BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 87 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, it is interesting.

My take is have your daughter play for the best team she can get playing time on. If she's on the bench for more than half the game, drop down to the team just below. It seems somewhat common sense, but parents have egos and want to see their kids on the best team regardless. I get they'll play with better girls at practice, but getting game experience is very important.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is interesting.

My take is have your daughter play for the best team she can get playing time on. If she's on the bench for more than half the game, drop down to the team just below. It seems somewhat common sense, but parents have egos and want to see their kids on the best team regardless. I get they'll play with better girls at practice, but getting game experience is very important.

Once they get to HS and almost everything is a showcase everyone at M&D is required to play at least half the game so it's not really a concern at that point. The concern is how will she look playing against the quality of teams M&D plays. Again, the key is to be honest about how good your daughter actually is, and not how good you think or wish she was. Playing for the best team where she can compete and excel should be a priority.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is interesting.

By dropping down, do you mean the B team of that same organization, or a different "lower" club on the A team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is interesting.

Once they get to HS and almost everything is a showcase everyone at M&D is required to play at least half the game so it's not really a concern at that point. The concern is how will she look playing against the quality of teams M&D plays. Again, the key is to be honest about how good your daughter actually is, and not how good you think or wish she was. Playing for the best team where she can compete and excel should be a priority.
You are kidding yourself if you think equal playing time really happens at the high school level at M&D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is interesting.

You are kidding yourself if you think equal playing time really happens at the high school level at M&D

If your D is not one of the top 5 or so players on the team-say bye bye to recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is interesting.

That is not the case at all. Not sure who gave you that information, but M&D in no way gives equal playing time in HS. This i know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is interesting.

Well considering my daughter played for M&D it happened on her team. Was mandated by SR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough defender, perhaps. but can’t clear the ball, Panics when doubled and turns the ball over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough defender, perhaps. but can’t clear the ball, Panics when doubled and turns the ball over.

Who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is interesting.

Well considering my daughter played for M&D it happened on her team. Was mandated by SR.

When it comes to recruiting tourneys / showcases playing time is even but if it is a tournament final ... you play to win... I’ve been through this and it’s what happens . You play most games evenly and if you make it to the final ... you play your best .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 or 4 Hero's White players dropped off the MandD Red roster today. Were 3 of them the ones that went to Pride? Or did they get offers from Skywalkers? Skywalkers would make more sense. Why drive to VA to a program that is not remotely as good as SW for player development and recruiting? Agree it will be a surprise if they stay with Pride long-term.

They are either misinformed or didn’t make Skywalkers team. Pride is a good club with some good teams but should’ve went to Skywalkers. Silly move .Maybe bucket hat has bad judgement ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are we really talking about specific kids on here? Off limits. Inappropriate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Off limits, inappropriate and blatantly FALSE. I watched her clear under pressure all the time.

The real question is what kind of person anonymously trashes a 13 year old CHILD in an online forum? I feel bad for your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 or 4 Hero's White players dropped off the MandD Red roster today. Were 3 of them the ones that went to Pride? Or did they get offers from Skywalkers? Skywalkers would make more sense. Why drive to VA to a program that is not remotely as good as SW for player development and recruiting? Agree it will be a surprise if they stay with Pride long-term.

They are either misinformed or didn’t make Skywalkers team. Pride is a good club with some good teams but should’ve went to Skywalkers. Silly move .Maybe bucket hat has bad judgement ?

Didn’t try out. Not everyone is as enamored with skywalkers as some on this board seem to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No name was given, vague post so nothing is wrong here. Unless you are being sensitive and thinking this person is talking about your kid. Thick skin my friend thick skin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No because that description refers to about 90% of 8th grade defenders 😀

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No name was given, vague post so nothing is wrong here. Unless you are being sensitive and thinking this person is talking about your kid. Thick skin my friend thick skin.

He is talking about a specific kid… relates to his post about three HW girls going to Pride that someone called him out on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They made SW blue and went. End of story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is interesting.

When it comes to recruiting tourneys / showcases playing time is even but if it is a tournament final ... you play to win... I’ve been through this and it’s what happens . You play most games evenly and if you make it to the final ... you play your best .

Playing time is not even at M&D at the high school level in showcase events. Anyone saying otherwise is lying. Go on the high school forum and ask M&D parents. Multiple complaints to SR over the years about it yet he continued to sit on the sidelines and let it happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is interesting.

Oh this is correct. What I said was in showcase tournaments which once you get to HS are what the majority of the events end up being.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is interesting.

Playing time is not even at M&D at the high school level in showcase events. Anyone saying otherwise is lying. Go on the high school forum and ask M&D parents. Multiple complaints to SR over the years about it yet he continued to sit on the sidelines and let it happen.

Everyone played 50% in showcases on the 2021 team. Originally she tried to go 50% of the weekend and parents went crazy and it was changed to 50% of every game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn’t try out. Not everyone is as enamored with skywalkers as some on this board seem to be.

Enamored is a strong word. I jus know that when it counts they become better and always produce solid lacrosse players which is the goal right? Who cares if sally wins lax for the cure in her 7th grade year... she herself needs to get better right? Make her high school team and maybe she wants to play in college? Also a plus .. no parent coaching and they help with recruiting .. I’m not a Skywalkers parent I just have seen how this works in the long run and that’s what should matter !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Off limits, inappropriate and blatantly FALSE. I watched her clear under pressure all the time.

The real question is what kind of person anonymously trashes a 13 year old CHILD in an online forum? I feel bad for your kid.

Only a bitter fool does !!

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enamored is a strong word. I jus know that when it counts they become better and always produce solid lacrosse players which is the goal right? Who cares if sally wins lax for the cure in her 7th grade year... she herself needs to get better right? Make her high school team and maybe she wants to play in college? Also a plus .. no parent coaching and they help with recruiting .. I’m not jus a Skywalkers parent I just have seen how this works in the long run and that’s what should matter ![/quote]
Sally cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only a bitter fool does !!

And that bitter fool and his attack daughter aren’t part of an MD team anymore…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sally cares about having good coaching and learning the fundamentals in the current year. It’s not all about the club’s recruiting record in three years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sally developing means she is getting good coaching ... just because they aren’t winning now doesn’t mean they aren’t getting good coaching ... why don’t you go out there and coach Sally?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Tough defender, perhaps. but can’t clear the ball, Panics when doubled and turns the ball over.

Wow you really are that dense .... Just leave the kids alone. It’s a simple rule . Grown ups shouldn’t bash kids.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enamored is a strong word. I jus know that when it counts they become better and always produce solid lacrosse players which is the goal right? Who cares if sally wins lax for the cure in her 7th grade year... she herself needs to get better right? Make her high school team and maybe she wants to play in college? Also a plus .. no parent coaching and they help with recruiting .. I’m not a Skywalkers parent I just have seen how this works in the long run and that’s what should matter !

Like I said, I'm not a fan of the skywalkers program maybe you are but I am not. I have never even heard of the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the difference is that SW does develop the entire team, not a few of the star players (like other clubs who may likely have a parent coach). They always focus on a team environment... that is how to be a good team mate,a coachable player, attitude and work ethic. This is why their players are considered highly recruitable. Approach is more holistic, not as Sally superstar focused.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the difference is that SW does develop the entire team, not a few of the star players (like other clubs who may likely have a parent coach). They always focus on a team environment... that is how to be a good team mate,a coachable player, attitude and work ethic. This is why their players are considered highly recruitable. Approach is more holistic, not as Sally superstar focused.

Totally agree!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enamored is a strong word. I jus know that when it counts they become better and always produce solid lacrosse players which is the goal right? Who cares if sally wins lax for the cure in her 7th grade year... she herself needs to get better right? Make her high school team and maybe she wants to play in college? Also a plus .. no parent coaching and they help with recruiting .. I’m not jus a Skywalkers parent I just have seen how this works in the long run and that’s what should matter !
Sally cares.[/quote]

Sally’s daddy cares because he thinks that it means something ... foolish thinking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Heros and MD end up having full first and second teams with all the shifting around of players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a joke right ? Moving kids mid year !not playing all the girls in games. People take it so they get the benefit of being in a top team. They have high level stars and low level fillers like every other club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No team plays all players in a game if they are in a close game. They play their best players because they owe it to the other girls on the team to try to win. That's pretty much across the board except in high school recruiting years at a showcase. I have not seen a player moved mid year unless at the parent's request. Everyone just has to go where they think they have the best environment for their daughter and there are lots of teams out there no one mentions like Md United, TLC, NEMS etc... Take your child where you find the best fit and where she can actually play and be happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know what having a “parent coach” has to do with this. I don’t think parent coaches don’t approach things holistically or fail to encourage team play and ignore players with good attitudes. “Star players” (as you call them) may simply be working harder on their own time out of team practice AND may exhibit good attitudes and work ethic in practice. At this age I am not sure it is that complicated in that strong stick skills are critical and are the player’s responsibility (largely) on their own time. Practice should include aspects of individual development, but the “playing together” and lax iq are stronger components. There is only so much full team practice time each week. Of course coaches - parent or not - notice the girls who are likely working hard and consistently outside practice. I feel like this post begs the question of what you think is your daughter’s responsibility vs. the coaches. And being realistic that “star players” may actually be outworking others on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We certainly agree that players who want to excel will do the "extra" work. Run for endurance, work stick skills etc... I think that often with a parent coach you see some favoritism of the parent's daughter and her friends or the friends of the parent. Certainly there are excellent parent coaches who do not do this. It is just a generalization. I was more responding to parents here who mentioned that on some teams, it appears all the plays run through a coaches daughter etc... And of course, we agree that there are aspects of skills for individual development. But there are differences in the team concept that you can clearly see on some teams in both the players and even in the parents on the sideline. I think we have clearly heard that through out this entire thread from many different comments. But every parent has to go where they think is best for their own child (and hopefully they consider what the child wants and is realistic about her ability to play at a specific level). There are so many options in this area so hopefully every young lady who wants to play can find a team that works for her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You didn’t sign your name either did you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You didn’t sign your name either did you?

Neither did you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like I said, I'm not a fan of the skywalkers program maybe you are but I am not. I have never even heard of the coach.

my daughter played on one of the 21 teams. he has no credentials. he walked around like a coach but only kept stats. parents laughed, we called him “the bookkeeper”. call it desperate for coaches. one reason I moved my younger daughter out of skywalkers

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 87 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard