Jets Box Lacrosse Club Tryout/Evaluation just posted! | Fall Showcases: Boys & Girls Elite 88 Showcases, Down State Showcase, Northern Exposure Showcase & LI Elite 80 Camp
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 04:01 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 03:58 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 03:52 PM
Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 03:51 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,594
Posts309,685
Members2,338
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 468 of 490 1 2 466 467 468 469 470 489 490
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #341324 07/23/21 04:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about everyone take a deep breath and move on. Everyone has a right to their opinion, no need to get into this debate on a lax forum

The vaccinated will be able to continue to “take deep breaths” throughout this ongoing pandemic … unvaccinated people may not - literally. If they continue to ignore the science! We are about to get hit by a second stronger wave of a tsunami and some choose not to put on life jackets. Good luck

So, only the vaccinated will be able to continue to "take deep breaths".... Please tell us all how you know the vaccines are both safe and effective. Please tell us how you know there will be no long term side affects. Please tell us where this incredible source of unquestionable truthful information is originates from.

Get your vaccine and attend college or don’t and stay online. Stop with all of your other nonsense!

What is nonsense?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #341329 07/23/21 05:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me give you a perspective from my daughter's point of view as player. When I asked her how she would feel if one (or several for that matter) of her unvaccinated teammates contracted COVID which resulted in shutting down the team temporarily. Her brief response was "I'd be pissed." I bet there would be quite a few unhappy teammates if the inaction of some led to their season being impacted. You may want to keep that in mind if your daughter is on the fence about getting the vaccine.

I guess if one of the vaccinated teammates contracted COVID which resulted in shutting down the team temporarily that would be okay?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #341345 07/23/21 05:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep. Apples and oranges. A vaccinated kid took the appropriate steps to try to protect her teammates, coaches, trainers, fellow students and community while the unvaccinated kid threw caution to the wind while knowing the risks and possible consequences of her decision. That's a big difference.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #341351 07/23/21 06:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 girls from a MD team had to skip the G8 because they came down with Covid.
& you know this how? Or is this just assuming something? I heard there was a MD team where players just didn't feel like playing, had nothing to do with COVID

LOL, just didn’t feel like playing in a very highly recruited tournament? What age group are the girls

Oh, I know. Its was a b-team and if it makes you feel any better, they were anti-vaxers so they weren't even vaccinated.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #341352 07/23/21 06:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point! And… Thank-you for getting this back to Lacrosse related and to original post as to thoughts on Colleges/Universities requiring student vaccinations

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #341367 07/23/21 07:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep. Apples and oranges. A vaccinated kid took the appropriate steps to try to protect her teammates, coaches, trainers, fellow students and community while the unvaccinated kid threw caution to the wind while knowing the risks and possible consequences of her decision. That's a big difference.

Appropriate step according to who? If the teammates, coaches, trainers, fellow students and community want to get vaccinated so be it. If the vaccine is safe and effective then they should have nothing to worry about. Do you know the risks or long term implications for young adult females who get the vaccine? The answer to that question is no, you do not. What are the possible consequences of your decision?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #341373 07/23/21 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me understand this-I’d someone is unvaccinated & gets COVID, everyone would be angry but if a vaccinated person gets COVID, that’s ok???

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #341377 07/23/21 08:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me understand this-I’d someone is unvaccinated & gets COVID, everyone would be angry but if a vaccinated person gets COVID, that’s ok???

Yes! Because they minimized their risk as much as they could. If they do get it, the symptoms will most likely be minimal and they won’t put stress on the health care system. You seem really confused and dense. Get the vaccine or stay home please!

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #341378 07/23/21 08:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of All Americans and girls committed to top schools cut from Under Armor! Hearing other girls who were chosen are opting out. What is going on here??

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #341380 07/23/21 08:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes! Because they minimized their risk as much as they could. If they do get it, the symptoms will most likely be minimal and they won’t put stress on the health care system. You seem really confused and dense. Get the vaccine or stay home please!

It would appear that you are the one who should stay home. If you are afraid of Covid stay locked down, if you want to get the vaccine, get the vaccine but please stop telling the rest of us what to do.

I am not the person that you responding to but in all fairness, it is you who appears to be confused and dense.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #341382 07/23/21 09:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All I did was ask to clarify-you have no clue if I’ve been vaccinated or not so saying I’m confused or dense is just plain ignorant. Have a great night

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #341385 07/23/21 09:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of All Americans and girls committed to top schools cut from Under Armor! Hearing other girls who were chosen are opting out. What is going on here??

Because UA selection was political once again and maybe they don’t want to be part of it? Or, they tried out for both AS and UA and are opting for AS?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #341386 07/23/21 09:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me give you a perspective from my daughter's point of view as player. When I asked her how she would feel if one (or several for that matter) of her unvaccinated teammates contracted COVID which resulted in shutting down the team temporarily. Her brief response was "I'd be pissed." I bet there would be quite a few unhappy teammates if the inaction of some led to their season being impacted. You may want to keep that in mind if your daughter is on the fence about getting the vaccine.

I guess if one of the vaccinated teammates contracted COVID which resulted in shutting down the team temporarily that would be okay?

I'm not sure if you are talking about high school or college teams, but college players have a lot of incentive to be vaccinated. Every school and conference will have different protocols, and things could always change as covid situation changes, but my sense right now is that teams will not be shutting down if the majority of players are vaccinated unless many have actual covid symptoms. Only unvaccinated players will be subjected to the constant testing and contact tracing. Vaccinated players are good to go unless they have symptoms and test positive. The CDC now says vaccinated people don't have to quarantine if exposed, so if your unvaccinated Sally gets Covid it's likely not going to impact the vaccinated players on the team. Sally will be out for a while, but those who are vaccinated will carry on without her...unless your high school has stricter protocols than CDC.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #341389 07/23/21 09:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All I did was ask to clarify-you have no clue if I’ve been vaccinated or not so saying I’m confused or dense is just plain ignorant. Have a great night

How dare you ask for clarification?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #341393 07/23/21 10:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure if you are talking about high school or college teams, but college players have a lot of incentive to be vaccinated. Every school and conference will have different protocols, and things could always change as covid situation changes, but my sense right now is that teams will not be shutting down if the majority of players are vaccinated unless many have actual covid symptoms. Only unvaccinated players will be subjected to the constant testing and contact tracing. Vaccinated players are good to go unless they have symptoms and test positive. The CDC now says vaccinated people don't have to quarantine if exposed, so if your unvaccinated Sally gets Covid it's likely not going to impact the vaccinated players on the team. Sally will be out for a while, but those who are vaccinated will carry on without her...unless your high school has stricter protocols than CDC.

Makes sense ! If unvaccinated Sally gets Covid, the unvaccinated players on team will be most impacted and at more risk to each other. They will prob. have to get Tested and quarantined due to contact tracing, before being allowed to return to school/play? So, seems like they will be more a threat to each other than to the vaccinated students

Like Reply Quote
Page 468 of 490 1 2 466 467 468 469 470 489 490
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard