BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,558
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 69 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't understand how strength of schedule factors into this ranking. Most of these teams have played each other enough to provide an implied ranking. How one team played against a team that no one else has played really doesn't matter.

There is no "understanding" the ranking. Its ridiculous! It is one mans opinion based on the fall schedule. Terps Black lost to TB once & then beat them once in a tournamnet held in March. They have not played Gladiators, (oh wait, some of them did while playing on another Terps team but, lost, so that doesnt matter) they have not played 91, nor Outlaws but, daddy is still stamping his feet & saying Terps Black is #2 on LI! The whole thing is a joke. Let the summer play out & even then, it does not even matter. These boys have tremendous talent & they all respect eachother. The parents are crazy!!!

Terps Black played Gladiators twice in OBLL - 1 win, 1 loss. Terps lost to the Gladiators in the Lax Splash final.

Pretty sure terps black played their first games together this past weekend. Anything prior to that, including any spring games, was optional. Those that also played hs ball had to put that first and couldn't commit to travel. So I'm not understanding where or how these rankings can be justified. That being said, the blacks had some tough competition last weekend and look forward to the challenge of upping their game.

This is silly, what you said about black terms "together for the first time" could be said about any travel team. Just stop with the excuses for you black terms dads. It is either the refs were tired or they have not played together etc.

What are you going to say at the next black terms loss, "it was too hot out" c'mon man...

It goes back to what was said weeks ago...."when they win its Terps black if they lose it is just the regular Terps. "

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Big Time Shootout: Entering 9A
Group 1: I pick NE Storm or Bulldog to come out on top. If Team LI is really U13, they will have a tough time against older boys. CPLax is a new team and does not have a lot of depth. Prime Time (think John Jay) can be good but I am going with the private school boys from NE Storm. This is a new team this year and they haven’t played together ever, but don’t think anyone else in this group has either. Bulldog is also a strong CT club. Don't know Team Turnpike.
Group 2 seems to have the stronger teams. Team Superstar wasn't good last year - don't expect them to be any better this year. Played Wolverines in OBYLL, they won't last. Don't know 3 Tribes but prior discussion would have me believe they won't be a factor. That leaves TB, Bolts and Patriots. I believe these are the strongest teams in this age group. Bolts lost to (an older?) Patriots team in a close game at this same tournament last year. This is the Bolts first tourney and they haven’t played together this spring. However the team that returns is the same as last year and they won several tournaments last summer and were beating older aged teams by the end of the summer. On the other hand, TB has been playing together all spring and based upon earlier discussion has been doing well. I’ve never seen TB play. I believe Patriots won this age group last year and went on to win a bunch of other tournaments last summer. If the same team returns they will be a factor. I’ll pick Patriots vs NE Storm in the final with Patriots winning it. Either way, it will be a great day of lacrosse. Good luck to all teams. (I’m not involved in any of these teams but would like to see the Bolts win it. Please post some scores!)
PS. Lets stop talking about the Terps/Terps Black. Its getting old!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand how strength of schedule factors into this ranking. Most of these teams have played each other enough to provide an implied ranking. How one team played against a team that no one else has played really doesn't matter.

There is no "understanding" the ranking. Its ridiculous! It is one mans opinion based on the fall schedule. Terps Black lost to TB once & then beat them once in a tournamnet held in March. They have not played Gladiators, (oh wait, some of them did while playing on another Terps team but, lost, so that doesnt matter) they have not played 91, nor Outlaws but, daddy is still stamping his feet & saying Terps Black is #2 on LI! The whole thing is a joke. Let the summer play out & even then, it does not even matter. These boys have tremendous talent & they all respect eachother. The parents are crazy!!!

Terps Black played Gladiators twice in OBLL - 1 win, 1 loss. Terps lost to the Gladiators in the Lax Splash final.

Pretty sure terps black played their first games together this past weekend. Anything prior to that, including any spring games, was optional. Those that also played hs ball had to put that first and couldn't commit to travel. So I'm not understanding where or how these rankings can be justified. That being said, the blacks had some tough competition last weekend and look forward to the challenge of upping their game.

This is silly, what you said about black terms "together for the first time" could be said about any travel team. Just stop with the excuses for you black terms dads. It is either the refs were tired or they have not played together etc.

What are you going to say at the next black terms loss, "it was too hot out" c'mon man...

It goes back to what was said weeks ago...."when they win its Terps black if they lose it is just the regular Terps. "

No blame passed to anyone. Our team (TERPS BLACK) won 2 on the first day and lost 1. The loss was to Wet Bandits (PA) in a very exciting overtime game where our guys loss 6-5. So our team was the 2 seed going into playoffs and lost to a team called the Baltimore Crabs 9-5.

Our team will win a few and lose a few this summer, but if you look at our summer schedule our boys will be competing against the best 2017 and 2016 teams in the country. Trueblue and Turtles can relate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Slam in NJ.
Any handicap on the NJ teams Leading Edge, Tri-State, BBL? Any ranking on the PA teams like Twist, LB3, or Fever?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this could be said about any travel team - then why bother with the rankings? Seriously... Oh yeah, back in 1999 so and so beat so and so - shouldn't that team be mentioned also. This whole thread is a joke and these parents need to get a hobby!! Half of you can't even touch your toes let alone run a block!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be honest... Survey your 8th grader and ask him who the toughest team they played...

their opinions will determine the top ranked team... my gut tells me they would rather play fl$, Terps, Outlaws than True Blue or the Gladiators

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a waste of time. Over and over the same comments. Please just set up a game and play. Then no one can say anything else. As I said when I 1st listed the rankings it is about wins and loses. No excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And we all know that crazy guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 fl$ doesnt play equal time. They favor the Wantagh kids. That is were the coach came from. Some of these kids dont even belong on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
true blue should defiantly be moved up on that last

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 fl$ doesnt play equal time. They favor the Wantagh kids. That is were the coach came from. Some of these kids dont even belong on the team.

That doesn't surprise me with fl$.
The 2019 team has FIVE kids from the same elementary school.
Looks like favoritism.
Who would want to spend good money on try out fees with such organized behavior???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Slam in NJ.
Any handicap on the NJ teams Leading Edge, Tri-State, BBL? Any ranking on the PA teams like Twist, LB3, or Fever?

Saw BBL over the weekend, they beat up on the Gladiators pretty good and lost to Patriot (Another NJ team) in the finals. They are very good, I think Patriot and BBL are the best two Jersey teams out there. Tri State is also pretty good as is STEPS. Not sure on Twist, LB3 or Fever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That doesn't surprise me with fl$.
The 2019 team has FIVE kids from the same elementary school.
Looks like favoritism.
Who would want to spend good money on try out fees with such organized behavior???

2018 team weaker than last year, practice once a week. No training, talent was down graded in many spots due too GC and CSH ties. We are not too happy this year...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Slam in NJ.

Saw BBL over the weekend, they beat up on the Gladiators pretty good and lost to Patriot (Another NJ team) in the finals. They are very good, I think Patriot and BBL are the best two Jersey teams out there. Tri State is also pretty good as is STEPS. Not sure on Twist, LB3 or Fever.

Leading Edge team is weak, BBL decent, Tri-State all depends on which team they take, top team is decent...regarding PA teams, LB3 weak, Fever is pretty good and Twist inconsistent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Slam in NJ.

Agree generally with your NJ ranking. Patriot, BBL, STEPS and Tri-State Black are probably the best 4 in NJ right now. They will likely play each other (at least the first three in the Jersey Shootout/Patriot's tournament) later this year. These teams are competitive with the top LI teams (not saying they can beat all of them) with the exception of Turtles from what I have seen. The difference with LI and NJ is that LI has more depth of quality teams at this age group whereas in NJ it drops off after the top 4-5 teams considerably.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyalty ? I heard the Wantagh coach walked away from his own team ( hotshots ) that he started up ! To come to fl$ for a better payday. Loyalty is not in his vocabulary !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles play True Blue in first game of tournament this weekend at Mitchel Field.

Umm, thats not the Turtles, its the Wolverines which is the Express D team at the 2017 level. Should be an interesting game.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Slam in NJ.

Jesters Black lost to Patriot 9-6 in the semifinals. Very hard fought and competitive game. Patriot has a couple of really big, strong and fast middies who can dominate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any experience with any of these teams?

True Michigan
CNY Roadhawks
Laxachussetts Yellow
House of Sports Black

All those teams are in the 2017 A bracket at the laxfest this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles play True Blue in first game of tournament this weekend at Mitchel Field.

Umm, thats not the Turtles, its the Wolverines which is the Express D team at the 2017 level. Should be an interesting game.......

Umm, its the Turtles probably playing TB 2016 since the bracket is JV A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedule clearly says Tenacious Turtles so you don't know what you're talking about. They play True Blue in the JV A division this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any experience with any of these teams?

True Michigan
CNY Roadhawks
Laxachussetts Yellow
House of Sports Black

All those teams are in the 2017 A bracket at the laxfest this weekend.

Assuming this is their A team, CNY Roadhawks is probably the best team from upstate NY (think Syracuse area) and has put a lot of their players in top D1 schools over the years. Haven't seen their 2017 team, but the club is typically strong. Laxachussetts is also a very strong club (think Duxbury area) but the Black team is their A team not Yellow. I know nothing about the two other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haven't seen any of these teams play. For what its worth:

House of Sports is a 1st year program in Westchester NY.

Laxachusettes usually has good teams, but don't know where Yellow ranks.

CNY Roadhawks are from Syracuse often with Jamesville-Dewitt players. Could be good.

Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anybody have the 411 on the CNY Roadhawks we play them Saturday thx for help

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red Division: White Division: Blue Division: Green Division:
Breakers Madlax-Capital VLC Crabs
Club Blue Hawks 2017 FCA Blue Predator
Madlax-Rock Philly Freedom Tar Heel LC Greene Turtle
Fearless Mavericks

Greene Turtle Invitational U15 AA in Baltiore this weekend, 8 very solid Club programs competing...need to see more of this on Long Island. Better yet, like to see LI's best vs the best in Maryland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's really a shame that the Turtles, Terps Black, True Blue A, 91 Orange, and Gladiators don't all play in the same tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I surgets that they play each other. Tired of hereing the Gladiators dad crying all the time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedule clearly says Tenacious Turtles so you don't know what you're talking about. They play True Blue in the JV A division this weekend.

So who is the team is 9A playing the Wolverines? I guess the True Blue "B" team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So who is the team is 9A playing the Wolverines? I guess the True Blue "B" team?

Probably the True Blue 2017 A team. The Turtles are playing up so they are most likely playing True Blue 2016 A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue 2017 is playing Express Wolverines, True Blue 2016 is playing Tenacious Turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]True Blue 2017 is playing Express Wolverines, True Blue 2016 is playing Tenacious Turtles. [/quote

True Blue A is playing the Wolverines? Ouch........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the Express Wolverine team? is that one of the top teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I surgets you go back to skool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the Express Wolverine team? is that one of the top teams?

Express 2017 depth chart:

A. Turtles
B. Terps Black
C. Terps
D. Wolverines
E. Piranas

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]True Blue 2017 is playing Express Wolverines, True Blue 2016 is playing Tenacious Turtles. [/quote

Wait, wasn't it said that TB plays the tough schedule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take True Blue and the over.........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh boy, TB is not a playing a so called tough team, start the bashing..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]oh boy, TB is not a playing a so called tough team, start the bashing.. [/quote

Lucky they are not playing 3V!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take True Blue and the over.........

I mean, why even bother playing the game!.......................no, wait. I meant to say that you're an azz.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction Express 2017 depth chart:

A. Turtles
B. Terps Black
C. Terps