BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 201 of 263 1 2 199 200 201 202 203 262 263
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Garden city displayed an absolute disgusting display of winning sportsmanship. At the GC vs comsewogue game, one of the garden city parents (#10 to be specific she made that very clear) decided to yell slander at the family of the opposing coach calling them “trash” as they were minding their business walking out of the game. The mother, who obviously had way to much to drink, than decided to continue her belligerent rant and start an argument between herself and the opposing coaches family. Unfortunately one of the comsewogue students got in the cross fire of this women’s drunken rampage and this women ended up kicking a 16 year old in the back. I hope garden city administration, support system, and fans can hold this women accountable for her actions at a HIGH SCHOOL LACROSSE GAME.

So to be clear, it was a SINGLE woman.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So basically the traditional lacrosse powers prevailed. The non traditional teams finished where they all do, and D-1 commits mean nothing.

Means nothing? Now that high school is over those D1 guys get to continue to compete where most kids wanted to be and could not get there. They will have great D1 memories. Now that HS is over some kids will only get to talk about beating MacArthur and East Meadow 16-0. The non traditional schools did very well. No one expected them to win it all. Just compete. Most years GC would beat Carey by a lot. This year GC only won by three. So having D1 kids did mean something.

Nope, the D-1 kids meant nothing. Those kids will play D-1, congrats. Those kids who play D-3 congrats. The memories are the same. Losing is the same whether by a lot or a little. Fact is, the non traditional teams didn’t win. GC won another county and LI championship. Your lacrosse knowledge is zero. Thanks for participating.

Wow, what a pompous man you are. Can’t wait to see your “superstar “ disappear into the oblivion of D1lax. What will daddy say when he can’t fix things? You are in for a rude awakening. Guess you will always have your glory days to look back on!

The only thing anyone should be concerned with is the education these kids will get. We are lucky that most of the Long Island kids who are playing d1 are going to good academic schools. Hopefully all kids d1-3 got into a better academic school then what they would have got into without lacrosse. The rest of this talk such as championships and sitting on the bench means nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden city displayed an absolute disgusting display of winning sportsmanship. At the GC vs comsewogue game, one of the garden city parents (#10 to be specific she made that very clear) decided to yell slander at the family of the opposing coach calling them “trash” as they were minding their business walking out of the game. The mother, who obviously had way to much to drink, than decided to continue her belligerent rant and start an argument between herself and the opposing coaches family. Unfortunately one of the comsewogue students got in the cross fire of this women’s drunken rampage and this women ended up kicking a 16 year old in the back. I hope garden city administration, support system, and fans can hold this women accountable for her actions at a HIGH SCHOOL LACROSSE GAME.

Right up there with the Farmingdale trash student spectators and even trashier moms and supervisors who couldn’t control the kids after the game was over

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s terrible. I don’t understand some of these parents/adults. Sure you can get worked up and want your son to win but many of these people behave like they’re back in middle after a few beers. I’m sure the GC player she came to see is beyond embarrassed. Hopefully not the poor kid’s mother, but likely is. The boys work incredibly hard all season to win the championship only to have some pathetic woman stain the moment behaving like a drunken fool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
per post game reporting:Comsewogue (15-2) came into the matchup with double-digit scoring totals in 10 games, and scored no fewer than six goals in a single contest all season. Understanding that, Garden City locked in defensively, beginning with a stout level of physicality that helped limit Comsewogue throughout the day.

Final 5-1

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s terrible. I don’t understand some of these parents/adults. Sure you can get worked up and want your son to win but many of these people behave like they’re back in middle after a few beers. I’m sure the GC player she came to see is beyond embarrassed. Hopefully not the poor kid’s mother, but likely is. The boys work incredibly hard all season to win the championship only to have some pathetic woman stain the moment behaving like a drunken fool.

Let’s not take a bitter “parents” word as gospel here. Everyone seems awful naive lately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it. The parents were awful and have no class. Feel sorry for the kid. Just plain embarrassing. She should have been thrown out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it. The parents were awful and have no class. Feel sorry for the kid. Just plain embarrassing. She should have been thrown out.

Again, was it parents or a single person? That is why I sense a bit of anger and disappointment on your part. Not clear here. If it was parents say so, if it was a parent be clear. Seems to me that you’re just really upset at the loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So in this day and age absolutely no one took a cell phone video and an adult assaults a minor. Where is the news 12 report? No cameras at a Long Island Lax championship? Lax parents video practices and scrimmages here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win by Northport! Syosset battled but Northport showed who they are

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So basically the traditional lacrosse powers prevailed. The non traditional teams finished where they all do, and D-1 commits mean nothing.

Means nothing? Now that high school is over those D1 guys get to continue to compete where most kids wanted to be and could not get there. They will have great D1 memories. Now that HS is over some kids will only get to talk about beating MacArthur and East Meadow 16-0. The non traditional schools did very well. No one expected them to win it all. Just compete. Most years GC would beat Carey by a lot. This year GC only won by three. So having D1 kids did mean something.

Nope, the D-1 kids meant nothing. Those kids will play D-1, congrats. Those kids who play D-3 congrats. The memories are the same. Losing is the same whether by a lot or a little. Fact is, the non traditional teams didn’t win. GC won another county and LI championship. Your lacrosse knowledge is zero. Thanks for participating.

Your disappointment in your kid not going D1 is showing. Congrats to the HS championship. Sorry to tell you there are bigger and better things out there. Enjoy the experience you will get at a school like Muhlenberg.

Thanks, enjoy Monmouth! You can tell everyone he's a D-1 stud on the Jersey Shore. It looks great on the resume.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know where to find a list of Suffolk County Boys lax awards?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NP had a very good team and is talented. And you are 100% correct. Nassau A was a weak conference this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau A rarely produces the best team in Nassau. Literally for the last 30 years the best team has been GC, Set, or CSH and with maybe three outliers, Syo, F'Dale or Pequa in a given year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see a lot of HS athletes doing PG years and I'd imagine that this will only increase due to the recruiting fallout from covid.

How are PG years typically facilitated.

Do most athletes simply reach out to coaches at multiple schools to gauge interest or is it worked through the HS coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NP did not destroy Syosset as you predicted.
The game went to the final possession to decide winner.
It could have gone either way.
So how is Nassau so weak this year?
It took the Suffolk champ to the very end to win the game.
Both counties are very close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Down year in both Nassau and Suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know where to find a list of Suffolk County Boys lax awards?
Nothing is listed anywhere for either county? Why not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A was a pillow fight with no dominant team-it was not that they were all elite-that is why it was a down year. Ditto for Nassau A, though Syosset was consistently the best team throughout the season in that conference. Any of 6 teams from Suffolk A had a shot at the Suffolk crown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see a lot of HS athletes doing PG years and I'd imagine that this will only increase due to the recruiting fallout from covid.

Do most athletes simply reach out to coaches at multiple schools to gauge interest or is it worked through the HS coach?

Exactly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 St. Anthony's (N.Y.) 11-1 1
2 St. John's (D.C.) 11-1 3
3 Mount Sinai (N.Y.) 16-1 14
4 Georgetown Prep (Md.) 14-3 4
5 Manhasset (N.Y.) 15-1 2
6 Chaminade (N.Y.) 9-2 5
7 Boys' Latin (Md.) 10-4 6
8 McDonogh (Md.) 11-1 7
9 Malvern Prep (Pa.) 19-2 8
10 Culver Academy (Ind.) 13-2 9
11 Brunswick (Conn.) 14-3 10
12 Archbishop Spalding (Md.) 12-3 11
13 Don Bosco (N.J.) 18-0 13
14 Garden City (N.Y.) 13-3 NR
15 Northport (N.Y.) 15-3 NR
16 DeMatha (Md.) 7-2 17
17 Summit (N.J.) 18-1 12
18 Bullis (Md.) 8-5 18
19 Mountain Lakes (N.J.) 18-2 19
20 Ridgefield (Conn.) 16-7 20
21 Darien (Conn.) 19-2 21
22 Webster Thomas (N.Y.) 15-1 NR
23 Torrey Pines (Calif.) 13-2 NR
24 Comsewogue (N.Y.) 15-2 16
25 Canandaigua (N.Y.) 16-2 15
US Lax Final Rankings 2021..6 team Top 15 from LI...Down year?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 St. Anthony's (N.Y.) 11-1 1
2 St. John's (D.C.) 11-1 3
3 Mount Sinai (N.Y.) 16-1 14
4 Georgetown Prep (Md.) 14-3 4
5 Manhasset (N.Y.) 15-1 2
6 Chaminade (N.Y.) 9-2 5
7 Boys' Latin (Md.) 10-4 6
8 McDonogh (Md.) 11-1 7
9 Malvern Prep (Pa.) 19-2 8
10 Culver Academy (Ind.) 13-2 9
11 Brunswick (Conn.) 14-3 10
12 Archbishop Spalding (Md.) 12-3 11
13 Don Bosco (N.J.) 18-0 13
14 Garden City (N.Y.) 13-3 NR
15 Northport (N.Y.) 15-3 NR
16 DeMatha (Md.) 7-2 17
17 Summit (N.J.) 18-1 12
18 Bullis (Md.) 8-5 18
19 Mountain Lakes (N.J.) 18-2 19
20 Ridgefield (Conn.) 16-7 20
21 Darien (Conn.) 19-2 21
22 Webster Thomas (N.Y.) 15-1 NR
23 Torrey Pines (Calif.) 13-2 NR
24 Comsewogue (N.Y.) 15-2 16
25 Canandaigua (N.Y.) 16-2 15
US Lax Final Rankings 2021..6 team Top 15 from LI...Down year?????

Hmmmmmm, seems to me Garden City is pretty good. 14 in the nation. Someone was really wrong on here. Or he knows better than the writer of this article. Well??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it! They shouldn’t even be 14. They played against a bunch of duds. Any team with any talent, they lost too. Go back to your red cup and don’t ever leave your bubble. You will be really disappointed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malvern and Brunswick would romp just about all the teams on this list. GC on here based on reputation. There is no way whoever put this list together saw them play live. Darien would've run GC and Northport off the field...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see claims on highlight videos for 2021 All County, Academic All County, even All American candidates. Where and how are these claims substantiated? I found no listing of All County honors for Nassau or Suffolk or any criteria for Academic awards. Our school (Nassau) has several games with zero stats recorded to Newsday and LILJ. We can't possibly be the only school. Can a coach or school official please chime in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malvern and Brunswick would romp just about all the teams on this list. GC on here based on reputation. There is no way whoever put this list together saw them play live. Darien would've run GC and Northport off the field...

US lacrosse put the list out.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it! They shouldn’t even be 14. They played against a bunch of duds. Any team with any talent, they lost too. Go back to your red cup and don’t ever leave your bubble. You will be really disappointed.
I Dislike GC as much as most in Nassau county as they are consistently beating my town in the playoffs, So I take offense to the disrespect of calling my team duds!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons coach told him he made All County and will be given his award at our team dinner over the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son was offered PG year and go to a mid major or play D2 now. He went D2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Dislike GC as much as most in Nassau county as they are consistently beating my town in the playoffs, So I take offense to the disrespect of calling my team duds!
M
I agree! Who are you calling duds? Why don’t you throw on your old pads and compete against these kids? You sound like a total stunad who never played or maybe played for a team of duds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M
I agree! Who are you calling duds? Why don’t you throw on your old pads and compete against these kids? You sound like a total stunad who never played or maybe played for a team of duds

Confusing post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My team crushed GC when we played them. Hardly a bunch of duds. I think his foot is stuck in his mouth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My team crushed GC when we played them. Hardly a bunch of duds. I think his foot is stuck in his mouth

Give GC credit. No great player on the team this year and they still won. We know they had a weak schedule and lost to all the decent teams they played. We also know they would have not have made the championship game in A or C but they can only play who the schedule says they play. Impressive they can win with only two players with more than 20 goals. When they played a good team they held the ball to keep the score low. Smart coaching and good team play with no great player was obviously good enough to win the B championship. No matter what anyone says they did win it all when many of us thought they could not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What grade are you in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh Vs Calvert Hall on ESPN U. Long island teams cant hang sorry .Li publics cant hang with 45/50k private schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh Vs Calvert Hall on ESPN U. Long island teams cant hang sorry .Li publics cant hang with 45/50k private schools

LI public’s can’t hang with 13k privates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a big Chaminade homer -- the good public schools on Long Island can and do. I take it you didn't play growing up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little off-topic. if a camp you want to attned this summer has been sold out since march- can you ask an attending school to get you off the waitlist?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a big Chaminade homer -- the good public schools on Long Island can and do. I take it you didn't play growing up?

Which public’s? Manhasset and who else? And yes I played. Apparently you think that somehow validates lacrosse in 2021. Not sure how.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give GC credit. No great player on the team this year and they still won. We know they had a weak schedule and lost to all the decent teams they played. We also know they would have not have made the championship game in A or C but they can only play who the schedule says they play. Impressive they can win with only two players with more than 20 goals. When they played a good team they held the ball to keep the score low. Smart coaching and good team play with no great player was obviously good enough to win the B championship. No matter what anyone says they did win it all when many of us thought they could not.

no great player???? Do you watch games? Do you talk to people who watch games? The best defender is one of the best in '22 class and the Face Off guy is probably the best in '22. They almost recorded a shut out in LIC. They lost games early in season when they had just finished football. The 30 or so kids who played football did not do much lacrosse in the 10 day overlap. if they played those 3 games at the end of season maybe they win 2 of them. And they have the best coaching staff. I am not a GC fan or part of GC family --but you must respect the program, players and coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Page 201 of 263 1 2 199 200 201 202 203 262 263
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard