BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is NYS Regionals similar to American Selects and Under Armour? As far as being considered for a team and does it attract the top regions players?

It’s no where close to UA neither is American select as its newer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you rather start on JV and be the main option or play behind upper classman? Not to mention that two of the attack on SA are lights out! The other 24's who made varsity are middies or defenders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SA has a great program and has produced many great players over the years. They weren’t able to play public schools this year so hard to determine. My daughter played against them this year and they have a very solid team, they could probably give many teams on li a close game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SA has a great program and has produced many great players over the years. They weren’t able to play public schools this year so hard to determine. My daughter played against them this year and they have a very solid team, they could probably give many teams on li a close game.

Not only close , I think they could beat a lot of the LI public school teams with their talent. Plenty of great young talent rising as well. It will be interesting to see next year how they do, when they get a chance to play out of conference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not only close , I think they could beat a lot of the LI public school teams with their talent. Plenty of great young talent rising as well. It will be interesting to see next year how they do, when they get a chance to play out of conference.

Yes very hard to tell but they are very likely top 5 on LI.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other 24's that play SA varsity are not attack. Play middie or defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the rosters of the AS teams on their website. They were just posted recently. The big clubs have pushed their players away from UA and the AS teams are loaded with the top players from the best clubs. The UA teams will still be very good and it's just more opportunities for more girls to be on a great team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the rosters of the AS teams on their website. They were just posted recently. The big clubs have pushed their players away from UA and the AS teams are loaded with the top players from the best clubs. The UA teams will still be very good and it's just more opportunities for more girls to be on a great team.

Rosters for MD - AS team? LI has not had tryouts yet. Where are the rosters posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rosters for MD - AS team? LI has not had tryouts yet. Where are the rosters posted?

https://americanselectlacrosse.com/rosters

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but the list for the MD 2024 AS Team is definitely not the top players in the region. Not by a long shot actually.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but the list for the MD 2024 AS Team is definitely not the top players in the region. Not by a long shot actually.

Then LI should win. You must know lots about the MD teams or your daughter didn’t make it ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's because the best girls will be playing in the UA games. Much more prestigious event no matter how CR tries to spin it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know Maryland 2024, but the girls are from M&D black and to top teams in those MD clubs. I see a couple familiar names that are on the girls to watch lists on the AS roster. It looks like the top clubs are pushing American Select. There are plenty of very talented girls to fill both the AS and UA teams. It is great achievement to be on either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because the best girls will be playing in the UA games. Much more prestigious event no matter how CR tries to spin it![/quote]

CR spins it this way so she can make more money by convincing everyone otherwise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 black and 2 red by my count. Couple from the watch list and Coach Levys daughter. I guess they sent their best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 black and 2 red by my count. Couple from the watch list and Coach Levys daughter. I guess they sent their best.

Interesting. I guess the other half of black going to UA ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both are great events. Try to make one and if you do you will love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are our Long Island 2024 girls doing in tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how you can say American Select is a great event, this is its first year. The M&D Black 24 coach is the coach for American Select so most went to that event. Having both events the same weekend spreads the talent out with neither being the best it could be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are our Long Island 2024 girls doing in tournaments?

It seems like they’re dominating for the most part. YJ wiener won all four this weekend. Legacy and top guns black aren’t having the best showing, but unlike teams like Bengals, Bandits Hall, FLG they are playing in the correct bracket. If those three teams think they should be playing teams like rush, recon, etc they are nuts. Putting yourself in a cruddy bracket so you can rack up the score on teams that can’t even catch a ball doesn’t make you a good team, it makes you afraid to play real competition. At least legacy lost against good teams, same with Ramos and Kildare who lost a few and didn’t look the best but at least played in the correct bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how you can say American Select is a great event, this is its first year. The M&D Black 24 coach is the coach for American Select so most went to that event. Having both events the same weekend spreads the talent out with neither being the best it could be.

Both great opportunities. Is that better? There is plenty of talent in Md for both but lots of the top players have made AS !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what a shock since the M&D 24 Black coach is coaching the 24 MD AS team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what these NYS Regional tryouts are about? Not much info available. TIA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what a shock since the M&D 24 Black coach is coaching the 24 MD AS team

Coaches don’t select in American select. His team is pretty good so I hope you don’t think he picked only his girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D Black 2024 lost to SW 2024 Blue this weekend. Not sure why the coach keeps bringing in players from Colorado/North Carolina/Virginia etc. He has a great team, why mess with what has been working? You got girls who are working their @ss off, in practice, training, etc. being passed aside for the bright shiny hammerhead, that looks good on youtube videos playing against bad competition. Also a word to the coach, let the girls play, stop micromanaging every situtation. These girls know how to play lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it even worth trying out? Does it stack against UA or even AS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D Black 2024 lost to SW 2024 Blue this weekend. Not sure why the coach keeps bringing in players from Colorado/North Carolina/Virginia etc. He has a great team, why mess with what has been working? You got girls who are working their @ss off, in practice, training, etc. being passed aside for the bright shiny hammerhead, that looks good on youtube videos playing against bad competition. Also a word to the coach, let the girls play, stop micromanaging every situtation. These girls know how to play lacrosse.

Both the NC kids will go to major D1 programs so I do not see them being the problem, other than to your ego.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And 1 of the NC kids has been on the team for years.

M&D/Hero's/YJ/Skywalkers all have at least a team or 2 (or more) with a few kids from out of state. It happens all of the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone notice that the NYSR evaluators were yellow jackets coaches and that the majority of the team is yellow jackets?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing new…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone notice that the NYSR evaluators were yellow jackets coaches and that the majority of the team is yellow jackets?

I for one am completely shocked by this turn of events

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t the bcd teams want to be valued and not always second best to the a kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which tryout? I think Legacy guy was one of the main evaluators at Suffolk tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is by far the biggest program & does the most for the largest amount of girls; so it makes sense that they have more involved. Hopefully, your club steps up & provides valve

DIRECTORS
Matt Maloney – Bayport Blue Point Assistant Coach

Ryan Gick – Bayport Blue Point Head Coach

Steve Levy – East Islip Head Coach

Tommy Zummo – Islip Assistant Coach

Carol Rose & Tracy Weiner – Long Island Director

Any questions please contact: nysrclacrosse@gmail.com or 631-553-2398

COACHES
2022: Bri Arthur, was @ Canisius College

2023: Jess Volpe, Harborfields Head Coach

2024: Alexis Curcio, Northport Head Coach

2025: Al Bertelone, Mt Sinai Head Coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t the bcd teams want to be valued and not always second best to the a kids?

Anyone have a link to the rosters? Are they published somewhere?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree but MND 2024 Black has won about 99% of their games since 5th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all. Looking for some advice. Posting here because This seems like more of an active group. New to girls travel, my son plays so I know the lay of the land for the boys. My daughter will be in 3rd grade next fall. Looking for a lower level girls travel team that practices somewhere near eastern suffolk north shore. Was thinking get her on a lower level team this year, or do 91’s k-3 group this year for her and a team next year. Don’t want one with too big of a commitment as she does competitive cheer which is time consuming already. Thanks. Any advice helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all. Looking for some advice. Posting here because This seems like more of an active group. New to girls travel, my son plays so I know the lay of the land for the boys. My daughter will be in 3rd grade next fall. Looking for a lower level girls travel team that practices somewhere near eastern suffolk north shore. Was thinking get her on a lower level team this year, or do 91’s k-3 group this year for her and a team next year. Don’t want one with too big of a commitment as she does competitive cheer which is time consuming already. Thanks. Any advice helps.

So, your daughter is a rising 3rd grader who already does "competitive" cheer and you are looking for a "low level" travel lacrosse team.... At the risk of sounding rude, may I suggest that you take a step back and evaluate your overall perspective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And 1 of the NC kids has been on the team for years.

M&D/Hero's/YJ/Skywalkers all have at least a team or 2 (or more) with a few kids from out of state. It happens all of the time.

Any idea how that works? Do the out of state players train on their own and just come to tournaments or do they move to the area for June/July?

Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard