BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 172 of 214 1 2 170 171 172 173 174 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has nothing to do with Grandma, it is a consistent pattern across all sports, boys and girls. If they don’t deserve it, they don’t deserve it. If they do deserve it, they should not be discriminated against based on age, grade or what school they go to….there are multiple 9th and 10th graders across all sports that have been deserving.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Newsday has never been known for in depth research and and reporting. It is an individual award not a who do I play for or am I committed award. I am sure some colleges are reevaluating their commitment decisions after such ok seasons by their commits.
Individual stats and results from a particular season (2021) is all Newsday should be looking at, but we all know that is not true.

Whaaaa! my sophomore wont get her picture in the paper...what are we gonna tell grandma?

Grandma knows that a bunch of overhyped seniors got participation trophies. One of the major problems with this sport. Stats don't lie. Enjoy that award that you know your daughter didn't deserve! Trust me grandma has first hand witnessed whats wrong with our society!

"Stats Don't lie" , They do when or if the top point getter is getting them against a Jr high school team. please stop with the newsday stats. when a team gets credited with more assist then goals (happens many times) the stats start to lose credibility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has nothing to do with Grandma, it is a consistent pattern across all sports, boys and girls. If they don’t deserve it, they don’t deserve it. If they do deserve it, they should not be discriminated against based on age, grade or what school they go to….there are multiple 9th and 10th graders across all sports that have been deserving.

Agree 100 % but newsday stats are a terrible indicator as to Who the best players on LI are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if those 9th and 10th graders are consistent all 4 years they will make these lists in Junior and Senior years..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not just one, but many of these players were not even the best players on their own team. Not sure if that is funny or sad. When you watch many of these different teams and these players all year long, you know which players deserve and which players don't. Then this list just leaves everyone in the know, scratching their heads on many of the selections. The politics of LI lacrosse, it will never change.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not just one, but many of these players were not even the best players on their own team. Not sure if that is funny or sad. When you watch many of these different teams and these players all year long, you know which players deserve and which players don't. Then this list just leaves everyone in the know, scratching their heads on many of the selections. The politics of LI lacrosse, it will never change.

That's your opinion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you have to be on a playoff team to get picked.
Ridiculous that so many players from teams that don’t make playoffs are left off list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know the padding of the stats as well as players and coaches running up the score on weak teams by keeping starters in the whole game or going to goal every time.What gets me is how can teams be awarded power points in the standings for what it did a season or two ago right before the playoff brackets come out.It’s shady business and points should be awarded at the beginning of the season so everybody in the division knows the deal.
If I’m not mistaken is lax the only sport that does this.Makes zero sense to give points from a previous season and why don’t everybody play each other during the year so head to head actually means something as a criteria for seeding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's your opinion

It's a FACT, and it's not even close. EVERYONE knows it. Just embarrassing for the sport!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's your opinion

Absolutely horrible! Several of the chosen girls were out half the season with injuries, and when they returned, they didn't do much. Sick of the participation trophies for seniors. Earn it get it. Most of these girls will disappear college and never be heard from again, weak class. Shame on Newsday!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday has never been known for in depth research and and reporting. It is an individual award not a who do I play for or am I committed award. I am sure some colleges are reevaluating their commitment decisions after such ok seasons by their commits.
Individual stats and results from a particular season (2021) is all Newsday should be looking at, but we all know that is not true.

Whaaaa! my sophomore wont get her picture in the paper...what are we gonna tell grandma?

Grandma knows that a bunch of overhyped seniors got participation trophies. One of the major problems with this sport. Stats don't lie. Enjoy that award that you know your daughter didn't deserve! Trust me grandma has first hand witnessed whats wrong with our society!

"Stats Don't lie" , They do when or if the top point getter is getting them against a Jr high school team. please stop with the newsday stats. when a team gets credited with more assist then goals (happens many times) the stats start to lose credibility.

THIS. So much. I know a girl in MD (my state) that got 13 goals in one game purely so they could make sure she reached 200 for her career because their next game in the playoffs was against a quality team that could (and did) crush them. It happens everywhere.

Stats are a big part of the story, but not all of it. People pay way too much attention to numbers that can easily be fudged.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THIS. So much. I know a girl in MD (my state) that got 13 goals in one game purely so they could make sure she reached 200 for her career because their next game in the playoffs was against a quality team that could (and did) crush them. It happens everywhere.

Stats are a big part of the story, but not all of it. People pay way too much attention to numbers that can easily be fudged.

When I said Stats don’t lie, I meant against quality teams. Otherwise Center Moriches girls would have been All-LI. I was more referring to stats against your own teammates

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's your opinion

Absolutely horrible! Several of the chosen girls were out half the season with injuries, and when they returned, they didn't do much. Sick of the participation trophies for seniors. Earn it get it. Most of these girls will disappear college and never be heard from again, weak class. Shame on Newsday!

Well I guess Grandma has a direct line to the Newsday editors office… your leading scorer “flopped” from team 2 to team 1…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about those All-American Awards! Strange that you can be on All-LI, but not be an All-American? Great job Newsday!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's your opinion

Well I guess Grandma has a direct line to the Newsday editors office… your leading scorer “flopped” from team 2 to team 1…

Newsday is an embarrassment! They should go by the post season awards, not some random list they pull out of their *

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about those All-American Awards! Strange that you can be on All-LI, but not be an All-American? Great job Newsday!

How can you not be selected for All-county but be selected to All-long island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So all this talk about stats are important, stat padding etc...
Stats do not seem to matter at all in the selection of these players. Newsday's Player of the Year did not even finish on the stats list that they keep. The statistics they keep truly are meaningless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there a place to see a list of the AA awards from both Nassau and Suffolk?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All-County is given out/selected by your daughters HS Coach, how your daughter Team finished the season will determine how many selections / nominations your daughters coach gets.

All-Long Island is given out / selected by Newsday.

Lacrosse is not wrestling, tennis or track, these awards are all subjective. These Awards are not solely based on perceived player performance. Opinion and politics also play a role in all of the honors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So all this talk about stats are important, stat padding etc...
Stats do not seem to matter at all in the selection of these players. Newsday's Player of the Year did not even finish on the stats list that they keep. The statistics they keep truly are meaningless.

Stats absolutely do matter, but so does the team performance. The recipient of the top player was selected for a few reason is my opinion. Her team won the LI Championship, she has mega politics on her side, she is committed to a great school, she was a great player throughout HS, even if this was not her best year, she is a senior. There are a few others that fit most of that criteria, but maybe lack the politics part, such as the Northport girl, who was overall better, but a Jr.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All-County is given out/selected by your daughters HS Coach, how your daughter Team finished the season will determine how many selections / nominations your daughters coach gets.

Lacrosse is not wrestling, tennis or track, these awards are all subjective. These Awards are not solely based on perceived player performance. Opinion and politics also play a role in all of the honors.

Which makes the Newsday award that much more dubious. If your own coach doesn’t think a player is An All-county player how does Newsday come to conclusion that same player is All-long island player. Appears that if your team didn’t make playoffs you weren’t selected by Newsday. But that’s LI Lax politics. Been that way a long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which makes the Newsday award that much more dubious. If your own coach doesn’t think a player is An All-county player how does Newsday come to conclusion that same player is All-long island player. Appears that if your team didn’t make playoffs you weren’t selected by Newsday. But that’s LI Lax politics. Been that way a long time.

First time I’ve ever seen a complaint lead to a change in the list. What the heck is going on?? Who complained? What is their tie to Newsday? And Newsday wonders why nobody reads their paper anymore. Unbelievable!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stats absolutely do matter, but so does the team performance. The recipient of the top player was selected for a few reason is my opinion. Her team won the LI Championship, she has mega politics on her side, she is committed to a great school, she was a great player throughout HS, even if this was not her best year, she is a senior. There are a few others that fit most of that criteria, but maybe lack the politics part, such as the Northport girl, who was overall better, but a Jr.

You're not paying attention if you think the Northport player is better than the BBP player..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First time I’ve ever seen a complaint lead to a change in the list. What the heck is going on?? Who complained? What is their tie to Newsday? And Newsday wonders why nobody reads their paper anymore. Unbelievable!

What was changed? Please elaborate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was changed? Please elaborate.

Girl who was on second team was mysteriously moved to the first team after someone obviously complained.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at a tournament last week and over heard some coaches talking about the recent weak tournament performances and lack luster HS seasons from some of their commits. Any current commit should be concerned with that…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're not paying attention if you think the Northport player is better than the BBP player..

Much better...not even close. Only one problem was she is a Jr. Look at the County and LI championship performances, and you will see who showed up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If stats matter, then there were others who outmatched the person going to BC…. Yellow Jackets political connections….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If stats matter, then there were others who outmatched the person going to BC…. Yellow Jackets political connections….

Ugh you just realized that YJ coaches coach various varsity teams on LI and when its time for post season awards they vote for the bee regardless of stats....:

As for the 21 commits go look at all the overhyped YJ commits and who showed up....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do not hear that! Please stop your nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do agree with many 21 yj are overhyped. But they did get into many great schools. So kudos to them. Its nice to have rose back you. I have seen many 21s from clubs like Elevate blue liberty and top guns black our perform yj girls. And unfortunately do get over looked at many events in the past. Rose has juice it is what it is. Meanwhile was told some Elevate girls got all american and none were on all long island. Why because names have definitely been hyped up over the years. That is truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do agree with many 21 yj are overhyped. But they did get into many great schools. So kudos to them. Its nice to have rose back you. I have seen many 21s from clubs like Elevate blue liberty and top guns black our perform yj girls. And unfortunately do get over looked at many events in the past. Rose has juice it is what it is. Meanwhile was told some Elevate girls got all american and none were on all long island. Why because names have definitely been hyped up over the years. That is truth.

Agree 100%. The HS coaches who also coach YJ have created a terrible political and conflict of interest situation which has extended to UA selections, school girls selection, HS County awards etc. 3rd daughter to go thru the process and I think it has gotten worse. The inflated bio’s and overhyped players will continue and realistically I don’t see it changing. Good luck to those HS players going forward. Thankful it’s over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still making excuses after all these years as to why your daughter isn't and didn't get looks and offers.... get over it already. Most of the YJ 21's will do just fine in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still making excuses after all these years as to why your daughter isn't and didn't get looks and offers.... get over it already. Most of the YJ 21's will do just fine in college.

Actually, most will disappear, they were out played by sophomores! Too slow and unmotivated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, most will disappear, they were out played by sophomores! Too slow and unmotivated.

Actually I saw a ton of really great 21’s this year. Just the most “pushed” down your throat girls were just that, YJ political players. CR is the most powerful force in girls lacrosse, she has a small handful of girls every year that get her thrust. A few deservedly so, and most not even close. This will go on until other LI clubs can step up politically and strip some power away. Sorry to tell you all this is decades in the making and your “other” club is many years away from getting a fair shake. Call it one of the benefits of playing for YJs. It a huge obstacle for everyone else not on YJs including other YJ players not on her kiss butt list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both good players but the best player in Suffolk this year played for West Babylon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both good players but the best player in Suffolk this year played for West Babylon.

What hurt WB was their weak schedule. Padding stats against mostly low tier teams should not get you any awards. With your line of thought, the CM girls should have gotten some post season accolades too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Much better...not even close. Only one problem was she is a Jr. Look at the County and LI championship performances, and you will see who showed up

Easy to play on good teams surrounded by good players. All of a sudden goals and assists are easier, draw controls easier. How are midfielders/defenders chosen for their defensive abilities when their teams play zone? Try playing on lower tier teams that dont have good players. Try playing for non YJ coaches who have no political influence. In addition if your team isnt in playoffs never mind win counties or LIC you have no chance for selection.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, while an outstanding athlete, the WB Soph was completely shut down by BBP middies without face guarding. She is great, but against great players looked pedestrian.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She killed West Babylon! One man show. Shooting from the 12. Selfish, forcing shots, flopping, frustrates easily. Yells at her teammates.
The BBP girl dominates on the draw, plays great defense, passes when she is doubled, scores when she’s not, works her butt off on ground balls, a motivator, a true leader.
BBP was a complete team. West Babylon was a one man show!

Like Reply Quote
Page 172 of 214 1 2 170 171 172 173 174 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard