BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 251 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why? How does riding the next 4-5 years help the best player at True, or Madlax or Crabs? So that kid is on a team that wins a lot and people on forums fawn over. Are the coaches really THAT much better than the Crabs or Madlax so the "best player" on Crabs will improve at such a different rate it will make a difference? The Hawks are great because they have a great TEAM and system, and everything they do is about winning games. There are plenty of recruits from club teams that are not in the top flight--they are just good players.

Again, if all you care about is winning youth lacrosse tournaments, then for sure Hawks are key. But if you want your kid to develop as a player and try to get recruited, there are lots of good options.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level gets a crack at 91 Venom. Should be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the Millon field look this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With the recent success of the Hawks in this age group—- it only seems inevitable that they will continue to be good and grow better as the year go by. Some of these “anon” posters in here better grow a pair and get used to it. Same goes for the Madlax teams. They are only going to get better. Seems like the posters that come in here are trying to cling to something that’s not sustainable— like True.

That’s just it - it’s recent. Hawks were a nice team a year ago but certainly weren’t viewed as the best in HoCo let alone the country. Who knows what shakes out next year.

Hawks tryouts on 7/31 should be interesting. Expecting to see a lot of new different helmets on the Severn School turf.

Will we see a Madlax stud trying out? Maybe a few True kids- can’t beat Em might as well join em, hearing FCA is on verge of imploding at both the ‘27 and ‘28 age years. There’s always a few sidewinders, Annapolis based clubs and Green hornets helmets.

If I’m the best player at True, or Madlax or Crabs and I can swing the commute, I’m definitely trying to latch on to this Hawks team and ride the next 4-5 years until
Recruitment age

Can't wait to see how those hawks 26 and 27 do at 28! Some players need to earn some cash to keep the feds off their back too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the Millon field look this weekend?

It’s an interesting field. 4 good teams - Team 91 Venom, BBL, Philadelphia Freedom, and Next Level.

3 weaker teams - Team 91 MD, Cavs, and BLC

1 unknown - 7 Flames from Georgia.

It will be interesting to see if 91 can blitz through and win it. It won’t settle the debate with Hawks or Madlax, but it should provide some sense of how good Venom is.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level gets a crack at 91 Venom. Should be interesting.

Where’s bored lax dad and his rankings— this should help!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the recent success of the Hawks in this age group—- it only seems inevitable that they will continue to be good and grow better as the year go by. Some of these “anon” posters in here better grow a pair and get used to it. Same goes for the Madlax teams. They are only going to get better. Seems like the posters that come in here are trying to cling to something that’s not sustainable— like True.

That’s just it - it’s recent. Hawks were a nice team a year ago but certainly weren’t viewed as the best in HoCo let alone the country. Who knows what shakes out next year.

Hawks tryouts on 7/31 should be interesting. Expecting to see a lot of new different helmets on the Severn School turf.

Will we see a Madlax stud trying out? Maybe a few True kids- can’t beat Em might as well join em, hearing FCA is on verge of imploding at both the ‘27 and ‘28 age years. There’s always a few sidewinders, Annapolis based clubs and Green hornets helmets.

If I’m the best player at True, or Madlax or Crabs and I can swing the commute, I’m definitely trying to latch on to this Hawks team and ride the next 4-5 years until
Recruitment age

Zero chance anyone from fca 27 goes to hawks. But don’t worry you guys will get some 27 hawks dropping down again so it will work out for you. This is the perfect year for all those parents that want kid to be Mr all American to re class.[/quote]

Not sure how you correlated FCA 27 going to 28 hawks or another 28 squads. That would be a weird jump. I read it as the FCA squads moving around to other Baltimore clubs, but whatever. FCA should pray on it.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for True, and I’m slightly appalled by the behavior of some of the parents in here. You put somebody’s name on here? You’re calling kids out directly? I understand why people detest Madlax. Or the Hawks. Whatever.... get over it. Get better. Everyone thinks they have the magic formula. This will all mean nothing in years to come. There’s players who are marginal now, that will be HS studs.

Grow up people. Anonymous isn’t always such. Remember, the internet is forever. You post, it records your IP address. From your registered phone or computer. Threaten someone on here or disparage their name- everything can be subpoenaed. It’s 2021. New age.

How about we instead pick on the New York people in their board?? Hahah

Go True

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for True, and I’m slightly appalled by the behavior of some of the parents in here. You put somebody’s name on here? You’re calling kids out directly? I understand why people detest Madlax. Or the Hawks. Whatever.... get over it. Get better. Everyone thinks they have the magic formula. This will all mean nothing in years to come. There’s players who are marginal now, that will be HS studs.

Grow up people. Anonymous isn’t always such. Remember, the internet is forever. You post, it records your IP address. From your registered phone or computer. Threaten someone on here or disparage their name- everything can be subpoenaed. It’s 2021. New age.

How about we instead pick on the New York people in their board?? Hahah

Go True

Thx True lawyer dad, but def agree we should be picking on the New York teams ( parents are waaaaaay worse in years past)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come so many teams are having their tryouts in July this year? Wasnt August usually when tryouts occurred?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True lost to Blue Claw. A glorified Rec team. Some of these people need to get their heads checked.

You guys love beating up on True so much that you sometimes lose sight of reality.

True was very solid this spring and the Blue Claws looked good this spring too. Pretty sure they were the #1 team in HoCo AAA and had kids from Crabs, FCA and other "elites".

There are few elite teams out there, but a lot of very good ones. Tone it down a bit with the vitriol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True lost to Blue Claw. A glorified Rec team. Some of these people need to get their heads checked.

You guys love beating up on True so much that you sometimes lose sight of reality.

True was very solid this spring and the Blue Claws looked good this spring too. Pretty sure they were the #1 team in HoCo AAA and had kids from Crabs, FCA and other "elites".

There are few elite teams out there, but a lot of very good ones. Tone it down a bit with the vitriol.

Blue Claws is definitely a good team, winning AAA is a pretty solid accomplishment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s my experience that the ones who detest True the most, are generally ex-True people. Elite teams generally
Don’t despise b- level or lower level clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea with all the other 13 year olds playing in 10/11 year olds division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s my experience that the ones who detest True the most, are generally ex-True people. Elite teams generally

The most justified complaints I have seen about True is that they lured away people from other clubs, promised great coaches and practice. Failed to deliver. Now that original club team is worse off w/o those kids and they lost that time with a bad exp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The most justified complaints I have seen about True is that they lured away people from other clubs, promised great coaches and practice. Failed to deliver. Now that original club team is worse off w/o those kids and they lost that time with a bad exp.

Yup. I constantly received calls to leave our “lesser” club in order to play for True and have a shot at their “national” team. Nope...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue claws didn’t win AAA - but they are a good team. They are just as old as the elite teams so there is that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the neon green is nauseating

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what do we know about the 7 flames team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what do we know about the 7 flames team?

Know them from the 2026 group. Good organization from Atlanta area. Not sure about 2028 but would not expect much since the kids likely have not played tough competition yet. They are athletic and will have a few studs but not a lot of depth as a guess. 7 flames will also become 91 Georgia in the future so their is that….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True and Hawks are very close in talent. Hence the close game. Hawks are very good and have the better record right now. But they are far from dominant, hence one goal games vs. True and NextLevel over last 2 weeks. Give Hawks credit (they also blew out NextLevel), but please don't pretend they are so far ahead of the pack. It's little kid lacrosse and a couple of growth spurts will cause some teams to progress quicker than others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True and Hawks are very close in talent. Hence the close game. Hawks are very good and have the better record right now. But they are far from dominant, hence one goal games vs. True and NextLevel over last 2 weeks. Give Hawks credit (they also blew out NextLevel), but please don't pretend they are so far ahead of the pack. It's little kid lacrosse and a couple of growth spurts will cause some teams to progress quicker than others.

I don’t really care one way or the other but, byyour logic, True is also close to Blue Claws as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t really care one way or the other but, byyour logic, True is also close to Blue Claws as well.

Blue Claw plays with heart. There are a few kids on that team that could play for Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue Claw plays with heart. There are a few kids on that team that could play for Hawks.

Yeah. I don’t think that’s true. Be sure they show up at Hawks tryouts to prove your point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Long Island just got exposed badly in Md. Beaten badly by mid level team (Next Level) and struggled with Cavalier, which is bottom tier B team(lost 14-1 NL).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bored Md dad— now we can stop putting 91 Long Island anywhere near the top of your weekly’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL beat LI in OT 4-3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL beat LI in OT 4-3.

What tournament was this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bored Md dad— now we can stop putting 91 Long Island anywhere near the top of your weekly’s.

1 game yeah that’s a wrap put a fork in ‘em. Smh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Millon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So here’s the Saturday Bored MD Dad rankings:

A good week so far for the HoCo teams. Madlax did well at Vail and solidifies its spot at 2. Nice win for Next Level over 91 Venom at Millon coming off of making the finals at Summer Exposure and US Club Jamboree.

BBL continues to impress coming off its Tristar championship with a win over Freedom. It will be interesting to see what 91 Venom does tomorrow in the bracket games vs. BBL and perhaps either Freedom or Next Level if 91 Venom can beat BBL and make the final.

Up north at the Legacy tournament good win for 4 Leaf Army over LI Express and Laxachusetts had some nice wins.

Naptown should also be interesting on Monday as Hawks and FCA are back in action over a field that includes Mooselax LI and some west coast teams.

1. Hawks (MD)
2. Madlax (VA)
3. BBL (NJ)
4. 2way (CT)
5. FCA (MD)
6. Next Level (MD)
7. Team 91 Venom (NY)
8. Freedom (PA)
9. Express North (NY)
10. Mooselax (NY)
11. True Annapolis (MD)
12. Legacy (NY)
13. Long Island Express (NY)
14. Crabs (MD)
15. 4 Leaf Army (NH) / Laxachusetts (MA)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 game yeah that’s a wrap put a fork in ‘em. Smh

NL is a very good team but went 2-4 in the HoCo league so although this point is way too early there is some truth. There seems to be a logjam of good mid Atlantic teams with NL, FCA, True and I would include Freedom and maybe crabs that can probably beat most of the island teams. NL is also the only team to beat the current Hawks roster last fall so they belong among the top tier. Going to be fun to watch the group as north plays south over the next few weeks, good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Long Island just got exposed badly in Md. Beaten badly by mid level team (Next Level) and struggled with Cavalier, which is bottom tier B team(lost 14-1 NL).

They lost by 1. That’s not being beaten badly.

Next Level is a mid level team?

2/10 post quality here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn’t change the rankings just yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So here’s the Saturday Bored MD Dad rankings:

A good week so far for the HoCo teams. Madlax did well at Vail and solidifies its spot at 2. Nice win for Next Level over 91 Venom at Millon coming off of making the finals at Summer Exposure and US Club Jamboree.

BBL continues to impress coming off its Tristar championship with a win over Freedom. It will be interesting to see what 91 Venom does tomorrow in the bracket games vs. BBL and perhaps either Freedom or Next Level if 91 Venom can beat BBL and make the final.

Up north at the Legacy tournament good win for 4 Leaf Army over LI Express and Laxachusetts had some nice wins.

Naptown should also be interesting on Monday as Hawks and FCA are back in action over a field that includes Mooselax LI and some west coast teams.

1. Hawks (MD)
2. Madlax (VA)
3. BBL (NJ)
4. 2way (CT)
5. FCA (MD)
6. Next Level (MD)
7. Team 91 Venom (NY)
8. Freedom (PA)
9. Express North (NY)
10. Mooselax (NY)
11. True Annapolis (MD)
12. Legacy (NY)
13. Long Island Express (NY)
14. Crabs (MD)
15. 4 Leaf Army (NH) / Laxachusetts (MA)

Bravo!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Team 91 today. They are good. I know results today don’t show it necessarily but it is a well coached and physical team with some great players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still think venom is better than 2way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Team 91 today. They are good. I know results today don’t show it necessarily but it is a well coached and physical team with some great players.

NLF will sort this ALL out. Not playing in NLF? dont deserve to be ranked at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NLF will sort this ALL out. Not playing in NLF ? dont deserve to be ranked at all.

Lol.. elementary school folks… let’s keep it in perspective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not one game— they barely beat Cavalier, which is a lower B squad. They finally step off the Island and they get popped.

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 251 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard