BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the “#1” ranked YJs? Lost to a team from Georgia?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least you refer to them properly....the #1 ranked. The #1 ranked YJ’s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
At least you refer to them properly....the #1 ranked. The #1 ranked YJ’s.

Lol, not anymore! Many other teams caught up and surpassed them. They were beat by a team that lost badly to other teams and they couldn’t buy a draw. They also tried to play it safe playing weak competition and it backfired.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I disagree, it was only a close game because the wing girl for Top Gun is 6'3 and was able to gain possession off the circle with her height. That was the difference in the game. TG with all those possessions off the draw and still only won a close game! Jesters will beat Top Gun this summer! YJ will be prepared and won't let that happen! Yes i'm a YJ parent and I said it, got a problem w that?

Takes more than one tall girl! I think you should be more worried about Jesters beating you again. TG already handled them and will again if needed. Hopefully the games can stay clean. Some players need to stop cheap hits when they get frustrated. Will be a fun season, looking forward to some great lacrosse!

When is the last time TG played YJ???
believe was at Nationals when Igloo won the whole thing.
Where are those top girls from igloo now??
ohh on YJ. so basically TG and this YJ team have never played.

Some rosters may have changed, but TG has beaten both Igloo and YJ, so until a game proves otherwise, TG is the best 2023 team on LI. It's been a fun rivalry, but at this time, it's more about playing well as a team in front of college coaches. Some really talented girls on all the rosters!

TG
YJ
Legacy/Jesters
The rest

Should we go by your poll or what USA lacrosse and every other colin poll has out there?????

YJ Thorn the unanimous #1 team in the country in all 3 polls
ohhh wait you got them behind TG who is NOT in top in any of them and on average around 6-8
It’s YJ
then everyone else.

Now its Eagle Stix and everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I disagree, it was only a close game because the wing girl for Top Gun is 6'3 and was able to gain possession off the circle with her height. That was the difference in the game. TG with all those possessions off the draw and still only won a close game! Jesters will beat Top Gun this summer! YJ will be prepared and won't let that happen! Yes i'm a YJ parent and I said it, got a problem w that?

Takes more than one tall girl! I think you should be more worried about Jesters beating you again. TG already handled them and will again if needed. Hopefully the games can stay clean. Some players need to stop cheap hits when they get frustrated. Will be a fun season, looking forward to some great lacrosse!

Some rosters may have changed, but TG has beaten both Igloo and YJ, so until a game proves otherwise, TG is the best 2023 team on LI. It's been a fun rivalry, but at this time, it's more about playing well as a team in front of college coaches. Some really talented girls on all the rosters!

TG
YJ
Legacy/Jesters
The rest

Should we go by your poll or what USA lacrosse and every other colin poll has out there?????

ohhh wait you got them behind TG who is NOT in top in any of them and on average around 6-8
It’s YJ
then everyone else.

For anyone interested, here are the current 2023 Club rankings done by the power of schedule algorithm:

https://www.USCL.com/rank?y=2020&alpha=N&v=2023

Last edited by JesLax1; .
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG
YJ
Legacy/Jesters
The rest

It’s YJ
then everyone else.

For anyone interested, here are the current 2023 Club rankings done by the power of schedule algorithm:

https://www.USCL.com/rank?y=2020&alpha=N&v=2023

Sky walkers Blue took down Eagle Stix 13 to 3 this last weekend and beat M&D Black 9 to 7.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings are so important. Especially for those college coaches. They really care if you are #2 or #5 or #15. /s

Get a grip people. The only thing that matters is what actually happens on the field and quit arguing about computer rankings. Especially when they know some players are missing because some areas still had high school games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sky Walkers appeared to be the team to beat last weekend. YJ had a full team, and disappointed, team had a rough weekend. Great for Eagle Stix. Some great relentless athletes on that team who shut down YJ all over the field. Lax for the Cure should be interesting. Too bad YJ is hiding once again by not playing top teams. The YJ way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Sky Walkers appeared to be the team to beat last weekend. YJ had a full team, and disappointed, team had a rough weekend. Great for Eagle Stix. Some great relentless athletes on that team who shut down YJ all over the field. Lax for the Cure should be interesting. Too bad YJ is hiding once again by not playing top teams. The YJ way!

YJ play Sky Walkers should be a great game. TG plays Hero's, Grizzlies, M&D and Monsters. Should be a great weekend of lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax for the Cure should be interesting. The bracket that has YJ and Steps in it (the club directors teams) have 3 teams advance to the playoffs while the bracket that has M&D, Hero's, TG, Monsters and Grizzlies only have 2 advance.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches continue to shuffle around. Lots of changes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax for the Cure should be interesting. The bracket that has YJ and Steps in it (the club directors teams) have 3 teams advance to the playoffs while the bracket that has M&D, Hero's, TG, Monsters and Grizzlies only have 2 advance.

And Steps does not play any of the top teams in the group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches continue to shuffle around. Lots of changes.

what do you mean? college coaches are always moving from school to school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Lax for the Cure should be interesting. The bracket that has YJ and Steps in it (the club directors teams) have 3 teams advance to the playoffs while the bracket that has M&D, Hero's, TG, Monsters and Grizzlies only have 2 advance.

And Steps does not play any of the top teams in the group

Hopefully they can finish in the top 3 in their bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, I asked this question 3x now. Has anyone’s daughter received a post season award? If so, is there a list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi- my daughter was told by her coach on Monday of her award. Nothing more since.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USA lacrosse will announce on or around July 1. My daughter hasn’t heard anything yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAS ANYONE LOOKED AT THE SIZE OF THE PARKING LOT AT MANHASSET PARK FOR THE G8???
WHAT IS GOING ON!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, I asked this question 3x now. Has anyone’s daughter received a post season award? If so, is there a list?

The Nassau All county, AC HM and all conf were announced
they also announced the All Americans.
5 Honorable Mention AA in Nassau
9 US HS All Americans in Nassau. 3 from Manhasset, 2 GC and 4 from other conf 1 schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9 US HS All Americans in Nassau. 3 from Manhasset, 2 GC and 4 from other conf 1 schools.

Suffolk announced All County but not AA. Wonder why section XI did not hold a virtual awards ceremony. They could of easily did this and it would have been special for the girls. Another example of their lazy incompetency.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk announced All County but not AA. Wonder why section XI did not hold a virtual awards ceremony. They could of easily did this and it would have been special for the girls. Another example of their lazy incompetency.

Nassau no awards dinner is ridiculous. I don’t care if you made All conference or All American it would be nice to see the girls recognized.
When does Section 11 find out about All American???
Nassau kids know already

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG finally got to Play YJ Thorn and settle this argument once and for all. YJ and Steps found out that playing in a weak bracket was a bad idea.TG beat all but fell to Grizzlies in the championship. Great competitive weekend of lax with list of colleges in attendance!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Gun lost to CT Grizzlies… twice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Gun lost to CT Grizzlies… twice.

How did your team do?? Grizzlies is the team to beat. TG is the next one. Then....everyone else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
September first is fast approaching and college coaches could care less about which team won a game or tournament nor do the coaches care if a player is named All-Conference, All-County or All-American. College coaches do not care about HS stats or HS games in general.

College Coaches want to see players compete. They want to see players compete against the best players in the most competitive environment possible.

Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching the YJ and TG game drew a lot of college coaches who watched the top talent on Long Island compete. They weren’t concerned about the score. They wanted to see the girls compete and great talent on the field. Some girls really shined.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching the YJ and TG game drew a lot of college coaches who watched the top talent on Long Island compete. They weren’t concerned about the score. They wanted to see the girls compete and great talent on the field. Some girls really shined.

Yes, YJ draw girl won almost every time and was the best player on that team, surprised with all those possessions they didn't do better.. TG had a few girls who controlled the game and could really shoot well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, YJ draw girl won almost every time and was the best player on that team, surprised with all those possessions they didn't do better.. TG had a few girls who controlled the game and could really shoot well.

Against the SE girl and the TG wings? I find that hard to believe!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I cant believe this tread. My daughter proudly plays on top guns. Playing on the top gun team she has become a way better lax player. She has learned to play unselfishly as a team player. Because of the great coaching and talent of players on her team she is hoping to be recruited and enjoys the game at a higher level. Yes we lost a great player, yes we have many more to step right up. Our team is still solid! . If her team loses to YJ I will be proud and if they win I will be proud. Yes we want to win! There are so many talented players on LI they have to play on different teams to all get playing time. As a community its embarrassing we cant acknowledge Jesters improvement and welcome them as a new contender. Acknowledge Legacy for their rise to the rankings. We should be happy LI can have four strong teams and represent ! If they play a solid game without mistakes be proud they won and they shouldn't have to feel like losers became they lost a game. Most people on here should be embarrassed with their comments and be happy to watch their child play good lax! In my opinion Top Guns hands down best team and best program - my daughter plays for them proudly!

Top guns are hands down the best team.
Apparently, you don’t follow the scores and polls.
YJ hasn’t lost a game since the merger. Not one game.
Beat the old #1 M&D 4 times while TG went 1-2 against them.

What polls are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I cant believe this tread. My daughter proudly plays on top guns. Playing on the top gun team she has become a way better lax player. She has learned to play unselfishly as a team player. Because of the great coaching and talent of players on her team she is hoping to be recruited and enjoys the game at a higher level. Yes we lost a great player, yes we have many more to step right up. Our team is still solid! . If her team loses to YJ I will be proud and if they win I will be proud. Yes we want to win! There are so many talented players on LI they have to play on different teams to all get playing time. As a community its embarrassing we cant acknowledge Jesters improvement and welcome them as a new contender. Acknowledge Legacy for their rise to the rankings. We should be happy LI can have four strong teams and represent ! If they play a solid game without mistakes be proud they won and they shouldn't have to feel like losers became they lost a game. Most people on here should be embarrassed with their comments and be happy to watch their child play good lax! In my opinion Top Guns hands down best team and best program - my daughter plays for them proudly!

Top guns are hands down the best team.
Apparently, you don’t follow the scores and polls.
YJ hasn’t lost a game since the merger. Not one game.
Beat the old #1 M&D 4 times while TG went 1-2 against them.

What polls are you referring to?

YJ just lost handily to TG, what are you talking about?

User
User

I can tell you with 100% certainty that college coaches don’t care about the score. They are watching individual players. They are also watching the players parents. So when you’re on the sideline screaming at your kid, please know we see you too and you may be the reason your kid doesn’t get a call. Best bet is BE QUIET and enjoy the game!

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Spelling

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

I can tell you with 100% certainty that college coaches don’t care about the score. They are watching individual players. They are also watching the players parents. So when you’re on the sideline screaming at your kid, please know we see you too and you may be the reason your kid doesn’t get a call. Best bet is BE QUIET and enjoy the game!

Who was screaming? I though the parents were very respectful on my end. I think the point is that the YJ Thorn team has been claiming how great they were for years, they even merged with two other teams to get better. Their best player is a former igloo player. We all know that none of this matter in terms of recruiting, it's just that the YJ '23 group needs to give it a rest and admit they can't compete with TG'23, the he best team on LI in this age group. Was nice to finally see this put to rest this weekend.

User
User

Who was screaming? I though the parents were very respectful on my end. I think the point is that the YJ Thorn team has been claiming how great they were for years, they even merged with two other teams to get better. Their best player is a former igloo player. We all know that none of this matter in terms of recruiting, it's just that the YJ '23 group needs to give it a rest and admit they can't compete with TG'23, the he best team on LI in this age group. Was nice to finally see this put to rest this weekend.

I’m not saying you or anyone specific to this particular TG v YJ game was screaming. Generally speaking, if anyone involved in travel lacrosse wants their kid to be recruited I suggest you read my post above. As I read a lot of the immature comments and hear out of control parents on the sidelines I’m reminded of SEVERAL talented players that have been passed on because of their parents actions. You never know who’s watching at these tournaments. Take it or leave it...your choice

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Against the SE girl and the TG wings? I find that hard to believe!

No, different girl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not saying you or anyone specific to this particular TG v YJ game was screaming. Generally speaking, if anyone involved in travel lacrosse wants their kid to be recruited I suggest you read my post above. As I read a lot of the immature comments and hear out of control parents on the sidelines I’m reminded of SEVERAL talented players that have been passed on because of their parents actions. You never know who’s watching at these tournaments. Take it or leave it...your choice

And they forget - coaches talk. Especially when it is in regards to crossing players off for reasons like this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And they forget - coaches talk. Especially when it is in regards to crossing players off for reasons like this.

Lol, nobody was getting crossed off any lists. Girls talents spoke to the coaches watching. Parents were all well behaved last weekend. Not sure where this nonsense is coming from?

User
User
Holy mackerel! The statement is a general suggestion not based on that single game or event as was stated.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL the 23 parents are very sensitive. some have sold their soul for this moment. club lacrosse will be better off once the 23s age out. one of the most toxic groups unfortunately they collectively will prove to be college coaches headaches. just wait and see. hope TG coaches used an Uber after they celebrated. this was a bog moment for them. haven't beaten YJ in a long time and from looking at the younger grades, they may never beat YJ ever again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL the 23 parents are very sensitive. some have sold their soul for this moment. club lacrosse will be better off once the 23s age out. one of the most toxic groups unfortunately they collectively will prove to be college coaches headaches. just wait and see. hope TG coaches used an Uber after they celebrated. this was a bog moment for them. haven't beaten YJ in a long time and from looking at the younger grades, they may never beat YJ ever again.

lol, TG has NEVER lost to YJ, this was no different. Was the expected outcome, sorry no upset like you were hoping for, but fun game nevertheless. That being said, talented girls on both teams, some may wind up being college teammates. It's been a great rivalry!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]LOL the 23 parents are very sensitive. some have sold their soul for this moment. club lacrosse will be better off once the 23s age out. one of the most toxic groups unfortunately they collectively will prove to be college coaches headaches. just wait and see. hope TG coaches used an Uber after they celebrated. this was a bog moment for them. haven't beaten YJ in a long time and from looking at the younger grades, they may never beat YJ ever again.

In this age group TG has beaten YJ every time they played. How did the YJ coaches leave the field by bus? They only had 6 coaches on the sideline for a meaningless game unless they won of course. Then the score would have mattered.

Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard