BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 75 of 97 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Todays games:
Mamo over Scar, by 5
L/P v Hen Hud?
Carmel v Pawling; this is almost a like an in-town rivalry. Some of Carmel's School district covers Pawling and Stormville.
Pac v Greely ?
Somers at Rye; Rye wins by 3

Mamo; 14-8 over Scar
Pac over G;
L/P at Hen Hud: well we now can conclude that something is up with LP now that two games have been canceled.

Carmel v pawling: canceled

Rye gives a big beat down on Somers 14-1, wow.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today's games:
B'cliff at JJ; it will be ugly for JJ tonight. Another 10+ deficit.

Pelham at Y; another W for Y.

Lohud.com is reporting games for tomorrow, really?

Rye at B'xville; Rye should win by 4
Mamo v P'ville: Mamo should win by 7+
Nyack at Pac; that should be an interesting game for Nyack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw some bcliff kids claiming the no.1 spot in the lohud comment section. A bit immature but also fair given they beat mamo, I would like to see a rematch now that mamo has played more than a half of lacrosse with their starters and seen a decent zone defense.

I'd like to see Mamo play Iona.

agreed. that's a good game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A, C, D tourneys really doubt we see an upset as the champion. Think 'Town has been playing well lately and they'll get Rye back.

A- Mamaroneck
B- ?
C- Briarcliff
D- Bronxville

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finals already set, I think we definitely know about mamo, bcliff, and bville, but hopefully the games will be close or entertaining. My feeling is that bville will absolutley roll in the chip. I think rye wins b, but that is the game to watch.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A, C, D tourneys really doubt we see an upset as the champion. Think 'Town has been playing well lately and they'll get Rye back.

A- Mamaroneck
B- ?
C- Briarcliff
D- Bronxville

I guess we know. Rye. Has Yorktown ever lost 3 section titles in a row?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A- Mamaroneck
B- ?
C- Briarcliff
D- Bronxville

I guess we know. Rye. Has Yorktown ever lost 3 section titles in a row?
Has the talent gap ever been more evident than tonight. Town looked mediocre at best. Bad shots, bad clears, bad turn overs. Rye comfortable cruise to a W. Still trying to understand if there was a Town coach and/or game plan. Keep losing faceoffs but dont go to a pole or double pole? Clears, awful awful awful, leading to 1 def goal and 2 others after poor clear. Settled play when their only love was off the break or broken plays, attack bad shots with no one at x, ball dying in middie sticks, etc. Congrats Rye. The spirit of Town has left the section,.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possibly moving to the Nyack area for a new job. I have a 15 year Atk/Middie/Faceoff kid who will be a Sophomore in the fall. What are some of the best lacrosse HS in the area that I should have him attend to compete for states over the next 3 years? Also, what are the best club teams in the area. Thanks in advance for the advice.

I would considered Don Bosco before any public HS in Rockland.

Top 4 clubs on the Westchester/Fairfield side are (alphabetically):
Eclipse
Predators
Prime Time
2Way

My son's a Rockland player who has played for Prime Time for years. Given the alternatives, no question PT is the best club program in the region. No B teams, all resources are focused on their one team at each level. All their teams are typically ranked in the top 10 in the country. Director knows all the families, well connected and is no nonsense. Your kid must be prepared to earn his spot every year (no Daddy coaches, all are highly qualified). Note practices are about a 45 min ride from Nyack, but any of the lesser programs are still a 30 minute drive and any reasonably comparable top program is an hour or more. Sounds like you're not from the area so note there is generally no TZ Bridge (uh em Cuomo Bridge) traffic to get to practices (evening rush hour traffic flows opposite, Westch to Rockland).

Also Nyack HS is very well coached. My son once played for their coach in another program. Top public HS teams in Rockland are usually Tappan Zee, North Rockland, Pearl River and Suffern (in no particular order)...Nyack prob the top of the next tier. None of them can compete with the top Westchester teams. Private schools are Don Bosco, Bergen Catholic & St. Josephs (all just over the NJ border). Best of luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possibly moving to the Nyack area for a new job. I have a 15 year Atk/Middie/Faceoff kid who will be a Sophomore in the fall. What are some of the best lacrosse HS in the area that I should have him attend to compete for states over the next 3 years? Also, what are the best club teams in the area. Thanks in advance for the advice.

I would considered Don Bosco before any public HS in Rockland.

Top 4 clubs on the Westchester/Fairfield side are (alphabetically):
Eclipse
Predators
Prime Time
2Way

My son's a Rockland player who has played for Prime Time for years. Given the alternatives, no question PT is the best club program in the region. No B teams, all resources are focused on their one team at each level. All their teams are typically ranked in the top 10 in the country. Director knows all the families, well connected and is no nonsense. Your kid must be prepared to earn his spot every year (no Daddy coaches, all are highly qualified). Note practices are about a 45 min ride from Nyack, but any of the lesser programs are still a 30 minute drive and any reasonably comparable top program is an hour or more. Sounds like you're not from the area so note there is generally no TZ Bridge (uh em Cuomo Bridge) traffic to get to practices (evening rush hour traffic flows opposite, Westch to Rockland).

Also Nyack HS is very well coached. My son once played for their coach in another program. Top public HS teams in Rockland are usually Tappan Zee, North Rockland, Pearl River and Suffern (in no particular order)...Nyack prob the top of the next tier. None of them can compete with the top Westchester teams. Private schools are Don Bosco, Bergen Catholic & St. Josephs (all just over the NJ border). Best of luck.

This is a very fair rundown, although the gap between the top 4 Rockland teams you mentioned and the second tier is, and will be, huge, over the next 3 years, which is your kid's window if he is a 2024. Nyack will not be competing for anything over these years - I say this knowing nothing about their coaching staff. Ironically, the top 4 teams will have shots at section 1 championships in the coming years, if for no other reason than they seem to be in the classifications that are weakest in Westchester. North Rockland and Suffern are in Class A. The only team that is scary there is Mamaroneck, and they just lost to Scarsdale, which only beat NR by 1 in the semis. Although on a different day they may blow the doors off of all these teams. Tappan Zee and Pearl River are in C. The only team that is scary there is Briarcliff and they are very small. One would think they may have to drop to D. All other top teams are in B and D. None of these teams are likely to win Sections - but they have more of a chance than one would think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I´d have to disagree about primetime being the best team. For HS certainly, but these other teams are extremely competitive and better in youth. Starting with 2024 and below, eclipse, express north, and 2way are equally as strong. With a variation for each year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I´d have to disagree about primetime being the best team. For HS certainly, but these other teams are extremely competitive and better in youth. Starting with 2024 and below, eclipse, express north, and 2way are equally as strong. With a variation for each year.

PT remains #1 and I do agree with you that the performance/talent gap is narrowing with programs like Eclipse, Preds and 2W. But LIE North has a wide spectrum of teams within Westchester/Fairfield and to many of those teams water down the success of a couple of teams.

Also, Tri-state 91 doesn't ever seem to be competing with the other programs.

The Pride looks like its starting to gain some traction and could be on the right path in becoming a stand alone A program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PT remains #1 and I do agree with you that the performance/talent gap is narrowing with programs like Eclipse, Preds and 2W. But LIE North has a wide spectrum of teams within Westchester/Fairfield and to many of those teams water down the success of a couple of teams.

The Pride looks like its starting to gain some traction and could be on the right path in becoming a stand alone A program.

We will be able truly judge PT this weekend (Tri-Star Lax Clash), following games do not include playoff matchups.

2026 Primetime v 2way,
2027 Primetime v Eclipse,
2027 Primetime v Express North Orange,
2028 Primetime v 2way,
2028 Primetime v Eclipse,
2029/30 Primetime v 2029 2way

Let's go Boys!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Primetime- Perennial and original great program in the area. Consistently ranked, placing players D1 and playing top tournaments. Top age group down they have good teams. Daniello is the grand dad of club lacrosse with contacts and a product to match the experience.

Eclipse- Darien, New Canaan, Greenwich. etc More insular program to the areas they service with very good teams. Consistently ranked in top 20, placing players D1 and playing top tournaments. All age groups have very good teams.

2way- Brunswick prep school hold back program. Starting to build momentum and sometimes play top teams, generally competing but ultimately losing. Never seen at NLF or NAL tournaments. Building something interesting for a specific market.

Preds- Lower Westchester / Rye program with some prep and other local talent. Good teams end at 2023. Place a few kids, lose big to the top programs. Program is a side hustle.

Express North- Some good AA teams at different ages but some ages have 3 maybe 4 teams which means they have a market but not necessarily talent. Play a lot, usually at big tournaments.

91 Tristate- Best teams are mediocre A teams. The rest are average B teams. Have a solid offering but can not compete against any of the above, other than EN 2nd or 3rd teams depending on age group. Only play 91 owned B tournaments.

Pride-Westchester Warriors-Ballers all good B programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep in mind Prime Time entered the discussion in the context of a guy saying he was moving to Nyack (or thereabouts) and looking for insight into the local scene. I don't know that the CT programs were considered by the poster when responding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Primetime- Perennial and original great program in the area. Consistently ranked, placing players D1 and playing top tournaments. Top age group down they have good teams. Daniello is the grand dad of club lacrosse with contacts and a product to match the experience.

Eclipse- Darien, New Canaan, Greenwich. etc More insular program to the areas they service with very good teams. Consistently ranked in top 20, placing players D1 and playing top tournaments. All age groups have very good teams.

2way- Brunswick prep school hold back program. Starting to build momentum and sometimes play top teams, generally competing but ultimately losing. Never seen at NLF or NAL tournaments. Building something interesting for a specific market.

Preds- Lower Westchester / Rye program with some prep and other local talent. Good teams end at 2023. Place a few kids, lose big to the top programs. Program is a side hustle.

Express North- Some good AA teams at different ages but some ages have 3 maybe 4 teams which means they have a market but not necessarily talent. Play a lot, usually at big tournaments.

91 Tristate- Best teams are mediocre A teams. The rest are average B teams. Have a solid offering but can not compete against any of the above, other than EN 2nd or 3rd teams depending on age group. Only play 91 owned B tournaments.

Sorry to burst your primetime bubble but from 2027 and younger primetime gets smoked when they go to long island . Eclipse and 2way are much better . Not even in the same conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You absolutely nailed it!

But holdbacks are not limited to 2way, it's every team/program and school district.

Also, Westchester Warriors is way below Pride and Ballers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You absolutely nailed it!

But holdbacks are not limited to 2way, it's every team/program and school district.

Also, Westchester Warriors is way below Pride and Ballers.

Absolutely incorrect ....primetime is a joke from 2027 and younger . Gets smoked by long island teams . 2 way was at the NLF a few weeks ago and we're pretty good and very competitive. 2 way and eclipse are much better than prime time . Get your facts straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Update .....prime time is not good from 2025 and below

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westchester lacrosse is the minor leagues of lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Update .....prime time is not good from 2025 and below

I think Prime Time 2025 just won the NAL tournament. 2026 is OK. I think they better as time goes by. From the outside it looks like a very well run program. 1 team per age makes them focused. Might also be very expensive program.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As someone pointed out, the context of the question wherein I responded highlighting Prime Time was from a parent in Nyack NY looking for a HS level program in their area. There are certainly great alternatives for youth lacrosse in the region (though not much in Rockland) and obviously great HS level programs throughout the tristate area. I made the assumption the Nyack family might be seeking the best HS club program within a reasonable distance from Nyack. Generally speaking (and not knowing their son's class), IMO it is Prime Time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys follow who makes the World Series of lacrosse. Too many teams have a ridiculous amount of holdbacks. That doesn’t work in World Series where the cutoff is age based. Teams like express north can’t even field a team for 2026. Prime time makes it every year because the teams are almost predominantly of age.

This whole discussion is not apples to apples when comparing teams who not only have holdbacks but pull from other teams I. Their network for specific tournaments.
US lacrosse needs to get their act together like football, soccer and hockey and stop the madness

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys follow who makes the World Series of lacrosse. Too many teams have a ridiculous amount of holdbacks. That doesn’t work in World Series where the cutoff is age based. Teams like express north can’t even field a team for 2026. Prime time makes it every year because the teams are almost predominantly of age.

This whole discussion is not apples to apples when comparing teams who not only have holdbacks but pull from other teams I. Their network for specific tournaments.
US lacrosse needs to get their act together like football, soccer and hockey and stop the madness

The WSL use to be limited to just U13, but now they have added U14 to the mix.

So judging a program solely on the WSL is not fair because there are more teams than just the U13 and U14. However, it is a good litmus test.

So the WSL advancing local teams are:

U13; Primetime, 2Way and Eclipse
U14: Primetime, Express North and Eclipse

The following local teams were thanked for coming out and putting on a show (but failed to qualify):

U13: Predators
U14: CT wolves & Predators

this info is from the WSL website.

Primetime remains to be the Perennial and original great program in our local area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many 2Way families happy with the coaching but have heard complaints their recruiting director dangles promises he can't back up and has tread the fine line of conflict of interest between the club and Brunswick.
Eclipse strong program, very political parents/sidelines, send a lot of kids to good D1 programs. Lot of holdbacks and kids who reclass to go to Boarding School which is almost always Taft.
PT tough coaches, much broader geographic catchment and no guaranteed playing time. Kid's got to be up for a challenge every day to keep their spot as there aren't B teams.
Look at every club's record against the top teams (year to year those are the same for the most part - 91 LI, LI Express, Hawks, Laxachusettes, 91 MD, BBL, DC Express etc) and at their recruiting outcomes and you'll see a trend for each club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Tri Star Lax Clash, according to Tourney Machine results (does not always show playoff results):

2025 Primetime, went 2-3, did not play any Westchester/CT teams

2026 Primetime v 2way (9-2, PT won), PT did lose to Eclipse in a 8-6 game)

2027 Primetime v Express North Orange (8-2 LIE North won) and PT went 1-4.

2028 Primetime v 2way (11-5, 2Way Won) and played Eclipse twice, splitting the games 1-1 ,

2029/30 Primetime v Eclipse 2029 (13-4, Eclipse Won), PT went 0-4-1, only tying Rebels LC)

Overall, PT2026 was the only class with a winning record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS done, lets rank these clubs by class. Share your changes

PT starts to absorb top talent by around 7th grade as their track record wins over players. Until they lose a couple of games to another program in any given age group, they are kings. Wonder if that will continue as other clubs try to hold good players. 2Way has strong young teams and formula (Brunswick + holdbacks) but weak college commit list and tourney choices. Preds 2022 is loaded with college commits and 2023 will have many that might attract younger players. Eclipse super solid up and down. Express North up and down on team quality, one team looks awesome, another cannot hang at all.

1. PT
2. Preds
3. Eclipse
4. 2Way
5. Express North

1. PT
2. Eclipse
3. Wolves
4. Preds
5. 2Way
major drop-off

1. PT
2. Eclipse
3. 2Way
4. Preds
5. Express North
6. 91 Tristate

1. Eclipse
2. 2Way
3. PT
4. Wolves
5. Preds

1. 2Way
2. Eclipse
3. PT
4. Express North
5. Wolves
6. Preds

After that, just too young

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 24 rankings are way off

eclipse - multiple holdbacks
2 way- hold backs
PT/EN- tied for 3rd

preds and tri state 91 just got beat by a 2025 team this past weekend in Lax Fest

PT/Eclipse - very close- top notch coaches on both squads
Express North- supposedly combining their 2 AA teams to one team- belive it when i see it
Wolves- very good squad
Preds
2way- do they even have a 25 team? have they played anywhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 24 rankings are way off

eclipse - multiple holdbacks
2 way- hold backs
PT/EN- tied for 3rd

preds and tri state 91 just got beat by a 2025 team this past weekend in Lax Fest

PT/Eclipse - very close- top notch coaches on both squads
Express North- supposedly combining their 2 AA teams to one team- belive it when i see it
Wolves- very good squad
Preds
2way- do they even have a 25 team? have they played anywhere

Clearly you missed "Share your changes" and I think class club ranking post is a great conversation starter.

Nearly every program has holdbacks and it's time to put the "holdback" label to rest. Eclipse, PT and 2W have a separate WSL teams for 2026 from their 2026 AA teams.

For 2025 AAA teams,

PT & LIE North Morgan both played in the Red division at Tri star and PT had better results.
Pred's played at the Lax Fest the week before and went 1-2-1. The teams listed on the Lax Fest indicates that it is a B level tournament (maybe Pred's also has multi level teams?)
2Way: no games yet
Wolves:(Fay or Pierandri?); both teams played at Lax Fest, where clubs like Ballers, 845lax, Pride and Dragons were also in the mix.

So, 2025 looks like this:

1. PT,
2. LIEN Morgan,
3. 2W,
4. Wolves Pierandri
5 (tie) Pred's & Wolves Fay,
7. 845 lax (beat Ballers)
8 (tie) Pride & Dragons, since the head to head and it was 6-6 game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the 2026 club rankings:

1. 2Way
2. Eclipse
3. PT
4. Express North
5. Wolves
6. Preds

The only head to head WSL game is Eclipse v PT on 07/01.
2W is in a different division playing LIE CoachC, 2 California, a NJ and MD club.

Shame that all three weren't in the same division.

I predict PT over Eclipse.

First round, 5 games record will be
PT will go 3-2
Eclipse: 2-3
2W: 2-3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This person who is predicting scores and rankings is sad and pathetic.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No scores were mentioned and this is a forum. Since you did not explain why it's sad/pathetic, I'll give you the floor to provide your reasoning:

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No scores were mentioned and this is a forum. Since you did not explain why it's sad/pathetic, I'll give you the floor to provide your reasoning:

Because you're an adult ranking teams and predicting outcomes of boys 13 year old lacrosse . Get a life or a hobby or maybe some mental help

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You'll give me the floor ? Why thank you master of the forum . If you need someone to explain to you why you're sad and pathetic ranking 13 year old boys youth lacrosse as well as predicting outcomes of games that will be played you have more issues than I'm willing to list here .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
darn tough crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find it an interesting read. But I'm in my mid 40s and retired so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You'll give me the floor ? Why thank you master of the forum . If you need someone to explain to you why you're sad and pathetic ranking 13 year old boys youth lacrosse as well as predicting outcomes of games that will be played you have more issues than I'm willing to list here .

You'd have to explain it to me too because I don't see a problem with ranking lacrosse teams or predicting the outcome of youth lacrosse games on a youth lacrosse forum.

Anyone who ever starts any sentence ... "if you need someone to explain to you why you're a....... " loses all credibility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You'd have to explain it to me too because I don't see a problem with ranking lacrosse teams or predicting the outcome of youth lacrosse games on a youth lacrosse forum.

Anyone who ever starts any sentence ... "if you need someone to explain to you why you're a....... " loses all credibility.

Get a life….you have to have something else to do rather than predict youth lacrosse game outcomes . Really sad and pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone want to take action on the 2way PT records? Would love to parley 2way and PT in the afternoon games with the over at +$250.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get a life….you have to have something else to do rather than predict youth lacrosse game outcomes . Really sad and pathetic

You're getting strangely angry over something so trivial.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Anyone want to take action on the 2way PT records? Would love to parley 2way and PT in the afternoon games with the over at +$250."

What does this even mean and what age group are you talking about? This has to be the club director or a parent whose kid jumped ship from one to the other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Anyone want to take action on the 2way PT records? Would love to parley 2way and PT in the afternoon games with the over at +$250."

What does this even mean and what age group are you talking about? This has to be the club director or a parent whose kid jumped ship from one to the other.
It means it’s time to take it up a level and start betting on the kids games. A parley is when you combine bets. Kind of funny actually.

Like Reply Quote
Page 75 of 97 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard