here are crazy. What did you expect them to put your kid through a clinic and coach him up. It’s a try out up to the kid to make himself stand out. Maybe should try out for predators heard there going to be number one team in Hoco next year

Absolutely! The resident 2027 creeper is going to turn the Preds into a HoCo powerhouse in year one. Or is it the Crabs? I have a hard time keeping track.[/quote]

If crabs kids go to predators I would feel bad for them. 1st year team would almost certainly have to play below elite. Even if they were lucky enough to play elite which doesn’t happen for first year club they would be in bottom half which is lower then crabs were last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely! The resident 2027 creeper is going to turn the Preds into a HoCo powerhouse in year one. Or is it the Crabs? I have a hard time keeping track.

If crabs kids go to predators I would feel bad for them. 1st year team would almost certainly have to play below elite. Even if they were lucky enough to play elite which doesn’t happen for first year club they would be in bottom half which is lower then crabs were last year.

Looks like someone is scared of competition from up and coming club Predators. They will dominate whatever level they play at and turn some heads next summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like someone is scared of competition from up and coming club Predators. They will dominate whatever level they play at and turn some heads next summer.

The Predators struggle to put competitive teams together in Westchester/Fairfield County. Why would they have success in HoCo?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me nobody is worried about predators especially in elite. I don’t know why people continue to talk about them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me nobody is worried about predators especially in elite. I don’t know why people continue to talk about them

They are making noise and taking good players from other programs. Strong ties to MIAA school and local area. ..So yes, There is some worry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's their leaders trying to create a buzz to make a buck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%. It’s kind of a hilarious approach actually.

Let me bring a mediocre club into a hotbed, poach a bunch of disgruntled B team players from other local B team clubs and then.. sell instant Success.

If you’re posting about the Predators, just quit. Nobody is taking your BS seriously

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Paul feeder team !! Lol. Breakers, Rock, and Koopers kids all combine to create a powerhouse!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me bring a mediocre club into a hotbed, poach a bunch of disgruntled B team players from other local B team clubs and then.. sell instant Success.

If you’re posting about the Predators, just quit. Nobody is taking your BS seriously

Looks like someone didnt get an invite to Predators tryout. Will be top 4 club in Balt area before year is out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of Hawks helmets seen at different tryouts. Why? And not just bench players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true! I follow the 2026 and 2027 BOTC threads and there is the same pump and dump about Predators in both. I have never heard of this team, and honestly I thought it was somebody being sarcastic. If there actually is a program by that name that plans to compete in HoCo elite in either 2026 or 2027, go ahead and post a link to the program or some further details, particularly the name(s) of who is behind it. It is a cool name, I have to admit, but not a serious program in the DC/Baltimore/Annapolis corridor as far as I know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of Hawks helmets seen at different tryouts. Why? And not just bench players.

Hawks goalie and fogo were at Next Level 27 tryouts this week. #fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true! I follow the 2026 and 2027 BOTC threads and there is the same pump and dump about Predators in both. I have never heard of this team, and honestly I thought it was somebody being sarcastic. If there actually is a program by that name that plans to compete in HoCo elite in either 2026 or 2027, go ahead and post a link to the program or some further details, particularly the name(s) of who is behind it. It is a cool name, I have to admit, but not a serious program in the DC/Baltimore/Annapolis corridor as far as I know.

Simple Google and link and this shows up. Headed by Head Coach of St Pauls plus Head Coach of Towson HS and along with OC of Towson U.

Not to shabby.

https://predatorslacrosse.com/maryland/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there really that much money in youth lacrosse clubs that people want to keep starting new ones?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Paul feeder team !! Lol. Breakers, Rock, and Koopers kids all combine to create a powerhouse!!!

Is this a feeder club or a money grab? St. Paul's has a Middle School. And like 3 other feeder clubs.
How many does St Paul's need to start winning again?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a feeder club or a money grab? St. Paul's has a Middle School. And like 3 other feeder clubs.

$. These coaches are drawing a salary for this stuff and to use their names/resumes.

If Settembrino, Musci, and Broc are coaching their high school and College teams in the spring, who are really coaching these club teams?

Website is vague with no real info. Anyone know who the assistants are?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone create a Predators page on the forum? So that we can move away from this topic on the 27 page?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$. These coaches are drawing a salary for this stuff and to use their names/resumes.

If Settembrino, Musci, and Broc are coaching their high school and College teams in the spring, who are really coaching these club teams?

My Prediction..Within two years, Predators will be elite team competing on equal basis with best teams .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone create a Predators page on the forum? So that we can move away from this topic on the 27 page?

Someone is getting nervous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The lack of transparency for some of these clubs is crazy.
Parents are shelling out $60 to tryout and they don't even know how much the club costs, what their team philosophy is, or WHO the ACTUAL team coaches are.
It's insane.
People just want to throw their money away, and these programs are glad to take it.
The dense parents chasing this garbage deserve to be taken advantage of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So? Who cares? Wasn’t this forum talking about fogo daddy a few weeks ago? I hope Hawks and NL both implode.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So? Who cares? Wasn’t this forum talking about fogo daddy a few weeks ago? I hope Hawks and NL both implode.

Lots of kids go to tryouts, but will they switch?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn't accept. Dont know why they tried out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on this forum, aren’t both (or at least one) holding back this year? Wouldn’t that make the 28 Hawks the obvious choice?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on this forum, aren’t both (or at least one) holding back this year? Wouldn’t that make the 28 Hawks the obvious choice?

You would think but the Hawks 2028 goalie mom is having a fit about goalie dropping down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You would think but the Hawks 2028 goalie mom is having a fit about goalie dropping down.

Again- This is not true. This a troll. Nobody on here as any silt inside information

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 72 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard