BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 169 of 214 1 2 167 168 169 170 171 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh girl scored 100 goal of her career yesterday. The same day Wantagh won the class C semifinals. After the game the girls parents brought balloons shaped as the number 100 and made a big deal over it. I thought this was a team sport and yesterday was about the team making it to county’s. Lastly all the girls had to stand aside and watch this kid receive her parents accolades, Anyone have a thought on this?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wantagh girl scored 100 goal of her career yesterday. The same day Wantagh won the class C semifinals. After the game the girls parents brought balloons shaped as the number 100 and made a big deal over it. I thought this was a team sport and yesterday was about the team making it to county’s. Lastly all the girls had to stand aside and watch this kid receive her parents accolades, Anyone have a thought on this?

Celebrate it at home. Unless the actual team does it for their teammate. Parents should not do that at the field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are the girls playoff games not at a neutral site? This seems totally unfair! Nassau playoffs are at neutral site. What’s wrong with Section XI?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh boy, the jealousy never ends.... Nothing wrong with celebrating both the Team and an individual accomplishment. I watched the Maryland Men's Team make a big deal over Jared Bernhardt when he broke the Maryland scoring record, Penn State celebrated Mac O'Keefe when he broke the NCAA scoring record. I'm sure it's done all the time those are just two that happened this year that I remember.

Celebrate your teammates successes and accomplishments don't be bitter or resentful.

Too many parents rooting against their daughters own teammates. Toxic environment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the Wantagh young lady on her 100th career goal. That is an awesome accomplishment. Shame on her teammates parents for being so negative. Do we really need to tear everyone down? Sad part is your daughter and her are probably friends and you probably went over and congratulated the kid and her parents!

No need to root against your teammates..... you all wear the same uniform!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh boy, the jealousy never ends.... Nothing wrong with celebrating both the Team and an individual accomplishment. I watched the Maryland Men's Team make a big deal over Jared Bernhardt when he broke the Maryland scoring record, Penn State celebrated Mac O'Keefe when he broke the NCAA scoring record. I'm sure it's done all the time those are just two that happened this year that I remember.

Celebrate your teammates successes and accomplishments don't be bitter or resentful.

Too many parents rooting against their daughters own teammates. Toxic environment.

Don’t think anyone saying it shouldn’t be celebrated! Just like you said “ The Maryland’s Men Team” celebrated their player. I think the problem is the parents facilitating it! Should be from the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are the girls playoff games not at a neutral site? This seems totally unfair! Nassau playoffs are at neutral site. What’s wrong with Section XI?

GREAT question! What is wrong with section XI!?!? Also putting playoffs on weekends where girls couldn’t do their recruiting stuff … was a miss

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

non-story, girls love her and are happy for her. They are "tough" enough to wait for a team photo while she gets recognized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

non-story, girls love her and are happy for her. They are "tough" enough to wait for a team photo while she gets recognized.

Haters gonna detest...

Congratulations to the girl!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally missing the point. OP - I don’t think Was about celebrating the achievement ? She totally deserved the individual accolades and attention. Congrats to the player!

I think the post was a statement about the parents and them making the celebration? Shouldn’t it be the teammates and coaches ? No one saying she shouldn’t be recognized.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally missing the point. OP - I don’t think Was about celebrating the achievement ? She totally deserved the individual accolades and attention. Congrats to the player!

I think the post was a statement about the parents and them making the celebration? Shouldn’t it be the teammates and coaches ? No one saying she shouldn’t be recognized.

What difference does it make? Just curious, what exactly was done? How long did this take? Did the parents give a long speech or something? Did they bring out the marching band? Did the parents do whatever they did on their own without the Coaches and or AD being informed?

Just doesn't seem like a big deal to me to recognize the accomplishment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What difference does it make? Just curious, what exactly was done? How long did this take? Did the parents give a long speech or something? Did they bring out the marching band? Did the parents do whatever they did on their own without the Coaches and or AD being informed?

Just doesn't seem like a big deal to me to recognize the accomplishment.

When you say “the parents” do you mean “her parents”. Ie.The players parents.
Did anyone else realize this milestone was approaching other than mom & dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good game between Northport and Smithtown, a shame it wasn’t at a neutral location and every call wasn’t against Smithtown. How much does CR pay refs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBP wins girls class C Suffolk title beating Mt Sinai. The end of an era for Mt Sinai. BBP graduates a ton of talent. Suffolk C is up for grabs next year.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Good game between Northport and Smithtown, a shame it wasn’t at a neutral location and every call wasn’t against Smithtown. How much does CR pay refs?

It was a good game. Agree it should have been neutral location and disagree the statement about how the game was called. I thought Smithtown was going tie it towards the end of the game but good goalie play. Congratulations to both teams for a great final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Garden City Parent, kudos to her! the league has always been a gauntlet. Stop hating!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBP wins girls class C Suffolk title beating Mt Sinai. The end of an era for Mt Sinai. BBP graduates a ton of talent. Suffolk C is up for grabs next year.

When is the BBP v. Manhasset game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Playoff games should always be in a neutral site. Diesn’t Nassau do that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Playoff games should always be in a neutral site. Diesn’t Nassau do that?

Yes! It’s a definite game changer. Shame on section XI for not doing their job.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

When is the BBP v. Manhasset game?

Wantagh vs Manhasset tomorrow at Bethpage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBP graduates 3 Top talent players and brings in a wave of new talent to join the current underclass players already playing. Many other programs not getting stronger. Should be a good run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When two teams pretty evenly matched and one gets home field advantage , it gives them an edge. I feel all Championship games should be played on a neutral field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Blue Bloods coming for section xi:

Class A: Massapequa, NY
Class B: Garden City, NY
Class C: Manhasset, NY
Class D, Cold Spring Harbor, NY

just got chills typing that sheeshhh!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Massapequa and CM will take a beating. GC and Manhasset will deliver one. Looks like the Island will split 50/50

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not that frosty

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Massapequa and CM will take a beating. GC and Manhasset will deliver one. Looks like the Island will split 50/50

I think BPP will handle Manhasset. Wantagh gave them a game today. Northport had a lot of turnovers against Smithtown and will have to play better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC defense has some big weaknesses. Southside just couldn't capitalize.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Southside was 2 players down for last 8 min.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty wild that all county champs played each other during the regular season. Anyone know why it is set up that way? Think power ranking would be:

GC
Manhasset
CSH
Massapequa

Would love to see GC v BBP.

Would also be great to have some sort of nassau/ suffolk tournament of champs at the beginning of the season like they do in college bball ( Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Mich State). Maybe take the champs from prior year as a starting point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pequa a "blueblood" ? haha It won't be pretty when they play NPort!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty wild that all county champs played each other during the regular season. Anyone know why it is set up that way? Think power ranking would be:

GC
Manhasset
CSH
Massapequa

Would also be great to have some sort of nassau/ suffolk tournament of champs at the beginning of the season like they do in college bball ( Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Mich State). Maybe take the champs from prior year as a starting point

Nassau has a power conference for the season. The top 10 teams are in the power conference regardless of their class. Once the season is over they all go back to their respective class for playoffs. Also, every team in the power conference makes the postseason regardless of their overall record. As an example, Massapequa has a season record under .500 but won the Class A section championship. Class A in Nassau seems on face value to be the weakest class this year All 4 teams in the playoffs were under .500. With that being said they played a tough schedule (power conference). Cold Spring Harbor may have a losing record but Center Moriches better bring their "A" game...their winning record is far from impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC
Manhasset
CSH
Massapequa

Nassau has power conference for regular season. Once playoffs start they go back to their conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When two teams pretty evenly matched and one gets home field advantage , it gives them an edge. I feel all Championship games should be played on a neutral field.

Then throw in the awful officiating in that Smithtown/Northport game and those SE girls were up against it. A string of calls starting with 5 minutes left in the 1st half let Northport erase a 6-2 deficit and got them back in the game. At one point, calls had to be 12-1 against SE, insane. Carol was working those refs all game, at least they'll stay on the summer circuit ref schedule now, a shame it came at the expense of 7 seniors on SE that have been YJ since 6th grade. 3 that she personally coached.

Kudos to the NPT goalie, she made 3 clutch saves with under 3 minutes left, huge stops. Anyway, on to college lacrosse for us. Enjoy your summers.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop, Nassau is going to get smoked, just like every year. Maybe GC pulls it out. The top 5 teams in Suffolk A would beat Pequa handily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Port Jeff did their homework and almost stopped the Center Moriches Stat Padders. Cold Spring Harbor will certainly shut down their two girl offense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Southside was 2 players down for last 8 min.

True, but the game was over before that point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll take GC and CSH, perhaps not even close. Northport over Pequa, Set vs BBP should be a great game. Really don't know which way to lean.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC
Manhasset
CSH
Massapequa

Nassau has a power conference for the season. The top 10 teams are in the power conference regardless of their class. Once the season is over they all go back to their respective class for playoffs. Also, every team in the power conference makes the postseason regardless of their overall record. As an example, Massapequa has a season record under .500 but won the Class A section championship. Class A in Nassau seems on face value to be the weakest class this year All 4 teams in the playoffs were under .500. With that being said they played a tough schedule (power conference). Cold Spring Harbor may have a losing record but Center Moriches better bring their "A" game...their winning record is far from impressive.

Thanks for the explanation. Make sense to have this. Just took a peak at the suffolk “Divisions” and goodness 22 teams in Div 1 and 24 team in Div 2. Doesn’t seem like they get much of a test during regular season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop, Nassau is going to get smoked, just like every year. Maybe GC pulls it out. The top 5 teams in Suffolk A would beat Pequa handily.

Did you happen to see Manhasset on that list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then throw in the awful officiating in that Smithtown/Northport game and those SE girls were up against it. A string of calls starting with 5 minutes left in the 1st half let Northport erase a 6-2 deficit and got them back in the game. At one point, calls had to be 12-1 against SE, insane. Carol was working those refs all game, at least they'll stay on the summer circuit ref schedule now, a shame it came at the expense of 7 seniors on SE that have been YJ since 6th grade. 3 that she personally coached.

Kudos to the NPT goalie, she made 3 clutch saves with under 3 minutes left, huge stops. Anyway, on to college lacrosse for us. Enjoy your summers.

Agree! Refs stopped critical fast break, Let NP girl get away with hitting ST girl in head (she was even bleeding), called draw early on ST when NP girl moved first, let NP girl run out of bounds with ball, then called a push after she ran back in and got pushed with under a minute in game. The refs handed NP that game, SE was man down for 6min for absolute nonsense.. Even id they scored in final seconds, the refs certainly would have called the goal back. Was just ridiculous and would have been a different game at a neutral location! Other than that, I hope NP demolishes Pequa! .

Like Reply Quote
Page 169 of 214 1 2 167 168 169 170 171 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard