BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 87 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is an exaggeration that all will move to red. But if it is true a lot of players are moving over then there will be some unhappy people that get moved to red.

Only about 20 can make the team. Have to understand the coach gets to make that call about what level she thinks kids will be successful at. Plenty of spots for players at other clubs besides the top 3 in the area.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should cheer for the girls. Not ridicule refs, or comment on players. Why not call Randal out? He has been doing it for years and made the 26 Green Team toxic. Parents won’t consider trying out because of him and his garage band of commentaries. Why do you think White is just as good? One reason parents don’t want their kids around him or his antics.
Difference between Randal and other loud parents, common dignity. For a laugh Randal makes a comment but could care less the damage it inflicts to the person or kid. Call it like it is and yes called him out by name because everyone in the 26 and older age brackets knows the “Heros Dad” that acts like this.
There are worse.

His garage band trying to defend him. When parents from other clubs talk about “That Heros Dad” first thought is Randal. Best Monday Morning QB that has zero lacrosse experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopscotch!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man, Anonymous is bold over the last few weeks! Maybe someday, they will step up and post their names. Its easy to bust on teams/people with cover and no accountability. I'm sure Anonymous would not be saying this garbage in front of people. Enjoy your incredible insight on everything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man, Anonymous is bold over the last few weeks! Maybe someday, they will step up and post their names. Its easy to bust on teams/people with cover and no accountability. I'm sure Anonymous would not be saying this garbage in front of people. Enjoy your incredible insight on everything.

TRUTH

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TRUTH

Busting on Teams? I didn’t see that. Speaking the truth about Heros Green and how Tierney treats the teams. Girls coming together and playing as a club, that is just eye candy on the website. TRUTH. Randal acting like a fool. TRUTH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TRUTH

Busting on Teams? I didn’t see that. Speaking the truth about Heros Green and how Tierney treats the teams. Girls coming together and playing as a club, that is just eye candy on the website. TRUTH. Randal acting like a fool. TRUTH

TRUTH is I don’t see your name on this post! But you have no problem posting this parent’s name. Don’t like it move to another club. M&D red looking for players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about talking with those people with your issues but no, you post this BS on an Anonymous website. Weak, truth!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you have a 26 player what team should she tryout for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was thinking the same. Who should they tryout for? All this stuff makes me nervous about switching clubs. This parent or that club does this and that. I want my daughter to be on a better team, but I don’t want all of this craziness.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about talking with those people with your issues but no, you post this BS on an Anonymous website. Weak, truth!

BS? What is BS about it? Heros Green eating their own to make sure they don’t lose again to White? Or Randal is obnoxious? No BS. All True.

Other clubs move kids up and down. It’s club and part of it. HOWEVER, parents in other clubs actually cheer for their other teams. Green would never do that at 26 age bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was thinking the same. Who should they tryout for? All this stuff makes me nervous about switching clubs. This parent or that club does this and that. I want my daughter to be on a better team, but I don’t want all of this craziness.

All of the top teams have craziness. You just need to pick the one you can stomach the most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can not escape it in girl’s club lacrosse. Every team has their parent issues. Ignore the noise, focus on your daughter, and go anywhere but Heros.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try Skywalkers .. non parent coaches who know what they are doing. Your kid will get recruited even from the white teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try Skywalkers .. non parent coaches who know what they are doing. Your kid will get recruited even from the white teams.

Not many high level kids from white at SW. lots of d3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed SW white sends a lot of players to D3, D2 and lower D1 programs and you can say the same for M&D Red. The truth is not everyone has the skills to attend a top 20 D1 program so these are 2 decent club options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed SW white sends a lot of players to D3, D2 and lower D1 programs and you can say the same for M&D Red. The truth is not everyone has the skills to attend a top 20 D1 program so these are 2 decent club options.

Look at the 2022 recruits to see what clubs send their players where. Lots has changed the past two recruiting classes and not because of Covid. Lots of kids recruited to top D1 from other areas of the country - not just the hot beds. Playing for the top Maryland clubs is no longer a guarantee of a top D1 spot. Lots of super talented players in the Maryland area 2022 class have gone Top D2 and Top D3 instead. I would say M&D 22 Black is the only local club that had a lot of players going to top programs. Many of the other top clubs in the area still have many players without homes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the 2022 recruits to see what clubs send their players where. Lots has changed the past two recruiting classes and not because of Covid. Lots of kids recruited to top D1 from other areas of the country - not just the hot beds. Playing for the top Maryland clubs is no longer a guarantee of a top D1 spot. Lots of super talented players in the Maryland area 2022 class have gone Top D2 and Top D3 instead. I would say M&D 22 Black is the only local club that had a lot of players going to top programs. Many of the other top clubs in the area still have many players without homes.
the entire SW 22 Blue team is going to D1..all 20 girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the top teams have craziness. You just need to pick the one you can stomach the most.
This is the most accurate statement to date on Back of the Cage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of Heros 2022 is going D1. Play for the top 3 clubs on Black, Green, or Blue and you will be going D1 if you want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of Heros 2022 is going D1. Play for the top 3 clubs on Black, Green, or Blue and you will be going D1 if you want.
Incorrect. All of Heros 22 is not going D1. The team is not 100% recruited. Only SW is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect. All of Heros 22 is not going D1. The team is not 100% recruited. Only SW is.

Which is odd because I consider SW the weakest of the big three. They can't compete at the 27 or 28 levels. I guess they will get better each year, prob take the back end of M&D and Hero's too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Girl, but she has been out for over a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW is the best club in the area in terms of getting their girls recruited. And I'm the parent of a former M&D player that is going to a high end D1 school. YJ and SW are the best without question when it comes to pushing their girls to schools. As has been said here several times, it makes no difference what teams are good in middle school. By the time they get to 11th grade it is rinse and repeat in terms of commitments. SW and M&D are 1 and 1a. Hero's usually lags behind a little but not every year as with the 22s. Was definitely the case with the 19s-21s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW is the best club in the area in terms of getting their girls recruited. And I'm the parent of a former M&D player that is going to a high end D1 school. YJ and SW are the best without question when it comes to pushing their girls to schools. As has been said here several times, it makes no difference what teams are good in middle school. By the time they get to 11th grade it is rinse and repeat in terms of commitments. SW and M&D are 1 and 1a. Hero's usually lags behind a little but not every year as with the 22s. Was definitely the case with the 19s-21s.

I'm a little green here, but if your playing in the A brackets, and going against the top clubs, won't you get recruited as long as you are performing? What does the club do better than others? I mean plenty of clubs in the state get D1 commits right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a little green here, but if your playing in the A brackets, and going against the top clubs, won't you get recruited as long as you are performing? What does the club do better than others? I mean plenty of clubs in the state get D1 commits right?

Club contacts and relationships have A TON to do with which girls go to which schools. The coaches are watching the girls play but they're also talking to the club coaches and directors about players constantly. Carol Rose is the best in the biz at getting her girls recruited. There's no question about it. The McLaughlin's and Robinson's are very good as well. This is why players flock to these clubs at the high school level. There are plenty of other clubs in the area that play in A brackets that don't come close in terms of D1 commits that the top 3 in the area do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club contacts and relationships have A TON to do with which girls go to which schools. The coaches are watching the girls play but they're also talking to the club coaches and directors about players constantly. Carol Rose is the best in the biz at getting her girls recruited. There's no question about it. The McLaughlin's and Robinson's are very good as well. This is why players flock to these clubs at the high school level. There are plenty of other clubs in the area that play in A brackets that don't come close in terms of D1 commits that the top 3 in the area do.

I guess my thought is, is that due to talent of the players or the relationship with club directors?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess my thought is, is that due to talent of the players or the relationship with club directors?

The directors definitely play a huge part in it. The directors put pressure on coaches to offer their kids. I've been told this directly by several coaches. Carol Rose is well known for it. It's why YJ had so many 2021s(5 or 6 if I remember correctly) committed prior to the recruiting rules changing and M&D and SW had a combined 1 commit at the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's both. There is a trust with college coaches in coming to see those players as well as how they turn out in college. SW is probably top dog there, from the DMV, with the current collegiate players.

TLC struggles against the big 3 but for example; however, some of the best players in the country come from there - Sarah Cooper at Cuse and Grace Haus at UF for example.

Relationships help get you looks. Especially on clubs outside of the bigger names.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's both. There is a trust with college coaches in coming to see those players as well as how they turn out in college. SW is probably top dog there, from the DMV, with the current collegiate players.

TLC struggles against the big 3 but for example; however, some of the best players in the country come from there - Sarah Cooper at Cuse and Grace Haus at UF for example.

Relationships help get you looks. Especially on clubs outside of the bigger names.
I believe the Robinson’s are out with CR primary focus on FL. I expect a big drop off starting with the 23s. Top 3/4 will go big name but rest will fall off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising 8th grade parents worried about college recruiting???? Have we lost our mind? Are we there? I hope my daughter still loves lax and doesn’t quit. From older parents, they said their daughters just quit because of this pressure. My daughter still loves lax and when the time comes for recruiting I will worry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the Robinson’s are out with CR primary focus on FL. I expect a big drop off starting with the 23s. Top 3/4 will go big name but rest will fall off.

I can tell you now, the talent on the 2027 team of M&D, they will not drop off. Currently #1 in the nation. Lots of talent. Yes, I get they are rising 7th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scott does a phenomenal job and has great relationship with coaches. M&D isn't going anywhere. SW has always done a little better in terms of getting their girls to top schools however. They will stay 1 and 1a. That's not changing just because Chris went to FL. He's been there several years now and girls are still coming to M&D. It's happening right now with the 26s as they're about to head to HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be clear, all had D1 offers. 2 girls are targeting NESCAC schools and havent committed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My God, these girls are going into 8th grade and people are worried about getting committed to college. Wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well you have to think some peoples older kids were committed in 8th grade so it makes sense ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And then decommitted by junior year. No coaches are looking at 8th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True that the college coaches aren’t looking at 8th graders but smart to get with a club now who has great recruiting power. As the parent of a 2022 who has been through the process I can assure you that the recruiting director- college coach relationships do play a significant factor in who gets recruited where. We are not from one of the top DMV clubs and my daughter’s team has always played A bracket at tournaments. She also has an excellent lacrosse resume but recruiting was a struggle - especially w Covid. Knowing what I know now I would’ve chosen a different club for her back in 8th grade. She ended up committing to a great D1 program but she could’ve gone even higher had she been with a top program. Many of her teammates eventually found great homes too but they also could’ve gone higher with the right club.

And then decommitted by junior year. No coaches are looking at 8th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to Sports Recruits here is a recruiting comparison between Skywalkers and M&D for the current 2022 recruiting class.

Players going to schools ranked in the top 5 on IWLCA' s final poll:
M&D 22 has 3 players going to top 5 schools (Two BC, and one UNC)
Skywalkers 22 has zero players going to top five schools

Players going to schools ranked in the top 10 in IWLCA's final poll:
M&D has 8 players going to top 10 ranked schools (1 Duke, 1 Florida, 3 UMD, 2 BC, 1 UNC)
Skywalkers has 3 players going to top 10 ranked schools: (2 Notre Dame, 1 Duke)

Players going to Top 25 schools in IWLCA final poll:
M&D has 14 girls going to top 25 schools
Skywalkers has 11 girls going to top 25 schools

Total recruits committed in the 2022 class:
M&D has 29 girls currently committed
Skywalkers has 22 girls currently committed

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 87 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled