Watch TDSports Live Stream Today: Kellenberg vs St Dominic Boys' Lacrosse at 4:30pm! Go-to Forums-BOTC Main Forum-HS Games Live Stream | TDSports. Enjoy!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/20/22 10:03 AM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 05/20/22 09:59 AM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/20/22 09:58 AM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/20/22 09:40 AM
Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/20/22 09:34 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,073
Posts335,189
Members2,437
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 56 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 55 56
Re: Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #339919 07/19/21 10:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Key word there is boys. He coaches girls.
On the girls side there is no way that coach is going to call another coach for your daughter. You are dreaming if you buy into his promise.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #339921 07/19/21 10:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sorry if I am late on this can someone explain to me the Under Armour vs American Select situation Friends daughter was basically strong armed into committing to other event

Select had tryouts before under armour and made two teams in Age groups then forced people to pay within two days and the price tag is very high 700 dollars so it probably eliminates people from under armour Pretty sleezy move to make a lot of money

Who is running this

Anonymous #339934 07/19/21 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry if I am late on this can someone explain to me the Under Armour vs American Select situation Friends daughter was basically strong armed into committing to other event

Select had tryouts before under armour and made two teams in Age groups then forced people to pay within two days and the price tag is very high 700 dollars so it probably eliminates people from under armour Pretty sleezy move to make a lot of money
AS is trying to compete with UA because too many are fed up with UA. What they did was not sleezy at all.

Anonymous #339941 07/19/21 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AS is trying to compete with UA because too many are fed up with UA. What they did was not sleezy at all.

Was more surprising more than anything else because I believe the clubs running the new event coaches in UA. AMS Seems legit

Anonymous #339953 07/19/21 12:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except next year they will be on different weekends.
UA still wins

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #339959 07/19/21 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct Spallina girl not girls

Anonymous #339960 07/19/21 12:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS will get his girls on AU

Anonymous #339965 07/19/21 12:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Select had tryouts before under armour and made two teams in Age groups then forced people to pay within two days and the price tag is very high 700 dollars so it probably
eliminates people from under armour Pretty sleezy move to make a lot of money

Was more surprising more than anything else because I believe the clubs running the new event coaches in UA. AMS Seems legit
Agreed

Anonymous #339966 07/19/21 12:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Come recruiting time, the YJ Spallina girls will all be taken care of.

To be fair that is very true I have a few boys that play and both boys teams he has coached and currently coaches hve every player comitted D1 Biggest thing is kids have to play if they are playing a lot where they are smile and stay happy if they aren’t change teams. It’s simple. Don’t get caught in the drama don’t worry about playing with friends and status and find the level they belong at and are going to contribute. One thing I’ve noticed is on the girls side there are so many players on each team Have a great remaining summer

Like his boys teams? Your over stating his success there. I’m sure there are some Crush parents that would say otherwise.
When I saw the boys reference I went and looked for Crush and you are wrong here in a big way . I was responding to the earlier one and saw your post 3 to Duke 2 to Michigan 3 to Syracuse 2 to Navy 1 Hopkins 2 Airforce. 2 Princeton I couldn’t find the other ones but I believe that is pretty good.

Who did the 3 committed to Duke play for before they played for Crush? Wasn’t 91. They were developed by 91. How did they wind up on Crush?[/quoteits

It’s the same thing -they were 91 crush on the same team from the time they were little guys. Team 91 top teams all have different names crush shock warriors bandits Wolfpack. Crush is just the one everyone knows because of all the top recruits. It’s a litttle confusing on boys side but run way better

All 3 played Dune Dawgs. They were brought over to 91.

TheBackOfTheCage #339967 07/19/21 12:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lack of rescheduling this past weekend in MD was a joke. Half of the '25 teams only got 2 games while the other half got 4. Scheduling certainly could've been altered for Sunday providing each team with 3 games total and then one playoff game. Same amount of total games, just more work for the organizers. Organizers are person if they do not provide a 50% refund to the teams that only got two games but were guaranteed 4. Not a credit, a refund directly to those 15 or so teams that incurred travel, lodging and registration expenses but did not get what was stated. Please advise.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #339982 07/19/21 01:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lack of rescheduling this past weekend in MD was a joke. Half of the '25 teams only got 2 games while the other half got 4. Scheduling certainly could've been altered for Sunday providing each team with 3 games total and then one playoff game. Same amount of total games, just more work for the organizers. Organizers are person if they do not provide a 50% refund to the teams that only got two games but were guaranteed 4. Not a credit, a refund directly to those 15 or so teams that incurred travel, lodging and registration expenses but did not get what was stated. Please advise.

LOL, who on BOTC would you like a response from? Problem is, there's that small print at the bottom of all the waivers teams/players/parents all signed that almost definitely says, "no refunds for cancellations due to weather." stinks for sure, but it's not the first time and it won't be the last.

Anonymous #340007 07/19/21 02:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, who on BOTC would you like a response from? Problem is, there's that small print at the bottom of all the waivers teams/players/parents all signed that almost definitely says, "no refunds for cancellations due to weather." stinks for sure, but it's not the first time and it won't be the last.

Few years back lax Fest was cancelled NO Games No Refund

Anonymous #340168 07/20/21 06:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS will get his girls on AU

AU? Did you mean UA?

TheBackOfTheCage #340177 07/20/21 07:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ll say it. The UA tryouts we’re pretty disorganized. Before last years waste of time there were 20 local HS, College coaches/players doing the evaluations. You got a mix of local talent from all towns and clubs. Yesterday we had just the club coaches coaching the command/highlight teams, some local club coaches and JS. At least JS actually watched the games, but several games were played with no evaluators on the sidelines? What did they debate during their assessment period? This was not as bad as the American Select or NY regional tryouts but pretty bad. The only thing these event organizers do well is take our money. Great concepts with big name sponsors just run poorly by the revolving door of club directors putting their own stamp on someone else’s “tryout”.

Should be interesting to see what happens with Rosters because so many girls here already were rostered and paid their $600 for the AS event that happens on the same days.

Anonymous #340182 07/20/21 07:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Few years back lax Fest was cancelled NO Games No Refund

That didn’t end well for that tournament Sons club team never returned to that tournament again

Page 51 of 56 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 55 56

Link Copied to Clipboard