BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually TG organization has historically been DESTROYED by YJ. Remember It happened on 2020 during very intense game. (TGs need extensive therapy following that one)21s never even matched up because YJ 21 were best in the country and TG very weak and never advanced into meaningful games. 22 YJ beat TG in only time they ever matched up. 23TG got the win over YJ, that was Big win for TG. Owners of TG should let that team play for free next year. YJ at 24 and 25 way better than TG. Facts. Also look out fir jesters - their 23 could upset the TGs. Nice girls will finish first.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s up with girls from west Babylon going to play for legacy by the droves instead of TG. Tg uses west Babylon fields

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually TG organization has historically been DESTROYED by YJ. Remember It happened on 2020 during very intense game. (TGs need extensive therapy following that one)21s never even matched up because YJ 21 were best in the country and TG very weak and never advanced into meaningful games. 22 YJ beat TG in only time they ever matched up. 23TG got the win over YJ, that was Big win for TG. Owners of TG should let that team play for free next year. YJ at 24 and 25 way better than TG. Facts. Also look out fir jesters - their 23 could upset the TGs. Nice girls will finish first.

Lol, nobody cares about what happened with YJ ‘22s, 21s, 24s or 25s. This thread is about’23s. YJ ‘23s have been desperate to beat TG for as many years as I can remember. You act like TG “getting the win” was some kind of unexpected miracle. Educate yourself please. TG ‘23 has NEVER lost to YJs. We have also had to listen to the YJ banter claiming how they were the best team in the country for years even though it’s false. Even more interesting is that YJs had to combine with TWO other clubs just to be competitive after several of their best players left for other clubs (I wonder why that happened?). As for Jesters, TG played them a couple months ago and doubled them, so I’m not sure what we should look out for? Lots of nice girls on all the teams. It’s jealous parents like you who fester over losing a lacrosse game that are the problem

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re living in the past. Go read the club team rankings. We don’t need to debate it here.

Best part of this is the girls will determine the outcome and we’ll all know it in 3 weeks. Oh wait, will YJ ask for the easy bracket again or will they play real teams in pool play... schedules are not posted for the Mid Atlantic or the Us lax nationals yet so they must be figuring it out now.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about the other age groups? Facts are YJ touted themselves as the undisputed #1 team in the country and they aren't.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s up with girls from west Babylon going to play for legacy by the droves instead of TG. Tg uses west Babylon fields

Steve Levy is a teacher at west Babylon high school that helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you need to get a grip and realize what's important.... Below is a "copy and paste" from another thread.... or, you can continue to worry who won a meaningless summer game.

In addition to the "athletic, team sport benefits and life lessons" lacrosse is about helping our children get into the best school possible.

Many of the schools listed below have Division I Lacrosse Programs and without lacrosse it would be very difficult for our children to get into them.

Below are some rankings of where some of the Major Players in Investment Banking, Consulting and Big Tech hire from "Target Schools". Just want to point out the opportunities Lacrosse can provide for our children. The rankings are primarily in order of "number undergraduate hires" from each school from 2014 - 2019.

Not knocking or touting any schools, just pointing out that Lacrosse can help get our children into many of the feeder schools that many companies recruit from.

Not every kid knows what career path they want to pursue so choosing a school that can open as many doors as possible is very important. In many cases, it will be the school "name recognition and or prestige" that will help get their foot in the door with an interview (lacrosse connections help as well).

Investment Banking: at the top firms (2014 - 2019)

1 - Penn
2 - NYU
3 - Michigan
4 - Harvard
5 - Georgetown
6 - Cornell
7 - Yale
8 - Columbia
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Princeton
11 - U of Chicago
12 - Cal - Berkeley
13 - Texas
14 - Duke
15 - Virginia
16 - Dartmouth
17 - BYU
18 - Vanderbilt
19 - Indiana
20 - Uni Southern Cal
21 - Northwestern
22 - Boston College
23 - Brown
25 - North Carolina
26 - Stanford
27 - UCLA
28 - Middlebury
29 - Penn State
30 - Emory

Consulting: at the top firms (2014 - 2020)

1 - Harvard
2 - Penn
3 - Michigan
4 - Yale
5 - Stanford
6 - Duke
7 - Princeton
8 - MIT
9 - Uni Cal Berkeley
10 - Northwestern
11 - Columbia
12 - Texas
13 - Virginia
14 - Dartmouth
15 - Notre Dame
16 - Vanderbilt
16 - Uni Chicago
18 - Brown
19 - Georgetown
20 - Georgia Tech
21 - Western University
22 - Mc Gill University
23 - Washington Uni St. Louis
24 - Queen's University
25 - BYU
26 - Rice
27 - Uni Southern California
28 - Cornell
29 - North Carolina
30 - Uni Illinois

Big Tech

1 University of California, Berkeley
2 Stanford University
3 Carnegie Mellon University
4 University of Southern California
5 The University of Texas at Austin
6 Georgia Institute of Technology
7 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
8 San Jose State University
9 University of California, San Diego
10 Arizona State University
11 University of Michigan
12 University of California, Los Angeles
13 North Carolina State University
14 California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo
15 Cornell University
16 University of Waterloo (Canada)
17 Texas A&M University
18 University of Washington
19 Purdue University
20 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
21 Santa Clara University
22 University of Phoenix
23 University of California, Santa Barbara
24 University of California, Davis
25 Penn State University

Here is some additional food for thought... Link to article at the bottom

These 30 Colleges get students Jobs through great professional partnerships. I think 18 of the these schools have a varsity women's lacrosse program.

1 - Michigan
2 - Penn State
3 - Stanford
4 - Harvard
5 - NYU
6 - Princeton
7 - University of Cal. Berkeley
8 - Penn
9 - MIT
10 - USC (California)
11 - Cornell
12 - Dartmouth
13 - Washington
14 - Texas A&M
15 - Yale
16 - Northeastern
17 - Purdue
18 - Carnegie Mellon University
19 - Georgia Tech
20 - UCLA
21 - Claremont McKenna College
22 - Arizona State
23 - California Institute of Technology
24 - University of Maryland
25 - North Carolina State
26 - University of Cal. San Diego
27 - Florida
28 - University of Cal. Davis
29 - Virginia Tech
30 - Embry Riddle Aeronautical

See link for article

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/colleges-professional-partnerships/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, nobody cares about what happened with YJ ‘22s, 21s, 24s or 25s. This thread is about’23s. YJ ‘23s have been desperate to beat TG for as many years as I can remember. You act like TG “getting the win” was some kind of unexpected miracle. Educate yourself please. TG ‘23 has NEVER lost to YJs. We have also had to listen to the YJ banter claiming how they were the best team in the country for years even though it’s false. Even more interesting is that YJs had to combine with TWO other clubs just to be competitive after several of their best players left for other clubs (I wonder why that happened?). As for Jesters, TG played them a couple months ago and doubled them, so I’m not sure what we should look out for? Lots of nice girls on all the teams. It’s jealous parents like you who fester over losing a lacrosse game that are the problem

Hey! Whats up YJs? You might need to work on your game a bit! I’m sure CR can recommend a trainer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey! Whats up YJs? You might need to work on your game a bit! I’m sure CR can recommend a trainer

You still don't get it....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your confusing Legacy with Jesters i think

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recommend a trainer….. ha ha. So sad that this is so important to a grown man. What happened? You ride the pine growin up and now your living through your kids. You probably grease the wheel of your HC for daughters playing time. Go play wall ball for $100 an hour and convince yourself it is all worth it because we’re the best team in the age group. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy to do because they’re both irrelevant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy to do because they’re both irrelevant

Every team is irrelevant ... Club Lacrosse is about helping kids get into college and maybe getting some financial help.

There will be players on the "best" team from the "best" club who end up at a mediocre college/university with a mediocre lacrosse program. There will also be players from teams that are not the "best" who end up attending a great college/university which may or may not have a great lacrosse program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the American Select tryouts going to be canceled do to lightning?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Is the American Select tryouts going to be canceled do to lightning?

It it appears that way. Is there a rain date on the site?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recommend a trainer….. ha ha. So sad that this is so important to a grown man. What happened? You ride the pine growin up and now your living through your kids. You probably grease the wheel of your HC for daughters playing time. Go play wall ball for $100 an hour and convince yourself it is all worth it because we’re the best team in the age group. Get a life.

Hmmm. They beat your daughters team every time. Maybe there is something to doing wall ball. You might want to take daughter to local school and give it a go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop posting this…thanks for the research.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t matter, just following their WB coach down a rabbit hole. It’s the Jesters not Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only a coach or club owner would know about every team from 2020-2026. Forget about the YJ 23’s losing to TG, they lost to Eagle Stix. I would be more concerned about that…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best part is the dad that writes this about how great TG is; his daughter gets as much play time as him.
Go tell the college coaches “i know she didn’t play much but we Won!!”. the real winner will be when the commitments comes out snd YES YJ will be dominant Again!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And your bench can say I didn’t play at all, 1 kid took 8 of the 10 shots we had and we lost.

Best part is the dad that writes this about how great TG is; his daughter gets as much play time as him.
Go tell the college coaches “i know she didn’t play much but we Won!!”. the real winner will be when the commitments comes out snd YES YJ will be dominant Again!![/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go tell the college coaches “i know she didn’t play much but we Won!!”. the real winner will be when the commitments comes out snd YES YJ will be dominant Again!!

This will be the worst YJ class in terms of high level commitments. There will be 4-5 girls going to top schools, then a big drop-off. I predict that Jesters, and Legacy will be about the same. Today is the first day of contact by academies, and I know of a few girls who already got calls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ will dominate the commitments as they Always have. This is one of the deepest grades in a long, long time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ will dominate the commitments as they Always have. This is one of the deepest grades in a long, long time.

😂😂 Nice try Dad! Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did everyone think of American Select?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American Select was not as advertised. A tryout from 4:00-8:00 was moved to a start time of 5:00 due to potential weather. The tryouts were supposed to consist of small sided scrimmages that eventually would end with a full sided game. The small sided scrimmages never happened. The tryout was canceled an hour in due the storm. You did receive an email stating that they have seen enough and will select a team. If you receive an email you made the team. There was talent at the tryout but the 2022 age group obviously didn’t have enough girls and were mixed in with the 23s. It was run exactly the same as UA. Looks like a another profitable venture for CR.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree! The best talent was there from Long Island. I don’t see how they can pick a team based on what hey saw yesterday at tryouts. My guess it will be the same ole BS.. the team compiled with YJ and Jesters!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was easily the saddest ‘assessment’ tryout I have ever been to. And that’s all sports, over many years. Understand the weather issue, but with only a 1hr scrimmage. Multiple teams standing on sidelines doing absolutely nothing during that time, no way proper assessment is even possible. To get the job, sometimes it’s who you know I’m going to assume. A reschedule would have been the right way to do it.... and most fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American Select was not as advertised. A tryout from 4:00-8:00 was moved to a start time of 5:00 due to potential weather. The tryouts were supposed to consist of small sided scrimmages that eventually would end with a full sided game. The small sided scrimmages never happened. The tryout was canceled an hour in due the storm. You did receive an email stating that they have seen enough and will select a team. If you receive an email you made the team. There was talent at the tryout but the 2022 age group obviously didn’t have enough girls and were mixed in with the 23s. It was run exactly the same as UA. Looks like a another profitable venture for CR.

It should have been postponed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree! The best talent was there from Long Island. I don’t see how they can pick a team based on what hey saw yesterday at tryouts. My guess it will be the same ole BS.. the team compiled with YJ and Jesters!

Actually, many of the best girls did not attend. There were a few top TG and YJ girls who really stood out, otherwise I was not that impressed. Under Armour will no doubt be the premier event once again, and I suspect many of the better girls will decline the invitation. This whole thing is about to backfire on CR. Only good thing is that it will open up spots for more girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, many of the best girls did not attend. There were a few top TG and YJ girls who really stood out, otherwise I was not that impressed. Under Armour will no doubt be the premier event once again, and I suspect many of the better girls will decline the invitation. This whole thing is about to backfire on CR. Only good thing is that it will open up spots for more girls.

honestly it was most likely picked before the tryout. It is how these things work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless of what an independent evaluator says. They give their list of girls of who they feel are the top players and who are they giving it to Rose? Who then takes that list and selects the players she wants on the team anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless of what an independent evaluator says. They give their list of girls of who they feel are the top players and who are they giving it to Rose? Who then takes that list and selects the players she wants on the team anyway.

100% correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, YJ draw girl won almost every time and was the best player on that team, surprised with all those possessions they didn't do better.. TG had a few girls who controlled the game and could really shoot well.[/quote]

False statement about YJ draw girl, there is video for anyone who wants to watch the game on sports recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When is the team being announced since it seems to already have been picked?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Jesters pretty much running the UA tryouts. So? They prob. Know who they are picking already as well. We will see who makes UA teams. I’m sure they are super happy YJ stepped away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters seem to be getting stronger and stronger every year at every age group however the 23's are freaking good. They looked strong at Lax for the Cure and my daughter doesn't even play there. They play the game the right way with everyone touching the ball. If she wasn't in her recruiting years they would definitly be an option.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Jesters pretty much running the UA tryouts. So? They prob. Know who they are picking already as well. We will see who makes UA teams. I’m sure they are super happy YJ stepped away

Jesters have 3 girls who are good players, not great. Many other girls in the age group better. Jesters is not in the same league as YJ or TG. Do you remember what happened to them when they played TG a couple months ago? That said, those three will make UA regardless of how they try out. There will be about 6 more spots for ‘23s. The rest of the spots go to ‘22s. It will be the North Shore YJ girl, and a few TGs. The other good YJs are doing AS. Both events will be great for recruiting purposes but Long Island talent will be split so I’m not sure how either team will perform. Will be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Totally agree! The best talent was there from Long Island. I don’t see how they can pick a team based on what hey saw yesterday at tryouts. My guess it will be the same ole BS.. the team compiled with YJ and Jesters!

Jesters have 3 girls who are good players, not great. Many other girls in the age group better. Jesters is not in the same league as YJ or TG. Do you remember what happened to them when they played TG a couple months ago? That said, those three will make UA regardless of how they try out. There will be about 6 more spots for ‘23s. The rest of the spots go to ‘22s. It will be the North Shore YJ girl, and a few TGs. The other good YJs are doing AS. Both events will be great for recruiting purposes but Long Island talent will be split so I’m not sure how either team will perform. Will be interesting.

Don’t forget about Elevate girls making it their owner is the coach. Do you really think he isn’t taking girls from his own club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saying 3 Jesters make UA is very generous. 1 girl the former TG will make it and the coach's daughter will make it go with 2 Jesters making it. They will probably take around 6 or 7 2023's total. This will be a 2022 dominated team between YJ, TG and Elevate girls.

Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard