BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t you ask YJ how the girl from Minnesota did it ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And 1 of the NC kids has been on the team for years.

M&D/Hero's/YJ/Skywalkers all have at least a team or 2 (or more) with a few kids from out of state. It happens all of the time.

Any idea how that works? Do the out of state players train on their own and just come to tournaments or do they move to the area for June/July?

Typically they come for the summer and stay all summer - fall is a little tricky. Many of these types of players have $$$ so parents can afford to have them spend their summers in another state. Some may even board at a school like McDonogh.

One of the M&D out-of-staters is the daughter of a well-known collegiate coach. So they make it work to play for the best team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all. Looking for some advice. Posting here because This seems like more of an active group. New to girls travel, my son plays so I know the lay of the land for the boys. My daughter will be in 3rd grade next fall. Looking for a lower level girls travel team that practices somewhere near eastern suffolk north shore. Was thinking get her on a lower level team this year, or do 91’s k-3 group this year for her and a team next year. Don’t want one with too big of a commitment as she does competitive cheer which is time consuming already. Thanks. Any advice helps.

So, your daughter is a rising 3rd grader who already does "competitive" cheer and you are looking for a "low level" travel lacrosse team.... At the risk of sounding rude, may I suggest that you take a step back and evaluate your overall perspective.

91s younger teams have beat all of the Long Island teams. They are far from a lower level at this age, I’d look elsewhere if you’re looking for kids who can’t play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all. Looking for some advice. Posting here because This seems like more of an active group. New to girls travel, my son plays so I know the lay of the land for the boys. My daughter will be in 3rd grade next fall. Looking for a lower level girls travel team that practices somewhere near eastern suffolk north shore. Was thinking get her on a lower level team this year, or do 91’s k-3 group this year for her and a team next year. Don’t want one with too big of a commitment as she does competitive cheer which is time consuming already. Thanks. Any advice helps.

So, your daughter is a rising 3rd grader who already does "competitive" cheer and you are looking for a "low level" travel lacrosse team.... At the risk of sounding rude, may I suggest that you take a step back and evaluate your overall perspective.

91s younger teams have beat all of the Long Island teams. They are far from a lower level at this age, I’d look elsewhere if you’re looking for kids who can’t play.

Oh Brother.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hi all. Looking for some advice. Posting here because This seems like more of an active group. New to girls travel, my son plays so I know the lay of the land for the boys. My daughter will be in 3rd grade next fall. Looking for a lower level girls travel team that practices somewhere near eastern suffolk north shore. Was thinking get her on a lower level team this year, or do 91’s k-3 group this year for her and a team next year. Don’t want one with too big of a commitment as she does competitive cheer which is time consuming already. Thanks. Any advice helps.

Look up the scores... there isn’t a single Long Island team whose beat the 2029 group. I don’t have a kid on the team but anyone who has an kid in elementary school has seen them play at local tournaments.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hi all. Looking for some advice. Posting here because This seems like more of an active group. New to girls travel, my son plays so I know the lay of the land for the boys. My daughter will be in 3rd grade next fall. Looking for a lower level girls travel team that practices somewhere near eastern suffolk north shore. Was thinking get her on a lower level team this year, or do 91’s k-3 group this year for her and a team next year. Don’t want one with too big of a commitment as she does competitive cheer which is time consuming already. Thanks. Any advice helps.

Look up the scores... there isn’t a single Long Island team whose beat the 2029 group. I don’t have a kid on the team but anyone who has an kid in elementary school has seen them play at local tournaments.

I usually disagree with these types of posts but I looked it up as suggested and I’d have to agree here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are our 24 kids thinking of doing for tryouts? Is everyone staying? Are people planning to move? Anyone on a team they’re leaving that others should avoid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are our 24 kids thinking of doing for tryouts? Is everyone staying? Are people planning to move? Anyone on a team they’re leaving that others should avoid?

Don’t jump for an opportunity to win more but play less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We signed our daughter up to tryout for 91. Our main concern is that if she doesn’t make the A team with the director she doesn’t want to move teams. For us it’s a gamble if she makes the Tilts team. If she doesn’t, we will be staying with our current program. We have no interest in playing for one of their other 24 coaches no offense to them but they don’t have what we’re looking for to make us leave a top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trying out for yellow jackets hopefully we win and play more

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I meant get on the field more. Just cause you on the team doesn’t mean you will play same amount but the t shirts are nice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I meant get on the field more. Just cause you on the team doesn’t mean you will play same amount but the t shirts are nice

Leaving icon and making the rounds to a few different programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has Coach Tilts been confirmed as the A team coach for the 2024’s? The last I heard that was not the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tee shirts are nice, but if your daughter is not a contributor to the win, its meaningless, and gets old real fast!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has Coach Tilts been confirmed as the A team coach for the 2024’s? The last I heard that was not the case.

According to a friend of a parent on the team Spallina told the girls at winter sessions that they were staying with Tilts as an A team. I also know from the same family that they’ve called owners of 91 and asked specifically when deciding if they were returning this year who the A team coach would be.

The article announcing her a director came out so there seems to be more evidence that they’re pleased with her or they wouldn’t have promoted her. Again, just speculation from from what I know from family friends with kids on that team. Girls on that team will leave the program if they aren’t with her. Not to mention that their is so much positivity that surrounds this young lady that she brings in business for them. She’s making them money. Let’s not be fooled that every club team is a money game and she surely can make it for them.

As a business owner ninety one would be foolish to lose an entire group of kids by hiring new coaches who are not part of the original club who have no record of bringing a team through highschool. Strictly as a business owner I cannot fathom why would they trust a group of coaches who have never been part of the club who are also all parents of players. Very few families want to play for daddy and mommy coaches. The only non-parent coach bandits has to offer is one girl who coaches bandits B team. Let’s say that half that team leaves, plus the kids Tilts is bringing in from her private lessons you’re looking at them losing 50 grand no mistake here that they won’t let that happen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if she isn’t the a coach they wont have real a team because she could be a c team coach and I’d still put my daughter on her team so good luck to whoever else they’d choose because they will get whoever is leftover who doesn’t request to play for her

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team do you think doesn’t give good playing time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U do realize most of our YJ teams already have over 24 kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U do realize most of our YJ teams already have over 24 kids

They could potentially cut kids no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if she isn’t the a coach they wont have real a team because she could be a c team coach and I’d still put my daughter on her team so good luck to whoever else they’d choose because they will get whoever is leftover who doesn’t request to play for her

who r the other 24 coaches & why do you not like them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We made the mistake of leaving a lower team last year for a bigger name team for my kid to sit the bench she is definitely weaker then the other kids but the grass is not always greener

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is by far the biggest program & does the most for the largest amount of girls; so it makes sense that they have more involved. Hopefully, your club steps up & provides valve

DIRECTORS
Matt Maloney – Bayport Blue Point Assistant Coach

Ryan Gick – Bayport Blue Point Head Coach

Steve Levy – East Islip Head Coach

Tommy Zummo – Islip Assistant Coach

Carol Rose & Tracy Weiner – Long Island Director

Any questions please contact: nysrclacrosse@gmail.com or 631-553-2398

COACHES
2022: Bri Arthur, was @ Canisius College

2023: Jess Volpe, Harborfields Head Coach

2024: Alexis Curcio, Northport Head Coach

2025: Al Bertelone, Mt Sinai Head Coach

this cannot be serious you really think that they’re giving you so much? Huge rosters. If you add everything together it’s more expensive than other clubs and you need to pay extra for recruiting help. All that she gives you is a name on your back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are on empire bengals and plan to stay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is by far the biggest program & does the most for the largest amount of girls; so it makes sense that they have more involved. Hopefully, your club steps up & provides valve

DIRECTORS
Matt Maloney – Bayport Blue Point Assistant Coach

Ryan Gick – Bayport Blue Point Head Coach

Steve Levy – East Islip Head Coach

Tommy Zummo – Islip Assistant Coach

Carol Rose & Tracy Weiner – Long Island Director

Any questions please contact: nysrclacrosse@gmail.com or 631-553-2398

COACHES
2022: Bri Arthur, was @ Canisius College

2023: Jess Volpe, Harborfields Head Coach

2024: Alexis Curcio, Northport Head Coach

2025: Al Bertelone, Mt Sinai Head Coach

this cannot be serious you really think that they’re giving you so much? Huge rosters. If you add everything together it’s more expensive than other clubs and you need to pay extra for recruiting help. All that she gives you is a name on your back

They are notorious though for being evaluators for these events which is unfair to other kids but a smart move on their end

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who r the other 24 coaches & why do you not like them?

My experience is only with one of them who was a yellow jackets coach and got the boot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O'sullivan took Weiner to a Braveheart?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is zero chance this is true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s true

Then it’s likely because the top ten players on weiner are at UA150 yesterday and today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was over the weekend… lax for the cure..they were all there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No all Weiners players were on the field this was Sunday not Monday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s true great game to watch. Both teams left it all on the field. Weiner beat them in a brave heart 4-3. O’Sullivans team had to play a man down in the brave heart cause of a penalty at the end of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goes to show you how tough all 4 of the 24 yellow jacket teams are! Playoff games at lax for the cure are very short. Weiner had to play 4 playoff games to win it all. Congrats to the Weiner team for being the champions of the very prestigious lax for the cure tournament! I’m sure when the rankings come out today they will be ranked number one in the country! Well deserved!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s true great game to watch. Both teams left it all on the field. Weiner beat them in a brave heart 4-3. O’Sullivans team had to play a man down in the brave heart cause of a penalty at the end of the game.

These playoff games and brackets don't actually lead to true championship games. O'Sullivan played weak teams all day while Weiner battled it out against the top ten teams in the country....of course they are exhausted when they play a team who played in the lowest bracket. What a JOKE. O'Sullivan, get off this website your team is a D team for a reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These playoff games and brackets don't actually lead to true championship games. O'Sullivan played weak teams all day while Weiner battled it out against the top ten teams in the country....of course they are exhausted when they play a team who played in the lowest bracket. What a JOKE. O'Sullivan, get off this website your team is a D team for a reason.
Just to show how wrong your comments are I haven’t seen anyone post a negative comment towards the Weiner team but your all huffy and puffy. Plus even more of the fact you have no clue how this tournament works In your own words you said Weiner had to battle it out all day. So why do you think they were given the match up vs the winner of the O’Sullivan bracket. That’s how the tournament balances out. Since the A teams have tougher competition they are supposed to get either a bye or a push over team in the first round. How about just recognizing that is good for the club that 3 out of the 4 YJ teams made it into the playoffs no matter what bracket they were in instead of always tearing it apart. If you are a Weiner parent you should be proud of the organization and your team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did almost every YJ Weiner girl leave UA 150 a day early? Does anyone know why they didn't they stick around for the second day?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one of the best 24s at UA 150 is on the YJ Kildare team. she played against my daughter's UA150 team and she was a beast. she made the UA 150 all tourney team along with a player from the YJ Weiner team. I'm not from Long Island so I don't understand how or why this girl is on the Kildare team but I'm guessing she will be moving up soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one of the best 24s at UA 150 is on the YJ Kildare team. she played against my daughter's UA150 team and she was a beast. she made the UA 150 all tourney team along with a player from the YJ Weiner team. I'm not from Long Island so I don't understand how or why this girl is on the Kildare team but I'm guessing she will be moving up soon.

Sure you're not from LI. Thanks for letting us know Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most left because it was a heat wave. Girls won the lax for the cure and most played most of the games at Under Armour 150. I guess you must’ve had to stay in order to get the all star recognition. Most of the girls are trying out for American select today. That’s a lot of lacrosse in a short period of time. Especially, that most of the girls played in the playoffs for the high school division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

good job, scout.

Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard