Jets Box Lacrosse Club Tryout/Evaluation just posted! | Fall Showcases: Boys & Girls Elite 88 Showcases, Down State Showcase, Northern Exposure Showcase & LI Elite 80 Camp
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 04:37 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 04:10 PM
Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 04:01 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 03:58 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,594
Posts309,685
Members2,338
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Girls 2027-6th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #341353 07/23/21 06:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Now that is hysterical! Ask those 10 kids that barely see the field about that one!

My daughter is on grazzy. Team is broken, toxic. Parents complained because our practices became hour long white board sessions designing plays to get the ball to our star player. We still kept losing so coach threw his toys and refused to practice for a month. We did win the mid Atlantic but many bench kids didn’t go and a few left mid tournament after zero minutes. The coach literally plays 12 girls the entire game for entire tournaments. And remember 2 parent coaches and a goalie so you’re talking about 9 spots for playing time. The entire offense and strategy revolves around one girl. There are no assisted goals, no cutting, no off ball. Good luck to the new parents and kids. Not paying for that experience again. My PAL team practiced more and not a white board in sight!

So where is she going? FLG? Empire?

Not sure. I have no doubts there are issues everywhere. Just thought all should know what they are getting into if you decide to take my daughters spot. I’d love to hear the good/bad on some of these other clubs.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #341357 07/23/21 06:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG parent- no complaints at all. The coach is amazing and the Winks do it right. Know all the girls in the program by first name regardless of team. Very happy.

Anonymous #341400 07/24/21 12:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical Whining. Everyone makes excuses. If your daughter was good enough, she would be playing. YJ coaches put the best players on the field. That’s all.

Anonymous #341402 07/24/21 06:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical Whining. Everyone makes excuses. If your daughter was good enough, she would be playing. YJ coaches put the best players on the field. That’s all.

I was waiting for that predictable response. And you are absolutely right. Congrats to you and your daughter if you are one of the 9 best lacrosse players on the island (we have one goalie and 2 coaches kids). Personally my (biased opinion) is that beyond a couple of clear stands outs the rest of the girls top to bottom are pretty close.

TheBackOfTheCage #341403 07/24/21 06:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine how good the YJ team would be if they actually practiced and had a good coach??? For those of us staying we’re hoping for a coaching change.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #341407 07/24/21 07:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nonsense, not always. Plus, It’s 6th grade! All the players should be playing pretty equally and developing at this age. “Best” players are developed that way. A “good” coach will Give the girls a chance to develop their playing on the field in live games at this age. It can’t be all about winning in 6th grade!! Coaching just to win in 6th, Makes some potentially “best” players want to quit! Need good coach’s who want to “develop” young girls and give them a chance to grow their game.

Anonymous #341418 07/24/21 08:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was waiting for that predictable response. And you are absolutely right. Congrats to you and your daughter if you are one of the 9 best lacrosse players on the island (we have one goalie and 2 coaches kids). Personally my (biased opinion) is that beyond a couple of clear stands outs the rest of the girls top to bottom are pretty close.

It’s 6th grade - Play all the girls and give them a chance to use their skills in a game. No one will remember the wins and losses in a couple of years. The best player now, is not always the best in 8th grade. Give the girls a chance to play. Start by - Taking parents out of coaching their own kids. Find coach’s looking to develop all the kids

Anonymous #341423 07/24/21 09:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine how good the YJ team would be if they actually practiced and had a good coach??? For those of us staying we’re hoping for a coaching change.

Or you could focus on yourself and just leave us all alone with our choice. Nobody cares about you.

Anonymous #341426 07/24/21 10:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you can’t have a team of 9. You need bench strength to compensate for injuries and conflicts. If you take 20 on a roster you should develop 20. Nobody should be ok with paying a few grand so that the top 9 can play. And a good coach should be able to get all the players on the field. And I hope that your daughter continues to be a top 9. There is a long way to go. A torn ACL could put your daughter in the bottom 9 very quickly. Some of these girls are just hitting their stride and will start to dominate. Some of these kids will quit because burnout and overuse is real. One kid should never play a full game. It isn’t healthy for their body.

Anonymous #341432 07/24/21 11:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Now that is hysterical! Ask those 10 kids that barely see the field about that one!

My daughter is on grazzy. Team is broken, toxic. Parents complained because our practices became hour long white board sessions designing plays to get the ball to our star player. We still kept losing so coach threw his toys and refused to practice for a month. We did win the mid Atlantic but many bench kids didn’t go and a few left mid tournament after zero minutes. The coach literally plays 12 girls the entire game for entire tournaments. And remember 2 parent coaches and a goalie so you’re talking about 9 spots for playing time. The entire offense and strategy revolves around one girl. There are no assisted goals, no cutting, no off ball. Good luck to the new parents and kids. Not paying for that experience again. My PAL team practiced more and not a white board in sight!

My D played and beat YJ in summer tournament. I found your coach to be a class act, as well as the parents, very encouraging and not toxic like some parents can be, especially in defeat. One thing I did not like, our player got injured pretty bad with a slash to the head. I was disappointed to see on YJ IG account a photo of the YJ player who provided the cheap shot standing over our injured player, as if celebrating it. Also saw same type of image from another game you all played.

Not sure who controls the IG page, but it was certainly noted.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #341434 07/24/21 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t let one inappropriate post, or a single parent change your opinion of this team collectively. We never want to see anyone hurt, nor do we celebrate it.

Anonymous #341436 07/24/21 12:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or you could focus on yourself and just leave us all alone with our choice. Nobody cares about you.

I’m on the same sideline as you pal. And you eye roll the same as I do about the lack of practices, lacrosse IQ and parent coaching.

Anonymous #341441 07/24/21 12:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is such a coward post. This must be your oldest child. Have you met with the coaches? Expressed your concerns? Found out what your child needs to work on? Where are they strong? Where they need improvement? Came up with a plan to help her? You either did, and didn’t like the answers, or you didn’t, and your just spewing garbage in an attempt to make YOU feel better about your situation. Do it right. Every parent, on every team, at every level has something they don’t like or would like to see more of, but this isn’t the right way.

TheBackOfTheCage #341452 07/24/21 02:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are 90% of the problem. We have PAL coaches in our town who bring ringers in for games and Pull certain girls to the side before games and instruct them to only pass to each other. Some girls play the whole game and the “bad” ones get shuffled in and out and hidden on the field at attack where nobody passes. When parents realize it isn’t just about the win and remember these are kids we would all be better off!

TheBackOfTheCage #341457 07/24/21 03:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As another parent from the team above. The original post is really out of line. If you were that frustrated by how things were being run you would have addressed it within the last 2 years. But you didn’t, you just posted nonsense on an anonymous board.

Every parent on any “A” team(any club) is made aware that they want all the kids to succeed and the team to win. Your kid succeeding is up to themselves and somewhat on the parent. The coaches play kids that will help their team win and have earned time. Not every “great” player is the star, and not every kid that is limited athletically sits on the bench. Kids earn their time based on what they contribute.

Not every kid is meant to play in this type of environment. It helps some kids get better. As a parent that is on you to figure out what is best for your kid. So take some ownership on the environment you placed them in. And take some responsibility on yourself on how you are acting about that now.

As far as bashing the coaches. That’s really classless. They’re trying their best. They have gone out of their way to help these kids. No coach is perfect, everyone can Monday morning quarterback every situation in their life. Bashing the parent coaches in some cases may be correct, but not here. Those 2 kids deserve every second of time they get on the field.

Really disappointed that parents would start this type of HS drama BS after the positive end to the season. If you’re not happy go somewhere else, set a good example for your kids. Stop acting like .......(insert your own term here)

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard