BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 53 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your such a clown. If you want to go by age, Team 91 Shock will take down anyone. Keep coming to tournaments with half the team a full year older.
I guess all the college coaches are clowns, they are driving the reclassing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is WSYL a joke? Oh that right you actually have to be the correct age to play in it, unlike the NLF were every team is a JV team due to all the holdbacks. Come on call a spade a spade. WSYL should be celebrated for pure lacrosse!

Yet, LI teams skirt the rules of the WSYL
Why is WSYL a joke? Oh that right you actually have to be the correct age to play in it, unlike the NLF were every team is a JV team due to all the holdbacks. Come on call a spade a spade. WSYL should be celebrated for pure lacrosse!

Yet, LI teams skirt the rules of the WSYL

The age based tournaments are very cool. The lax world has not embraced them (except the WSYL) but they are really great. The size, strength and maturity difference of middle school boys is incredible. The age filter evens the playing field for skilled but less mature players. In a couple of years it evens itself out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your such a clown. If you want to go by age, Team 91 Shock will take down anyone. Keep coming to tournaments with half the team a full year older.

This is true, and it's also also true that they skirted the rules of the WSYL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess all the college coaches are clowns, they are driving the reclassing.

No, they are not driving the reclassing. They are driving the "we want 20 year old freshman, and 23 year old seniors". They don't care if the kids play "on age" or "on grade" when they are 14.

The majority of NCAA D1 hockey players are "older". Yet hockey manages to have a youth system based on age. The two things can, and do, coexist. Colin McHoldback can start kindergarten late, and then later repeat 8th grade (so that he is a 16 yo HS freshman and 20 when he graduates). No one cares and no one will stop him. Colin just needs to play with kids his age up and until at least 16 on the travel lacrosse circuit (and for his Town team as well). The owners of clubs and tournaments (often the same people) will see increased participation and increased profits if they moved to age based. It will make for a more consistent and competitive product for the more average player, while they can still offer top notch competition to the superior player.

When a hockey player graduates HS as an 18 yo, and he is viewed as a D1 talent, but not yet ready to step in and play right away (because he is too young and green), the HC tells the kid as much, and the kid either plays junior hockey or attends a PG school until he is ready. If the kid is from a Prep School and has already reclassed, then he will step right in and play, or he will not be offered a D1 spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do these express parents say When CoachC brings in 8 players from Jersey?
Jersey Express kids?

What’s the difference. It’s very awkward for the team and parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 4 teams in the country left at NLF. The true championship.

CoachC brings in 8 kids from Jersey express 2024 to play this weekend and still gets smoked. Must feel great on that sideline to have your kid moved around every weekend

Is this true???

If it is, the Express parents that are normally on the team need to roll out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 4 teams in the country left at NLF. The true championship.

CoachC brings in 8 kids from Jersey express 2024 to play this weekend and still gets smoked. Must feel great on that sideline to have your kid moved around every weekend

Is this true???

If it is, the Express parents that are normally on the team need to roll out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is parents are afraid to speak up. They are afraid their kids will be punished by the coach if they speak up. My question is, how more are they going to get punished? They are standing on sidelines all tournament. Kids being brought in playing over them. What more can the coach do? It’s terrible. Some of these coaches and directors think they are God.They take 30 kids on the roster, they collect all that money, then periodic fees during the year for some other BS. What service are you providing for those 30 kids? Not 15 kids, 30 kids. Those families going to tournaments, out of state, traffic, hotels, to watch their kid stand there. Do these coaches and directors care if 1/3 of the team is unhappy? These directors should do the right thing and take 20 kids max on a team. Let the club lose out on 10 tuition checks. Let’s see if that happens. 20 is more than enough. Of course directors will say 30 is better. We need to scrimmage each other. We need fresh legs in July. Kids practice harder with more competition. We need a deeper team. Covid could come back this season and we can lose kids to quarantine. All these things are BS. We know why the number is close to 30.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is parents are afraid to speak up. They are afraid their kids will be punished by the coach if they speak up. My question is, how more are they going to get punished? They are standing on sidelines all tournament. Kids being brought in playing over them. What more can the coach do? It’s terrible. Some of these coaches and directors think they are God.They take 30 kids on the roster, they collect all that money, then periodic fees during the year for some other BS. What service are you providing for those 30 kids? Not 15 kids, 30 kids. Those families going to tournaments, out of state, traffic, hotels, to watch their kid stand there. Do these coaches and directors care if 1/3 of the team is unhappy? These directors should do the right thing and take 20 kids max on a team. Let the club lose out on 10 tuition checks. Let’s see if that happens. 20 is more than enough. Of course directors will say 30 is better. We need to scrimmage each other. We need fresh legs in July. Kids practice harder with more competition. We need a deeper team. Covid could come back this season and we can lose kids to quarantine. All these things are BS. We know why the number is close to 30.

What about a parent who opts for their child to play/practice with better kids in the hopes they get to the same level. I will add that it’s HS, if your son is not in a team where he is playing, you might want to reassess. Get on the best team, where your son can contribute the most. And make sure the coaches are 100% committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is that you are waiting for the club to do what is best for your child. If your child isn't playing, find a club that is a better fit.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. If it isnt the right fit , move on. 2 guys on my son's team did that already in last 3 weeks. Called "BS" and then Just up and walked..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is that you are waiting for the club to do what is best for your child. If your child isn't playing, find a club that is a better fit.
The club will only do what is best for their bottom line. These clubs will continue to flourish until fed up parents say NO. Find a program where your kids will contribute and play. Do you enjoy driving 3 hours each way to spend 2 days on the sidelines rooting for someone else kid?

Last edited by JMLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On LI I know we all pay over $4000 for the privilege of travel lacrosse, take a look below.

The HAWKS will offer two teams at 2025
Costs-

Full Membership
$2,195
This covers:

4 Coaches
Under Armour Game Uniform
Under Armour Hoody and Sweat pants
8 Winter Skill Sessions and Weight Training Sessions
Players will particiapte in Skill Sessions and training session in Janaury and February
6 Tournament Fees: 4 in Summer, 2 Fall tournaments
Fall Practices
Winter Practices
Spring Practices
HoCo Spring League
Summer Practices
All Play Days
Players must provide own travel and lodging

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On LI I know we all pay over $4000 for the privilege of travel lacrosse, take a look below.

The HAWKS will offer two teams at 2025
Costs-

Full Membership
$2,195
This covers:

4 Coaches
Under Armour Game Uniform
Under Armour Hoody and Sweat pants
8 Winter Skill Sessions and Weight Training Sessions
Players will particiapte in Skill Sessions and training session in Janaury and February
6 Tournament Fees: 4 in Summer, 2 Fall tournaments
Fall Practices
Winter Practices
Spring Practices
HoCo Spring League
Summer Practices
All Play Days
Players must provide own travel and lodging
NY State and City tax..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does Eclipse, Laxachusetts, 2Way, Sweetlax etc charge? We should use this board for real info sharing and be able to compare costs for what you get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will charge whatever the clowns ARE WILLING TO PAY. ITS THAT SIMPLE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the day, I don’t think people mind paying whatever it is l, if they got value in return. Phenomenal coaching would be on the top of my value list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does Eclipse, Laxachusetts, 2Way, Sweetlax etc charge? We should use this board for real info sharing and be able to compare costs for what you get.

The best kids on Sweetlax play for free. A few LI boys have played for them in the past and did not pay, or pay very little. It's how they get top rankings. They recruit the best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love people telling other to stay away while slowly trying to figure a way to get back in. Team down 5+ kids with injuries and other commitments. Could have easily combined Rush kids at any point to fill in the spots and no one would have complained but TZ didn’t want to slight any of his parents.

My son has played for Legacy for the past 6 years. He lost more than he won, but the coaching he had was second to none. At any time, Coach Zummo could have brought in ringers to win tournaments, but he played the kids on the team and got every last drop of effort out of them. Zummo is all class and good to his word. Just my opinion. I wound up at Legacy in a random way and I'm thankful I did.

Tommy is a great coach, I only wish he got involved with what was going on with that team earlier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Hornets B team? Thoughts? I know the club world and the A vs B teams in general. I just don't know anything about this team and am trying to get info. I'd appreciate any worthwhile info. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Hornets B team? Thoughts? I know the club world and the A vs B teams in general. I just don't know anything about this team and am trying to get info. I'd appreciate any worthwhile info. Thanks

All the big club 2nd teams go by the coaches commitment to the team. S2S, Igloo, Express, 91, Rebels, and Rush. Basically round out this bunch. Best bet speak to people familiar with those teams. Won’t share who I think is the best, just look at the results over the summer and speak to people on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels were balling tonight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the big club 2nd teams go by the coaches commitment to the team. S2S, Igloo, Express, 91, Rebels, and Rush. Basically round out this bunch. Best bet speak to people familiar with those teams. Won’t share who I think is the best, just look at the results over the summer and speak to people on the team.

Rebels Red coaches are amazing, they made some changes and Coach T and the new coach Sean are great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 25s? Stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how the turnouts were at tryouts for Igloo and Regulators? Are those teams really taking Players for their "A" teams or is it just filler for their "B" programs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebs A team 25 doesnt ball. They get balled At least from what I have seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the posts are funny. Directors need to promote their product. I get it. Tryouts are coming. It looks great when lots of kids attend. Dancing around factual statements is common.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Hornets B team coach = great guy, excellent coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the posts are funny. Directors need to promote their product. I get it. Tryouts are coming. It looks great when lots of kids attend. Dancing around factual statements is common.

I'm more impressed when a club is honest and posts "We only need two more poles and a middie for one age group and a lefty attack for the other."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the coaches in this group are solid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know anything about the 24 coaches? Are all of their practices at Comsewouge where the tryouts are? I thought they were a Nassau program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know anything about the 24 coaches? Are all of their practices at Comsewouge where the tryouts are? I thought they were a Nassau program?

They are okay, but this is HS. You have to start thinking about development, commitment and the club (if your son wants) contacts with schools. A lot of factors to consider. The least of which is convenience of where a team practices in my my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love people telling other to stay away while slowly trying to figure a way to get back in. Team down 5+ kids with injuries and other commitments. Could have easily combined Rush kids at any point to fill in the spots and no one would have complained but TZ didn’t want to slight any of his parents.

My son has played for Legacy for the past 6 years. He lost more than he won, but the coaching he had was second to none. At any time, Coach Zummo could have brought in ringers to win tournaments, but he played the kids on the team and got every last drop of effort out of them. Zummo is all class and good to his word. Just my opinion. I wound up at Legacy in a random way and I'm thankful I did.

Tommy is a great coach, I only wish he got involved with what was going on with that team earlier.

He got involved at the right time. A couple of years before the kids entered the most crucial phase, the beginning of the recruitment envelope. Reading posts above about how Express brought in kids from their Jersey outfit to try and win that tournament, that's something TZ would never do. Who cares if you win a tournament if your kid gets pushed aside for a better player from out of state at tournament time? Is that why you practice year round, to get shafted at game time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are okay, but this is HS. You have to start thinking about development, commitment and the club (if your son wants) contacts with schools. A lot of factors to consider. The least of which is convenience of where a team practices in my my opinion.

Some of the 24 coaches have a LOT of college connections. You don't need to be at a top X club to get attention. You need to be a good, coachable player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how the turnouts were at tryouts for Igloo and Regulators? Are those teams really taking Players for their "A" teams or is it just filler for their "B" programs?
Every program will take a new player if they are better than the one they currently have. There is no loyalty and probably shouldn't be at this age. Although look at the rosters Regulators CSH and Igloo Harborfields/Northport, Legacy Islip, etc. Would you get a fair look as a new outsider? Probably not. It's very tough to break into a new program and crack the carpool clique, parents worse than the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire is also a good option if you're out east

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm more impressed when a club is honest and posts "We only need two more poles and a middie for one age group and a lefty attack for the other."
Good luck waiting for an honest club. They will not give up 50 plus kids all paying $100 to tryout. What really burns me is that the current players have to pay to tryout for their own team. I am the dummy though because I keep writing the check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck waiting for an honest club. They will not give up 50 plus kids all paying $100 to tryout. What really burns me is that the current players have to pay to tryout for their own team. I am the dummy though because I keep writing the check.

Same. I was just talking to my husband about this last night. I've been paying thousands for years now. You can't waive the tryout fee for a team my son is going to play for again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is the coaching now? We tried out there a few years ago but weren't impressed and watching them at tournaments they didn't seem very well coached. If that's improved that'd be good to know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is the coaching now? We tried out there a few years ago but weren't impressed and watching them at tournaments they didn't seem very well coached. If that's improved that'd be good to know.

They and 91 seem to mostly play only the mylaxtourneys events and sorta set up the match ups. You want to play vs teams you haven’t played several times.

Page 50 of 53 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard