BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 79 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I sit on a board that distributes that money to our local Catholic schools.....and you are completely wrong about this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually I sit on a board that distributes that money to our local Catholic schools.....and you are completely wrong about this.

Please tell me what we are wrong about so we can correct you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
End this argument no one cares. Maybe talk about the PIAA championships that just happened?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to ACC and Mars for being the first non traditional finalists. Good to see other areas of the state are improving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
End this argument no one cares. Maybe talk about the PIAA championships that just happened?????
No one cares about PIAA lax unfortunately. If you’re not in the Inter-AC everyone assumes you weren’t good enough to play at one of those schools. There are tons of great PIAA players who get recognition via their club teams, but no teams in 2021 who can compete with the big boys.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares about PIAA lax unfortunately. If you’re not in the Inter-AC everyone assumes you weren’t good enough to play at one of those schools. There are tons of great PIAA players who get recognition via their club teams, but no teams in 2021 who can compete with the big boys.
Sadly this is true. So many great players go under-recognized because they don't have the opportunity to attend Malvern, Haverford or EA during the high school season. Gotta show out during the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly this is true. So many great players go under-recognized because they don't have the opportunity to attend Malvern, Haverford or EA during the high school season. Gotta show out during the summer.

Yeah guess Matt Moore and Jeff Conner should send there rings to the kids at MP or EA....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The interac is the best...no doubt about it, but they certainly have resources and advantages that allow them to do so. That being said....which conferences are the best in the area (top to bottom)....not just their best team.

I would say
1) Central
2) Chesmont
3) Suburban
4) East Penn (ACCC and Emmaus)
5) Catholic League
6) PIONEER

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed IAC has the strongest overall teams the past 15 yrs especially Malvern and Haverford, but public schools appear to have produced the better players overall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Radnor could beat EA or Haverford this past season (Not saying it would happen every time, just saying that they definitely couldve put up a fight against either team). Malvern is in a league of its own and I was shocked that Haverford beat them even once. The "Big Boys" arent limited to only IAC teams. Schools like Stoga Radnor and Garnett could compete in the IAC.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Radnor could beat EA or Haverford this past season (Not saying it would happen every time, just saying that they definitely couldve put up a fight against either team). Malvern is in a league of its own and I was shocked that Haverford beat them even once. The "Big Boys" arent limited to only IAC teams. Schools like Stoga Radnor and Garnett could compete in the IAC.

I agree with this....the Central is very strong. Kennett this year could have competed in the Inter Ac as well (sans Malvern). Did anybody hear the rumor that Malvern is looking to leave the Inter Ac in favor of a more "national/regional" schedule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with this....the Central is very strong. Kennett this year could have competed in the Inter Ac as well (sans Malvern). Did anybody hear the rumor that Malvern is looking to leave the Inter Ac in favor of a more "national/regional" schedule?
No need to leave the Inter Ac as they can play as many big time teams as they want and still fulfill Inter Ac schedule. The great thing about lax is teams are always traveling to this area so you can play a national schedule without going out of town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malvern is becoming a "sports" school particularly in football and lacrosse. Wrestling and baseball could compete with anyone in the nation. This is not a shot at Malvern as they have some great coaches. Strange that they are taking this path. It used to be a strong academic school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malvern is becoming a "sports" school particularly in football and lacrosse. Wrestling and baseball could compete with anyone in the nation. This is not a shot at Malvern as they have some great coaches. Strange that they are taking this path. It used to be a strong academic school.

I agree, from the outside it does appear that the focus is on athletics. When kids hold back for a year for athletics, which is commonplace at private schools, financially it benefits private schools as they get an extra year of tuition that they would have otherwise not received. I've been to Malvern over the years for my kids basketball games and they have a Hall of Fame wall outside the gym and the squash courts and pool as well, all of which is interesting and tells you something about the importance of sports there. Public schools have Hall of Fames as well I suppose, though. Having said that, their system works, whether or not its the right fit is for you to decide. Personally, not my cup of tea, but that's just me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MP should come back to earth a bit next year. When 5/6 offensive guys that are going D1 leave and the pipeline is solid but nothing like what they are losing on both sides of the filed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The concept that a school can only be good at either academics or sports (not both) is just notIntelligent. Success on the field has nothing to do with a lack of success in the classroom. "Used to be a strong academic school" is a statement made by someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The concept that a school can only be good at either academics or sports (not both) is just notIntelligent. Success on the field has nothing to do with a lack of success in the classroom. "Used to be a strong academic school" is a statement made by someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

Exactly. A lot of private school haters in the forum making up stuff, too. Someone quoted Malvern tuition at $68k — you can Google their web site and in 10 seconds you’ll have a factual answer ($36.4K in the upper school). Also factual, Malvern’s web site lists college acceptances over the past few years. Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Penn, Stanford, MIT, Hopkins, Cornell, Dartmouth, Northwestern, Un of Chicago, Duke, NYU, Carnegie Mellon, UC Berkeley, UCLA, etc. Not bad considering they “used to be a strong academic school.” Geez.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Team PA 2027? They appear to be holding their own at Naptown but I’ve never heard of them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All star team from several clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team PA and Nationals were recruiting many of the same players for Naptown, interesting they ended up facing each other in semis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team PA and Nationals were recruiting many of the same players for Naptown, interesting they ended up facing each other in semis.
No offense, but not really that interesting...we all know we have a ton of talent in the area and these clubs split them up for Naptown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you please stop the negativity in this area? Congrats to Team PA on a great showing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. A lot of private school haters in the forum making up stuff, too. Someone quoted Malvern tuition at $68k — you can Google their web site and in 10 seconds you’ll have a factual answer ($36.4K in the upper school). Also factual, Malvern’s web site lists college acceptances over the past few years. Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Penn, Stanford, MIT, Hopkins, Cornell, Dartmouth, Northwestern, Un of Chicago, Duke, NYU, Carnegie Mellon, UC Berkeley, UCLA, etc. Not bad considering they “used to be a strong academic school.” Geez.

Definitely some bright students at Malvern who are on scholarship. Those students keep the bar high. Many of the those being accepted into college are either the premiere student or on sports scholarship. The reason I say this is that I had a family member go to Malvern after being at another school. Not a particularly great student....could not be in the honors classes at his old school. In Malvern, almost all straight A's. His words not mine.....Malvern is incredibly easy. Before you say I am a "hater"....know that I support Malvern through donations. I think they produce wonderful men who value service and community which is more important to me then academics. That being said, this is not the Malvern or 20 years ago academically, not even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw on Philly Lacrosse Tigers made the finals in the Word Series. Congrats to them! Nice to see a PA team representing. Good luck to all the teams heading to NLF Championships in two weeks! Let’s bring some hardware back to PA!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw on Philly Lacrosse Tigers made the finals in the Word Series. Congrats to them! Nice to see a PA team representing. Good luck to all the teams heading to NLF Championships in two weeks! Let’s bring some hardware back to PA!

Excellent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH busted for cheating at Naptown, what an embarrassment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH busted for cheating at Naptown, what an embarrassment

fake news

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bold claim with no additional details. What’s the story?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must not be good at cheating, they didn't win a game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get it is tryout season but the fake news is desperate. Stay classy. - Ron B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get it is tryout season but the fake news is desperate. Stay classy. - Ron B

haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seemed like a ridiculous claim to begin with…be better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bold claim with no additional details. What’s the story?

Not a claim, just facts. They were disqualified for using 22s at Naptown and had to forfeit their wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bro, you are the worst gossiper I have seen. Details…details. Were does one learn “facts” like the above? Considering it’s a full 10 days after the conclusion of the event and literally everybody had already forgotten and moved on from Naptown ‘21, why are you breaking this news now (other than tryout season)?

Your whole approach is sus. No cap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bro, you are the worst gossiper I have seen. Details…details. Were does one learn “facts” like the above? Considering it’s a full 10 days after the conclusion of the event and literally everybody had already forgotten and moved on from Naptown ‘21, why are you breaking this news now (other than tryout season)?

Did you let your 12 year old finish this message?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn’t sound like you’ve moved on. What details do you want? They forfeited their wins as you can see from tourney machine and Predators didn’t play them because they were using 22s. It’s not a secret. Ask anyone that was at the tournament or on the team. If you prefer Gossip… I could say they got destroyed by bad Rock and 3DUpstate teams, but they won those games and had to forfeit the wins for cheating. Its not breaking news just an embarrassment that you’d rather ignore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at Naptown. The information about HHH is correct. They They did indeed use 22’s in their 23 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at Naptown. The information about HHH is correct. They They did indeed use 22’s in their 23 games.

If that is the case, I'm sure they had good reason to do so. They certainly don't need to chase trophies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What could possibly be a good reason to cheat???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players at this age care about recruiting, not winning. Maybe a coach was there and they wanted to get a kid in front of him.

Like Reply Quote
Page 40 of 79 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard