BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 205 of 264 1 2 203 204 205 206 207 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Where was it said that the Pace kid was a top 10 recruit? Mid majors is what was claimed, never top 10[/quote

Read it again, the kid was being looked at by Top 10 programs but they wanted a PG year. If the kid is being looked at by Duke, UNC, Maryland and ND then Albany, Binghamton and Stony Brook would be desperate to get him without the PG year. The Pace dad made the claim. Also wrote that Pace has a better business program than Binghamton and Stony Brook and that they are 110. Lots of misstated facts in the story. Either the kid is an awesome lacrosse player or he’s pretty good. But to go from potentially Norte Dame to Pace is just crazy.

Pace dad is a special type of person. We are still trying to figure out if he is just a liar trying to make himself feel better because his kid ended up at an average to below average academic and lacrosse school or he is not in reality and really thinks Pace is a top academic and lacrosse school. Either way it is not good for his son who is getting bad advice from his dad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Where was it said that the Pace kid was a top 10 recruit? Mid majors is what was claimed, never top 10[/quote

Read it again, the kid was being looked at by Top 10 programs but they wanted a PG year. If the kid is being looked at by Duke, UNC, Maryland and ND then Albany, Binghamton and Stony Brook would be desperate to get him without the PG year. The Pace dad made the claim. Also wrote that Pace has a better business program than Binghamton and Stony Brook and that they are 110. Lots of misstated facts in the story. Either the kid is an awesome lacrosse player or he’s pretty good. But to go from potentially Norte Dame to Pace is just crazy.

Pace dad is a special type of person. We are still trying to figure out if he is just a liar trying to make himself feel better because his kid ended up at an average to below average academic and lacrosse school or he is not in reality and really thinks Pace is a top academic and lacrosse school. Either way it is not good for his son who is getting bad advice from his dad.

Just hope Pace son has a good experience, both academically and with lacrosse. I think he’ll regret not doing the PG year and going to Duke, UNC or ND.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just hope Pace son has a good experience, both academically and with lacrosse. I think he’ll regret not doing the PG year and going to Duke, UNC or ND.

I think the Pace guy is a troll stirring the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I completely agree! Y’all fell for it AND are STILL talking about it! 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is real. Not a troll. I will give you this. I think he truly believed that Pace was a top business program and he did read the ranking wrong. His post started very arrogant then he got silent. He learned from these posts that Pace is not a great school and actually below average. That is what turned him to become quiet. This is a good thing. Hope he takes this new found information that Pace is not a top business school and gives his son better advice in the future.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is real. Not a troll. I will give you this. I think he truly believed that Pace was a top business program and he did read the ranking wrong. His post started very arrogant then he got silent. He learned from these posts that Pace is not a great school and actually below average. That is what turned him to become quiet. This is a good thing. Hope he takes this new found information that Pace is not a top business school and gives his son better advice in the future.

The above post(s) is a perfect example of why 'lax parents" are Godforsaken pitiful!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The above post(s) is a perfect example of why 'lax parents" are Godforsaken pitiful!

And yet....here you are, a "lax parent"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ever think that maybe paying for a PG year and then paying for a top school is just not possible without loans? Not sure about you but I’m not advising my kid to take on all that debt just to go to a named school. Plenty of successful people don’t go IVY or name brand schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ever think that maybe paying for a PG year and then paying for a top school is just not possible without loans? Not sure about you but I’m not advising my kid to take on all that debt just to go to a named school. Plenty of successful people don’t go IVY or name brand schools.

Agreed. But to be that good where top 10 schools wants you and go to Pace is questionable. Many other options which are less expensive and better college programs for academics and lacrosse for a kid that good. People know it is not true and he is being called out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. But to be that good where top 10 schools wants you and go to Pace is questionable. Many other options which are less expensive and better college programs for academics and lacrosse for a kid that good. People know it is not true and he is being called out.

I don't think you get it, WHO CARES!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question here regarding a 10th going into 11th grader. The emails we get from schools/coaches, these are just mass-email type things right? Regarding prospect days. Or are they targeting individual kids? Some are addressed to his name, some aren’t. I’m assuming it’s going out to hundreds etc. thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question here regarding a 10th going into 11th grader. The emails we get from schools/coaches, these are just mass-email type things right? Regarding prospect days. Or are they targeting individual kids? Some are addressed to his name, some aren’t. I’m assuming it’s going out to hundreds etc. thanks

Both, I emailed 2 of the schools my kid is looking into. The coach specified the tournament and the particular games my son was seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Question here regarding a 10th going into 11th grader. The emails we get from schools/coaches, these are just mass-email type things right? Regarding prospect days. Or are they targeting individual kids? Some are addressed to his name, some aren’t. I’m assuming it’s going out to hundreds etc. thanks[/q

For the most part, they are mass-emailing. However, if your son has been at showcases that the coach was at, then it could be a target. When they target a kid, they will most often mention where they saw them and give some details to what they liked about him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do. You took the time to respond.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Question here regarding a 10th going into 11th grader. The emails we get from schools/coaches, these are just mass-email type things right? Regarding prospect days. Or are they targeting individual kids? Some are addressed to his name, some aren’t. I’m assuming it’s going out to hundreds etc. thanks[/q

For the most part, they are mass-emailing. However, if your son has been at showcases that the coach was at, then it could be a target. When they target a kid, they will most often mention where they saw them and give some details to what they liked about him.

You can usually tell if it is an actual "Recruiting Letter", they are more personal. I would suggest asking your Club or HS coach to reach out to the coaching staff to see if there is true interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do. You took the time to respond.

You are correct. He cares quite a bit it seems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My older son would get those personal emails saying that he was seen at specific games at specific times and even say what they saw him do that they liked. Unfortunately he happened to miss some of those tournaments they claim to have seen him even though his club team was there. So he was not there and they said they saw him. Generally, many of them are mass emails. If they have the coaches phone number with the cell phone number it usually means that it is a more specific email but still a mass email. Like someone else had said have one of the coaches from your sons team reach out to the coach of the schools he is interested in. College coaches will also contact club and high school coaches on their own before September 1 The funny thing is my son ended up committing to a school that never sent him an invite to a prospect camp and never contacted his coach before September 1. However they did call September 1. So you never know. Don’t give up on a school just because you’re not getting the mass emails and don’t assume you’re on a list just because you were getting those emails.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My older son would get those personal emails saying that he was seen at specific games at specific times and even say what they saw him do that they liked. Unfortunately he happened to miss some of those tournaments they claim to have seen him even though his club team was there. So he was not there and they said they saw him. Generally, many of them are mass emails. If they have the coaches phone number with the cell phone number it usually means that it is a more specific email but still a mass email. Like someone else had said have one of the coaches from your sons team reach out to the coach of the schools he is interested in. College coaches will also contact club and high school coaches on their own before September 1 The funny thing is my son ended up committing to a school that never sent him an invite to a prospect camp and never contacted his coach before September 1. However they did call September 1. So you never know. Don’t give up on a school just because you’re not getting the mass emails and don’t assume you’re on a list just because you were getting those emails.

Thank to all that replied

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NY State Regional Championship is charging $499/player plus cost of hotel which is around another $450. This includes 5 games, some practices, uniform and an Epoch shaft. Is this event really worth close to $1000 before travel, meals etc.? Is the exposure to college coaches that great, especially for a 10th grader? Anyone have experience participating in the past?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NY State Regional Championship is charging $499/player plus cost of hotel which is around another $450. This includes 5 games, some practices, uniform and an Epoch shaft. Is this event really worth close to $1000 before travel, meals etc.? Is the exposure to college coaches that great, especially for a 10th grader? Anyone have experience participating in the past?

historically there have been more coaches at the top 50 and nassau vs suffolk games than the actual tournament upstate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is a 2021. The top 50 game had every d1 coach watching that game. When we went to the championship event in Binghamton we were disappointed on the number of coaches who attended. The good news is the coaches who do attend focus on the Nassau and Suffolk teams and every coach watched the Nassau vs Suffolk games. However it was not close to the number of coaches who attended the top 50 game on Long Island. After the first time we went we never went back to Binghamton even though my son made the team. My son would play in the top 50 game and then decline the invitation to Binghamton. My son was heavily recruited and on college visits we would ask the coaches what events he was seen at. Many said the top 50 game but none said Binghamton. My advice is to see if there is a better showcase. If not you should attend if there are no better options. . We did not attend after the first one because we felt there were better options. Find out which coaches are attending and that should guide you. If there is a good number of coaches at schools that you would be interested and no better option your son should attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s $1000, but I must say it was one of the most fun and memorable experiences I had with my son. Not everything has to be about recruitment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s $1000, but I must say it was one of the most fun and memorable experiences I had with my son. Not everything has to be about recruitment.

If money and time is unlimited it is worth it so long as there is no loss of opportunity from missing another recruiting event held at the same time. Unfortunately some have limited time off work and limited funds available to be spent for several recruiting events. Also even when money is not an issue your time should be spent at the best recruiting events. You can have the same fun there too. If there are better recruiting events go to the better event. If money and time off work is an issue it is fine to skip this one. It is not like Maverik Showtime that if invited you go no matter what. At best it is an average event. The coaches already saw who they wanted to see at the top 50 game and will find those they like at another event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some players went to tryouts (some didn't) just to play in Nassau/ Suffolk game. Now they are scrambling to get players for the regionals upstate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some players went to tryouts (some didn't) just to play in Nassau/ Suffolk game. Now they are scrambling to get players for the regionals upstate.

Same thing every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Zummo putting in for the Massapequa job ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be great if TZ does

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Zummo putting in for the Massapequa job ?

Is Radomski out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is out. 2 state championships in 7 years and they let him go, ridiculous .. Parents of players that didn't play did some railroad job. The Town is soft, too many people that never were successful in sports trying to live through their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is out. 2 state championships in 7 years and they let him go, ridiculous .. Parents of players that didn't play did some railroad job. The Town is soft, too many people that never were successful in sports trying to live through their kids.
Has to be something else going on there. One poor season and he's out? Parents have that much sway in the hiring and firing of personnel?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has to be something else going on there. One poor season and he's out? Parents have that much sway in the hiring and firing of personnel?

Maybe they want someone with lacrosse knowledge and not just a gym teacher

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, some districts parents and believe it or not grandparents have a ridiculous amount of sway on what happens with the sports teams. I do not know what happened in this case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they want someone with lacrosse knowledge and not just a gym teacher

Yeah, he was just a gym teacher! What a misguided statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Ever think that maybe paying for a PG year and then paying for a top school is just not possible without loans? Not sure about you but I’m not advising my kid to take on all that debt just to go to a named school. Plenty of successful people don’t go IVY or name brand schools."

The elite NE PG Schools are so well endowed. $65K published tuition. Financial aid is need based. If you make less than $150k and they want your son, the tuition is on a sliding scale and is also negotiable. 150=25, 125=20, 100=15. That was my conversation and another elite (think '80's drug scandal) school asked for last look to beat rival rate.

Same thing exists at ALL the ivy's. Not scholarships, but need based, based on your earnings. These are FACTS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know where the video of the Bandits vs. Shore 2 Shore OGs brawl at NLF can be found?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Ever think that maybe paying for a PG year and then paying for a top school is just not possible without loans? Not sure about you but I’m not advising my kid to take on all that debt just to go to a named school. Plenty of successful people don’t go IVY or name brand schools."

The elite NE PG Schools are so well endowed. $65K published tuition. Financial aid is need based. If you make less than $150k and they want your son, the tuition is on a sliding scale and is also negotiable. 150=25, 125=20, 100=15. That was my conversation and another elite (think '80's drug scandal) school asked for last look to beat rival rate.

Same thing exists at ALL the ivy's. Not scholarships, but need based, based on your earnings. These are FACTS.

Information is critical. Make sure that you investigate every opportunity, ask the right questions and get factual accurate answers.

If $$ is a major concern there is a very good chance that both Prep school and the Ivy’s would be very affordable.

Do not shy away or advise you children until you have the facts about actual “net cost”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know where the video of the Bandits vs. Shore 2 Shore OGs brawl at NLF can be found?

No, but I’d love to see that! Bandits being sore losers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If true, way to represent LI, especially after LI Express atrocity at WSYL that gained national attention. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If true, way to represent LI, especially after LI Express atrocity at WSYL that gained national attention. Sad.

Entitled BRATS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Atrocity” ? Really? You should get help.

Like Reply Quote
Page 205 of 264 1 2 203 204 205 206 207 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard