BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 251 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nobody on here has disputed the Hawks position on top of the field. Even the Madlax folks have made that point clear. We have yet to see Madlax or the Hawks play The two teams up north but everyone says are the best they have to offer, 2-Way and 91 Venom. Hope we get to see those four teams tussle at NLF in July.

That would be great

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody on here has disputed the Hawks position on top of the field. Even the Madlax folks have made that point clear. We have yet to see Madlax or the Hawks play The two teams up north but everyone says are the best they have to offer, 2-Way and 91 Venom. Hope we get to see those four teams tussle at NLF in July.

Having seen Team 91, I don’t think they will be a significant opponent for the Hawks. Not on the same level. Madlax will also beat Team 91. Maybe 2way is better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holdback dads AKA the “get over it crew.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks, man. Pretty impressive showing at Naptown. No significant dispute about who is #1 anymore I think.

It’s a nice win but do you think the tournament was filled with high level teams?

Thought the talent level was very good at Naptown, lotsa great teams from all over the country- Cali/Colorado/Florida/New York and two National teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way better bring there 27 and refs for help

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When I was growing up there was a word for boys whose parents fixed it for them to compete in sports against younger kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are as smart as their kids that couldn’t make the grades. That’s the only reason to hold back right?

Agreed, lame but just beat them with little Johnny who is on age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent of a July 2007 kid… he’s 35% for for height and weight, so your hold back conversation is ridiculous in terms of weight/size making it unfair - he just has better stick work - hit the wall. Seeing the 2028 crowd, they are a particularly small class overall in my opinion, so it makes some kids stand out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent of a July 2007 kid… he’s 35% for for height and weight, so your hold back conversation is ridiculous in terms of weight/size making it unfair - he just has better stick work - hit the wall. Seeing the 2028 crowd, they are a particularly small class overall in my opinion, so it makes some kids stand out.

You are proving the point- it’s not just size. It’s physical development, coordination, hand eye. It’s cheating. Period. Go to school w the younger kids that’s fine- athletically compete on age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe little Bobby should have hit the books…

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheating … go play soccer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2028 will be holding them back if true. holdback, Reclass or prefirst..Its all the same..Getting a unfair advantage at youth level. pretty sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
July vs September 🙄 you are an stunad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does your 14 year old play 2028?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are proving the point- it’s not just size. It’s physical development, coordination, hand eye. It’s cheating. Period. Go to school w the younger kids that’s fine- athletically compete on age

So if a kid is a July birthday then they should play up? Or down? What’s the cutoff? A kid born in August playing “down” is cheating but a kid born in September playing “on age” is all good? Even though they’re 8 months older than a May birthday? We can go in circles all day...

If a kid is in middle school and the parents decide to hold him back to have an advantage in lacrosse then that’s nonsense. I don’t think that happens enough for it to dominate these forums.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if a kid is a July birthday then they should play up? Or down? What’s the cutoff? A kid born in August playing “down” is cheating but a kid born in September playing “on age” is all good? Even though they’re 8 months older than a May birthday? We can go in circles all day...

If a kid is in middle school and the parents decide to hold him back to have an advantage in lacrosse then that’s nonsense. I don’t think that happens enough for it to dominate these forums.

Agreed-- just the typical excuse when certain teams lose, instead of just giving the other team credit for being good/having talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s tiring listening to this holdback idea over, and over, and over again. For the record, my kid just turned 11–he’s VERY young for 2028. Officially, the cutoff is August 31 for age-based lacrosse. So, kids who are “on age” should be 11, getting ready to turn 12 Sept 1. If they’re already 12, they’re technically “held back.” If they’re an old 11, they’re still legit 2028.

Would I rather my kid was a Sept birthday Vs May? Of course... go read The Outliers. Great book that addresses this. But as it is, Lacrosse is primarily a grade- based sport. Get over it. There would be kids that are up to 364 days older than yours if it were age based, so be it. My kid is likely younger than 80-90% of the kids in this 2028 level, but it makes him better. Swim or sink.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s tiring listening to this holdback idea over, and over, and over again. For the record, my kid just turned 11–he’s VERY young for 2028. Officially, the cutoff is August 31 for age-based lacrosse. So, kids who are “on age” should be 11, getting ready to turn 12 Sept 1. If they’re already 12, they’re technically “held back.” If they’re an old 11, they’re still legit 2028.

Would I rather my kid was a Sept birthday Vs May? Of course... go read The Outliers. Great book that addresses this. But as it is, Lacrosse is primarily a grade- based sport. Get over it. There would be kids that are up to 364 days older than yours if it were age based, so be it. My kid is likely younger than 80-90% of the kids in this 2028 level, but it makes him better. Swim or sink.

The reality is kids getting held back removes opportunity for kids who are on age, period.

I think those that hold their kids back should own it but they don’t. They talk about how good their kids are, others should get over it etc.

Just own the fact that your kid wasn’t smart enough for school or athletic enough for 2027 because that’s what you actually think when you hold them back.

Otherwise just be quiet, my kid is good enough and smart enough even though he’s a year younger!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reality is kids getting held back removes opportunity for kids who are on age, period.

I think those that hold their kids back should own it but they don’t. They talk about how good their kids are, others should get over it etc.

Just own the fact that your kid wasn’t smart enough for school or athletic enough for 2027 because that’s what you actually think when you hold them back.

Otherwise just be quiet, my kid is good enough and smart enough even though he’s a year younger!

What an absolute fool you are. I wasn’t thinking about lacrosse or if my kid could identify colors as a toddler when we decided on another year of Montessori school. The biggest factor was our family dynamic and where he fit in school with his siblings. The second factor was that he's a boy and boys develop later than girls and I wanted his frontal lobe to be more developed when he navigated a coed high school. No one cares but you that your son isn’t good enough for you. Your outlook certainly doesn’t help him. My son has played up - sometimes two years - in every sport, including lacrosse. I’ll happily own that he misses the cutoff by 44 days and that those 44 days give him an advantage. His biggest advantage though is that he’s an awesome athlete and an even better kid.

These parents who whine and complain that their sons are being held back from their true potential by summer birthday kids. “If only there were no summer birthday kids my son would really shine and be a star! Life is so unfair!”

Maybe your son’s talent and your attitude are connected.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a USA Lacrosse created problem. They have a rule that states the cut off is Sept. 1st. Make teams play by that rules. It is enforced in other sports not sure why not in lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What an absolute fool you are. I wasn’t thinking about lacrosse or if my kid could identify colors as a toddler when we decided on another year of Montessori school. The biggest factor was our family dynamic and where he fit in school with his siblings. The second factor was that he's a boy and boys develop later than girls and I wanted his frontal lobe to be more developed when he navigated a coed high school. No one cares but you that your son isn’t good enough for you. Your outlook certainly doesn’t help him. My son has played up - sometimes two years - in every sport, including lacrosse. I’ll happily own that he misses the cutoff by 44 days and that those 44 days give him an advantage. His biggest advantage though is that he’s an awesome athlete and an even better kid.

These parents who whine and complain that their sons are being held back from their true potential by summer birthday kids. “If only there were no summer birthday kids my son would really shine and be a star! Life is so unfair!”

Well if you held him back, he didn’t play up, he played on age. Second, by your reasoning all boys should be held back.
Your defensiveness is telling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holding back isn’t cheating in lacrosse. It’s a parental choice.

It’s just lame for parents who cite decisions to give their sons developmental advantages as youngsters (which is totally fine if you ask me) - then somehow inexplicably try to say when it comes to lacrosse it *is not* an advantage and everyone should get over it.

And on age kids who lose time to older children should just hit the wall.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s rich, the guy who holds his kid back because he’s afraid of women in school talking about how the parents of the kids who are good enough to play on age have a problem! Good one!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or you can do what my son did- play up 2 years. He was gonna have to do it in high school anyway. Gonna be fun watching him dominate as he gets back on age, and hear all the other parents complain of him "reclassing!"
lolz

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holding back isn’t cheating in lacrosse. It’s a parental choice.

It’s just lame for parents who cite decisions to give their sons developmental advantages as youngsters (which is totally fine if you ask me) - then somehow inexplicably try to say when it comes to lacrosse it *is not* an advantage and everyone should get over it.

And on age kids who lose time to older children should just hit the wall.

Exactly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bingo. 99% of these kids are held back before Kindergarten... and it had nothing to do with sports. There are also the occasional reclasses in grade school. Not many, though, it happens when they’re like 4 or 5 and not mature enough to start Kindergarten. What kid who is any good wants to leave his buddies and play with the little cretins the grade below, as he’d call them?? Not many... certainly not mine.

Get over it. When it really matters (high school), freshman will be playing with seniors and its sink or swim, whatever their age.

Hilarious, You holdback Blue Bloods feel you are so entitled . Just because your little Johnny failed Kindergarten, oops I mean did a prefirst doesn't give him the right to get an advantage in youth sports others dont same exact birthday. What should happen is, that anyone that wants, gets to play down like your little holdback Johnny. That would be the right thing to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You talk all this playing up, but reality is that your son cant compete on age. It might be your ego and sons talent with peers his age that need addressing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are playing NLF from MD besides Hawks and Madlax? When do you think the schedule will come out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that club lacrosse here is totally self reported on age/grade is done intentionally to cover up how old kids are - especially as they get older. Not the best look for the pricy privates too advertise their 20 year old high school players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't buy it. "had nothing to do with sports". Parents hold back so their child will be ahead not behind. Academics, size, maturity, sports, whatever the reason. You can't say it has nothing to do with sports, it is just not true. The truth of it is though that there is nothing anyone can do about it. There is no rule against it. Yet. It'll take a 2008 laying a dangerous hit on a 2010 who is nowhere near puberty and sending him to the ER for anything to change. It should be a rule solely because of that risk if you ask me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only when the event you are going to is a US Lacrosse sanctioned event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You talk all this playing up, but reality is that your son cant compete on age. It might be your ego and sons talent with peers his age that need addressing.

He’s not too bright, which may explain why his offspring needed to be held back.

44 days… from the oldest kid possible, really 410 days older than the youngest he would play with. Seems reasonable!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, your kids don’t get a special nod, or even a firm pat on the back come senior year because they’re “on age.” The hold backs from Kindergarten likely have an advantage, albeit one that narrows the older they get, and will likely have a better chance of playing at the next level after high school as a result of that advantage. So, keep pounding your chest that your Little Johnny is not a holdback. Congrats. Gets you zero, other than a big perch on your BOTC soap box.

Unless Johnny is an NBA player. That gets him one more year of insane money. I’m sure these are all considerations when the kids are 4-5, I mean who isn’t planning out their club lacrosse careers by then?? What a joke you guys are who keep bashing the holdbacks. Probably the same ones walking the sideline and yelling at the refs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you holdback complainers understand puberty. Boys will have an advantage in 6, 7 and maybe 8, but then, with some exceptional circumstances, boys even out in 9-10 grade.

Any “20 year old” high schooler has no advantage at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you holdback complainers understand puberty. Boys will have an advantage in 6, 7 and maybe 8, but then, with some exceptional circumstances, boys even out in 9-10 grade.

Any “20 year old” high schooler has no advantage at all

Clearly you don’t get it…

Your little Johnny will still be small or still be slow or still have issues with girls once puberty hits anyway.

You can’t save him from reality.

And all this bs about prefirst holdbacks is just that, bs. Plenty of kids changing grades now and you know it and there is only one reason now… can’t compete on age in lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is bored MD lax dad? Need some new rankings to give folks something else to yap about.

Also - looks like hoco fall league is here to stay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adrenaline Cup field weaker than hoped. Nobody from NY other than Sweetlax. NLF can’t get here soon enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be interesting to see who Nationals bring in for this tournament. The FCA, True, and NL kids helped carry them to Championship game last weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the majority of the people on here would probably agree that holding the kids back in kindergarten because he’s young for his age it’s not likely a strategic decision in order to positively impact his lacrosse career.

On the contrary, reclassed send a kid in fifth or sixth or seventh grade is very likely an effort to impact his lacrosse career. Pretty difficult to blame parents in the former scenario, but the latter scenario is one that can fairly be criticized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be interesting to see who Nationals bring in for this tournament. The FCA, True, and NL kids helped carry them to Championship game last weekend.

I figure that Nationals team will not do well here. The True kids were their best kids

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 251 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard