BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 112 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can’t say what happened as I don’t know much about Coppermine but 4 of those 5 losses were against the three best teams in the country- twice to M&D, Hero’s and BLC. They seem good just not at that top level yet. Curious what changes with all teams after tryouts. Does M&D go to two teams? Will some middle level teams pick up those 2 or 3 players that allow them to compete for the NGLL championship? Will Hero’s get better than they already are? We’ll see after tryouts and Mid-Atlantic.

Yeah, I get losing to top teams, but losing by that much? 16-4 loss to Hero's in a 44 min game. 15-4 to BLC? NGLL they lost 6-5 to BLC. So what happened? They must be down a few top players.

Tryouts are going to shake things up. There has to be girls on M&D and Hero's Green not happy with playing time. I'm going to assume Skywalkers will get much better.

There are a handful of Hero's White players who would play on a top-5 club team. Wonder if they realize that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I learned from Cure. M&D is the clear #1 with Hero’s #2 and Maryland Lacrosse the best in the country. Aces and BLC are right behind both of them and hard to tell who is better since they didn’t play. Remember BLC only loss to M&D and Hero’s. After those 4 there is a big gap between the rest. Coppermine looked good the week before but obviously are not ready for this next level after this weekend. YJ, Monsters and Grizzlies are back there with Coppermine. Not sure why NEMS was not playing with the others but did help help their cause against MD United in the brackets. Speaking of MD United they are not there either.

YJ beat hero’s twice this month. Not as big a gap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I learned from Cure. M&D is the clear #1 with Hero’s #2 and Maryland Lacrosse the best in the country. Aces and BLC are right behind both of them and hard to tell who is better since they didn’t play. Remember BLC only loss to M&D and Hero’s. After those 4 there is a big gap between the rest. Coppermine looked good the week before but obviously are not ready for this next level after this weekend. YJ, Monsters and Grizzlies are back there with Coppermine. Not sure why NEMS was not playing with the others but did help help their cause against MD United in the brackets. Speaking of MD United they are not there either.

YJ beat hero’s twice this month. Not as big a gap.

They also lost twice to Aces, and lost to M&D, Coppermine and MD United. They are a good team, but not at that top tier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has 25 girls on the roster. i wouldn't be surprised if cuts are made, or girls look elsewhere. Not enough time for girls at the end of the roster to play in tight games. COVID is probably the blame for a big roster. I would assume the coaches didn't want to cut any girls during a covid year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has 25 girls on the roster. i wouldn't be surprised if cuts are made, or girls look elsewhere. Not enough time for girls at the end of the roster to play in tight games. COVID is probably the blame for a big roster. I would assume the coaches didn't want to cut any girls during a covid year.
Have you not looked at their other rosters? It's not just the 25's - even the 22's had 24 players

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, I don't get why one would prefer to see a little playing time on a great team, vs a lot of PT on a good team. Those girls should be looking at Skywalkers honestly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, I don't get why one would prefer to see a little playing time on a great team, vs a lot of PT on a good team. Those girls should be looking at Skywalkers honestly.

Why? Team is bad and they will just get moved to white after the mike and Molly private tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Id be looking at a very good, but shallower, NEMs team before I’d look at Skywalkers. But my guess is a few teams will benefit from M&D’s huge rosters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Team is bad and they will just get moved to white after the mike and Molly private tryouts.

Skywalkers is a great club, and obviously there is plenty of chances to play there. A few strong girls could really change that team.

NEMS, aren’t they up in Cecil County? Seems a rough ride for a Howard County kid.

Tryout season will be interesting around 2027 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS isn’t in Cecil. It’s in Harford. Right off the York/Baltimore corridor.
Just a few minutes east of I83. They feed the Harford and Baltimore County IAAM schools, mostly.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a few minutes east of I83. They feed the Harford and Baltimore County IAAM schools, mostly.
You mean Harford county and Harford county iaam school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does Skywalkers practice? They need some major overhaul to compete against the top A clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember M&D initially had two teams this year. The Red team quickly was eliminated once it was apparent it wouldn't be competitive. 4-5 girls from Red were moved to black. I expecte M&D to get back to traditional roster size next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does Skywalkers practice? They need some major overhaul to compete against the top A clubs.

Skywalkers practices at Friends School, Goucher College, and sometimes Bryn Mawr. I would take a look at the Skywalkers commitment page for the 20's and 21's. They are a legitimate organization. You can say all you want about the organization, but college coaches like their style of play. Their players go on to schools and make huge impacts on the teams in which they play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What county are Maryvale and NDP located in?

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers practices at Friends School, Goucher College, and sometimes Bryn Mawr. I would take a look at the Skywalkers commitment page for the 20's and 21's. They are a legitimate organization. You can say all you want about the organization, but college coaches like their style of play. Their players go on to schools and make huge impacts on the teams in which they play.

M&D and SW are the dominant programs in Baltimore once the girls get to HS. SW 21,22,23,24 teams are all very good. Is there a program in Baltimore that makes inroads? Coppermine perhaps with their control over facilities?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baltimore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter makes the M&D Black or Skywalkers Blue, that's great and they will most certainly get looked at by great schools. If they make their Red & White teams - be careful. They are treated completely different. Same goes for TLC Red & White.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baltimore

That’s what I thought too.
So NEMS does feed Harford and Baltimore county iaam schools. Cool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tlc is awful and should not be include in this group. Red and white get treated fine. If not happy go try and make a top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baltimore

Sorry. Thought you meant provided good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tlc is awful and should not be include in this group. Red and white get treated fine. If not happy go try and make a top team.
It's not they get mistreated. They don't even put them in the same tournaments. The white will be sent to a "less" tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore
Sorry. Thought you meant provided good players.

No problem. Lots of people new to lacrosse aren't familiar with the NEMS program:

http://www.nemslax.com/alumni.html

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) M&D Black
2) Hero's Green
3) Aces Elite

I'm not sure you can argue anyone else in the top three. To me there's a good gap there.
BLC, Yellow Jackets, at the top of the next tier. Eagle Stix and Madskillz, Coppermine, NEMs, MDU there in top 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about LTLC Legends for 27’s? Are they going to be just 27 or a combo with 26 like tryout invite I see on FB? Are they any good? Or will it be run like the soccer program by a select group of parents for the benefit of their kids? Is it even run by the same people as soccer because if so that answers anything I need to know? My daughter is currently playing for a lesser club that I can’t justify spending as much as we are based on what we are getting. Will Legends play in the same NGLL B League we played in this past season and will they play all the tournaments? Love any feedback from those with any knowledge of Legends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about LTLC Legends for 27’s? Are they going to be just 27 or a combo with 26 like tryout invite I see on FB? Are they any good? Or will it be run like the soccer program by a select group of parents for the benefit of their kids? Is it even run by the same people as soccer because if so that answers anything I need to know? My daughter is currently playing for a lesser club that I can’t justify spending as much as we are based on what we are getting. Will Legends play in the same NGLL B League we played in this past season and will they play all the tournaments? Love any feedback from those with any knowledge of Legends.

My friend's daughter played on the 2029 Legends team. They were in the B division of the NGLL and played in some lesser known summer tournaments.

Seems they are right there in the mix with other B teams. I guess the 2027 will be new for 2021-2022?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is something going on at BLC? Heard three of their 27 starters were at Pride tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They may want to rethink that. Several pride 25sleft for other clubs and who knows what the ripple effect will be. They dropped out of the mid Atlantic championships this weekend as a result.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC only goes through 8th grade. Makes sense that some girls are trying to move to other clubs now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC only goes through 8th grade. Makes sense that some girls are trying to move to other clubs now.

BLC is a disaster. Surprised it took girls this long to move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter makes the M&D Black or Skywalkers Blue, that's great and they will most certainly get looked at by great schools. If they make their Red & White teams - be careful. They are treated completely different. Same goes for TLC Red & White.

Are Red or White Players ever looked at by top schools?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be fair, SW gets more offers for its B team than any other MD club.... if you look at 22 committments it isnt even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be fair, SW gets more offers for its B team than any other MD club.... if you look at 22 committments it isnt even close.

Sorry but no scouts are looking at sixth grade or anywhere close to it. That should not be a factor at this age. Loving the game and teammates is the top list of the day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but no scouts are looking at sixth grade or anywhere close to it. That should not be a factor at this age. Loving the game and teammates is the top list of the day.

No but the longer you wait to get on a top club the harder it becomes. What you don’t want is to be on a bad club team come 9th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes It's harder to get on a "top club."

But dont worry. I'm a college coach.

Play for your hs team and with friends on whatever club you want, for as long as possible.

Just send us a film- a highlight reel and a full game. HS OR club. Against the best competition you play.

Dont let some people scare you., people. Your team "level" has no real bearing on what myself, or my colleagues are looking for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell me by "top schools" you mean high schools, and not college?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes It's harder to get on a "top club."

But dont worry. I'm a college coach.

Play for your hs team and with friends on whatever club you want, for as long as possible.

Just send us a film- a highlight reel and a full game. HS OR club. Against the best competition you play.

Dont let some people scare you., people. Your team "level" has no real bearing on what myself, or my colleagues are looking for.

So you're saying you spend as much time on your summer recruiting circuit watching SW White, M&D Red, Heros White, YJ Gold, etc games as SW Blue, M&D Black, Heros Green, YJ Blue, etc games? I find that somewhat hard to believe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. I'd actually say I personally spend more time watching those B teams because I know what I'll be getting with A level teams from SW, M&D, NEMS, Heros etc.
Of course, I'm gonna recruit the girls from the A teams, but we all know who those girls are.
My GREAT recruiting classes are really built by landing a few of those and THEN finding those girls who have submitted letters of interests and studs from B teams that people are sleeping on. I'm not wasting a ton of my time chasing some player who is getting 20 other recruiting calls per week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC has way better recruiting track record than a team like Coppermine. By high school, the best girls will be playing for the well established teams.

Page 7 of 112 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard