BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2027-6th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your saying Liberty and Jesters stay away from top tournaments?

Liberty teams tend to stay more local at the younger ages. Jump Into June, Queen of the Island, Lax Fest, Summer Slam, etc. Go to the bigger out of state tournaments when they are older.

This seems to have worked as they have had some great older teams. Doesn’t a lot of their players play Manhasset HS? Consistently one of the best HS teams?

Liberty can’t complete with the better teams at any age.

The Liberty A team at this age is fractured because of the nonsense a parent pulled with the 7v7 league. You will see some of the top kids leave. Writing is on the wall for this team. They will always be a B team playing in the A bracket. They will only beat the other B teams in the A bracket. They will never be as good as YJ or FLG. Would love to see them play Top Guns.
so YJ, Top Guns, then the rest? Where do the top liberty players then go? Also doesn’t GC have a team at this age?

FLG, YJ and then TG. Many of these A Liberty kids wouldn’t make A teams in other organizations.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your saying Liberty and Jesters stay away from top tournaments?

Liberty teams tend to stay more local at the younger ages. Jump Into June, Queen of the Island, Lax Fest, Summer Slam, etc. Go to the bigger out of state tournaments when they are older.

Makes sense to train and play local at the younger ages. Unfortunately, the better comp for them does not stay local. They should all play local and get each other better to go take on the MD teams. Plus, why does an 8 year old need to be traveling out of state when we have great players here on LI ?

This is 2027 post. Most are 12, not 8. But I do agree they could play some local.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was reading all these comments and either their are mistakes in all of the scores at Live Love Lax or we have a very uninformed crowd......Here are scores of Day 1 of LLL......
M&D 27 Black (17) to Top Gun 27 Black (3)
BLC 2027 (14) to Top Gun 27 Black (1)

Liberty, Empire and FLG are no where to be found however Jesters 2027 Black did go 2-1 at Lax by Sea playing Steps Elite, Ultimate CC and Blue Devils. Found an app called TSIC-Events that give all scores and is a great hammerhead. After looking at scores throughout all ages i see Top Gun struggling at the younger ages and doing fairly well at the older ages. I see Jesters at the top of every age group at every age so i have to say i disagree with who's developing players and who's not. As far as Liberty, Empire and 91 goes they are not in the same talent pool compared to YJ and Jesters. I have to say it like it is, i used to be very critical of Jesters in years past but they seem to be an up and coming club that get better and better every year. Don't take it from me. Research it like i have and see for yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Top Gun Parent,
Long Island Jesters have passed Top Gun which is exactly why you are sweating them. I have 3 daughters all playing for YJ and we play Jesters everywhere we go. However i don't see Top Gun anywhere so stop your silliness. TG has two good teams left at 2022 and 2023 and after that they are struggling. For example TG 2027 Black Team lost today 17-3 & 14-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw that the Blue Devils playing in an A bracket down in PA and tying all their games. So an 8-5 Jesters win last week doesn’t look that impressive. FLG playing in same tourney in AA bracket thumped NXT Black and Freedom.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ looking rough in Delaware. Two big Ls to low tier Maryland clubs. Uh oh, panic setting in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ looking rough in Delaware. Two big Ls to low tier Maryland clubs. Uh oh, panic setting in.

Nah, team will be ok. Parents...tough to tell. Although everyone raising their hand to be the next parent coach. "Earns" you a starting spot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was reading all these comments and either their are mistakes in all of the scores at Live Love Lax or we have a very uninformed crowd......Here are scores of Day 1 of LLL......
M&D 27 Black (17) to Top Gun 27 Black (3)
BLC 2027 (14) to Top Gun 27 Black (1)

Liberty, Empire and FLG are no where to be found however Jesters 2027 Black did go 2-1 at Lax by Sea playing Steps Elite, Ultimate CC and Blue Devils. Found an app called TSIC-Events that give all scores and is a great hammerhead. After looking at scores throughout all ages i see Top Gun struggling at the younger ages and doing fairly well at the older ages. I see Jesters at the top of every age group at every age so i have to say i disagree with who's developing players and who's not. As far as Liberty, Empire and 91 goes they are not in the same talent pool compared to YJ and Jesters. I have to say it like it is, i used to be very critical of Jesters in years past but they seem to be an up and coming club that get better and better every year. Don't take it from me. Research it like i have and see for yourself.

Jesters trying to hype up their own club!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters with 2 big time wins against Ultimate CC 27/28 combo and BLue Devils 2027 plus a loss to STEPS B team. Hype away!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which games are you referring to? Coppermine and MD United both beat YJ, but those are not “low tier” MD clubs, in fact Coppermine is ranked fifth and MDU ninth in national ranks (granted those rankings are missing some top NY teams).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also beat the #1 ranked team for the second consecutive week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You still rambling about Jesters?? Nobody is buying. move along Jester dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets beat Heros Green back to back weekends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters just comes on here and tries to sell their club. I'm starting to lose the little respect I had for the club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which games are you referring to? Coppermine and MD United both beat YJ, but those are not “low tier” MD clubs, in fact Coppermine is ranked fifth and MDU ninth in national ranks (granted those rankings are missing some top NY teams).

6th grade girls lax Rankings ha ha. Was that the AP poll or USA Today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I mean its not based on opinion. Its just a simple formula that looks at the schedule, goals for and against and the records.

Nobody is is getting a trophy engraved here, I'm just looking at how you define "low tier" clubs.

Speaking of which, Long island Top Guns typically has a strong reputation, looks like the 2027 team is struggling and just pulled out of the A division in Summer Genesis?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings of the 6th-grade girls' team are over the line, but reading and posting about 6th-grade girls' teams on a message board, perfectly fine? LOL.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings of the 6th-grade girls' team are over the line, but reading and posting about 6th-grade girls' teams on a message board, perfectly fine? LOL.

Ranking then at this age is ridiculous. The top teams will most likely stay that way. FLG and YJ will retain the top talent and take it from other clubs. Some movement will happen between the A and B in that club as the rockstars who peak at 12 level out and others catch up. The other A teams will have plenty of rotation. This year you will see a lot of movement. By 9th and 10th grade the kids stay where they are. Parents hopefully realize what their kids potential is or isn’t and are ok with it and stop yelling use your left from the sidelines. There are a small percentage of scholarships out there. Try not to hang your hat that your kid is definitely going to get one. And that free ride for lax you are expecting is slim to none. Been through this with my older one. Play travel because they love the sport and are having fun. Stop chasing the next best A team and don’t count the B team kids out yet. They are only 11/12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ranking then at this age is ridiculous. The top teams will most likely stay that way. FLG and YJ will retain the top talent and take it from other clubs. Some movement will happen between the A and B in that club as the rockstars who peak at 12 level out and others catch up. The other A teams will have plenty of rotation. This year you will see a lot of movement. By 9th and 10th grade the kids stay where they are. Parents hopefully realize what their kids potential is or isn’t and are ok with it and stop yelling use your left from the sidelines. There are a small percentage of scholarships out there. Try not to hang your hat that your kid is definitely going to get one. And that free ride for lax you are expecting is slim to none. Been through this with my older one. Play travel because they love the sport and are having fun. Stop chasing the next best A team and don’t count the B team kids out yet. They are only 11/12.

FLG? Top “A” club team? Looking for a team for my daughter and was wondering, because people say different. Is the 6th grade level better at FLG than it’s older teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG? Top “A” club team? Looking for a team for my daughter and was wondering, because people say different. Is the 6th grade level better at FLG than it’s older teams?

Clubs can vary by year. The FLG team at this age is good. Not sure if I think they are better than YJ A but up there. The YJ also have made a strong B team that would beat most A teams. Don’t get so hung up on A&B. Find a coach with a good track record that has a philosophy that you agree with. Just because an organization has an A & B team means nothing. Their A team may be better than their B but can’t compete with other legit A teams. Wait till they start adding AA teams! These clubs will carry as many teams as they can. Even if they can’t compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aces Elite 27 seems to be in that top tier, ahead of YJ. Who else is at the elite level in 27 age group outside of the Hero's Green and M&D?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aces Elite isn’t a LI team. Most of this conversation has been based on the LI teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aces Elite isn’t a LI team. Most of this conversation has been based on the LI teams.

Yep, like Monster, they are upstate, I am just trying to figure out the best outside the state of MD, which I think I have a pretty good understanding of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I mean its not based on opinion. Its just a simple formula that looks at the schedule, goals for and against and the records.

Nobody is is getting a trophy engraved here, I'm just looking at how you define "low tier" clubs.

Speaking of which, Long island Top Guns typically has a strong reputation, looks like the 2027 team is struggling and just pulled out of the A division in Summer Genesis?

Bro get some help. I’m guessing this is your oldest kid? Don’t spend your afternoons scrolling tourney machine. None of this matters as long as she is getting better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aces is the best non MD team Ive seen. On another level than nearly all other teams. Best shooters out of all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Aces is the best non MD team Ive seen. On another level than nearly all other teams. Best shooters out of all.

Where are they from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Aces is the best non MD team Ive seen. On another level than nearly all other teams. Best shooters out of all.

Where are they from?

Rochester, NY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams have the best training on Long Island? I’m trying to figure out what clubs to tryout for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why the post about YJ got removed. Hum? Issues with the 2027 A team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are they from?

Ok Aces parent. You know where they are from

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not sure why the post about YJ got removed. Hum? Issues with the 2027 A team?[/quote

what was the post about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World series for girls starting next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope not

It means nothing. It’s a hyped up event. Fun for the kids and families in it but it means squat in the long run. At least they didn’t have to fly to Denver this year just to play other NY teams. So dense. They are in 7th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope not

It means nothing. It’s a hyped up event. Fun for the kids and families in it but it means squat in the long run. At least they didn’t have to fly to Denver this year just to play other NY teams. So dense. They are in 7th grade.

The early adopters here will win like the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG and Liberty tryouts are at same time this year. Which is the stronger team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty A team is in trouble and many are rumored to be looking elsewhere. The Liberty B team is a non event. TG has been struggling lately at many age levels. They tend to play many tournaments away so that is something to consider. Also need to decide how hard core your kid wants to be. Liberty parents are nuts and are constantly adding extra “voluntary” practices which don’t seem voluntary. She could wind up practicing 4 days a week and still won’t be as good as FLG or the YJ teams. That said if your daughter is good you could call these clubs and see if they will evaluate her on a different day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions of Club cost this year ?

Lets hear it shoot !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty A team is in trouble and many are rumored to be looking elsewhere. The Liberty B team is a non event. TG has been struggling lately at many age levels. They tend to play many tournaments away so that is something to consider. Also need to decide how hard core your kid wants to be. Liberty parents are nuts and are constantly adding extra “voluntary” practices which don’t seem voluntary. She could wind up practicing 4 days a week and still won’t be as good as FLG or the YJ teams. That said if your daughter is good you could call these clubs and see if they will evaluate her on a different day.

Liberty plays more fluff to make themselves look better but not an a team compared to the better clubs. If they entered legit a brackets the girls wouldn’t be so high on themselves. Top guns better, play better events but I’ve heard mixed things. Find a spot where the coaching is good and she is going to learn and get better. The rest will figure itself out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. What mixed things about TG have you heard? They seem to have some very strong years.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard