BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 251 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks went 3-1 against Madlax for the season. One game win = domination? It was 1-1 at half and ended 7-2, Madlax dad… not like the 10-3 Hawks lead at half during the HOCO championship when the Hawks emptied their bench for the 2nd half.

Not on Tourney Machine, Madlax took the short road to the Championship - 1/2 game on Sunday AM riding the lead from Saturday’s rained out game. Hawks led on Saturday by 1 goal, but agreed to play a full game against a very good Venom team on Sunday AM before advancing.

Not saying it was smart given they would play Madlax.

Both teams are very good - tip of the hat to both!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d watch my son lose to Madlax 100 times and still never think, “Maybe I’d want my son to play for that coach.”

It has nothing to do with winning or losing a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks went 3-1 against Madlax for the season. One game win = domination? It was 1-1 at half and ended 7-2, Madlax dad… not like the 10-3 Hawks lead at half during the HOCO championship when the Hawks emptied their bench for the 2nd half.

Not on Tourney Machine, Madlax took the short road to the Championship - 1/2 game on Sunday AM riding the lead from Saturday’s rained out game. Hawks led on Saturday by 1 goal, but agreed to play a full game against a very good Venom team on Sunday AM before advancing.

Got it. Excuse Excuse and another Excuse. Try not to be so Hawkward

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This term is spreading

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d watch my son lose to Madlax 100 times and still never think, “Maybe I’d want my son to play for that coach.”

It has nothing to do with winning or losing a game.

Bingo!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is this 91 team on the same level as madhawks? Are they worth the hype? I hope my sons team plays them next season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawkward? The bar for clever at MadLax is low!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is this 91 team on the same level as madhawks? Are they worth the hype? I hope my sons team plays them next season

They are on the same level as the Hawks. Very well coached. Aggressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this guy really saying that because Madlax played 24 minutes on Sunday am in the semis, and the Hawks played 40 minutes, both with an hour between those games and the Final, that Madlax had some sort of advantage?

I don’t recall any Madlax excuses when they got smoked in the HoCo Finals, other than FO issues. Certainly no excuses outside of their own play, or lack thereof.

Looking forward to more of these games. And as the West Coast starts fielding teams, even more great games— watched some 27 games, they are catching up to the East teams. Texas Mustangs, WCS, CO Kings all compete at the highest level the East can offer. They’ll be coming in 28’s this next year, which is great for the Hawks and Madlax. Iron sharpens iron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks, this is about as good as it gets for an age group. Take a minute...
Madlax beat Hawks (x1) and Next Level (x3?). Hawks Beat Madlax (x3) Next Level (x3). Next Level beat Madlax in July and Hawks in the fall. Those are just three programs with a ton of talent and play the game at a high level for being so young. FCA, True Annapolis, Crabs and Blue Claws to name a few also had a some games so the future of 2028 is very bright in the area. This summer was a blast for my son and he actually made friends on other programs (gasp). With any luck, these kids will likely be on the same team in the future or keep playing against each other at the next level. The kids are doing MUCH better with sportsmanship than the parents it would appear so lets follow their example. NY/CT teams/parents were also a pleasant surprise after a few odd interactions at the older age groups. I will give some major kudos to out of town teams from Colorado and California who as a previous poster mentioned will catch up to east in no time. Hoco fall will be fun but many kids play football or soccer so the league will be diluted. Slate gets cleaned after tryouts and everyone will enter the fall at 0-0. Hopefully we get one last MD bored day ranking before tryouts!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this guy really saying that because Madlax played 24 minutes on Sunday am in the semis, and the Hawks played 40 minutes, both with an hour between those games and the Final, that Madlax had some sort of advantage?

I don’t recall any Madlax excuses when they got smoked in the HoCo Finals, other than FO issues. Certainly no excuses outside of their own play, or lack thereof.

Looking forward to more of these games. And as the West Coast starts fielding teams, even more great games— watched some 27 games, they are catching up to the East teams. Texas Mustangs, WCS, CO Kings all compete at the highest level the East can offer. They’ll be coming in 28’s this next year, which is great for the Hawks and Madlax. Iron sharpens iron.

No more excuses. Congrats to Madlax. Won a HUGE tourney. These next couple years will be great. Nice to be at the top of the heap now instead of trying to get into the conversation. Agreed on the western teams, only makes us better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone attend FCA tryouts tonight? Numbers? Any surprises?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI here, my son also made friends with kids from opposing teams. Hope they all stay in touch through the years and maybe play on same college team someday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Hawks 2027 goalie dropping down to 2028 or leaving?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To go where? He’s a shore boy, so anything past Annapolis is a hike. 28s already have a monster goalie, but could always use 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To go where? He’s a shore boy, so anything past Annapolis is a hike. 28s already have a monster goalie, but could always use 2.

Sounds like the 28 goalie dad is a little worried his little monster is only playing in blowouts this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like the 28 goalie dad is a little worried his little monster is only playing in blowouts this year.

I think most people who know would agree the current 28 goalie would be the starter. He’s not my kid, but he’s that good. No disrespect to the 27 goalie, he’s also very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have zero idea what you’re talking about.

Please stop talking about these kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI here, my son also made friends with kids from opposing teams. Hope they all stay in touch through the years and maybe play on same college team someday.

As much as I detest social media it makes that possible. Now get off my lawn!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was there. Maybe 65-75 kids. Kind of hard to tell much since there were so many. Seemed like they broke the kids up into A and B type groups by the time the scrimmage happened.

Seems like coach Kelly is a big draw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm, it's a 2028 boys thread. What, exactly, are we supposed to discuss?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was there. Maybe 65-75 kids. Kind of hard to tell much since there were so many. Seemed like they broke the kids up into A and B type groups by the time the scrimmage happened.

I counted and got to 80 and stopped. A ton of kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm, it's a 2028 boys thread. What, exactly, are we supposed to discuss?

How about how sad and inadequate you are as a man and 2028 boys dad? That will keep you occupied between beers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any new Helmets??

Last edited by BOTC_EVENTS; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like coach Kelly is a big draw.[/quote]

I counted and got to 80 and stopped. A ton of kids.[/quote]

Any new Helmets??[/quote]

Hard to see from the stands, 2 crabs at least. They are the only ones that stick out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any new Helmets??[/quote]

5/6 Hawks kids were there which was interesting. Couple crabs helmets including a goalie. A bunch of local rec helmets.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any new Helmets??

5/6 Hawks kids were there which was interesting. Couple crabs helmets including a goalie. A bunch of local rec helmets.[/quote]

Not that surprised on the big turnout, FCA has two teams already and did a solid job of getting HoCo pink/black to join. Hawks 2028 also has two teams so a few players taking a look makes sense since some hawks b team are looking to jump to elite and not confident about making hawks a. I’m not sure how hands on Kelly will be for 6th graders, Calvert Hall is a great program and takes a ton of time to manage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another great night at FCA tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did they do? Scrimmage with 40 kids on the sidelines waiting to show their skill set. They judge helmets not skill/speed. The white team will get worked in AAA this year and the Blue team needs to do some push ups if they want to compete with the big boys. Hopefully the coaches don’t get into a fist fight this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did they do? Scrimmage with 40 kids on the sidelines waiting to show their skill set. They judge helmets not skill/speed. The white team will get worked in AAA this year and the Blue team needs to do some push ups if they want to compete with the big boys. Hopefully the coaches don’t get into a fist fight this year.

Ooooooooo your kids getting cut

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on Fall HoCo, who is playing from 2028? Fun format, only 3 weekends with double headers each time.

Hawks? Madlax? FCA? NL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any new Helmets??

5/6 Hawks kids were there which was interesting. Couple crabs helmets including a goalie. A bunch of local rec helmets.

Not that surprised on the big turnout, FCA has two teams already and did a solid job of getting HoCo pink/black to join. Hawks 2028 also has two teams so a few players taking a look makes sense since some hawks b team are looking to jump to elite and not confident about making hawks a. I’m not sure how hands on Kelly will be for 6th graders, Calvert Hall is a great program and takes a ton of time to manage.

There were 3 Hawk starters on the first day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the guy who asked how many even man goals Madlax scored— answer is 6 of the 7 were at even strength. It was 6 on 6 domination. Someone used the expression a while back, “sometimes you’re the bug, other times you’re the windshield.” The Hawks have been getting it done all year, today they ran into a bunch of determined Madlax kids.

Madlax never made excuses for the prior 3 losses, other than losing about 90% of the face offs (kudos to the Hawks FO, he’s legit). Whining about the refs this one is utterly pathetic.

Huge respect for the Hawks kids. Incredible team that will only get better, and very well coached. The dude whining about refs— Makita power hammerhead.

Same toxic parent trying to throw FOGOs under the bus and complaining about others. Sad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the guy who asked how many even man goals Madlax scored— answer is 6 of the 7 were at even strength. It was 6 on 6 domination. Someone used the expression a while back, “sometimes you’re the bug, other times you’re the windshield.” The Hawks have been getting it done all year, today they ran into a bunch of determined Madlax kids.

Madlax never made excuses for the prior 3 losses, other than losing about 90% of the face offs (kudos to the Hawks FO, he’s legit). Whining about the refs this one is utterly pathetic.

Huge respect for the Hawks kids. Incredible team that will only get better, and very well coached. The dude whining about refs— Makita power hammerhead.

Same toxic parent trying to throw FOGOs under the bus and complaining about others. Sad!

Some serious weird agenda there. Hawks face off kid from earlier in the year barely played NLF, he just came back from a broken arm. Faceoffs were pretty even in the NLF game and weren’t a deciding factor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are Madlax tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions on who will be in HoCo Elite next spring?

Given the debacle last year it could be interesting again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I imagine the same teams plus maybe blue claws less maybe BLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, if you complain about goaltending or face offs you are basically blaming one kid for losing the game. Not very classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agreed, same 7 and think BLC will stay. True KP and Blue Claws should come up. True KP won AAA and Blue Claws had the best regular season so one or the other will make the move (or both if BLC goes to AAA). Magic number is 8 so all teams can play each other. VERY early and could have blow ups like last year but a new program showing up and playing elite is unlikely unless they run the table in high level fall tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agreed, same 7 and think BLC will stay. True KP and Blue Claws should come up. True KP won AAA and Blue Claws had the best regular season so one or the other will make the move (or both if BLC goes to AAA). Magic number is 8 so all teams can play each other. VERY early and could have blow ups like last year but a new program showing up and playing elite is unlikely unless they run the table in high level fall tournaments.

I’d imagine Blue Claws and KP would start to lose kids now that middle school has started. Parents will want a panache club magnet on the back of the Volvo now that middle school has started.

Hope they can stay together though. Variety is better for the sport.

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 251 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard