BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 251 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where is bored MD lax dad? Need some new rankings to give folks something else to yap about.

Also - looks like hoco fall league is here to stay.

Yes- new topic please!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hershey lineup looks pretty spicy for 2028. Madlax Capital, Hawks and Next Level will all be there, Hawks and NL are in the same group and will play each other day 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks Black is their B team. Looks like a win for MadLax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From where are they pulling all these Nationals teams? Is it nationwide, or are these mid Atlantic teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In fairness, looks like every tournament sans hawks A team is a win for Madlax.

Tryouts are amongst us now - it’s officially July. Interesting to see how the best teams change with kids moving.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn’t the Hawks green team playing in Hershey? They have in the past.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is bored MD lax dad? Need some new rankings to give folks something else to yap about.

Bored MD dad here. I don’t know if Naptown really shakes them up enough to warrant a new run of the the rankings. But here are my thoughts. Obviously, the Hawks continued to show that they were #1. FCA showed a little more weakness than expected, but the unexpected losses were to two national teams which are hard to gauge since their rosters can change so much week to week. Mooselax is maybe a little weaker than we thought. I don’t think we’ll have many good matchups prior to NLF other than potentially a Next Level v. Madlax game at Hershey, Madlax vs. Nationals at Platinum Cup, and the several northern teams playing in the Prime Time Tournament in Connecticut.

Tier 1
1. Hawks

Tier 2
2. Madlax - consistently strong results in HoCo and this summer against everyone but the Hawks. Have beaten all the HOCo teams other than Hawks, plus BBL, Express North, Legacy, and an underrated Mad Dog West team. No one other than Hawks can match that resume of wins.

Tier 3

3. 2way
4. Team 91 - could be in either order with 2way.
5. Next Level - really hard to rank NL. Such divergent results. Several strong wins this summer - Team 91, Freedom, etc. - and made the finals of three straight tournaments with pretty good fields. But what happened to them in HoCo? And should we consider at all the wins over Hawks and Madlax from the fall? I could definitely see a good argument they should be lower. Potential matchup with Madlax at Hershey could be interesting.
6. BBL - Very strong schedule this summer and lots of good wins. Probably more good wins than the three in this tier above them. But seem to struggle a little with the very best teams - losses to Madlax, Team 91, split with 2way.
7. FCA - Weird to have them below NL given that they beat NL twice, the last time in a blow out in HoCo. But this summer they haven’t really had many big wins. Long Island Express win at NAL might be their best win this summer? But I could see having them ahead of NL given the head to head record.
8. Express North - solid wins, maybe lack consistency.

(If we were including national teams, I’d include Mad Dog National and Nationals in this tier somewhere, but since the rosters seem to vary tournament to tournament not sure it makes sense to include them.)

Tier 4 - Slightly below the Tier 3 teams; way below Hawks and Madlax.

9. Freedom - Strong summer schedule, some solid wins, but losses to Next Level in 2 of 3, BBL, and Hawks.
10. True Annapolis - Haven’t played a ton this summer in terms of top teams. Some good results at NAL and a one goal game with Hawks. Beat NL in HoCo. Going to overlook the Blue Claws loss as an outlier.
11. Long Island Express - played a lot this summer. A lot of good wins and a lot of losses. Very inconsistent team, but one team I think others would want to avoid in the early rounds of tournaments because they have the athletes to be really good at some point.

Tier 5 - Reason to believe they are good, but something missing in their resume in terms of wins against top competition to put in one of the above tiers.

Crabs (other than the two wins against True, have there been any wins against top competition?), Mooselax, Legacy, Laxachusetts, 3D NE, 4 Leaf Army, Mad Dog West, 3D Gulf Coast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hershey lineup looks pretty spicy for 2028. Madlax Capital, Hawks and Next Level will all be there, Hawks and NL are in the same group and will play each other day 1.

Hawks B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bored MD dad here. I don’t know if Naptown really shakes them up enough to warrant a new run of the the rankings. But here are my thoughts. Obviously, the Hawks continued to show that they were #1. FCA showed a little more weakness than expected, but the unexpected losses were to two national teams which are hard to gauge since their rosters can change so much week to week. Mooselax is maybe a little weaker than we thought. I don’t think we’ll have many good matchups prior to NLF other than potentially a Next Level v. Madlax game at Hershey, Madlax vs. Nationals at Platinum Cup, and the several northern teams playing in the Prime Time Tournament in Connecticut.

Tier 1
1. Hawks

Tier 2
2. Madlax - consistently strong results in HoCo and this summer against everyone but the Hawks. Have beaten all the HOCo teams other than Hawks, plus BBL, Express North, Legacy, and an underrated Mad Dog West team. No one other than Hawks can match that resume of wins.

Tier 3

3. 2way
5. Next Level - really hard to rank NL. Such divergent results. Several strong wins this summer - Team 91, Freedom, etc. - and made the finals of three straight tournaments with pretty good fields. But what happened to them in HoCo? And should we consider at all the wins over Hawks and Madlax from the fall? I could definitely see a good argument they should be lower. Potential matchup with Madlax at Hershey could be interesting.
6. BBL - Very strong schedule this summer and lots of good wins. Probably more good wins than the three in this tier above them. But seem to struggle a little with the very best teams - losses to Madlax, Team 91, split with 2way.
7. FCA - Weird to have them below NL given that they beat NL twice, the last time in a blow out in HoCo. But this summer they haven’t really had many big wins. Long Island Express win at NAL might be their best win this summer? But I could see having them ahead of NL given the head to head record.

(If we were including national teams, I’d include Mad Dog National and Nationals in this tier somewhere, but since the rosters seem to vary tournament to tournament not sure it makes sense to include them.)

9. Freedom - Strong summer schedule, some solid wins, but losses to Next Level in 2 of 3, BBL, and Hawks.
10. True Annapolis - Haven’t played a ton this summer in terms of top teams. Some good results at NAL and a one goal game with Hawks. Beat NL in HoCo. Going to overlook the Blue Claws loss as an outlier.
11. Long Island Express - played a lot this summer. A lot of good wins and a lot of losses. Very inconsistent team, but one team I think others would want to avoid in the early rounds of tournaments because they have the athletes to be really good at some point.

Tier 5 - Reason to believe they are good, but something missing in their resume in terms of wins against top competition to put in one of the above tiers.

Crabs (other than the two wins against True, have there been any wins against top competition?), Mooselax, Legacy, Laxachusetts, 3D NE, 4 Leaf Army, Mad Dog West, 3D Gulf Coast.

Well done again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 1
1. Hawks

Tier 2

Tier 3

3. 2way

Agee, very fair assessment

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bored MD lax dad, giving us the content we need but don't deserve

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 1
1. Hawks

Tier 2

Tier 3

3. 2way

Agee, very fair assessment

Where are Predators, Look to be strong .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bored MD lax dad, giving us the content we need but don't deserve

Absolutely don’t deserve. He’s like the Walter Kronkite of youth lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators?? They went 0-4 on LI against B teams. Unless there is another predators 2028 team??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators?? They went 0-4 on LI against B teams. Unless there is another predators 2028 team??

Predators will be in the 3rd tier in HOCO. It just doesn’t happen like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Missing players, By end of summer they will be elite. Fall will be in 1st Tier

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Missing players, By end of summer they will be elite. Fall will be in 1st Tier

Been in west Baltimore too much. Smokin that crack. a NEW club in baltimore will be elite a week after tryouts? You’re crazy. And misinformed.

Worst part is— this notIntelligent post alone will be enough for people to root against you. And run scores up on you. Can’t wait!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the Predators already have a 28 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Ok Predator whisperer— the kids that make up a 2028 team, where/what club do they come from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators were in the Lax Fest in Jersey and went 2-2 and lost pretty bad to a Long Island town team, it is an exceptional town team, but still a town team. I don’t think someone is in touch with reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you know where their players came from? Other clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bored MD dad does it again...

Don’t sleep on some of these west coast teams. As Naptown showed us, particularly in the older age groups, there’s elite level lacrosse being played out in CA. ADVNC, West Coast Starz, Mad Dog Elite etc. The Seattle Starz are apparently the top team out west— played the ECD Capital Classic in DC last week, and while they were mostly B teams, they absolutely stomped everyone— including a legit True Premier (IL) team. Heard they have an attack man who is 6 ft tall and skilled. Hope to see them back East this summer or fall.

NL looking forward to its matchup with Madlax at Hershey, and really hoping NLF gives us some NY-MD matchups to provide some comps. Up to now, Hawks and Madlax have proven they are a cut above with convincing wins against all of the teams up north. Hawks riding a NICE unbeaten streak in 2021, while Madlax has only lost 4 games in 2+ years— 3 of them to Hawks this spring and once to NL in Oct (first game back since July).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators.... this is classic click bait. First outing against an elite squad, if it even happens, will be comical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators.... this is classic click bait. First outing against an elite squad, if it even happens, will be comical.

Hardly, word on the street is that they have a few studs and a bunch of good players. Bet they are elite by summer end, fall you can count on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hardly, word on the street is that they have a few studs and a bunch of good players. Bet they are elite by summer end, fall you can count on it.

Predators MD 2028?

This is who you are talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No matter, seems team 91 will take World Series come time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you mean the 2028 group? No offense but hasn’t that team won like three games in two years?

I know they are a big name program so I’m sure kids will flock there in 7th 8th grades - but that’s a weird prediction to make right now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you mean the 2028 group? No offense but hasn’t that team won like three games in two years?

I know they are a big name program so I’m sure kids will flock there in 7th 8th grades - but that’s a weird prediction to make right now?

well, they won 4 games at the millon tournament, including the championship, so i think they won more than 3 games in 2 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Predators where all the unhappy FCA kids are headed together?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91venom would get smoked by the Hawks or Madlax in 2028. Different level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The hawks or madlax teams you see thrashing everyone won’t be able to play in WSYL.

So the question is could the on age kids on those two beat 91 venom or 2way or any of the on age teams for that matter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The hawks or madlax teams you see thrashing everyone won’t be able to play in WSYL.

So the question is could the on age kids on those two beat 91 venom or 2way or any of the on age teams for that matter?

Serious question…. What do the holdback crybabies do when high school comes? Complain that their freshmen don’t make varsity is my guess. Ironic or hypocritical. Maybe both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Serious question…. What do the holdback crybabies do when high school comes? Complain that their freshmen don’t make varsity is my guess. Ironic or hypocritical. Maybe both.

In HS both teams will have mixed ages. But 2028 youth teams should have kids that will actually graduate in 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In HS both teams will have mixed ages. But 2028 youth teams should have kids that will actually graduate in 2028.

I understand the difference…. I just think the holdback complainers are setting their kids up to have excuses - losers mindset. Just my opinion. I don’t care what you complain about or to who. Keep at it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand the difference…. I just think the holdback complainers are setting their kids up to have excuses - losers mindset. Just my opinion. I don’t care what you complain about or to who. Keep at it.

I’ll take the the other side of that statement. Players who play down and win will have a false sense of ability and skill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In HS you expect to play vs older kids that’s how it goes.
In a grade based tournament where kids are expected to be the same age having kids who are possibly 2 yrs older especially at the youth level isn’t comparable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In HS you expect to play vs older kids that’s how it goes.
In a grade based tournament where kids are expected to be the same age having kids who are possibly 2 yrs older especially at the youth level isn’t comparable.

So…. When you enter a grade based tournament, you don’t expect to play kids that have held back? If that is the case you either lack intelligence or have been hiding under a rock. This forum has made it clear that holdbacks exist - you can check back to posts YEARS ago.
Just because you disagree doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t expect it. There are people out there that feel only 11-12 grades should be on varsity…. I disagree. These are the rules. Nobody is cheating. Round and round we go.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else hearing there’s a major exodus out of FCA? On both the 27 and 28 teams? anyone truth to these rumors...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. They are going to crabs

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 251 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 250 251
Quick Reply