Check the Forums >Tryouts Section to See Which Clubs are Holding Tryouts this Week - Don't Miss Out!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 02:17 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 02:01 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by cltlax - 08/02/21 01:50 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 01:47 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,460
Posts303,303
Members2,323
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 82 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 81 82
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #334752 06/18/21 07:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With 7-9 different scorers per game, Hawks use their attack and middies and have depth, which other teams don’t seem to have in this age group. From other’s posts, It sounds like a very talented group that has been playing together less than a year under unprecedented circumstances and, to date, have put it all on the field. There’s a lot to be excited about with that team as they are just starting out. I’m hoping my kid makes the team next year.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #334757 06/18/21 08:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With 7-9 different scorers per game, Hawks use their attack and middies and have depth, which other teams don’t seem to have in this age group. From other’s posts, It sounds like a very talented group that has been playing together less than a year under unprecedented circumstances and, to date, have put it all on the field. There’s a lot to be excited about with that team as they are just starting out. I’m hoping my kid makes the team next year.

Good luck to him. Tryouts are always fun.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334758 06/18/21 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Madlax/Next Level/True/Hawks parents willing to put it out there (anon of course) that they are looking to change teams this fall at tryouts?

I think I can speak for most Hawks parents, no shot we leave. There is no other team other than True, I guess, that they could go to and play at that level that’s near Annapolis. I love Hogan, no bs, just hard love.

My kid loves the coach as do I. I’m sure a kid or two will leave to play more but even then the coach plays everyone every game and they are practicing with the best. Even the kids at the end of the bench are contributing and getting better.

Would you care to answer? Does your kid play? is he one of those on the end of the roster or like a big contributor? I see mentioned before the Hawks brought down some kids that were playing 27s. I only ask because we’d consider a move but want to see the dynamic

He contributes but there are a lot of contributors. Kids are starting to move to more specialized roles, scorers, distributors, defensive middies etc. there isn’t really a “best middie” or “best attacker” like when they were younger. There were a lot of kids who came from other teams, not just down from 27. We’re glad they came, no big deal. The culture comes from the club director, but the coaches are all great in different ways. They work the kids hard and but also love the kids, just the way I would want it.

My kids have played for several club teams, this has been the best situation. I’m sure there are other great spots, but my kid is happy and getting better. What else is there?

I just hope he makes it next year LOL.

They certainly have a best Middie, and they certainly have 1 or 2 Best attackers!

As a parent who has watched a lot, I don’t know who the best middie is.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334759 06/18/21 08:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anonymously of course- who do you play for now?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334762 06/18/21 09:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Hawks dad. We got you.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #334767 06/18/21 10:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what troubles me about the Hawks. At this age, why are they cutting kids and making it so cut throat to stay on the team. It doesn't say much about actual player development and helping kids out over time. It says a lot about just wanting to win tournaments in 6th grade.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334781 06/19/21 07:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what troubles me about the Hawks. At this age, why are they cutting kids and making it so cut throat to stay on the team. It doesn't say much about actual player development and helping kids out over time. It says a lot about just wanting to win tournaments in 6th grade.

Huh? Please find me the team that doesn’t cut if some big studs come to tryouts.

There isn’t one in the elite bracket.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334782 06/19/21 08:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then it’s not for you or your son.

It’s a 2 way street, I know some monster holdback could theoretically take my kids spot. That’s life. But I’m pretty confident he won’t have a hard time finding another team though.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #334788 06/19/21 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess. The kids are in 5th grade. Would expect that the teams would try and actually develop a player not just cut bait.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #334790 06/19/21 12:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear what you’re saying but to say that a team doesn’t develop players because they cut some players is a bit of a head scratcher. If my kid gets cut then it’s likely because he’s not working or doing what he needs to do to get better.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #334795 06/19/21 03:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then it’s not the team for you and I’m sure you’re very happy wherever you are.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334803 06/19/21 05:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess. The kids are in 5th grade. Would expect that the teams would try and actually develop a player not just cut bait.

It’s made clear at the first tryout when they are in 2nd/3rd grade. I’m sure the other top team do it too, Crabs, NL, FCA and True.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334813 06/19/21 07:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the top 6 HoCo teams held serve today — going 13-1 across a few different tournaments with Madlax off until mid-week. Not much in the way of strong competition though.

Up north, looks like all the 2way people are right and that team is among the top tier of teams. Express North also had a nice day. BBL had a pretty good showing and so did Long Island Express. Legacy did not stay hot following the NAL final appearance. So I’m going to revise my bored MD dad rankings to:

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
4. 91 Venom (difficult to tell where they go since they haven’t played many strong 28 teams yet this summer; playing in a 27 bracket at LaxFest and lost some games but 27 games are tough to compare)
5. Express North
6. BBL
7. Legacy
8. FCA MD
9. Next Level
10. Freedom (PA)
11. True Annapolis
12. Long Island Express
13. Crabs
14. Mooselax
15. Eclipse

Watchlist: 4 Leaf Army, Rebels, LI Rush

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334829 06/19/21 09:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the top 6 HoCo teams held serve today — going 13-1 across a few different tournaments with Madlax off until mid-week. Not much in the way of strong competition though.

Up north, looks like all the 2way people are right and that team is among the top tier of teams. Express North also had a nice day. BBL had a pretty good showing and so did Long Island Express. Legacy did not stay hot following the NAL final appearance. So I’m going to revise my bored MD dad rankings to:

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
4. 91 Venom (difficult to tell where they go since they haven’t played many strong 28 teams yet this summer; playing in a 27 bracket at LaxFest and lost some games but 27 games are tough to compare)
5. Express North
6. BBL
7. Legacy
8. FCA MD
9. Next Level
10. Freedom (PA)
11. True Annapolis
12. Long Island Express
13. Crabs
14. Mooselax
15. Eclipse

How do you know all this? Glad you do it, but until northern and southern team start playing each other it’s just a wild guess.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334832 06/19/21 09:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Hawks
2. 2Way
3. Madlax
5. Express North
6. BBL
7. Legacy
8. FCA MD
9. Next Level
10. Freedom (PA)
11. True Annapolis
12. Long Island Express
13. Crabs
14. Mooselax
15. Eclipse

You’re the Lax dad hero we’ve been waiting for. Nice list.

Like Reply Quote
Page 46 of 82 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 81 82
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard