BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 87 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If stalking SR for the number of top 10 D1 recruits a team has is your behavior now when they are rising 8th graders, you are doomed. Really doomed. Why don’t you worry about your own daughter and what’s best for her, not what’s best for you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"SW is the best club in the area in terms of getting their girls recruited. And I'm the parent of a former M&D player that is going to a high end D1 school."

I simply saw this quote, and the subsequent discussion and was curious as to how accurate it was. I simply did a Google search for Skywalkers lacrosse recruits, and then another search for M&D lacrosse recruits and then posted the results. Below are the links to the Google search.

You don't have to stalk anyone to find this information. Bottom line the results of the search are both Skywalkers and M&D are great clubs in producing college prospects. Kudos to the coaches and players in both organizations.

https://sportsrecruits.com/committed/skywalkers_lacrosse_f
https://sportsrecruits.com/committed/mdlacrossemaryland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"SW is the best club in the area in terms of getting their girls recruited. And I'm the parent of a former M&D player that is going to a high end D1 school."

I simply saw this quote, and the subsequent discussion and was curious as to how accurate it was. I simply did a Google search for Skywalkers lacrosse recruits, and then another search for M&D lacrosse recruits and then posted the results. Below are the links to the Google search.

You don't have to stalk anyone to find this information. Bottom line the results of the search are both Skywalkers and M&D are great clubs in producing college prospects. Kudos to the coaches and players in both organizations.

https://sportsrecruits.com/committed/skywalkers_lacrosse_f
https://sportsrecruits.com/committed/mdlacrossemaryland

Of course there are years where the statement doesn't hold true. But overall SW has definitely done a little better. As I said they're close, 1 and 1a. SW is the original club team around here and have outstanding contacts. M&D has always had a connection with MD. College coaches love how SW girls play. They are very aggressive and ready for the physicality of the college game. Like I said, my daughter played for M&D and did fine. But I don't think there's a huge argument on this from most. Now I would have never let my daughter play for MM so I'm not advocating for that either, just making a comment on recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to Sports Recruits here is a recruiting comparison between Skywalkers and M&D for the current 2022 recruiting class.

Players going to schools ranked in the top 5 on IWLCA' s final poll:
M&D 22 has 3 players going to top 5 schools (Two BC, and one UNC)
Skywalkers 22 has zero players going to top five schools

Players going to schools ranked in the top 10 in IWLCA's final poll:
M&D has 8 players going to top 10 ranked schools (1 Duke, 1 Florida, 3 UMD, 2 BC, 1 UNC)
Skywalkers has 3 players going to top 10 ranked schools: (2 Notre Dame, 1 Duke)

Players going to Top 25 schools in IWLCA final poll:
M&D has 14 girls going to top 25 schools
Skywalkers has 11 girls going to top 25 schools

Total recruits committed in the 2022 class:
M&D has 29 girls currently committed
Skywalkers has 22 girls currently committed
Here’s a thought…great, commit to a top school but who says those girls will ever see the field. Some of those girls have been told out right that they won’t play. So what matters more-saying you are going to the top 10 school or playing, if they really love the sport, they want to be on the field, not just part of their practice squad. What does your daughter want?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 or 10 means nothing when you ride a bench for 4 years while not getting a dime of athletic money. But you can play dress up with all the official team swag, so there’s that. For some, that is what it has been about all along.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People. Get a grip. Little sally is in seventh grade!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 or 10 means nothing when you ride a bench for 4 years while not getting a dime of athletic money. But you can play dress up with all the official team swag, so there’s that. For some, that is what it has been about all along.

Very true! One of the M&D22 top 5 commits has to wait and enter with the 23 class (gap year), isn’t getting any money and will never see the field. But hey, she gets to play dress up and look cool on signing day. Parent ego at its finest!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey WHERE HAS ALL THE HEROS WHITE HOOPLA GONE?
the bubble was burst and just like that kaboom!!! funny to read all the previous comments about white being the best team but now less than a month later everything has changed

so now green 26 takes a few good players off white and the rest of the white team implodes and really it is very simple becuz white was never going to be green
really it was always about the white goalie she was the difference maker and probably on green next season
we will see in the coming weeks what heros green and other A level lacrosse teams think of player fallout when tryouts are completed and see who makes what team or not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you so obsessed with who goes in and off of Hero’s white. If it doesn’t pertain to you why do you care so much

the bubble was burst and just like that kaboom!!! funny to read all the previous comments about white being the best team but now less than a month later everything has changed

so now green 26 takes a few good players off white and the rest of the white team implodes and really it is very simple becuz white was never going to be green
really it was always about the white goalie she was the difference maker and probably on green next season
we will see in the coming weeks what heros green and other A level lacrosse teams think of player fallout when tryouts are completed and see who makes what team or not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the recruitment process is NOT related to talent. Of course, that's a large part of it. But the program has to prepare girls to have the right attitude and work ethic. These girls that think they are the best thing since sliced bread (fed by their programs coaches and leaders, and their parents) are going to find themselves at the back end of the recruiting line. This is why I think SW does well. They work with the girls from the start focusing on team, attitude and similarly work with the parents about a good "approach" to being a parent of a high level athlete. That's why many D1 coaches look at SW players, because they know they are getting the entire package, a talented athlete with the attitude that they are part of a unit, not just a superstar.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So girls from Hero's White were given a roster spot with Hero's Green without going through the tryout process?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the recruitment process is NOT related to talent. Of course, that's a large part of it. But the program has to prepare girls to have the right attitude and work ethic. These girls that think they are the best thing since sliced bread (fed by their programs coaches and leaders, and their parents) are going to find themselves at the back end of the recruiting line. This is why I think SW does well. They work with the girls from the start focusing on team, attitude and similarly work with the parents about a good "approach" to being a parent of a high level athlete. That's why many D1 coaches look at SW players, because they know they are getting the entire package, a talented athlete with the attitude that they are part of a unit, not just a superstar.

What about the games they play that not every player gets on the field to be seen ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
White still is the best team. Just look at the Green record over the last month. Enough said, it’s not fourth grade anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So girls from Hero's White were given a roster spot with Hero's Green without going through the tryout process?

Seems odd that players already have spots without tryouts. What BS. Once again Tierney making the rules as she goes for Green. Don’t be without a chair when the music stops. Go to another program. Heroes yet again proves why they can’t be #1 when it counts (Recruiting Years) they eat their own rather than build a program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems odd that players already have spots without tryouts. What BS. Once again Tierney making the rules as she goes for Green. Don’t be without a chair when the music stops. Go to another program. Heroes yet again proves why they can’t be #1 when it counts (Recruiting Years) they eat their own rather than build a program.
If girls are white have been moved to green, they have basically been trying out all season. They know if you should be moved or not, no need to wait for official tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If girls are white have been moved to green, they have basically been trying out all season. They know if you should be moved or not, no need to wait for official tryouts

Then why hold tryouts?

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched Heros White LOSE to M and D black at the one tourney. What I did watch and was disgusted by the players and their parents. M and D and the YJ were in the finals. Heros white team sat on the sidelines and cheered for YJ. Watched that team yell at M and D players and berate them. Unreal. So yes all these comments about Heros being a toxic club saw it first hand. Sad thing about all this is these girls will at one time or another be in school together and play lax together. Then again it stems from their classless parents and trickles down to the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched Heros White LOSE to M and D black at the one tourney. What I did watch and was disgusted by the players and their parents. M and D and the YJ were in the finals. Heros white team sat on the sidelines and cheered for YJ. Watched that team yell at M and D players and berate them. Unreal. So yes all these comments about Heros being a toxic club saw it first hand. Sad thing about all this is these girls will at one time or another be in school together and play lax together. Then again it stems from their classless parents and trickles down to the kids.
100% agree - I have first hand watched awe behavior by the parents, players & even the coaches from an older Hero's team. I would dread my daughter ever playing against them - for that reason ONLY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the Green/White game at the NGLL finals and there was a single dad that was embarrassing the entire Heros program with his mouth and behavior. Why he has not been booted or at a minimum told to shut up is beyond me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the Green/White game at the NGLL finals and there was a single dad that was embarrassing the entire Heros program with his mouth and behavior. Why he has not been booted or at a minimum told to shut up is beyond me.

Because that dad (Randal) has been in the program for years with other older girls and the club have grown to tolerate Randal. A blow-hard wanna-be living through his daughters. SAD, but Heros tolerate him and have for years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it even worth going to tryouts if you don't already have an in sy Hero's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Green already recruited who they want. If you’re looking to joining another club, go to SW, MnD, Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a tough decision. Unfortunately, getting a spot on an "A" team means knowing someone or getting seen before actual tryouts. Or starting on that team EARLY on. It happens with a lot of the "A" teams - M&D, TLC, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a tough decision. Unfortunately, getting a spot on an "A" team means knowing someone or getting seen before actual tryouts. Or starting on that team EARLY on. It happens with a lot of the "A" teams - M&D, TLC, etc.

Trust me with MG in charge of M&D 2026 she will be looking for better talent for the next couple years. She brought 3 new girls into the 2021 team summer after 9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just ask the 22 Hero’s Green Coach why his 23 stepdaughter switched to M&D 23 Black. That tells you everything you need to know about the recruiting!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because that dad (Randal) has been in the program for years with other older girls and the club have grown to tolerate Randal. A blow-hard wanna-be living through his daughters. SAD, but Heros tolerate him and have for years

Who is this guy? Is he really as bad as this board makes him out? If he is that bad, don’t the coaches say anything to him?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just ask the 22 Hero’s Green Coach why his 23 stepdaughter switched to M&D 23 Black. That tells you everything you need to know about the recruiting!

The fact that there are multiple Hero's coaches with other daughters on M&D is... interesting to say the least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is this guy? Is he really as bad as this board makes him out? If he is that bad, don’t the coaches say anything to him?
He is awful, loud and his comments are hurtful to the girls and parents. He is toxic and spills his negative comments to all who will listen. The coaches and parents tolerate him and not ONE will stand up to him. It’s a shame his wife won’t tell him to be quiet but she stands there and belittles the girls as well. So they are in hindsight a perfect pair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, 99% of the venom spewed on this site isn’t true. It’s easy to be bold and talk trash when you can post anonymously. If these people’s kids could read this, they would be embarrassed. I’m sure that this post will get railed on by Anonymous, the all knowing Authority of 7th girls lacrosse.

I wish all your daughters good luck and stay healthy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may be considering heros girls skipped their own practice tonight for M&D practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think if that is happening, then that player is not of the same talent level as the other players who are getting most of all of the playing time. Coaches and clubs want to win and they aren't out to "get" a player by not playing their strongest athletes. If a player isn't getting much time, its either an ability / talent issue, attitude issue or commitment issue (missing games or practices etc...). I don't have a daughter in this age group so having said that I am not familiar with the specifics for this age group. But I think the situation I outlined is probably true at all of the top programs. The good news is there are other teams to go to, just make sure that the young lady is trying out for a team that is talent/athletic appropriate and that her commitment level matches that of the team. I never think its wrong to be on a clubs second team if your child isn't quite as athletic or naturally aggressive. (maybe its good to be one of the stronger players on a new team) or if your daughter hasn't decided their level of commitment matches that of a high level club team. Its about confidence and happiness for your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may be considering heros girls skipped their own practice tonight for M&D practice.

And one from MD United…

MG is making moves!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those girls were white.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those girls were white.

says the M&D parent whose focus on her daughters social currency is threatened. Get a life and lay off the cookies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those girls were white.

Huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah that White team that’s lost four games this year. Wake up people that team is as good as anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those girls were white.

Huh?
Are you not following the thread? White in reference to Heros White. The team that has a green and white team. The white team that their parents insist is the best team around. Not sure how you didn’t pick up on that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those girls were white.
White or Green, doesn’t matter at Heros. Both are equally as talented. Ask CR how many heros girls have come to M&D over the years. And then ask TA how many M&D players have moved to Heros. Like someone said, when heros coaches are pulling their own kids and putting them at M&D….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those girls were white.

Huh?
Are you not following the thread? White in reference to Heros White. The team that has a green and white team. The white team that their parents insist is the best team around. Not sure how you didn’t pick up on that.
The fact that these 2 teams play for the same Club-but clearly there is so much hostility towards one another is enough to not want to play for that Club at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those girls were white.

says the M&D parent whose focus on her daughters social currency is threatened. Get a life and lay off the cookies.

Your comment makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 87 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard