BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 251 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what troubles me about the Hawks. At this age, why are they cutting kids and making it so cut throat to stay on the team. It doesn't say much about actual player development and helping kids out over time. It says a lot about just wanting to win tournaments in 6th grade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is what troubles me about the Hawks. At this age, why are they cutting kids and making it so cut throat to stay on the team. It doesn't say much about actual player development and helping kids out over time. It says a lot about just wanting to win tournaments in 6th grade.

Huh? Please find me the team that doesn’t cut if some big studs come to tryouts.

There isn’t one in the elite bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then it’s not for you or your son.

It’s a 2 way street, I know some monster holdback could theoretically take my kids spot. That’s life. But I’m pretty confident he won’t have a hard time finding another team though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess. The kids are in 5th grade. Would expect that the teams would try and actually develop a player not just cut bait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear what you’re saying but to say that a team doesn’t develop players because they cut some players is a bit of a head scratcher. If my kid gets cut then it’s likely because he’s not working or doing what he needs to do to get better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then it’s not the team for you and I’m sure you’re very happy wherever you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess. The kids are in 5th grade. Would expect that the teams would try and actually develop a player not just cut bait.

It’s made clear at the first tryout when they are in 2nd/3rd grade. I’m sure the other top team do it too, Crabs, NL, FCA and True.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the top 6 HoCo teams held serve today — going 13-1 across a few different tournaments with Madlax off until mid-week. Not much in the way of strong competition though.

Up north, looks like all the 2way people are right and that team is among the top tier of teams. Express North also had a nice day. BBL had a pretty good showing and so did Long Island Express. Legacy did not stay hot following the NAL final appearance. So I’m going to revise my bored MD dad rankings to:

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
4. 91 Venom (difficult to tell where they go since they haven’t played many strong 28 teams yet this summer; playing in a 27 bracket at LaxFest and lost some games but 27 games are tough to compare)
5. Express North
6. BBL
7. Legacy
8. FCA MD
9. Next Level
10. Freedom (PA)
11. True Annapolis
12. Long Island Express
13. Crabs
14. Mooselax
15. Eclipse

Watchlist: 4 Leaf Army, Rebels, LI Rush

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the top 6 HoCo teams held serve today — going 13-1 across a few different tournaments with Madlax off until mid-week. Not much in the way of strong competition though.

Up north, looks like all the 2way people are right and that team is among the top tier of teams. Express North also had a nice day. BBL had a pretty good showing and so did Long Island Express. Legacy did not stay hot following the NAL final appearance. So I’m going to revise my bored MD dad rankings to:

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
4. 91 Venom (difficult to tell where they go since they haven’t played many strong 28 teams yet this summer; playing in a 27 bracket at LaxFest and lost some games but 27 games are tough to compare)
5. Express North
6. BBL
7. Legacy
8. FCA MD
9. Next Level
10. Freedom (PA)
11. True Annapolis
12. Long Island Express
13. Crabs
14. Mooselax
15. Eclipse

How do you know all this? Glad you do it, but until northern and southern team start playing each other it’s just a wild guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
5. Express North
6. BBL
7. Legacy
8. FCA MD
9. Next Level
10. Freedom (PA)
11. True Annapolis
12. Long Island Express
13. Crabs
14. Mooselax
15. Eclipse

You’re the Lax dad hero we’ve been waiting for. Nice list.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
5. Express North
6. BBL
7. Legacy
8. FCA MD
9. Next Level
10. Freedom (PA)
11. True Annapolis
12. Long Island Express
13. Crabs
14. Mooselax
15. Eclipse

How do you know all this? Glad you do it, but until northern and southern team start playing each other it’s just a wild guess.

Legacy was missing 3-4 kids. Wouldn’t judge much from their games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
5. Express North
6. BBL
7. Legacy
8. FCA MD
9. Next Level
10. Freedom (PA)
11. True Annapolis
12. Long Island Express
13. Crabs
14. Mooselax
15. Eclipse

Legacy was missing 3-4 kids. Wouldn’t judge much from their games.

Typical LI excuses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a better list with some updates. Mid Atlantic much stronger than LI this age . True is a dumpster fire.

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
4. 91 Venom
5. Legacy
6. Crabs
7. BBL
8. FCA MD
9. Express North
10. Next Level
11. Freedom (PA)
12. Eclipse
13. Long Island Express
14. Mooselax
15.True Annapolis

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a better list with some updates. Mid Atlantic much stronger than LI this age . True is a dumpster fire.

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
4. 91 Venom
5. Legacy
6. Crabs
7. BBL
8. FCA MD
9. Express North
10. Next Level
11. Freedom (PA)
12. Eclipse
13. Long Island Express
14. Mooselax
15.True Annapolis

How do you have legacy over bbl

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2Way just got blown out by BBL today. Stop putting them up top... Madlax and Hawks are ahead of the pack, with Hawks on top for the time being— although, they had a squeaker today with True Annapolis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2Way just got blown out by BBL today. Stop putting them up top... Madlax and Hawks are ahead of the pack, with Hawks on top for the time being— although, they had a squeaker today with True Annapolis.

Is MadLax really that good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great chance the Crabs and refs were hoping to see True, not the Hawks in today’s Young Guns final. Hawks were man down 7 (7!!!!) times in the game and still found a way to win. 12 noon on 93 degree turf. Hawks dug one out. Probably more of a info is toon of a tough team than a knock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
4. 91 Venom
5. Legacy
6. Crabs
7. BBL
8. FCA MD
9. Express North
10. Next Level
11. Freedom (PA)
12. Eclipse
13. Long Island Express
14. Mooselax
15.True Annapolis

Didn’t crabs win one game in Hoco? lol sure crabs dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
4. 91 Venom
5. Legacy
6. Crabs
7. BBL
8. FCA MD
9. Express North
10. Next Level
11. Freedom (PA)
12. Eclipse
13. Long Island Express
14. Mooselax
15.True Annapolis

Not a True parent, but they beat NL and FCA. They also took the Hawks to overtime. How many teams on that list have been that close to the Hawks the last time they played?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to BBL, Freedom, Hawks, and FCA on winning championships this weekend! But Sunday showed that there is a lot of parity between the top 15 or so teams on the East Coast. I also think there is a lot of north-south parity between MD and NY/CT/NJ based on the play so far. 6-13 could really be in any order. All of those teams have some strong wins. No team outside the MD to CT corridor has yet shown it can consistently compete with the top East Coast teams. But maybe Vail or Naptown (which has some non hot bed teams playing) will surprise us.

Here’s my revised Bored MD Dad rankings:

1. Hawks
2. Madlax
3. BBL
4. Team 91 Venom (just throwing darts here, who knows?)
5. 2way
6. FCA
7. Freedom PA
8. Express North
9. Next Level
10. Legacy
11. Mooselax
12. True Annapolis
13. Long Island Express
14. Crabs
15. LI Rush/Mad Dog West?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great chance the Crabs and refs were hoping to see True, not the Hawks in today’s Young Guns final. Hawks were man down 7 (7!!!!) times in the game and still found a way to win. 12 noon on 93 degree turf. Hawks dug one out. Probably more of a info is toon of a tough team than a knock.

True played them tough and had two goals taken away in the game that were more than questionable. I am not a True dad but they have improved a lot. I do not know anything about their organization but the only thing I saw were a couple Hawks dads acting like fools. If you look at thing objectively I think Truie is better than they are getting credit for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
4. 91 Venom
5. Legacy
6. Crabs
7. BBL
8. FCA MD
9. Express North
10. Next Level
11. Freedom (PA)
12. Eclipse
13. Long Island Express
14. Mooselax
15.True Annapolis

Not a True parent, but they beat NL and FCA. They also took the Hawks to overtime. How many teams on that list have been that close to the Hawks the last time they played?

Just out of curiosity why the detest for True Annapolis? We played them a couple times this year and they are scrappy....They beat Freedom twice, beat BBL once and lost to BBL in OT, had good game with Legacy and lost in OT. Took Hawks to the brink and lost in OT. Is it an organizational thing? I don't know too much about the organization other than they seem to be everywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when is the schedule coming out for Millon tourney?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True played them tough and had two goals taken away in the game that were more than questionable. I am not a True dad but they have improved a lot. I do not know anything about their organization but the only thing I saw were a couple Hawks dads acting like fools. If you look at thing objectively I think Truie is better than they are getting credit for.

No goals taken away. They were actually given a goal by the refs who, along with the kid running the table and clock, didn’t remove the goal scored after True got the ball on a delayed penalty. I’m with you on dads acting notIntelligent, but that was on both sides. Two True dads were yelling nonstop adding trash talk to the end of every encouragement for their 11 year old sons. If you’re going to tell “he can’t go right” every time a kid touches the ball then you’re going to hear from a dad eventually. When a Hawk got run over everyone was carrying on high-fiving. Don’t get upset when a couple dads give it back when the game flips. True had the game won and didn’t finish. They also lost to the Blue Claws. Keep it together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
4. 91 Venom
5. Legacy
6. Crabs
7. BBL
8. FCA MD
9. Express North
10. Next Level
11. Freedom (PA)
12. Eclipse
13. Long Island Express
14. Mooselax
15.True Annapolis

Just out of curiosity why the detest for True Annapolis? We played them a couple times this year and they are scrappy....They beat Freedom twice, beat BBL once and lost to BBL in OT, had good game with Legacy and lost in OT. Took Hawks to the brink and lost in OT. Is it an organizational thing? I don't know too much about the organization other than they seem to be everywhere.

This list came from a Crabs dad and is not the list from Bored MD Dad that we know and love. That guy has too much time on his hands but produces pretty good lists! Crabs at 6 doesn’t make sense. True is a good team. They are in mix with the top teams other than Madlax and Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No goals taken away. They were actually given a goal by the refs who, along with the kid running the table and clock, didn’t remove the goal scored after True got the ball on a delayed penalty. I’m with you on dads acting notIntelligent, but that was on both sides. Two True dads were yelling nonstop adding trash talk to the end of every encouragement for their 11 year old sons. If you’re going to tell “he can’t go right” every time a kid touches the ball then you’re going to hear from a dad eventually. When a Hawk got run over everyone was carrying on high-fiving. Don’t get upset when a couple dads give it back when the game flips. True had the game won and didn’t finish. They also lost to the Blue Claws. Keep it together.

Sad to hear that Dads think it is ok to yell "he can't go right" and cheer when kids get run over. I bet those are the Dads who did not play the game themselves. Those who did usually conduct themselves better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was referring to the point that they scored two goals and had them removed...either legit or not, they were playing well. You are correct they did not finish the game well, they had it in their reach but could not get it done. I did not hear a lot of negativity from either side until parents close to the field for the Hawks started yelling expletives towards the other parents. That was low class. Yelling "make him go right" is hardly a negative comment...that is strategy of the game, if you notice a kid goes left better than right...I don't know of any team that would not say it. It was a high energy game, if a kid gets run over trying to initiate contact then cheering for that is not a bad thing. For the most part I thought the parents were getting along fine in that game and it was good sportsmanship on both sides. The Hawks have a great team and they are very good....my only point was True looks better than they are getting credit for and I was not sure if there was something I am missing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True is definitely a good team but just inconsistent which lets people make a narrative whichever way they want.

True is good - they took the Hawks to OT
True is bad - Crabs beat them bad or Blue Claws beat them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a difference between yelling "he can't go right" and "make him go left," in a fifth grade game.

But either way, it is the coaches' job to instruct the boys in-game, not the parents. Try to relax and enjoy the games without coaching from the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a difference between yelling "he can't go right" and "make him go left," in a fifth grade game.

But either way, it is the coaches' job to instruct the boys in-game, not the parents. Try to relax and enjoy the games without coaching from the sidelines.

Well said and lots of respect for both teams players, hard fought game. For those tuning in, these kids have been playing against each other forever and the games always feel personal between the parents and some of the players. The sideline coaching from True was incessant but hey, the kid scored righty in OT so maybe leave the “strategy” to someone else and just enjoy the games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said and lots of respect for both teams players, hard fought game. For those tuning in, these kids have been playing against each other forever and the games always feel personal between the parents and some of the players. The sideline coaching from True was incessant but hey, the kid scored righty in OT so maybe leave the “strategy” to someone else and just enjoy the games?

hahahaha.... RTPARKER

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahahaha.... RTPARKER

Actually a different lefty scored the game winner— gotta get your stories straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True lost to Blue Claw. A glorified Rec team. Some of these people need to get their heads checked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Y’all can’t be dropping names in here. That’s kinda lame. Especially anonymously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Following along with Madlax out in Vail. Looks like the competition isn’t that great. Maybe Mad Dog will give them a game out there. Couple of those teams playing in Naptown next week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the recent success of the Hawks in this age group—- it only seems inevitable that they will continue to be good and grow better as the year go by. Some of these “anon” posters in here better grow a pair and get used to it. Same goes for the Madlax teams. They are only going to get better. Seems like the posters that come in here are trying to cling to something that’s not sustainable— like True.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the recent success of the Hawks in this age group—- it only seems inevitable that they will continue to be good and grow better as the year go by. Some of these “anon” posters in here better grow a pair and get used to it. Same goes for the Madlax teams. They are only going to get better. Seems like the posters that come in here are trying to cling to something that’s not sustainable— like True.

That’s just it - it’s recent. Hawks were a nice team a year ago but certainly weren’t viewed as the best in HoCo let alone the country. Who knows what shakes out next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s just it - it’s recent. Hawks were a nice team a year ago but certainly weren’t viewed as the best in HoCo let alone the country. Who knows what shakes out next year.

Hawks tryouts on 7/31 should be interesting. Expecting to see a lot of new different helmets on the Severn School turf.

Will we see a Madlax stud trying out? Maybe a few True kids- can’t beat Em might as well join em, hearing FCA is on verge of imploding at both the ‘27 and ‘28 age years. There’s always a few sidewinders, Annapolis based clubs and Green hornets helmets.

If I’m the best player at True, or Madlax or Crabs and I can swing the commute, I’m definitely trying to latch on to this Hawks team and ride the next 4-5 years until
Recruitment age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Victories are earned and nothing is inevitable. That kind of thinking leads to losses. Maybe the Hawks stay on top or maybe another of the HoCo elite teams with similar athletes outworks them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks tryouts on 7/31 should be interesting. Expecting to see a lot of new different helmets on the Severn School turf.

Will we see a Madlax stud trying out? Maybe a few True kids- can’t beat Em might as well join em, hearing FCA is on verge of imploding at both the ‘27 and ‘28 age years. There’s always a few sidewinders, Annapolis based clubs and Green hornets helmets.

If I’m the best player at True, or Madlax or Crabs and I can swing the commute, I’m definitely trying to latch on to this Hawks team and ride the next 4-5 years until
Recruitment age

Heard the Kelly family running some folks away from FCA.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 251 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard