Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Holdbacks
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:16 AM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:13 AM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:13 AM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:10 AM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:02 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,154
Posts341,752
Members2,465
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 540 of 643 1 2 538 539 540 541 542 642 643
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #337248 07/06/21 09:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard St Johns HS is looking for a new Varsity coach.

This could turn into good job if they had the right coach in place to compete with the St. Anthony's and other dominant catholic schools. Not saying there even close to that now, but with the right coaches in place that program could turn into a powerhouse.

They need a club connection.
Need to get Zummo over there

That would be a huge huge positive

Who is Zummo?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #337254 07/06/21 09:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard St Johns HS is looking for a new Varsity coach.

This could turn into good job if they had the right coach in place to compete with the St. Anthony's and other dominant catholic schools. Not saying there even close to that now, but with the right coaches in place that program could turn into a powerhouse.

They need a club connection.
Need to get Zummo over there

That would be a huge huge positive

Who is Zummo?

He runs Legacy and is one the most respected lax guys around. In my opinion

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #337278 07/06/21 11:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Zummo?[/quote]

He runs Legacy and is one the most respected lax guys around. In my opinion[/quote]

Thanks Tommy

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #337290 07/06/21 11:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bad job by Newsday on the All Long Island teams. So many great players in lesser named programs overlooked.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #337427 07/06/21 09:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bad job by Newsday on the All Long Island teams. So many great players in lesser named programs overlooked.

Team 2 would probably beat Team 1

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #337488 07/07/21 10:08 AM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
C
Just to clear up the “ignorance “comment. If you have 5 HS seniors committed to play D-1 lacrosse and can’t beat a team with none it speaks volumes about the program. Secondly, if a HS senior is using the “holdback” excuse he is destined for failure at the next level.

This highlights the ignorance that I spoke of. This isn't about competing against holdbacks, it is about competing against 5th and 6th year seniors for spots. Many players were in the talks with D1 programs only to have those slots filled through the over 400 players in the transfer portal, and the returning seniors who lost a spot.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #337496 07/07/21 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 2 would probably beat Team 1
Coach of year always goes to blue chip programs with hundreds of kids to choose, from come on. Macrthur, Carey, Bethpage boys coaches all overlooked Lots of upsets in early playoff rounds with little to no coverage. Some phenomenal girls on small bad teams not even considered. Agreed bad job Newsday.

Like Reply Quote
Colts21 #337500 07/07/21 10:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Colts21
Just to clear up the “ignorance “comment. If you have 5 HS seniors committed to play D-1 lacrosse and can’t beat a team with none it speaks volumes about the program. Secondly, if a HS senior is using the “holdback” excuse he is destined for failure at the next level.

This highlights the ignorance that I spoke of. This isn't about competing against holdbacks, it is about competing against 5th and 6th year seniors for spots. Many players were in the talks with D1 programs only to have those slots filled through the over 400 players in the transfer portal, and the returning seniors who lost a spot.

How does any of this have the remotest association to Carey with 5 D-1 commits losing to GC with none? Please highlight the ignorance.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #337549 07/07/21 01:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does any of this have the remotest association to Carey with 5 D-1 commits losing to GC with none? Please highlight the ignorance.

Because some of those Garden City kids should be D1 commits.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #337554 07/07/21 01:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Zummo?

He runs Legacy and is one the most respected lax guys around. In my opinion[/quote]

Thanks Tommy[/quote]

Lol, wrong. But it’s moot anyway.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #337571 07/07/21 02:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What facts are you basing this on? Because that sounds really ignorant. They should be D-1 commits but are going D-3? Seriously?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #337586 07/07/21 03:42 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
C

What facts are you basing this on? Because that sounds really ignorant. They should be D-1 commits but are going D-3? Seriously?

Yes, it happened to many 2021's this year. Did you pay attention to the recruiting class? I personally know kids who were talking to many mid majors, mine included. This year there were kids who took D2 and D3 offers instead of going to a low level D1.
Are you seriously going to say a kid who made All Long Island wouldn't get D1 offers if it wasn't for COVID? Garden City had 3 kids on All Long Island, 1 of them was first team. I also know for a fact that one of the Carey kids turned down several D1 offers to go to Pace. Get your head out of the turf if you haven't experienced it personally.

Like Reply Quote
Colts21 #337644 07/07/21 06:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, it happened to many 2021's this year. Did you pay attention to the recruiting class? I personally know kids who were talking to many mid majors, mine included. This year there were kids who took D2 and D3 offers instead of going to a low level D1.
Are you seriously going to say a kid who made All Long Island wouldn't get D1 offers if it wasn't for COVID? Garden City had 3 kids on All Long Island, 1 of them was first team. I also know for a fact that one of the Carey kids turned down several D1 offers to go to Pace. Get your head out of the turf if you haven't experienced it personally.

So just your opinion! Great thanks. There’s one of you every year.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #337648 07/07/21 06:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing wrong with D2 or D3, If my kid wasn't getting recruited to a top 25 D1, I would definitely have considered it for my kid. The point is the top 25 D1 are typically a better option, and the best kids get recruited to those programs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #337665 07/07/21 08:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
um bethpage coach u serious?

Like Reply Quote
Page 540 of 643 1 2 538 539 540 541 542 642 643