BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 116 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 115 116
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you don’t like the “National” name or format, pull out of the tournament. No one is making you play. I agree with the previous post, stop whining. I hope your player has more faith in their ability to win than you.
Looks like you don’t have faith in your actual high school athletes ability habits bring college freshman to play

I'm confused. The tournament was open to all players from this year's HS teams. Most the teams playing have seniors playing. If your daughter's team isn't why not? That was a choice made by a parent of a younger player that probably wanted to make sure their daughter got playing time most likely. The tournament rules were clear and given to each school. So is your issue with the tournament directors or all the schools that invited seniors to play when yours did not?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don’t like the “National” name or format, pull out of the tournament. No one is making you play. I agree with the previous post, stop whining. I hope your player has more faith in their ability to win than you.
Looks like you don’t have faith in your actual high school athletes ability habits bring college freshman to play

I'm confused. The tournament was open to all players from this year's HS teams. Most the teams playing have seniors playing. If your daughter's team isn't why not? That was a choice made by a parent of a younger player that probably wanted to make sure their daughter got playing time most likely. The tournament rules were clear and given to each school. So is your issue with the tournament directors or all the schools that invited seniors to play when yours did not?
Their issue is their player is going to lose playing time and they aren't happy. Otherwise you would think they would just be happy the girls get to play after a crappy past 12 months. Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams are letting seniors play in the high school playoff next week? Word is SPSG has their committed kids playing.

There are committed girls playing for every team. It's a HS championship tournament.

What about graduated seniors ?

There are graduated seniors playing for Bryn Mawr, Spalding, SPSG, Stone Ridge, Archbishop Carroll for sure and I'm sure there are others. All players on teams were eligible to play in the tournament. If seniors aren't playing that is a choice each team made. And if teams don't have committed girls playing that was also a choice or maybe the team just doesn't have any.

My daughter plays for one of the teams listed and this just isn’t true.

2021’s shouldn’t be allowed to play. They have graduated and are no longer high school players. Why would they even want to risk getting injured and possibly losing their entire freshman college lax year for what is really a “showcase tournament”. Since it is really a showcase tournament, most teams should narrow it down to uncommitted players but we all know that parent egos would never allow that to happen!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams are letting seniors play in the high school playoff next week? Word is SPSG has their committed kids playing.

There are committed girls playing for every team. It's a HS championship tournament.

There are graduated seniors playing for Bryn Mawr, Spalding, SPSG, Stone Ridge, Archbishop Carroll for sure and I'm sure there are others. All players on teams were eligible to play in the tournament. If seniors aren't playing that is a choice each team made. And if teams don't have committed girls playing that was also a choice or maybe the team just doesn't have any.

2021’s shouldn’t be allowed to play. They have graduated and are no longer high school players. Why would they even want to risk getting injured and possibly losing their entire freshman college lax year for what is really a “showcase tournament”. Since it is really a showcase tournament, most teams should narrow it down to uncommitted players but we all know that parent egos would never allow that to happen!!

Showcase tourney with no college coaches. High schools want to win for bragging rights only. 21’s are the only ones that are guaranteed a college spot and others are playing club hoping to get one. Doesn’t make sense to me to force them to join a team in hopes in leads to more play time next season. Organizers are making a nice bonus though at $300 a kid !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What, no college coaches at NHSLS? Seriously……ugh

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a lot of coaches going. The list is on the website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My graduated daughter is playing along with several other 21s. Their goal is to make the younger players on the team look as good as possible in front of the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes there will be college coaches at NHSLS. Not sure where that lie came from

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is it a showcase tournament when there are playoffs and the finals are being broadcast live on ESPNU?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That list is from 2019

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That list is from 2019

Sorry, I though this was about the National HS Girls Lax Championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That list is from 2019

Yeah let me know who you see there and the 21s can stay away and let the girls that need experience get some. This is about winning a tourney for the coaches and getting on tv and they will call in alumni if needed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah, blah, blah, blah. Stop the complaining and take the field. Like the previous poster said, if you don’t like the rules and format don’t play. Simple as that my fiends. Complaining gets you know where and doesn’t move the bar. Please stop the adolescent complaints. Some graduates are playing and that is a reality. You complaining won’t prevent them from playing. Just don’t come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Don’t come. My high school team is not that good, but we are excited to play the good teams. My daughter is looking forward to lining up against a quality team. Competitors are always looking forward to a challenge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That list is from 2019

Yeah let me know who you see there and the 21s can stay away and let the girls that need experience get some. This is about winning a tourney for the coaches and getting on tv and they will call in alumni if needed.

Have we gotten to the point in our society that you no longer enter tournaments with the intent of winning?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That list is from 2019

Call in alumni? From where senior week? They just graduated last week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They want a participation trophy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Don’t come. My high school team is not that good, but we are excited to play the good teams. My daughter is looking forward to lining up against a quality team. Competitors are always looking forward to a challenge.

Isn’t that what club is for in the summer ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn’t that what club is for in the summer ?

Do you want your daughter to always just play against girls in her own grade? I know my daughter has gotten much better playing against older girls in HS than she ever did in a bunch of club games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I say it again, don’t play. Stop complaining. You won’t get a participation trophy in this tournament. It is very simple, don’t play. No one is making you play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those that are complaining about the seniors, are you going to complain when that 5th year college senior is lined up against your college team? Get used to it. You guys sound like a clinic rec. team parent…”take out that player, she already has three goals against our team”. If you don’t like the format, there are badminton teams that you can join.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those that are complaining about the seniors, are you going to complain when that 5th year college senior is lined up against your college team? Get used to it. You guys sound like a clinic rec. team parent…”take out that player, she already has three goals against our team”. If you don’t like the format, there are badminton teams that you can join.
Can you recommend a good badminton club team,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is in the rules that they can play. My daughter is a graduated senior and as many seniors as are able are playing and they are looking forward to playing together again. Her college coaches will be there and they are looking forward to seeing her and seeing her play. If you don't like the rules, take it up with the tournament organizers. Complaining on an anonymous website won't help.
All day long this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pick a school. Most have badminton club teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It is in the rules that they can play. My daughter is a graduated senior and as many seniors as are able are playing and they are looking forward to playing together again. Her college coaches will be there and they are looking forward to seeing her and seeing her play. If you don't like the rules, take it up with the tournament organizers. Complaining on an anonymous website won't help.

Not when they are taking in $300 a person time 280 players. Nice little payday so let them all play. Just don’t get hurt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Let them play and stay healthy and safe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the boys side of this tournament is not allowing graduated seniors to play. my daughters school is not having the seniors play and is bringing up jv players to see how they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the boys side of this tournament is not allowing graduated seniors to play. my daughters school is not having the seniors play and is bringing up jv players to see how they do.
Can we stop now???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe your daughter's school should be playing by the rules of the tournament they're playing in instead of the rules of the boy's tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe your daughter's school should be playing by the rules of the tournament they're playing in instead of the rules of the boy's tournament.
You’re not the sharpest hammerhead in the shed are you? They are playing by the rules. They just decided to not have any seniors play and instead give some jv girls experience at the varsity level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what about players on a roster that didn't go to that school last year - is that permitted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that’s true, then that’s new this year on the boys side. The last three years graduated seniors have been allowed to come back and play. My son played last year as a graduated senior and the year before two graduating seniors played on his team. Get. Over. It.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what about players on a roster that didn't go to that school last year - is that permitted?

No. The rules specifically state that players must attend the school. However I believe St. Mary's and Arundel have entered a combined team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re not the sharpest hammerhead in the shed are you? They are playing by the rules. They just decided to not have any seniors play and instead give some jv girls experience at the varsity level

Good for them. So why are you on here complaining about schools that do have seniors playing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you complain about graduated seniors playing, but you are fine with combined schools? Give us a break! Sounds like you are fine as long as it benefits you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for them. So why are you on here complaining about schools that do have seniors playing?
To annoy you..it worked

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. The rules specifically state that players must attend the school. However I believe St. Mary's and Arundel have entered a combined team

That’s awesome. Someone gets hurt playing in a combined school event will be great ! The Arundel coach had that happen in the fall with a girl that didn’t play at Arundel !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the same tourney, that the #1 recruit at 2022 in the country had her best friends play in last year that played for different high schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the same tourney, that the #1 recruit at 2022 in the country had her best friends play in last year that played for different high schools?

Yes, but the fall event was a showcase with no playoffs. Different rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had future Terps teammates from other schools playing with her. Dad was coach.

Like Reply Quote
Page 38 of 116 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 115 116
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard