BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 53 1 2 49 50 51 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Love people telling other to stay away while slowly trying to figure a way to get back in. Team down 5+ kids with injuries and other commitments. Could have easily combined Rush kids at any point to fill in the spots and no one would have complained but TZ didn’t want to slight any of his parents.

My son has played for Legacy for the past 6 years. He lost more than he won, but the coaching he had was second to none. At any time, Coach Zummo could have brought in ringers to win tournaments, but he played the kids on the team and got every last drop of effort out of them. Zummo is all class and good to his word. Just my opinion. I wound up at Legacy in a random way and I'm thankful I did.

Tommy is a great coach, I only wish he got involved with what was going on with that team earlier.

He got involved at the right time. A couple of years before the kids entered the most crucial phase, the beginning of the recruitment envelope. Reading posts above about how Express brought in kids from their Jersey outfit to try and win that tournament, that's something TZ would never do. Who cares if you win a tournament if your kid gets pushed aside for a better player from out of state at tournament time? Is that why you practice year round, to get shafted at game time?

S2S Hawks added kids to their roster all season long. Up until their second to last tournament. Still didn't win anything

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Hornets B team? Thoughts? I know the club world and the A vs B teams in general. I just don't know anything about this team and am trying to get info. I'd appreciate any worthwhile info. Thanks

All the big club 2nd teams go by the coaches commitment to the team. S2S, Igloo, Express, 91, Rebels, and Rush. Basically round out this bunch. Best bet speak to people familiar with those teams. Won’t share who I think is the best, just look at the results over the summer and speak to people on the team.

91 Hornets B team coach = great guy, excellent coach
Would def disagree with that comment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire is also a good option if you're out east

How is the coaching now? We tried out there a few years ago but weren't impressed and watching them at tournaments they didn't seem very well coached. If that's improved that'd be good to know.

There was a coaching change, a high school varsity coach took over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A varsity coach or college coach should be the club coach. A qualified guy. People are dropping thousands of dollars, they don’t want PAL coaches who coached their sons. We pay about 180 for something like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 2025 teams are looking for 24 holdbacks at this point. They want to ramp up to see who gets the most college commitments and hopefully force some of their 2025/ to also take the prep route.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 2025 teams are looking for 24 holdbacks at this point. They want to ramp up to see who gets the most college commitments and hopefully force some of their 2025/ to also take the prep route.

Typical LI move

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take the prep rout .... 98% of the people on here can not afford the perp rout and the other factor is that the school may not want you and your kid may not be good enough to play in the New England Prep league. Before
you come on here and assume kids can play in that league do your research those schools lax programs would destroy any public school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about the Epic Jokers program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about the Epic Jokers program?

B/C program. For whatever reason their 2025 parents are a particularly "challenging" group. I don't know much about their coaches, but I'd steer clear just because of the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebs A team 25 doesnt ball. They get balled At least from what I have seen.
We are in Nassau county and looking. Does anyone have info on Icon?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake news. You have no idea what you are talking about. Tryouts are an open competition just like they've always been. We are historically one of the most college committed programs and not one parent or coach has made any reference to holding back. Stop phishing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you mind me asking where you are looking to move on from? From why I’ve seen with this age group over the last few years as I have a son playing in this age group is that outside of the top tier (A teams for 91, Express, Igloo), you’re left with tons of options all of which have their drawbacks.

One option is a 2nd team with one of the big clubs - every year seems these turn over dramatically. For years, 91 hasn’t been able to sustain a 2nd team. Kids from A get shuttled down to help the team look good. Paying $4k plus for a set of headaches

Another option is the A team for second tier clubs (no disrespect in that statement). Teams like Rebels, Regulators, True Blue, Legacy. All are competitive teams but there have been numerous comments regarding play time or commitment level, etc

Lastly, you can look into the Icon, Hitmen, Recon, Viper type teams. Lower profile clubs. Don’t know a ton about these teams but I would guess they all have good pieces but are thin at depth.

Best advice I can give you, is call each club and ask about roster. How much if it had been together for more than this past season. How much turnover do they expect and in what position groups. Practice/game philosophy, etc.

I guess this is a long winded way of saying every club has its bright spots and warts. Find the one that works best for your son and will allow him to play. Hope that helps you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these teams are the same. They all have Daddy's kid on the team which is one roster spot that is never rotated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the posts are funny. Directors need to promote their product. I get it. Tryouts are coming. It looks great when lots of kids attend. Dancing around factual statements is common.

I'm more impressed when a club is honest and posts "We only need two more poles and a middie for one age group and a lefty attack for the other."
Good luck waiting for an honest club. They will not give up 50 plus kids all paying $100 to tryout. What really burns me is that the current players have to pay to tryout for their own team. I am the dummy though because I keep writing the check.

$100 for a tryout? What club is charging this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these teams are the same. They all have Daddy's kid on the team which is one roster spot that is never rotated.
And that kid NEVER comes off the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I've seen the dads are harder on their own kids than anyone else's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And there are better kids on the bench that never see field because of it! Everyone sees it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any info on Igloo 2025 B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the posts are funny. Directors need to promote their product. I get it. Tryouts are coming. It looks great when lots of kids attend. Dancing around factual statements is common.

I'm more impressed when a club is honest and posts "We only need two more poles and a middie for one age group and a lefty attack for the other."
Good luck waiting for an honest club. They will not give up 50 plus kids all paying $100 to tryout. What really burns me is that the current players have to pay to tryout for their own team. I am the dummy though because I keep writing the check.

Steep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From a competitive standpoint, I’d put them in the lower level of teams in LI. Will not play against tough opponents, Will never be in the most competitive bracket

Personal opinion and welcome anyone to argue against me.
Why would anyone want to play on a top tier club 2nd team at the rate they charge?

When you pay for club lax, you’re paying for the experience along with tournament fees, uniform, etc. When you compare the 2nd team of a big club to its top team, you don’t get the same level of coaching, you don’t get the same attention from the club, you’re not entered in the premium tournaments, often you practice less often…..why would you pay the same amount as A team players when you get less from the club?

For a B lacrosse player, I’d recommend a club where you’re sons team is their focus, not an afterthought

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From a competitive standpoint, I’d put them in the lower level of teams in LI. Will not play against tough opponents, Will never be in the most competitive bracket

Why would anyone want to play on a top tier club 2nd team at the rate they charge?

When you pay for club lax, you’re paying for the experience along with tournament fees, uniform, etc. When you compare the 2nd team of a big club to its top team, you don’t get the same level of coaching, you don’t get the same attention from the club, you’re not entered in the premium tournaments, often you practice less often…..why would you pay the same amount as A team players when you get less from the club?

For a B lacrosse player, I’d recommend a club where you’re sons team is their focus, not an afterthought

So somewhat true. And in my experience big club B teams have all to do with who the coaches are. Because the level of commitment does vary, but by club and coach, not universal. So not disagreeing with you, but saying check it out and ask the questions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the self proclaimed AA clubs on LI.
To add; 91 is the only club on LI that has won anything this year but then got trounced the following weekend. LI CoachC hasn't won anything meaningful, Igloo hasn't won anything ever. Rebels, Regs and S2S not there yet. Fools will still line up to pay $100 for a tryout and join a roster with 30 players. 15 of those kids will never see the field. Find a good program with a good coach and assistant, manageable roster of no more than 22. Does this exist? Getting harder and harder to find.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team are we talking about here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 kids is ideal
7 midfield
5 defense
5 attack
2 goalies
1 fogo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 kids is ideal
7 midfield
5 defense
5 attack
2 goalies
1 fogo

By summer you will have injuries and conflicts and this is too light.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 kids is ideal
7 midfield
5 defense
5 attack
2 goalies
1 fogo

Add two more midfielders and I am with you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs are you referring to? TiA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 kids is ideal
7 midfield
5 defense
5 attack
2 goalies
1 fogo

Clubs will often take 23 plus kids per team but only need 21 at most. Every tuition check over about 18 kids goes straight to the bottom line. I used to be involved with a club lax programs finances and this is a ballpark number but probably pretty close. More kids more profit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 kids is ideal
7 midfield
5 defense
5 attack
2 goalies
1 fogo

I don't understand this "conflicts" thing. We create our schedule AROUND tournaments. When you're paying the kind of money you pay, you figure it out.

I think 20 is good. I'd lose one attack and add either another middie or pole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 kids is ideal
7 midfield
5 defense
5 attack
2 goalies
1 fogo

Clubs will often take 23 plus kids per team but only need 21 at most. Every tuition check over about 18 kids goes straight to the bottom line. I used to be involved with a club lax programs finances and this is a ballpark number but probably pretty close. More kids more profit.

23…try 30. They will take every player who is willing to pay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What clubs are your referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 kids is ideal
7 midfield
5 defense
5 attack
2 goalies
1 fogo

23…try 30. They will take every player who is willing to pay.

And then when summer tournaments roll around the teams will bring in more players so they end up with 40 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try to speak to the parents of the kids that have been with the team for more than a year. They will be honest. There is no perfect situation. With B teams, there is always turnover of kids who think they are A players and are every year dissatisfied with something and looking for a golden ticket to an A team.

On B teams a successful team is 20% coaching, 80% commitment and skill of the kids. If the program offers good training, a solid practice schedule and enough tournaments in fall and spring/summer, it is usually a good experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try to speak to the parents of the kids that have been with the team for more than a year. They will be honest. There is no perfect situation. With B teams, there is always turnover of kids who think they are A players and are every year dissatisfied with something and looking for a golden ticket to an A team.

On B teams a successful team is 20% coaching, 80% commitment and skill of the kids. If the program offers good training, a solid practice schedule and enough tournaments in fall and spring/summer, it is usually a good experience.

I don't understand the need for fall tournaments. My son plays football in the fall. Let the kids have other seasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you mind me asking where you are looking to move on from? From why I’ve seen with this age group over the last few years as I have a son playing in this age group is that outside of the top tier (A teams for 91, Express, Igloo), you’re left with tons of options all of which have their drawbacks.

One option is a 2nd team with one of the big clubs - every year seems these turn over dramatically. For years, 91 hasn’t been able to sustain a 2nd team. Kids from A get shuttled down to help the team look good. Paying $4k plus for a set of headaches

Another option is the A team for second tier clubs (no disrespect in that statement). Teams like Rebels, Regulators, True Blue, Legacy. All are competitive teams but there have been numerous comments regarding play time or commitment level, etc

Lastly, you can look into the Icon, Hitmen, Recon, Viper type teams. Lower profile clubs. Don’t know a ton about these teams but I would guess they all have good pieces but are thin at depth.

Best advice I can give you, is call each club and ask about roster. How much if it had been together for more than this past season. How much turnover do they expect and in what position groups. Practice/game philosophy, etc.

I guess this is a long winded way of saying every club has its bright spots and warts. Find the one that works best for your son and will allow him to play. Hope that helps you

So I am not sure who you are but the 91 second team has had a stable roster for 3 seasons now and has picked up better kids each year. They are not an A team but are one of the better B teams on the island. There has not been one instance this summer where Shock players were brought in to play on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Hornets B team? Thoughts? I know the club world and the A vs B teams in general. I just don't know anything about this team and am trying to get info. I'd appreciate any worthwhile info. Thanks

All the big club 2nd teams go by the coaches commitment to the team. S2S, Igloo, Express, 91, Rebels, and Rush. Basically round out this bunch. Best bet speak to people familiar with those teams. Won’t share who I think is the best, just look at the results over the summer and speak to people on the team.

91 Hornets B team coach = great guy, excellent coach
Would def disagree with that comment

I second that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Igloo took like 100 kids for their "A" and "B" teams. Are they hurting that bad for $?

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is definitely not true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Igloo took like 100 kids for their "A" and "B" teams. Are they hurting that bad for $?
FACT. Everybody that showed up was offered a spot. Maybe not 100 but easily over 50. Parents weren't allowed up on field because of parking (probably not real reason). I got the info from my son who was told on 2nd tryout day which group he was. A, B and something in between. Some speech later about potential for movement and more playing time. Was also told a coach would reach out, never happened. Sounded like an effort to keep everyone and not let one dollar slip away. BTW we declined , not sure they knew or cared since nobody followed up. At those prices no thanks.

Page 51 of 53 1 2 49 50 51 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard