BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21
Re: Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happens now with 1/3rd of the UA roster and the AS roster are the same? Which event tanks

Great question! I'm in that situation and don't know what to do!! What is the consensus?

No brainer! Real talent at the younger age groups is at AS, just look at the rosters
For One year they are equal. Next year is where the events separate This year they will both be good Next year they will seperate. College staffs will probably have coaches at both so it won’t matter

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non traditional area players sometimes have to travel 3 plus hours just to try out so I’m guessing that is how they can manipulate the rules Not right at all but marylnd and LI are held to different standards

Manipulate what rules? You show up- have girls throw and catch, do some drills, play some games and hopefully have “independent” evaluators rate those in attendance and pick a team for the respective region. Drive 10min or 10 hours. Makes no difference. What am I missing

Dads of players trying out were the evaluators. Can’t get more manipulated than that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non traditional area players sometimes have to travel 3 plus hours just to try out so I’m guessing that is how they can manipulate the rules Not right at all but marylnd and LI are held to different standards

Manipulate what rules? You show up- have girls throw and catch, do some drills, play some games and hopefully have “independent” evaluators rate those in attendance and pick a team for the respective region. Drive 10min or 10 hours. Makes no difference. What am I missing

Dads of players trying out were the evaluators. Can’t get more manipulated than that.

UA tryouts were terrible - again. Feel bad for the girls who really deserve a fair evaluation for this stuff. Many very good players were not invited back for the call backs, who are absolutely better players than the girls who made the team. My bet is, the LI teams will not do very well at UA this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA tryouts were terrible - again. Feel bad for the girls who really deserve a fair evaluation for this stuff. Many very good players were not invited back for the call backs, who are absolutely better players than the girls who made the team. My bet is, the LI teams will not do very well at UA this year

I saw the roster. Some real studs on that UA team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Majority of the LI “Studs” at this age are on the AS rosters

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know of a few girls that made both and are planning to do AS. I’m sure both will be good events, but UA will be eventually be most important to the graduating seniors selected for the senior game. It’s too bad the events conflict, I think there was room for both if they just staggered the schedule a few days

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS at work again. No morals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know of a few girls that made both and are planning to do AS. I’m sure both will be good events, but UA will be eventually be most important to the graduating seniors selected for the senior game. It’s too bad the events conflict, I think there was room for both if they just staggered the schedule a few days

Agreed would of liked events separate tho

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the 25 "studs" on BOTH AS and UA rosters! Will be interesting to see where they go. JS's boys are all at UA (no boys for AS b/c CR doesn't care about them). Will JS daughter follow dad to UA? If so, there goes the rest of that team. Can't imagine that CR will be too happy about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the 25 "studs" on BOTH AS and UA rosters! Will be interesting to see where they go. JS's boys are all at UA (no boys for AS b/c CR doesn't care about them). Will JS daughter follow dad to UA? If so, there goes the rest of that team. Can't imagine that CR will be too happy about that.

Majority of the LI “Studs” at this age are on the AS rosters

The best players on 2025 Spallina are on UA. They did not try out for AS. There are some political appointees on UA that will need to be carried but they've been carried since 3rd grade.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Studs???
Several of those '24 DO NOT START on their teams. In fact, there are a couple that DON'T see the field during tournament play!!
What a tremendous drop off for the UA. My daughters had to show up to make the teams the last 2 years.
We seriously cannot believe that their are NOW-STARTERS on their teams that got the nod for UA.
These poor girls are going to get slaughtered. They are going to be devastated! And realize that maybe they didn't belong there. AndI UA has become a
second rate which hurts all of the girls that made team in past AND even the girls who made team this year. I'm sorry to lay it out like this and it's not the girls fault. We all apologize to the parents and girls who may or may not apply to!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Non traditional area players sometimes have to travel 3 plus hours just to try out so I’m guessing that is how they can manipulate the rules Not right at all but marylnd and LI are held to different standards

I

Agreed would of liked events separate tho

Both events will make a lot of money and accomplish what they want. Kids getting caught in the middle is the unfortunate part

Me act reason events should of been seperate for a year but money comes first

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two best players on 2025 Spallina were at AS tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Non traditional area players sometimes have to travel 3 plus hours just to try out so I’m guessing that is how they can manipulate the rules Not right at all but marylnd and LI are held to different standards

Majority of the LI “Studs” at this age are on the AS

From what I see best players from YJ are on UA. Those kids didn’t need a back up plan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Non traditional area players sometimes have to travel 3 plus hours just to try out so I’m guessing that is how they can manipulate the rules Not right at all but marylnd and LI are held to different standards

From what I see best players from YJ are on UA. Those kids didn’t need a back up plan.

What age group are you referring too with YJs on UA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USCL posted their final rankings for 2025. Shocking that YJ Spallina is ranked #1. Playing all of 15 games, while M&D and Hero's played over 60 games this summer. YJ Spallina hasn't been ranked all year, but they somehow get ranked #1 on the final rankings. I'm assuming US Club Lax is in bed with Spallina and Yellow Jackets? They did not look very good this summer, and barely beat some teams. Heck they tied a 3D Frederick team that was smashed by MND the day before.

Where are the forfeited games for Spallina from Lax for the Cure? Oh, they mysteriously are listed with a Yellow Jackets Blue team, that really doesn't exist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever you say Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever you say Dad

Weren’t they at UA tryouts as well? What’s up with that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever you say Dad

Yes they were, and one of those two is listed on both rosters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever you say Dad

Yes they were, and one of those two is listed on both rosters.

Hmmm, that does seem a bit selfish? Taking spots that others could have for their opportunity. What’s the point? YAY, you made both. Now you can put it in your recruiting profile. Can’t play both - so, now what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newbie here and apologize for my question in advance. Why do all this if very few scholarships to D1 schools? What’s the point? Just let the girls enjoy playing lax close to home without this pressure/money/time obligation? My daughter had played a few years, came across this site, and can’t even comprehend what is going on. What is your end goal if no/few full scholarships and a few $15k scholarships? I mean totally not a ROI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newbie here and apologize for my question in advance. Why do all this if very few scholarships to D1 schools? What’s the point? Just let the girls enjoy playing lax close to home without this pressure/money/time obligation? My daughter had played a few years, came across this site, and can’t even comprehend what is going on. What is your end goal if no/few full scholarships and a few $15k scholarships? I mean totally not a ROI.

You are 100% correct if you only consider scholarship money. What is missing from consideration is the opportunity that lacrosse creates. Athletes bypass much or all of the selection process for college applicants. Many/most athletes still need to meet admissions requirements for the chosen school but they are not put in the general pool of applicants. If the coach wants your kid, and she has the grades, etc., you're in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or consider the fact that you love the game and want to continue playing for a few more years? Truth is, unless it’s a good fit academically, lacrosse and fitting in-it won’t work out! Injuries, coaches switch schools, personality conflict affecting playing time, or burn out happen!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100% correct if you only consider scholarship money. What is missing from consideration is the opportunity that lacrosse creates. Athletes bypass much or all of the selection process for college applicants. Many/most athletes still need to meet admissions requirements for the chosen school but they are not put in the general pool of applicants. If the coach wants your kid, and she has the grades, etc., you're in.

They also help finding other academic scholarships and scholarships that may not be well known.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rumors of six teams between nassua and suffolk this year with CR picking a true A team and breaking some teams up

with the gap year and the volume expected at tryouts things will be less on the up and up than usual as deals are already being made

nothing new here , but kids making one of the top teams without a private tryout our handshake deal is unlikely

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]rumors of six teams between nassua and suffolk this year with CR picking a true A team and breaking some teams up

Key word “rumors”. 98% of things posted on this site are rumors or assumptions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any feedback on any of the teams that have had tryouts so far?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]rumors of six teams between nassua and suffolk this year with CR picking a true A team and breaking some teams up

Key word “rumors”. 98% of things posted on this site are rumors or assumptions

As long as YJ numbers stand past they have the numbers for six teams already. Just put 21 kids on a team instead of 26

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The directors cause drama on every team by putting 5 too many players on these rosters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR is a great coach and evaluator of talent. Well respected all around. She has a tremendous track record for helping girls of all clubs find good fits to play D1. Haters detest. Take a deep breath. Relax. If your kid is as good as you think she is, CR will validate that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

truth, the spalina team wouldnt beet jesters without the 4 at ua

always heard that team was top heavy but didnt know it was so bad

no wonder joe recruited all winter

Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard