BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 53 1 2 50 51 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waiting for the yearly comments about how many other teams helmets are showing up at their rivals tryouts. "Ton of Team X helmets at Team Ys tryouts today. Great showing. Probably 150, no 600, no 2,000 kids at tryouts today. Lot of top tier talent from other teams. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a big shake up". Blah blah blah

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard Igloo took like 100 kids for their "A" and "B" teams. Are they hurting that bad for $?
FACT. Everybody that showed up was offered a spot. Maybe not 100 but easily over 50. Parents weren't allowed up on field because of parking (probably not real reason). I got the info from my son who was told on 2nd tryout day which group he was. A, B and something in between. Some speech later about potential for movement and more playing time. Was also told a coach would reach out, never happened. Sounded like an effort to keep everyone and not let one dollar slip away. BTW we declined , not sure they knew or cared since nobody followed up. At those prices no thanks.
Sounds a lot like LIE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. Here’s the reality: Everyone knows everyone because all of these kids - particularly the bubble kids - go to every tryout. It is very easy to distinguish an A player from B:

Athleticism, Speed, Size, equal ability with left and right, Quick decision making, Lax IQ and being coachable. If your son doesn’t have all of these, he is not a A player on any team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waiting for the yearly comments about how many other teams helmets are showing up at their rivals tryouts. "Ton of Team X helmets at Team Ys tryouts today. Great showing. Probably 150, no 600, no 2,000 kids at tryouts today. Lot of top tier talent from other teams. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a big shake up". Blah blah blah
It's funny because it's true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know 3 kids that turned them down.. They wont commit your kid to a team "Congrats you made a team...check plea$e, and we will tell you which one after check clears". And that doesnt include uniforms or winter trading. Scamgloo

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know 3 kids that turned them down.. They wont commit your kid to a team "Congrats you made a team...check plea$e, and we will tell you which one after check clears". And that doesnt include uniforms or winter trading. Scamgloo
Express-gloo, sure we'll take all of you just pay up. Of course you get playing time with 30 kids on the team. What could go wrong? Just put down your deposit and you're on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The Anti-Travel Team" That was the guys slogan for a while...so much for that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All B players trying to make a move to an A team. No top LIE or 91 player is going to Rebels or Legarush tryouts. Those are all B teamers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All B players trying to make a move to an A team. No top LIE or 91 player is going to Rebels or Legarush tryouts. Those are all B teamers.

It’s correct. However, you can get the big athletic kids that don’t have the stick skills as AA players that can develop. And it will happen for some.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong on Rebels, plenty of top kids from all organizations are trying to come over. What and see

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong on Rebels, plenty of top kids from all organizations are trying to come over. What and see

I want what you are smokin!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely has to be on the gummies. No kid who actually plays on Express or 91 is going to the Rebels. Bottom of the roster, maybe. Mostly because they are not likely to play in the same events anymore. That way the parents avoid the walk of shame when they go to the sidelines to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely has to be on the gummies. No kid who actually plays on Express or 91 is going to the Rebels. Bottom of the roster, maybe. Mostly because they are not likely to play in the same events anymore. That way the parents avoid the walk of shame when they go to the sidelines to watch.

“Walk of Shame” !? Dude! Get a life! Taking “the game” a bit too seriously

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get the hint, your kids is not playing because your kid is not what the coach is looking for, just go somewhere else, make yourself and everyone else happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legarush? What is that? Lol!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top team will most certainly be very good. The teams below them will be a tough sell, but the right club counts now. Choosing a club is critical. I would consider looking at these top events HS teams are in now and see who attends. Those I think are the clubs you might want to consider. For example, Crabfest, NLI, NLF, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top team will most certainly be very good. The teams below them will be a tough sell, but the right club counts now. Choosing a club is critical. I would consider looking at these top events HS teams are in now and see who attends. Those I think are the clubs you might want to consider. For example, Crabfest, NLI, NLF, etc.

Don't see how. Legacy was terrible this year and Rush didn't win anything either. So the better players (who were probably getting the most time anyway), are going to be very good this year. They weren't last year. Why and how
will they be better now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't see how. Legacy was terrible this year and Rush didn't win anything either. So the better players (who were probably getting the most time anyway), are going to be very good this year. They weren't last year. Why and how
will they be better now?

Terrible is a bit harsh. But I think they will put together a better team. I do think the 2nd teams will be a risk. The Titans and Rush A kids that don’t make it won’t automatically go to the B team, not the way LI lax parents are wired, they should, but that doesn’t happen. They will try the AA and A line, but doesn’t really work as often as it should, LI too saturated with clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team is already set, there is no if they don’t make it. They already made it. Don’t you know this by now? Teams are all set. Maybe 1 or 2 surprise kids at tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team is already set, there is no if they don’t make it. They already made it. Don’t you know this by now? Teams are all set. Maybe 1 or 2 surprise kids at tryouts.

Maybe so. There might be some defectors from Legrush and other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I forgot Legacy does not have any legit players , only 91 AND express have all the players thta are going to DUKE , UNC , UVA ... give me a break let me know how it works out when 91 / Express cashes you check and then they load the team up with players ... Not about winning TEE shirts it it about your son getting better and his coach putting him in the right spot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels had kids from R U S H play on their team this weekend at some tourney. And still lost. Parents must have loved that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Igloo took like 100 kids for their "A" and "B" teams. Are they hurting that bad for $?
FACT. Everybody that showed up was offered a spot. Maybe not 100 but easily over 50. Parents weren't allowed up on field because of parking (probably not real reason). I got the info from my son who was told on 2nd tryout day which group he was. A, B and something in between. Some speech later about potential for movement and more playing time. Was also told a coach would reach out, never happened. Sounded like an effort to keep everyone and not let one dollar slip away. BTW we declined , not sure they knew or cared since nobody followed up. At those prices no thanks.
Sounds a lot like LIE
It is a shame that almost all of these clubs have expanded their rosters to 30 players. There is no way to get enough playing time to make everyone better. I can hear the owners now, "but practices are so intense everyone is getting better". If you believe that I'll take your $4500. Reasonable rosters have 22 kids, overloaded at middie for summer tournaments. Everything over that just feeds the bottom line. If you don't see the field you're a practice player and should be given a substantial discount. My kids was on the bubble, we got tired of travelling and watching the newcomers each week so had a candid conversation with the coach. Although we had been there for years we left for a smaller club, kid plays a ton, coaching is no better no worse and we saved over $1200. Don't allow these clubs to ruin your kids confidence so they can sell their brand. If the kid is good they'll get better with a little help from a decent coach. 7th and 8th grade studs doesn't mean a thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds a lot like LIE
It is a shame that almost all of these clubs have expanded their rosters to 30 players. There is no way to get enough playing time to make everyone better. I can hear the owners now, "but practices are so intense everyone is getting better". If you believe that I'll take your $4500. Reasonable rosters have 22 kids, overloaded at middie for summer tournaments. Everything over that just feeds the bottom line. If you don't see the field you're a practice player and should be given a substantial discount. My kids was on the bubble, we got tired of travelling and watching the newcomers each week so had a candid conversation with the coach. Although we had been there for years we left for a smaller club, kid plays a ton, coaching is no better no worse and we saved over $1200. Don't allow these clubs to ruin your kids confidence so they can sell their brand. If the kid is good they'll get better with a little help from a decent coach. 7th and 8th grade studs doesn't mean a thing.

You don't know by now that this board isn't the place for this sort of rational, kids-first thought and decision making?

If it ain't a "top 3 team" none of the no-self-awareness crazies here care. THEIR kids are going to Maryland/Hopkins/Syracuse/UNC/VA!!!!!! THEY know what they are talking about. Not the rest of us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds a lot like LIE

You don't know by now that this board isn't the place for this sort of rational, kids-first thought and decision making?

If it ain't a "top 3 team" none of the no-self-awareness crazies here care. THEIR kids are going to Maryland/Hopkins/Syracuse/UNC/VA!!!!!! THEY know what they are talking about. Not the rest of us.

Top 3 team? There are only 2 teams to be talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait? You mean 14 yr old lacrosse wont define my life or my son's life? WTH? I thought being on an Instagram post was the mecca of kiddie lacrosse.... I better put a stop-payment on that $4500 check ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are all the "Tryouts" going? My sons team is having tryouts this week and all the kids that are already on the team are returning...So what is the club trying out? People's wallets? My concern is a roster of 28-30 kids. There will be no playing time. Do your homework!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can somebody please answer the question of why you pay to have your son not play? If practices are so intense take those skills elsewhere and be the guy. You will be so much happier and so will son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels had a Really tough weekend went 2-2. Only had 16 kids due to injuries, so some rush kids came up to play with them
They lost to Sweetlax by 1 and 10-4 to True national where every single kid is 1-2 years older. Your Right we spent 4 days of some vacation and lacrosse. It was really horrible.
By the way all the parents had a blast

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
30 kids. Common man. How is that possible? 25 is too much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of these clubs are the same. Our owner had the audacity to say, "people are knocking down the door to get a spot and if people weren't happy they should leave". Thankfully took my two kids somewhere else. Value the players and parents that pay your bills or one day you might just regret being such an egomaniac. They trash CoachC and Express but all now mimic his business model, 30 kids, multiple teams, $5000 tuition. For freshman lacrosse, I think we'll stick to our HS and town program. Good luck at your $100 tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all this talk about needing more middies? All you really need is 6-8. What do the 12 do in fall and spring when it’s not 100 degrees and nobody is completely gassed? Kids want to be on the field!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can somebody please answer the question of why you pay to have your son not play? If practices are so intense take those skills elsewhere and be the guy. You will be so much happier and so will son.

Take your son somewhere he will play! Actual gameplay is what will make him better. Take the $ you may be saving by “not playing” on that “top” team and get some extra training. It will show when he gets to HS! Get him away from the cut throat parents, kids, and coach’s . HS playing will help him with college/recruiting stuff as well. Not worth being on “those” teams, if it’s at the expense of your kid being miserable and feeling “less than”?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take your son somewhere he will play! Actual gameplay is what will make him better. Take the $ you may be saving by “not playing” on that “top” team and get some extra training. It will show when he gets to HS! Get him away from the cut throat parents, kids, and coach’s . HS playing will help him with college/recruiting stuff as well. Not worth being on “those” teams, if it’s at the expense of your kid being miserable and feeling “less than”?
Best advice seen here in a while. Stop paying for the name and do what's best for your individual. Not playing=not progressing=miserable experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best advice seen here in a while. Stop paying for the name and do what's best for your individual. Not playing=not progressing=miserable experience.

Simply said. All teams get seen by coaches. However, only kids playing get the looks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing time and training, leading to the connections that the programs gap have with coaches and equally important, the guys who run the showcases. It is critical important to get invites to the top showcases. College coaches do not have the time to run from tournament to tournament. They see 1,000s of useless highlight films of superstars playing against mediocre competition. In the end, they use the showcases to see the best of the best competing against each other.

Spot arguing about who is the best team. Find the right program who can get your kid seen at the right time, in the right spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are all the "Tryouts" going? My sons team is having tryouts this week and all the kids that are already on the team are returning...So what is the club trying out? People's wallets? My concern is a roster of 28-30 kids. There will be no playing time. Do your homework!
Just because they are returning, doesn't mean they will beat out who shows. No? Isn't that how tryouts work?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All but 2 kids are returning and everyone has already paid their initial deposit to "Lock in" our kids spots.... so we have 24 kids and are "adding a few more" ... The program is being really quiet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait? You mean 14 yr old lacrosse wont define my life or my son's life? WTH? I thought being on an Instagram post was the mecca of kiddie lacrosse.... I better put a stop-payment on that $4500 check ....

My kid is 15

Page 52 of 53 1 2 50 51 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard