BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 87 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MnD back to being MnD, telling girls they made a or b mid tournament. Yikes!

Well tryouts were this week. You expect them to not offer spots for 4-5 days? Trust me the girls that tried out would prefer to not be sitting around waiting that long. And they weren't offered spots mid tournament. Emails went out before the tournament started.
Not sure what emails you are talking about. The girls on the black 26 team were told today at the tournament
what team they were being placed on. Each girl one by one was called over and told either black or red. So no email all done face to face. Great day for some, sad day for others.
WHY would that be done during a tournament? That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!

Invites were sent out to girls from other teams. Players and parents were asked to keep it quiet until after the weekend. Parents failed to do so and word got out that invites had gone out. What else were they supposed to do? No playoffs now anyway. Part of club lacrosse. Everyone knew there were major changes coming to M&D 2026. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
Says the dad who heard from SR and who’s daughter told the team over social media

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way parents were going to keep quiet anyway. Pipe dream.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That parent should suffer consequences. I have no dog in fight. Live in a different area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well it doesn’t matter now. Summer is over. New team moving forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well tryouts were this week. You expect them to not offer spots for 4-5 days? Trust me the girls that tried out would prefer to not be sitting around waiting that long. And they weren't offered spots mid tournament. Emails went out before the tournament started.
Not sure what emails you are talking about. The girls on the black 26 team were told today at the tournament
what team they were being placed on. Each girl one by one was called over and told either black or red. So no email all done face to face. Great day for some, sad day for others.
WHY would that be done during a tournament? That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!

And to do it behind the bleachers between games? Amazing!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And to do it behind the bleachers between games? Amazing!
Pathetic…& I would question wether this is a team I would want my daughter playing on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s always ok when it happens to somebody else, wait till your daughter is the one going to the B team behind the bleachers.

I have no skin in the game, just find in fascinating how people don’t see how easily it can turn on them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TE will not know how to coach when he isn’t running all plays through #6!
Truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s always ok when it happens to somebody else, wait till your daughter is the one going to the B team behind the bleachers.

I have no skin in the game, just find in fascinating how people don’t see how easily it can turn on them!
Was standing at the Pride tent and saw the girls going in and out one by one. My heart hurt for the girls who were moved down. Some were crying and others you could tell by their shock of disbelief. Unreal how shallow Robinson and his staff coaches really are. Doing it privacy is one thing but when you have the Heros parents and players hovering over the team and your own teammates…. A better place or time could have facilitated. To the girls who got cut from both teams and to the girls who got moved down… you will do great things in life, this is a life lesson and don’t let any of this derail your confidence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was standing at the Pride tent and saw the girls going in and out one by one. My heart hurt for the girls who were moved down. Some were crying and others you could tell by their shock of disbelief. Unreal how shallow Robinson and his staff coaches really are. Doing it privacy is one thing but when you have the Heros parents and players hovering over the team and your own teammates…. A better place or time could have facilitated. To the girls who got cut from both teams and to the girls who got moved down… you will do great things in life, this is a life lesson and don’t let any of this derail your confidence.

i have no skin in this either....but that is just terrible. life lesson? idk about that

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is all about winning. Don't fool yourself, its not about player development. It happens on every team not just M & D, Heros, YJ, and others. Parents will complain to the directors until changes are made. The girls are left in the wake. All these girls are working the butts off and playing to the best of their ability. I guess this is a life lesson but to have this done to 13 year old girls is terrible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As an outsider (DMV parent), this is definitely not a good look for M&D. The Heros green/white saga also doesn't bode well but it's disappointing to see all of this in what we here in the DMV area consider the "gold" standard of clubs. Obviously the truth isn't all told on a message board here but it definitely doesn't put anything in a good light. I hope they see their mistakes and learn from this to fix how situations like this are handled in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Downright horrible the way the 2026 M&D coaches handled informing the girls. All time low on the depth chart. Despicable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Downright horrible the way the 2026 M&D coaches handled informing the girls. All time low on the depth chart. Despicable.

Totally agree! Disgraceful to do that to girls that age. Or, to any age for that matter! Much better ways that could have been handled. Classless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree! Disgraceful to do that to girls that age. Or, to any age for that matter! Much better ways that could have been handled. Classless
The coach of the year at St Paul’s, her side kick assistant coach and Robinson lurking in the back ground. Started pouring down rain and moved the girls to underneath the bleachers. None of the coaches seemed to back an eye as long as they had it done by the end of Saturday they were just checking off the boxes. Talk about having no heart or souls. Watched the entire thing happen. My heart was heavy for those girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I am reading this right it sounds like the coaches took the time to communicate with the girls in person. If that is accurate, I think that is a good thing. The old school way of posting a list and not communicating with the players is what is gutless. It makes you wonder if the parents complaining about this are the same ones that went on here complaining about their former coach. There is no easy way to tell an athlete they didn't make a team. Watch HBO"s Hard Knocks when an NFL coach has to tell a player they didn't make a team. The coaches say it is the most difficult thing they have to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Horrible...then you have the SW Coach camped out at the HW tent recruiting girls during yesterday's tournament...what next?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are teachers in their day jobs, really shameful, would never want one of these clowns around my kids.

For all of the M&D parents who had an issue with “the nice guy” coach, how do you feel now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Horrible...then you have the SW Coach camped out at the HW tent recruiting girls during yesterday's tournament...what next?

HW, Heros White? Can blame him/her? It’s a free for all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coach of the year at St Paul’s, her side kick assistant coach and Robinson lurking in the back ground. Started pouring down rain and moved the girls to underneath the bleachers. None of the coaches seemed to back an eye as long as they had it done by the end of Saturday they were just checking off the boxes. Talk about having no heart or souls. Watched the entire thing happen. My heart was heavy for those girls.

The power trip of the “side kick assistant” as you put it is amazing. Every girl on the team, black,red or cut has done more in their lacrosse career than she has.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I am reading this right it sounds like the coaches took the time to communicate with the girls in person. If that is accurate, I think that is a good thing. The old school way of posting a list and not communicating with the players is what is gutless. It makes you wonder if the parents complaining about this are the same ones that went on here complaining about their former coach. There is no easy way to tell an athlete they didn't make a team. Watch HBO"s Hard Knocks when an NFL coach has to tell a player they didn't make a team. The coaches say it is the most difficult thing they have to do.

It’s was basically in public!

Are you comparing professional NFL players with 13 year old girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% this. The issue was that word had gotten out because parents couldn't keep things quiet until after the weekend. Since word was spreading the coaches and SR decided they owed the girls in person communication on why things worked out the way they did. It's pretty surprising that you think a better solution would just be to post the new roster on the M&D website today. Yes girls were upset. But at least they were told why it happened and received feedback from the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is all about winning. Don't fool yourself, its not about player development. It happens on every team not just M & D, Heros, YJ, and others. Parents will complain to the directors until changes are made. The girls are left in the wake. All these girls are working the butts off and playing to the best of their ability. I guess this is a life lesson but to have this done to 13 year old girls is terrible.

This is a false narrative. Not all the girls work their butts off. Many parents think their kids are working hard until they realize the work that other kids are putting in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As an outsider (DMV parent), this is definitely not a good look for M&D. The Heros green/white saga also doesn't bode well but it's disappointing to see all of this in what we here in the DMV area consider the "gold" standard of clubs. Obviously the truth isn't all told on a message board here but it definitely doesn't put anything in a good light. I hope they see their mistakes and learn from this to fix how situations like this are handled in the future.

Would a better decision have been to just ignore the situation all weekend while gossip spread around the team about who made it and who didn't? I don't think so. The coaches and SR did the responsible thing and talked to the girls one on one. Now whether or not tryouts should have been before the last tournament is another question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last time I checked this was a still a game. No wonder so many girls quit and end up detesting the sport by the end of high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has he coached any team that hasn’t had his daughter on?

Of course not! I can't believe so many on this forum think he is so great. I watched the 22 team play this weekend. They weren't good. Went 1-0-2. Barely beat PA Express, tied LI Liberty at the last minute and tied BBL Elite. All plays still seem to be going through his daughter even though there were better options available some times. 6 is still very predictable and you could see how defenders have caught on. I'm sure many of those families are happy to be finished with club lacrosse and all of his garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% this. The issue was that word had gotten out because parents couldn't keep things quiet until after the weekend. Since word was spreading the coaches and SR decided they owed the girls in person communication on why things worked out the way they did. It's pretty surprising that you think a better solution would just be to post the new roster on the M&D website today. Yes girls were upset. But at least they were told why it happened and received feedback from the coaches.

Why would a parent know anyone other than their own kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are teachers in their day jobs, really shameful, would never want one of these clowns around my kids.

For all of the M&D parents who had an issue with “the nice guy” coach, how do you feel now?

I am sure they are fine. I have heard many stories that supported the overdue coaching change. And some parents were already saying that if their daughters did not make black this summer, it was mostly because of him. Those girls were never tested at tryouts before this year since not many top tier players wanted to play for him (or he rejected players, like the one that wanted to be the full time goalie). If you are implying that they wish he had stayed as coach so their daughters could stay on black but continue to ride that roller coaster and not develop as a player, then you are delusional.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would a better decision have been to just ignore the situation all weekend while gossip spread around the team about who made it and who didn't? I don't think so. The coaches and SR did the responsible thing and talked to the girls one on one. Now whether or not tryouts should have been before the last tournament is another question.

Your last sentence is the core issue. It is alway a race between the clubs to hold tryouts first. Having tryouts before the last tournament (or Heros telling girls on White that they are getting moved up to Green) is ridiculous. Even if the girls do not find out the results until the tournament is over, they are still a wreck from the week of tryouts. M&D broke them up into A and B groups at tryouts! And did the black team even practice before their last tournament together? I heard offers were made to girls from outside clubs before the weekend, and is that fair to the current players?

As others have stated, a face-to-face conversation with the player sounds better to me as opposed to a posting on a website and even a phone call to the parent. But to do it in public like that is rough. It sounds like they could have moved to a better area. It looks like that team still did well on Sunday. Only two games though...

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you don’t relize that girls are all committed and done they want to go to the beach !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you don’t relize that girls are all committed and done they want to go to the beach !!!

That attitude won't serve them well on their college team. Plus most 2022 teams are done with recruiting for the girls who want to continue to play in college.The competition still put in the effort to win. When you play as a team and for your teammates, it doesn't matter if you are heading to the beach after the tournament. You play hard for your team and you win. I think this shows the real core problem of that team. They have been slipping the past couple of years. Everyone plays for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% this. The issue was that word had gotten out because parents couldn't keep things quiet until after the weekend. Since word was spreading the coaches and SR decided they owed the girls in person communication on why things worked out the way they did. It's pretty surprising that you think a better solution would just be to post the new roster on the M&D website today. Yes girls were upset. But at least they were told why it happened and received feedback from the coaches.[/quote]

M&D should NEVER have held tryouts before the season is over. This is the root cause of all these issues. Their tryouts used to be in August - then right after midatlantic - now before Midatlantic. It’s despicable

They’re so worried about snagging players and getting new red teams that they’ve created this fiasco of heartbreak and embarrassment for kids going from 10th grade down to 4th grade

It’s Despicable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D should NEVER have held tryouts before the season is over. This is the root cause of all these issues. Their tryouts used to be in August - then right after midatlantic - now before Midatlantic. It’s despicable

They’re so worried about snagging players and getting new red teams that they’ve created this fiasco of heartbreak and embarrassment for kids going from 10th grade down to 4th grade

It’s Despicable[/quote]

So you'd have been ok with half the team being cut by seeing they weren't listed when the roster was posted or by their parents getting a phone call? Boys club teams do the same. Crabs had tryouts last week before they went to UMass for National Championships. It is what it is. If you haven't realized how cut throat club lacrosse is yet I guess you found out this week. Heros offered spots on green weeks ago. Was that despicable as well? You really think SW hasn't already offered spots to girls? Welcome to high level club lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So looks like 2 HG and 2 HW on the M&D Black roster? And 1 HG and 7 HW on M&D Red roster? Ouch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has he coached any team that hasn’t had his daughter on?

Of course not! I can't believe so many on this forum think he is so great. I watched the 22 team play this weekend. They weren't good. Went 1-0-2. Barely beat PA Express, tied LI Liberty at the last minute and tied BBL Elite. All plays still seem to be going through his daughter even though there were better options available some times. 6 is still very predictable and you could see how defenders have caught on. I'm sure many of those families are happy to be finished with club lacrosse and all of his garbage.
Spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both points are incorrect. The 22 black team is not all committed. There were also players on the team who wanted to be there to play in their last tournament together. It was very clear in the first game a couple of players had no desire to be there and it ruined the rest of the day for the players who did, and for the players who still had coaches watching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three on Green, Two on Black, Three on Pride, and a few on SW.
And still the only team to beat Aces, YJ, and Green on the same day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the 2026 thread NOT the 2022 thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three on Green, Two on Black, Three on Pride, and a few on SW.
And still the only team to beat Aces, YJ, and Green on the same day.

Amazing what a great goalie can do
Makes anyone look good

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 87 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard