BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 202 of 264 1 2 200 201 202 203 204 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a fan or part of the family? Ok face off daddy. Whatever you say.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a fan or part of the family? Ok face off daddy. Whatever you say.

You’re really an angered person.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh Vs Calvert Hall on ESPN U. Long island teams cant hang sorry .Li publics cant hang with 45/50k private schools

LI public’s can’t hang with 13k privates.

I'm a big Chaminade homer -- the good public schools on Long Island can and do. I take it you didn't play growing up?

Which public’s? Manhasset and who else? And yes I played. Apparently you think that somehow validates lacrosse in 2021. Not sure how.

If they combined the Sachem programs back as one they could compete with anyone like they did before the split.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it! They shouldn’t even be 14. They played against a bunch of duds. Any team with any talent, they lost too. Go back to your red cup and don’t ever leave your bubble. You will be really disappointed.
I Dislike GC as much as most in Nassau county as they are consistently beating my town in the playoffs, So I take offense to the disrespect of calling my team duds!

The question is WHY/ Why do you dislike GC? Why does anyone dislike a community? Because they beat your town in a sport? The people who live there are not obnoxious pretentious jerks. So very curious.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It was a great season for Nassau and Suffolk publics. And thankfully it actually happened! The lacrosse was very good. It will never be good enough for the folks that are addicted to travel lacrosse. Those folks are on another level as far as lacrosse and expectations. But overall, it was a great season with great lacrosse. You can detest on the Garden Citys all you want....they know how to win when it counts. Commsewogue was a legit team all year and GC handled them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh Vs Calvert Hall on ESPN U. Long island teams cant hang sorry .Li publics cant hang with 45/50k private schools

I'm a big Chaminade homer -- the good public schools on Long Island can and do. I take it you didn't play growing up?

Which public’s? Manhasset and who else? And yes I played. Apparently you think that somehow validates lacrosse in 2021. Not sure how.

If they combined the Sachem programs back as one they could compete with anyone like they did before the split.

Yes Sachem probably would be State champs if combined BUT you can also say that for Smithtown and HHH combined as 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes Sachem probably would be State champs if combined BUT you can also say that for Smithtown and HHH combined as 1.

Just curious, how many State Championships did those schools win when they were combined ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, in my opinion coaching isn’t on par with the competition in Suffolk A, but their youth program is well run and that should help with the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, in my opinion coaching isn’t on par with the competition in Suffolk A, but their youth program is well run and that should help with the future.

That’s funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is the last time a LI public beat St. A’s or Cham.? Any LI public’s consistently beat either of these teams? Asking for a guy who played in the 80’s and thinks that’s relevant to something.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see claims on highlight videos for 2021 All County, Academic All County, even All American candidates. Where and how are these claims substantiated? I found no listing of All County honors for Nassau or Suffolk or any criteria for Academic awards. Our school (Nassau) has several games with zero stats recorded to Newsday and LILJ. We can't possibly be the only school. Can a coach or school official please chime in.
Our coach told the players who made county, conference and class. Other than that have seen or heard nothing. Section 8, NYS, and NCLCA all need to step up their websites and reporting. There is literally no information.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about Public's, Catholic, Private, PG just let the kids play and hopefully every knucklehead dad on here will be proud of their kid whether he plays D-1,2,3 or doesn't play in college. The nonsense here is amazing. You should all want your kids to be happy and get the best education possible. Good luck this summer to the boys...

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see claims on highlight videos for 2021 All County, Academic All County, even All American candidates. Where and how are these claims substantiated? I found no listing of All County honors for Nassau or Suffolk or any criteria for Academic awards. Our school (Nassau) has several games with zero stats recorded to Newsday and LILJ. We can't possibly be the only school. Can a coach or school official please chime in.
Our coach told the players who made county, conference and class. Other than that have seen or heard nothing. Section 8, NYS, and NCLCA all need to step up their websites and reporting. There is literally no information.

Just going to put it out there, You don't really think any coaches or school officials are on here, do you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just going to put it out there, You don't really think any coaches or school officials are on here, do you?

There are absolutely coaches on this site...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are absolutely coaches on this site...

No there isn’t

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IF THERE ARE COACHES HERE THE WEST ISLIP COACH SHOULD GO COACH JV !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL of there losses came in second half

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IF THERE ARE COACHES HERE THE WEST ISLIP COACH SHOULD GO COACH JV !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL of there losses came in second half

Why are you bashing the WI Coach? Isn't he somewhat new? West Islip has not been relevant for 10 years or so. Bigger issues than the coach. I will say, their girls coach does an excellent job, one of the best in Suffolk, maybe on The Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously? You think anyone cares about JV??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. People do. Specifically people with kids that play JV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard St Johns HS is looking for a new Varsity coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About 4/7 years ago Smithtowns had probably the most dominant players that went to D1 but both east and west never made it off the island because of coaching. They breed F/O yr after yr and alot of D1’s .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About 4/7 years ago Smithtowns had probably the most dominant players that went to D1 but both east and west never made it off the island because of coaching. They breed F/O yr after yr and alot of D1’s .

As we have seen, D-1 commits mean nothing. See Carey HS circa 2021 to validate this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This could turn into good job if they had the right coach in place to compete with the St. Anthony's and other dominant catholic schools. Not saying there even close to that now, but with the right coaches in place that program could turn into a powerhouse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As we have seen, D-1 commits mean nothing. See Carey HS circa 2021 to validate this.

FYI Careys D-1 commits were hurt most of the season and the coach does a phenomenal job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know 1in 2016 Massapequa lost in OT 12 to11 , 2017 I think it was 7 to 6 to Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI Careys D-1 commits were hurt most of the season and the coach does a phenomenal job.

FYI when their D-1 Commits were on the field it made no difference. Carey had one quality win against PW. The season was a disaster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most kids or parents would rather play on a lesser high school team and have the option after high school do go to a good academic d1 college or a better academic school than what they would have got into without playing lacrosse. So in your reply you are focusing on high school team success while the original poster was focused on college placement success. Saying d1 commits means nothing is not fair if college placement is more important to someone than playing for a strong high school team. But I do agree d1 commits mean nothing if you have no depth behind them. Carey did hold there own against GC when in all other years they would have never been close. So in that sense the d1 commits did have at least some meaning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI when their D-1 Commits were on the field it made no difference. Carey had one quality win against PW. The season was a disaster.
FYI Not from Carey but have watched their coach do unbelievable things coaching boys over the yrs. Carey beats PW and a very good Southside team, then loses in the county championship to the LI champion. Far from a disaster. Please stop with your nonsense!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. People do. Specifically people with kids that play JV.
Both my kids play JV its no better than PAL. Ask you kid if they cared about the score. You, maybe, them, not so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This could turn into good job if they had the right coach in place to compete with the St. Anthony's and other dominant catholic schools. Not saying there even close to that now, but with the right coaches in place that program could turn into a powerhouse.

AD is a baseball guy. But he at least he recognized that a change was needed. The program will be on the right track with a new staff that can attract players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI Not from Carey but have watched their coach do unbelievable things coaching boys over the yrs. Carey beats PW and a very good Southside team, then loses in the county championship to the LI champion. Far from a disaster. Please stop with your nonsense!

It’s HS lacrosse, the Carey 5 got beat by a team without a single D-1 commit. That says a lot about the quality of the program. This thread is for HS lacrosse. Carey got beat bad by a team without a 2021 D-1 commit. Wishing them well but the program is a disaster if over 50 percent of the team are quality D-1 players and you can’t get past a team with zero D-1 commits. Not sure how the coach is amazing?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

It’s HS lacrosse, the Carey 5 got beat by a team without a single D-1 commit. That says a lot about the quality of the program. This thread is for HS lacrosse. Carey got beat bad by a team without a 2021 D-1 commit. Wishing them well but the program is a disaster if over 50 percent of the team are quality D-1 players and you can’t get past a team with zero D-1 commits. Not sure how the coach is amazing?

Do you have any idea of what the 2021 class went through as far as recruiting. Your ignorance is glowing brightly in this post. Many players who would have gone D1 had to compete against 5th year seniors, and took D2 and D3 spots or reclassed because of COVID. So I wouldn't base anything in 2021 on D1 commits. It was a total poop show for these kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carey had a bunch of D1 commits but no team chemistry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to clear up the “ignorance “comment. If you have 5 HS seniors committed to play D-1 lacrosse and can’t beat a team with none it speaks volumes about the program. Secondly, if a HS senior is using the “holdback” excuse he is destined for failure at the next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to clear up the “ignorance “comment. If you have 5 HS seniors committed to play D-1 lacrosse and can’t beat a team with none it speaks volumes about the program. Secondly, if a HS senior is using the “holdback” excuse he is destined for failure at the next level.

Which is the team that Carey lost to with zero commits? Why all the detest on Carey ? Carey lost to GC in County Final and Beat Southside in 1/4 final. Southside has about 4-5 commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is the team that Carey lost to with zero commits? Why all the detest on Carey ? Carey lost to GC in County Final and Beat Southside in 1/4 final. Southside has about 4-5 commits.

The detest comes from a comment back in the spring. Someone said Carey would take down GC because of the 5 D1 commits. Now people are throwing back at them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The detest comes from a comment back in the spring. Someone said Carey would take down GC because of the 5 D1 commits. Now people are throwing back at them.

Precisely, if you’re going to give out all that detest, write that it’s the end of an era for a successful program and there’s a new sheriff in town, you best back it up. Best team Carey has ever had, they completely underperformed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They need a club connection.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Need to get Zummo over there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Need to get Zummo over there

That would be a huge huge positive

Like Reply Quote
Page 202 of 264 1 2 200 201 202 203 204 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard