BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 144 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whoever was on the express Orange 2016 last year and was not picked for the Barracudas, then you are now obviously on the "B" team of the Express. Go find yourselves a good A team out there and be happy. You are crazy to give the Express any more of your money.

I'm hoping this team of mercenaries stays together and plays a full slate of tournaments next summer. And then for the last one, I hope they poach some new players and dump some former "Baracuddas". LOL - that would be awesome. This program has no class or loyalty to anyone.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still crying HUH go back to your program and build that great team! stop crying about 13 yr olds playing for a different program. Better yet start your own super program I am sure you are an excellent coach and player. You probably are a D1 caliber player that just didn't play in college cause well... u know. Your kid is the best, or could be the best on the team and politics got in the way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm hoping this team of mercenaries stays together and plays a full slate of tournaments next summer. And then for the last one, I hope they poach some new players and dump some former "Baracuddas". LOL - that would be awesome. This program has no class or loyalty to anyone.

Doesn't sound very fair to the kids. However you fell about this team, the boys are not the issue and shouldn't be dragged into this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know the Express did not put this together? If they did not then that logically means parents did. This kind of manipulation is worse. One parent who has a good lefty middie for example made sure there were not a lot those, this way playing time assured while getting other players to compliment their kid. This whole thing stinks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try out they need a lefty middie. my kid wears roller blades made for turf. he really gets around. When i move to NY (NEVER) I want to meet you idiots posting this crap. Why don't you try this, take your agenda your crying towel, and your toys and go play baseball (with a Tee)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No wonder your sons didn't get the call. What coach in his right mind would want to deal with you whining parents. Are you going to cry to the teacher that didn't give your son an A? the college coach who didn't recruit him? the girl who broke up with him, the employer who fired him? Get the picture. Grow up, move on an teach your children well so they can fend for themselves later in life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the scumbags who run the Express have entered their mercenary team in the NPYLL Fall Fest. I'm sure the parents who paid top dollar to be part of the Express 2016 Orange really appreciate the loyalty of the Express leadership. Those guys really teach high morals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look, Express is Express. They are mostly concerned about there top team in every grade. Blue team as well, when they get into 9th grade and above. They care about the pictures on the web site... Not there to develope your kid. (you need to do that) They want super stars today! If your son isn't one, they'll find another one that is. It is, what it is. You either deal with it, or play on one of the other 20+ travel teams. Trust me, you will not change any minds!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's your deal? Is it that your son wasn't ask to play on the team or do you just object to the concept of an "all-star" team. If it is the loyalty issue, you need a quick dose of reality. Each year kids try out to play for any of the top club teams. If you think that the Express is any different then any of the other top club teams you are sadly mistaken. They all hold tryouts and unfortunately they will all have to make decisions in reference to the weaker 4-5 players on each of their teams. This happens every year and not just in lacrosse. The only way they can continue to compete with the other top teams is to look to improve year to year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No deal.
Do you not understand the concept of a business? Far different than the concept of a an "All Star team" With an all star team you pick your talent and play. With a business, you change the team during the season after people have paid. It's called bait and switch. An under handed business practice as old as dirt. No issues with tryouts, making teams or not making teams.
This is what happens when the lines between sport and for profit business blurr. Express was the only game in town for years. Now there is competition in the market. Express is just going to do whatever they need to do to protect the brand. More so, than other clubs.
Trying to explain to the person that called the Express people "scumbags". They aren't, they're just interested in doing what's best for thier business.
Sometimes people have trouble understanding reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Express already has their "A" team set with the Barracudas, why would any player want to tryout for the Express if they have no shot at making the "A" team ?
Why waste your time if your an exceptional player? The orange team certainly won't be an A caliber team and that's the team you would end up on.
Find another place to play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Express already has their "A" team set with the Barracudas, why would any player want to tryout for the Express if they have no shot at making the "A" team ?
Why waste your time if your an exceptional player? The orange team certainly won't be an A caliber team and that's the team you would end up on.
Find another place to play

I wonder which club leader wrote this stupid statement. People will try anything to dissuade kids from trying out for the Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is alot of complaining going around. It all stems from a kid making an elite lacrosse team. Go to the tryouts and watch. I gaurantee that the top kids will be barracuda players. If this is true why shouldn't they make the team and the others play on orange team. There are parents trying to push there kids onto this team thru the directors. Why should they carry your kid if he can't use his left hand. I have watched 2 of the 3 directors clinics in the last 2 weeks. There is not 1 kid that plays at the level the barracuda kids play at enough said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are plenty of players out there who are better than some of the Barracuda kids. If they try out and are better, why shouldn't they be put on the Barracuda team instead of the Orange team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are plenty of players out there who are better than some of the Barracuda kids. If they try out and are better, why shouldn't they be put on the Barracuda team instead of the Orange team?

I doubt the tryouts will include the Barracuda team. They may add one or two players if they are exceptional but,it's a long shot.

You guys spend way too much time worrying about this team. They are a good team but they are not unbeatable. There is too much competition on the Island from the other clubs. The clubs that lost players will reload and you will soon be talking about another squad at this age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree
if they are better, than why do they have to go on the B team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree
if they are better, than why do they have to go on the B team?

Politics. Sometimes it's who you know.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I doubt the tryouts will include the Barracuda team. They may add one or two players if they are exceptional but,it's a long shot.

You guys spend way too much time worrying about this team. They are a good team but they are not unbeatable. There is too much competition on the Island from the other clubs. The clubs that lost players will reload and you will soon be talking about another squad at this age group.
We certainly agree here at BOTC that way too much time and effort is being dedicated to the Barracuda versus Orange debate. Provided that BOTH teams are able to get into the same showcase events moving forward (which should happen given the strength of the Express brand and the strength of the teams), there is absolutely nothing lost for the boys or this age group.

Now, whether some other clubs are losing top players from their "A" squads to man both the Barracuda and Orange teams in parallel is another subject entirely; one which is driven by both financial and club recognition (competition) issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
spoken like a true shill for the express

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
spoken like a true shill for the express
Take a close look around BOTC - advertisers, tournaments, tryouts. You are not going to find too much "Express" coverage right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express doesn't pay BOTC that why you don't see any news on tryouts for them.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Express doesn't pay BOTC that why you don't see any news on tryouts for them.
Well, OK.

Truth be told, BOTC has never been able to "hook up" with the Express. None the less, all evidence is that the Express run a quality program here on Long Island. BOTC believes that the Express program is trying to bring out the very best in Long Island lacrosse with a strong focus on the boys action.

As for tryout postings, the rules for tryouts have been well published for some time.

Thanks for posting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
160 kids at 2016 tryout today. Quite a few Raider, 91 and fl$ helmets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well well tryouts last night maybe 2 kids shined with the barracuda kids, For all you cridics express got a huge turn out but the talent that was there shows who ever put these kids together knew what he was doing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
patting yourself on the back again eh

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
what's a cridic ? is that like a yute?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well well tryouts last night maybe 2 kids shined with the barracuda kids, For all you cridics express got a huge turn out but the talent that was there shows who ever put these kids together knew what he was doing

Ever notice how there's a direct correlation between idiotic posts and the number of grammatical/spelling mistakes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
160 kids at 2016 tryout today. Quite a few Raider, 91 and fl$ helmets.

That's funny. Raiders are the only team I know of who are not holding tryouts for their 2016 team. I have to assume they already have commitments from the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big turn out? Yes. Funny though, I did not see the cuda kids seperated from the rest. Did I miss something or do you just happen to know entire cuda team? Does the person who put the cuda team together know what they are doing? Yes, that's what happens when you take the best kids from every program and put them together

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of odd that the 'cuda team had to try out. Wonder if that means they aren't satisfied with the team or if several of the kids are not returning. Do the kids on the turtles have to try out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CLASSIC!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No cudas did not have to tryout, nor do the turtles. The "clinics" and tryouts serve as a platform to fill in a spot or 2 for those teams. The rest of the players are then filtered down to the rest of the Express teams. Question though? How is the coaching for the other Express teams? In other words I'm sure there is a pecking order of coaching talent/ability. I can't imagine the cudas getting the mid to lower pecking order of coaching? Where does that leave the rest of Express teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely wrong in your comment about tryouts. Cudas DID tryout, each and everyone was there. Please get your facts correct before posting trash !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lower the team you're on, the worse the coaching and attention. Some teams last year didnt even have a coach in place until a day or two before the second tournament! (Don't get mad Express guys, its just a fact.)
As they get older, it's mostly all about St. Anthonys and some Chaminade kids. If you're not one of them, your kid had better be off the charts. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely wrong in your comment about tryouts. Cudas DID tryout, each and everyone was there. Please get your facts correct before posting trash !!

All the cudas were not there. Unless they decided to move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW! I doubt they actually tried out. Too much money already invested in the team by the parents and the Express to have open try outs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where in post it said cudas weren't there??? It says they did not have to tryout? Fact - cudas is invitation, don't beleive it? Just ask one. How come Express does not have the cuda team picture on its winners photo album this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where in post it said cudas weren't there??? It says they did not have to tryout? Fact - cudas is invitation, don't beleive it? Just ask one. How come Express does not have the cuda team picture on its winners photo album this year?

The Express deserve all the bad press they are getting. Whoever heard of a club kicking its existing A team players to the curb in favor of a bunch of mercenaries? They are really teaching admirable life lessons over there.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 144 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard