BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 112 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After Mid Atlantic

1)YJ
2)Aces
3)M&D
4)hero’s

quote=Anonymous]1) M&D Black
2) Hero's Green
3) Aces Elite

I'm not sure you can argue anyone else in the top three. To me there's a good gap there.
BLC, Yellow Jackets, at the top of the next tier. Eagle Stix and Madskillz, Coppermine, NEMs, MDU there in top 10.[/quote]

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
TLC has way better recruiting track record than a team like Coppermine. By high school, the best girls will be playing for the well established teams.
Have you looked at their 22 class? TLC doesn’t have the same record of recruiting like they use to have. Not even half the girls on red are recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After Mid Atlantic

1)YJ
2)Aces
3)M&D
4)hero’s

2) Hero's Green
3) Aces Elite

I'm not sure you can argue anyone else in the top three. To me there's a good gap there.
BLC, Yellow Jackets, at the top of the next tier. Eagle Stix and Madskillz, Coppermine, NEMs, MDU there in top 10.
[/quote]

Based off the whole season....
1 M&D
2. Hero's
3. Aces
4. YJ
5. BLC
6. Madskilz

M&D had by far the best year. Hero's had a great year. Just slightly overshadowed by M&D. Aces is really good. Played a tough schedule and was in every single game they played. But didn't win any tournaments of note. YJ is really good and had a great Summer tournament. But didn't win any big tournaments. BLC is steady. Always does well but never wins any tournaments.

The top 4 are clearly better.

Madskilz was seen at NGLL nationals and played really well. Just not enough games against the mid-atlantic (where YJ and Aces play as well)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After Mid Atlantic

1)YJ
2)Aces
3)M&D
4)hero’s

2) Hero's Green
3) Aces Elite

BLC, Yellow Jackets, at the top of the next tier. Eagle Stix and Madskillz, Coppermine, NEMs, MDU there in top 10.

Based off the whole season....
1 M&D
2. Hero's
3. Aces
4. YJ
5. BLC
6. Madskilz

M&D had by far the best year. Hero's had a great year. Just slightly overshadowed by M&D. Aces is really good. Played a tough schedule and was in every single game they played. But didn't win any tournaments of note. YJ is really good and had a great Summer tournament. But didn't win any big tournaments. BLC is steady. Always does well but never wins any tournaments.

The top 4 are clearly better.

Madskilz was seen at NGLL nationals and played really well. Just not enough games against the mid-atlantic (where YJ and Aces play as well)[/quote]

Agreed. Not sure you can put Aces and YJ over M&D and Heros based off one tournament where half of the games got cancelled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is correct that the 2022 commitments aren’t as strong as some prior years but they are also not finished yet. So far they have 16 girls committed between red and white, how many does Coppermine have?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is correct that the 2022 commitments aren’t as strong as some prior years but they are also not finished yet. So far they have 16 girls committed between red and white, how many does Coppermine have?

Sorry, lost the quote. This is in reference to TLC, and prior post that less than half the red 22 team was committed is incorrect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably a fool's errand to compare 2022 commitments to anything else. Because of Covid the 22s weren't seen live for most the year leading up to 9/1. Add that to smaller classes to do current college students having an extra year and the numbers have changed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we talking about 22’s on a 27 thread?

Also, does anyone have the scores and/or results from the Mid-Atlantic tourney? Tourney Machine never updated the playoff brackets?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aces over eagle stix and YJ over lbc in semis. Both Games won in OT.
YJ over aces in finals- one goal game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we talking about 22’s on a 27 thread?

Also, does anyone have the scores and/or results from the Mid-Atlantic tourney? Tourney Machine never updated the playoff brackets?

Because people like you are shortsighted and think any of these games and results matter at all. Looking forward and seeing how the older girls on your club are being recruited is what everyone should be doing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine 2022 team has quite a few talented players and multiple commitments. Furthermore, who is anyone to judge what is considered an impressive commitment there are many factors weighing on decision. I'd rather play on a top D3 team than warm a D1 bench as a practice dummy. Every athlete is different and it's the parent's ego that interferes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, lost the quote. This is in reference to TLC, and prior post that less than half the red 22 team was committed is incorrect.
The difference between TLC & Coppermine is that TLC has 2 teams for 22's - a total of 16 girls are committed out of the 2 teams, so yes it is less then half committed.
Coppermine, even though not "new", they don't have the recruiting history that TLC has. TLC recruiting is not what it used to be and that is a fact.
There are 9 girls committed at Coppermine 22 class, I believe that is more then previous years and every year their recruiting will get better and better. Coppermine is getting bigger and TLC is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine 2022 team has quite a few talented players and multiple commitments. Furthermore, who is anyone to judge what is considered an impressive commitment there are many factors weighing on decision. I'd rather play on a top D3 team than warm a D1 bench as a practice dummy. Every athlete is different and it's the parent's ego that interferes.

Of course this is true. But the top clubs have relationships with a lot more programs and have a history of placing girls in them. The college coaches trust those clubs when they ask for their input. Being on a club that has no history of getting their girls recruited is a huge risk. Not to mention that by the time the girls get to HS a lot of them will move to the big 3 and your team that used to play in A brackets will now play in B brackets. This not only hurts your daughter in terms of exposure but it really hurts her in terms of development as she is no longer playing against and practicing against top competition. Running isos and being able to just run through a bad team and score goals isn't helping her at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course this is true. But the top clubs have relationships with a lot more programs and have a history of placing girls in them. The college coaches trust those clubs when they ask for their input. Being on a club that has no history of getting their girls recruited is a huge risk. Not to mention that by the time the girls get to HS a lot of them will move to the big 3 and your team that used to play in A brackets will now play in B brackets. This not only hurts your daughter in terms of exposure but it really hurts her in terms of development as she is no longer playing against and practicing against top competition. Running isos and being able to just run through a bad team and score goals isn't helping her at all.[/quote]

OK - so the big three - meaning skywalkers, M&D and Hero's have 60 some spots between the three for their A teams. So does that mean only 60 some girls from the Baltimore area in each graduation year should be able to play college lacrosse ? If the big three B teams don't get many girls recruited and other less established clubs don't get girls recruited as people keep saying on here, what do the girls do who are not on black, green, or blue ?? What is your suggestion for them ? Everyone's suggestion is to get on one of these three teams but there's only 66 spots. So Tell me what should all of the other girls who want to play and some who are actually stronger players than girls on those teams do ? I've been hearing this for years now - but no one has a suggestion for the 200 girls around Baltimore who are not on those three teams.

I would like a serious answer to this question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not true. Is it true that is if you play on M&D Black you will be seen by the top 20 D1 schools in the country yes does it mean you will get recruited no. A large portion of the girls who have committed recently have gotten little to no money and will never see the field. I have seen teams in the B Bracket have 20+ coaches on their sidelines. If your daughter is good enough to play at a top D1 school it won't matter what team she plays on. They probably get more exposure because they don't have to split time with 23 other players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course this is true. But the top clubs have relationships with a lot more programs and have a history of placing girls in them. The college coaches trust those clubs when they ask for their input. Being on a club that has no history of getting their girls recruited is a huge risk. Not to mention that by the time the girls get to HS a lot of them will move to the big 3 and your team that used to play in A brackets will now play in B brackets. This not only hurts your daughter in terms of exposure but it really hurts her in terms of development as she is no longer playing against and practicing against top competition. Running isos and being able to just run through a bad team and score goals isn't helping her at all.

OK - so the big three - meaning Skywalkers, M&D and Hero's have 60 some spots between the three for their A teams. So does that mean only 60 some girls from the Baltimore area in each graduation year should be able to play college lacrosse ? If the big three B teams don't get many girls recruited and other less established clubs don't get girls recruited as people keep saying on here, what do the girls do who are not on black, green, or blue ?? What is your suggestion for them ? Everyone's suggestion is to get on one of these three teams but there's only 66 spots. So Tell me what should all of the other girls who want to play and some who are actually stronger players than girls on those teams do ? I've been hearing this for years now - but no one has a suggestion for the 200 girls around Baltimore who are not on those three teams.

I would like a serious answer to this question.[/quote]

As someone who has been through the process multiple times and is going through with a 23 right now. A few things

1) You are right. There are girls from low A, high B teams who get recruited to D1 schools every year. its just harder. Also, more will be driven by performances at prospect days and camps then at tourney games.

2) You need to find someone who can be realistic with you about the level of lacrosse your daughter should aspire to. The only girls who I see that get no offers are ones who targeted high D-1 when they were really low D-1, high D-3 prospects. Better clubs have reputations and relationships and can get you honest answers

3) Recruiting starts well before junior year. The biggest advantage of big clubs is that they can get honest feedback on girls in their freshman years. Recruiting pipelines aren't what they once were. (SW to Duke may be the exception).

4) When you pick a team focus on quality of coaching and competition in practice more than anything else. Ultimately girls have to win scholarships on the field. The advantage of Big 3 teams is they get more eyes, but you need to perform when you get these eyes.

5) This advice is specific to greater Baltimore and to a lesser extent DC. If you are in a non-core lacrosse market, recruiting is a different beast altogether.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not true. Is it true that is if you play on M&D Black you will be seen by the top 20 D1 schools in the country yes does it mean you will get recruited no. A large portion of the girls who have committed recently have gotten little to no money and will never see the field. I have seen teams in the B Bracket have 20+ coaches on their sidelines. If your daughter is good enough to play at a top D1 school it won't matter what team she plays on. They probably get more exposure because they don't have to split time with 23 other players.

That's good to hear. I'm so tired of hearing you have to be on one of these three teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's good to hear. I'm so tired of hearing you have to be on one of these three teams
^^^^^ me too, it gets old

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is saying you "have to be" on one of those 3 clubs. The truth is though that it is certainly advantageous to be. Obviously not everyone can get one of those 65-75 spots. Not sure what you are saying isn't true in the post that was responded to. Certainly there are plenty of girls from clubs other than those 3 that get recruited. As another poster said, doing well at on campus prospect days at schools your daughter is interested in is the best avenue to take. My post that was called untrue was more about development. Practicing against better competition will make you better. Playing in A brackets against better competition will make you better. Playing on a club with no history of getting girls recruited is a risk. Playing for a top club that has longstanding relationships with college coaches is an advantage. Not sure which of those statements isn't true.

Yes there are girls on those 3 clubs "A" teams that go to D3 schools. But in both years that my kid's played those choices were made for academics, not because they didn't have D1 offers. No one is saying kids don't get recruited from other clubs but I don't think it's debatable that these 3 clubs have a long history of getting their kids recruited. I think a lot of these posts are in regards to a small group of players that are good enough to play on these teams but choose to stay where they are. It can come back to bite them. Sure they'll get recruited, but will they have as many options as they would have otherwise?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great thread. The obvious answer is we need to start talking about the big 8 to10 clubs in the area. It would make these ridiculous tryouts so less stressful instead of trying to maneuver onto one of the big 3 you had 10 choices to choose from instead. Closer distance as well for parents to get kids to practice. We need a diffusion of talent from the big "3" out to 5 or 7 clubs to make them more competitive. Why not start at HoCo or TLC? Minutes available. Look with enough practice and instruction everyone is going to be able to catch and throw with both hands soon. What is going to be in short supply is meaningful minutes in games against good competition for your daughter, unless she is a starter on the big 3. What if it was the big 10 clubs? No more 15-1 games, but close games all the time? Would that not be better for all the players? Forget the clubs reputation let them worry about that. Do not get stuck 3rd string at the big 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great thread. The obvious answer is we need to start talking about the big 8 to10 clubs in the area. It would make these ridiculous tryouts so less stressful instead of trying to maneuver onto one of the big 3 you had 10 choices to choose from instead. Closer distance as well for parents to get kids to practice. We need a diffusion of talent from the big "3" out to 5 or 7 clubs to make them more competitive. Why not start at HoCo or TLC? Minutes available. Look with enough practice and instruction everyone is going to be able to catch and throw with both hands soon. What is going to be in short supply is meaningful minutes in games against good competition for your daughter, unless she is a starter on the big 3. What if it was the big 10 clubs? No more 15-1 games, but close games all the time? Would that not be better for all the players? Forget the clubs reputation let them worry about that. Do not get stuck 3rd string at the big 3.

I agree with this. There is a flip side to things. If your daughter is on a big 3 team and not playing that isn't really helping either. As another poster said there has to be a really honest understanding of what level your daughter is suited for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC has between 20 and 30 commitments in 2021 and 2022. this can be easily verified on their web site. Coppermine does not have the same recruiting track record (I doubt more than 5 commitments a year for past three years,but happy to be proved wrong),’, does not get invited to tournaments like G8 and does not have local high school coaches coaching their team like the omore established clubs. The 2027 TLC red coach is not only the head coach at bryn Mawr, she also is an assistant coach for the national team and won 4 national championships while in college. We’ve been very happy with our TLC experience, parent of a high schooler.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC has between 20 and 30 commitments in 2021 and 2022. this can be easily verified on their web site. Coppermine does not have the same recruiting track record (I doubt more than 5 commitments a year for past three years,but happy to be proved wrong),’, does not get invited to tournaments like G8 and does not have local high school coaches coaching their team like the omore established clubs. The 2027 TLC red coach is not only the head coach at bryn Mawr, she also is an assistant coach for the national team and won 4 national championships while in college. We’ve been very happy with our TLC experience, parent of a high schooler.
There are 16 girls recruited for the 22 class (red & white combined) - verified on their website. Also, does your daughter want to go to the school she want's to go to, or is she going to let the Club make that decision for her (I've been told TLC does not give good advice when it comes to recruiting). I agree, Coppermine does not have the recruiting track record - there are 9 commitments for their 22 class (4 are D1). In my opinion, Coppermine will get better and better every year with recruiting because every year they are growing and growing.
Also in my opinion, you can not only rely on the Club to get your daughter recruited - it is 100% up to your daughter to get recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 16 girls recruited for the 22 class (red & white combined) - verified on their website. Also, does your daughter want to go to the school she want's to go to, or is she going to let the Club make that decision for her (I've been told TLC does not give good advice when it comes to recruiting). I agree, Coppermine does not have the recruiting track record - there are 9 commitments for their 22 class (4 are D1). In my opinion, Coppermine will get better and better every year with recruiting because every year they are growing and growing.
Also in my opinion, you can not only rely on the Club to get your daughter recruited - it is 100% up to your daughter to get recruited.

How many of Coppermine’s 2022 recruits are d1? Their high schools teams are just not very good and are never in the top bracket.

TLC had 24 commitments in 2021, 29 in 2020, and 27 in 2019. We’ve already noted that this year is an outlier for all clubs and NESAC commitments, among others, still to come.

And yes, we have been happy with the recruiting support. We have a family member a few years older who went from TLC to Vanderbilt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didnt know that. Does she have a daughter on the 27s? Watched them go 0-4 at LaxisLife. They have 3-4 very strong players who could probably play on any A team in the state, but the rest of the team was average at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many of Coppermine’s 2022 recruits are d1? Their high schools teams are just not very good and are never in the top bracket.

TLC had 24 commitments in 2021, 29 in 2020, and 27 in 2019. We’ve already noted that this year is an outlier for all clubs and NESAC commitments, among others, still to come.

And yes, we have been happy with the recruiting support. We have a family member a few years older who went from TLC to Vanderbilt.
4 Coppermine are D1. What does their HS team have to do with Club? I guess the 23 commits for TLC will show if it was just a Fluke with the 22 class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to the topic at hand. The 27s.
At some tryouts last night. I saw a few kids from different clubs.
Perhaps a mid major team may be able to challenge M&D for top cheddar if they consolidated forces...hmmm...
Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC is horrible at the 2027 age. Why are we even talking about them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps a mid major team may be able to challenge M&D for top cheddar if they consolidated forces...hmmm...

Good luck with that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having played in college at a D1 school, played at “Big 3”club and coached 27’s plus other ages it’s important to remember the girls. First they have to love the game. Out of 16 girls that played college at a D1 from my club only myself and maybe 5 others finished all for years still playing. Please don’t put the cart before the horse. Great to see parents excited for their girls futures but make sure you balance being ultra competitive with letting them have fun. Secondly there is no one fit for everyone. I played with girls from different clubs that weren’t all M&D, SW or Hero’s so all have an opportunity. Talk with your child, coaches and club directors to see which is the best fit for your family. Then teach the girls how to set goals and work hard to get to where they want and not seeing something less as failure. Their best should always be good enough for you. Best of luck to everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that

You're right. It will never happen.

lolz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having played in college at a D1 school, played at “Big 3”club and coached 27’s plus other ages it’s important to remember the girls. First they have to love the game. Out of 16 girls that played college at a D1 from my club only myself and maybe 5 others finished all for years still playing. Please don’t put the cart before the horse. Great to see parents excited for their girls futures but make sure you balance being ultra competitive with letting them have fun. Secondly there is no one fit for everyone. I played with girls from different clubs that weren’t all M&D, SW or Hero’s so all have an opportunity. Talk with your child, coaches and club directors to see which is the best fit for your family. Then teach the girls how to set goals and work hard to get to where they want and not seeing something less as failure. Their best should always be good enough for you. Best of luck to everyone.
YES!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that

lolz

Locally. M&D and Hero's Green are top dogs. Not even close

Bethesda 27"s are 2nd flight. But still really good

Pride and Md United have really good programs and are really well coached. They could be strong down the road.

After that, the Nems, Coppermine's and LBC's are decent.

After that in Maryland the competition drops off dramatically. If you really want to "join forces"...you better work in the middle tier. Because after that the cupboards are pretty bare

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that

lolz

Pride and Md United have really good programs and are really well coached. They could be strong down the road.

After that in Maryland the competition drops off dramatically. If you really want to "join forces"...you better work in the middle tier. Because after that the cupboards are pretty bare

Next year, I expect BLC to drop to the 3rd tier based on roster loss and see Pride establish itself as the clear #3 with MDU and LBC not far behind.

Without a doubt, Pride has the most upside as a club at lower age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK - so the big three - meaning Skywalkers, M&D and Hero's have 60 some spots between the three for their A teams. So does that mean only 60 some girls from the Baltimore area in each graduation year should be able to play college lacrosse ? If the big three B teams don't get many girls recruited and other less established clubs don't get girls recruited as people keep saying on here, what do the girls do who are not on black, green, or blue ?? What is your suggestion for them ? Everyone's suggestion is to get on one of these three teams but there's only 66 spots. So Tell me what should all of the other girls who want to play and some who are actually stronger players than girls on those teams do ? I've been hearing this for years now - but no one has a suggestion for the 200 girls around Baltimore who are not on those three teams.

I would like a serious answer to this question.

As someone who has been through the process multiple times and is going through with a 23 right now. A few things

1) You are right. There are girls from low A, high B teams who get recruited to D1 schools every year. its just harder. Also, more will be driven by performances at prospect days and camps then at tourney games.

2) You need to find someone who can be realistic with you about the level of lacrosse your daughter should aspire to. The only girls who I see that get no offers are ones who targeted high D-1 when they were really low D-1, high D-3 prospects. Better clubs have reputations and relationships and can get you honest answers

3) Recruiting starts well before junior year. The biggest advantage of big clubs is that they can get honest feedback on girls in their freshman years. Recruiting pipelines aren't what they once were. (SW to Duke may be the exception).

4) When you pick a team focus on quality of coaching and competition in practice more than anything else. Ultimately girls have to win scholarships on the field. The advantage of Big 3 teams is they get more eyes, but you need to perform when you get these eyes.

5) This advice is specific to greater Baltimore and to a lesser extent DC. If you are in a non-core lacrosse market, recruiting is a different beast altogether.[/quote]

That is an interesting take on your # 5. The DMV is not considered a core lacrosse market? Obviously DMV isn't Long Island but it's also not Indiana.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nems and LBC 2027's are much better than MDU. Nems and LBC were both competitive with top teams this summer. They are also both stronger than Pride. Agree that M&D probably up top with Hero's close behind. BLC seemed more competitive at NGLL than this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that

lolz

Next year, I expect BLC to drop to the 3rd tier based on roster loss and see Pride establish itself as the clear #3 with MDU and LBC not far behind.

What BLC roster loss? I have seen a few comments with similar words, but they seem to have a strong core set of players,....Is something happening at BLC? Who left?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that

lolz

Lol, always enjoy a good laugh. Pride is free falling right now as an organization. Zero chance they ever compete with the big MD clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well she's not the coach at BMS anymore.

Page 8 of 112 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard