BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 251 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax got a ridiculously easy schedule, they at least should have played Thunder and not both surge and s2s. Booooooooo

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who had a tougher draw than Madlax?? All three pools have 1 Elite team, then a bunch of middle dwellers. I’d say the Laxachussetts draw is the toughest early round game that any of the Big 3 will face. Maybe 91’s Express North draw is tougher, but Madlax beat them 9-2 in their only matchup—

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do we know about the teams in the pinnacle tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pinnacle event in Boyd’s will come down to Mad Dog West, BBL, and 3D NE assuming that’s the New England team that just won Prime Time.

Mad Dog West takes it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
legacy got a cake schedule

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What do we know about the teams in the pinnacle tournament?

Who cares. The NLF National championship is this weekend. Where the best of the best will be!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ref allowed NL to call timeout as their player was running out of bounds after winning the (yet another) face off, still in the box. With about a minute left in the game, tied 7-7. He was right, refs blew it and he called the guy out. A flag was completely unnecessary... didn’t throw a tantrum.

Did not change the outcome, as NL didn’t score on the man up. But to portray this as an egregious “unsportsmanlike” is absurd and misinformed.

Stop with the toxic parenting. Don't blame the FOGOs. Faceoffs were pretty even. And don't excuse poor behavior. It's not egregious to characterize an "unsportsmanlike conduct penalty" as "unsportsmanlike." The refs weren't great, but they were right there. You were not. Did you see any other coaches take penalties all tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok NL dad who stormed the field of his 11 year old’s lacrosse game. Says it all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like this Madlax/NL game was must see. Sad we all missed it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok NL dad who stormed the field of his 11 year old’s lacrosse game. Says it all.

Haha someone is still upset I see...Mitchell was carried off the field on the shoulders of 4 NL dads!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha someone is still upset I see...Mitchell was carried off the field on the shoulders of 4 NL dads!

You won the Super Bowl!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's more pathetic? Joyfully celebrating an 11-year old team's win or berating a bunch of 11-year olds for losing? I'll go with positive Next Level folks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's more pathetic? Joyfully celebrating an 11-year old team's win or berating a bunch of 11-year olds for losing? I'll go with positive Next Level folks.

Ever notice how it’s always MadLax trying to excuse bad behavior?

You never hear about an issue with FCA and Crabs or Hawks and next level. It’s always MadLax. That tells you a lot.

Toxic coach, toxic culture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not on either team but a number of the NL parents are absolutely toxic. I find them worse than any ML parent hands down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like a schedule change for Madlax in nlf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha. Pretty pathetic.

But this win does put to rest that rumors that the NL team is on the downslope and all the good players will leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was nothing pathetic about the end of the Madlax/Next Level game. I bet you weren't even there. It was a hard fought battle with a lot of emotion on both sides of the field - parents and players. It was exciting and NL came out on top in a very exciting finish. The ML coach got a flag for coming out of the coaching box to protest what he thought was a bad call. That happens all the time and doesn't mean anyone is unhinged. Parents and players from both teams left the field with zero animosity. It was what youth sports should be all about with zero drama. Anyone saying otherwise is just looking to troll one of the teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ML coach got a flag for coming out of the coaching box to protest what he thought was a bad call. That happens all the time and doesn't mean anyone is unhinged.

umm... this DOES NOT happen all the time and to be frank should not happen at all in a youth sports game at all- we are talking about kids folks...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you been to many youth lacrosse games? Coaches contest calls all the time. If this offends you so much, try soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not on either team but a number of the NL parents are absolutely toxic. I find them worse than any ML parent hands down.

Not true in my experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was nothing pathetic about the end of the Madlax/Next Level game. I bet you weren't even there. It was a hard fought battle with a lot of emotion on both sides of the field - parents and players. It was exciting and NL came out on top in a very exciting finish. The ML coach got a flag for coming out of the coaching box to protest what he thought was a bad call. That happens all the time and doesn't mean anyone is unhinged. Parents and players from both teams left the field with zero animosity. It was what youth sports should be all about with zero drama. Anyone saying otherwise is just looking to troll one of the teams.

Doesn’t it get tiring making excuses for him?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ML coach got a flag for coming out of the coaching box to protest what he thought was a bad call. That happens all the time and doesn't mean anyone is unhinged.

umm... this DOES NOT happen all the time and to be frank should not happen at all in a youth sports game at all- we are talking about kids folks...

We are talking about kids, but we’re also talking about Cabel Maddox so the bar is much lower!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you been to many youth lacrosse games? Coaches contest calls all the time. If this offends you so much, try soccer.

They do, but usually they don’t get unsportsmanlike calls.

I know, I know… hard to image but it’s true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And again— the coach who got the “unsportsmanlike” penalty with a minute to play was CORRECT, the ref was not. The NL face off player had won the face off, was being run off towards the NL bench and the NL coach called timeout before he was pushed out— he was NOT in the offensive zone, not even close. The rules are the rules, clearly the ref didn’t know them. Can say a lot about Cabell, one thing you can’t say is he doesn’t know the rules. He was 100% right and it was a very important time in the game (1 minute left, score tied). All he said (loudly) was “we are playing NCAA rules.”

So no, I’m not incorrect. It was a horrible penalty, and it should never have happened. Instead of playing man down the last minute, Madlax should have had the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea if FCA Blue is breaking up? I know they had some coaching issues with both teams. If so, where are they going?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And again— the coach who got the “unsportsmanlike” penalty with a minute to play was CORRECT, the ref was not. The NL face off player had won the face off, was being run off towards the NL bench and the NL coach called timeout before he was pushed out— he was NOT in the offensive zone, not even close. The rules are the rules, clearly the ref didn’t know them. Can say a lot about Cabell, one thing you can’t say is he doesn’t know the rules. He was 100% right and it was a very important time in the game (1 minute left, score tied). All he said (loudly) was “we are playing NCAA rules.”

So no, I’m not incorrect. It was a horrible penalty, and it should never have happened. Instead of playing man down the last minute, Madlax should have had the ball.

ML lost. Time to move on to the next Cabell incident.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to the Annapolis Hawks and Madlax this weekend! Bring that National Championship back to MD!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ML lost. Time to move on to the next Cabell incident.

But he was correct about a call, so his behavior is excused I guess. Amazing contortions you guys go through!

Nicely done NL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to the Annapolis Hawks and Madlax this weekend! Bring that National Championship back to MD!

Best of luck to both teams. Hoping for an All-Maryland final!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL parent here. Concur with those who reported Sunday’s championship game in Hershey was hard fought and a thriller to the finish. Would have been rough to be on the losing end of that one. Two skilled, well-coached teams playing excellent lacrosse for this age group. These two 2028 squads will likely go back and forth for years to come.

I will also say that, for such an intense game, both parent groups were respectable in their behavior. And this board’s dumping on the MadLax head coach, while very fair/deserved for the vast majority of my previous in-game observations of him, is unwarranted as to this game and as to the particular unsportsmanlike call. He was neither unhinged nor abusive during this game. In all honestly, I was relieved that NL didn’t win the game on the EMO from the coach’s penalty. Would have taken the W and tourney championship, of course, but some would surely have assigned an asterisk to it.

Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend @ NLF. Only wish the NL boys were there, too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a ML fan, but if the ML coach had called a time out in this situation; you all would be calling him unethical. What a double standard.

I blame the NL coach more than the ref. I assume things were happening so fast he had no idea what had happened. He called the timeout because the coach requested it. It is on the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL parent here. Some of these posts are definitely just trying to stir the pot. Parents from other teams were watching the final game at Hershey and my guess is some of them are commenting. Madlax & NL tents were next to each other and the two teams -- players and families -- get along well. There was good sportsmanship before and after the game. Madlax kids are super talented and the parents are very nice. They are well coached and always come to play. We wish them the best at NLF!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax got a ridiculously easy schedule, they at least should have played Thunder and not both surge and s2s. Booooooooo

I guess surge backed out. Good decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL parent here. Some of these posts are definitely just trying to stir the pot. Parents from other teams were watching the final game at Hershey and my guess is some of them are commenting. Madlax & NL tents were next to each other and the two teams -- players and families -- get along well. There was good sportsmanship before and after the game. Madlax kids are super talented and the parents are very nice. They are well coached and always come to play. We wish them the best at NLF!

Thanks MadLax mom!.

Nobody is stirring the pot, we just all see the reality and notice how you leave out sportsmanship during the game.

No excuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Mom ! Tell Coach C you did well !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like Express is a shoe in for the 4th position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fields at NLF are very bad. They’ve gotten a bunch of heavy weather

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have played the same teams as the Hawks and have beaten both worse. Who knows, maybe the Hawks are the 4th team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UH…yeah it does!!. Coaches come out of the box ALL the time. Just depends on what ref you get when it comes to getting a flag for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have played the same teams as the Hawks and have beaten both worse. Who knows, maybe the Hawks are the 4th team?

Maybe. We’ll know after today. Games are played on the field, not these message boards.

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 251 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard