BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL can someone please start a holdback thread so we don’t have to listen to this BS anymore? Also please check back in next year when your kid is in HS and playing against kids 3-4 years older than him. Oh wait that’s if he makes the squad. Like you said hit the weight room and maybe the Fresh/Soph field if he’s lucky

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not all of them are 9th graders - some liked 8th so much, they are doing it again next year. Watch how many follow MM's lead and have their boys repeat 8th grade. For those of you who lost to 91 2025 this year, you won't have to worry about facing some of their better players in HS until at least 2023.

You do know the 91 Team starts.....wait for it....a whopping 2 holdbacks. The FOGO and an attackman, so I would argue there are plenty of other squads who roll with more 'hold backs' than that!? Especially the team they trounced in the championship. Stop hating and sorry your son has not grown.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by BOTCUser34
Not all of them are 9th graders - some liked 8th so much, they are doing it again next year. Watch how many follow MM's lead and have their boys repeat 8th grade. For those of you who lost to 91 2025 this year, you won't have to worry about facing some of their better players in HS until at least 2023.

You do know the 91 Team starts.....wait for it....a whopping 2 holdbacks. The FOGO and an attackman, so I would argue there are plenty of other squads who roll with more 'hold backs' than that!? Especially the team they trounced in the championship. Stop hating and sorry your son has not grown.....

And the Fogo is 5 foot nothing and most of the guys on here complain about holdbacks because they have hit puberty and tower over the other boys. Like the previous poster said there are 2. 91 runs out and competes against teams with many more than that and beats them repeatedly - NL and HHH just to name a few. We welcome playing older kids just makes the team better anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HUDL doesn’t lie—they were even the whole game. The final tally from 16 draws without procedures was 7 wins for 91 and 6 wins for DCE. One of those was a dropped ball after winning outright.

We liked having Griff Meyer in the league this year. Made it more interesting and a better run up to high school. Got to see what going up against a Sophomore will be like next year—or is it a Junior?

So #1 will be hitting the weight room. Thanks for the motivation. #reclassy

HUDL doesn't lie, so maybe you need to brush up on stat keeping guidelines?

FO 1 - 91
FO 2 - DCE
FO 3 - 91 -> Goal
FO 4 - DCE
FO 5 - 91
FO 6 - 91 -> DCE FOV
FO 7 - 91
FO 8 - 91 - > DCE FOV
FO 9 - 91
FO 10 - DCE -> 91 FOV
FO 11 - DCE
FO 12 - DCE
FO 13 - DCE
FO 14 - 91
FO 15 - 91

So clearly they were not even the whole game. 91 had won 7 of the first 9 FO's. Thanks for trying tho.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HUDL doesn’t lie—they were even the whole game. The final tally from 16 draws without procedures was 7 wins for 91 and 6 wins for DCE. One of those was a dropped ball after winning outright.

We liked having Griff Meyer in the league this year. Made it more interesting and a better run up to high school. Got to see what going up against a Sophomore will be like next year—or is it a Junior?

So #1 will be hitting the weight room. Thanks for the motivation. #reclassy

HUDL doesn't lie, so maybe you need to brush up on stat keeping guidelines?

FO 1 - 91
FO 2 - DCE
FO 3 - 91 -> Goal
FO 4 - DCE
FO 5 - 91
FO 6 - 91 -> DCE FOV
FO 7 - 91
FO 8 - 91 - > DCE FOV
FO 9 - 91
FO 10 - DCE -> 91 FOV
FO 11 - DCE
FO 12 - DCE
FO 13 - DCE
FO 14 - 91
FO 15 - 91

So clearly they were not even the whole game. 91 had won 7 of the first 9 FO's. Thanks for trying tho.

Not to mention DCE #1 was totally outplayed and got dominated in the playoffs only winning 2 of 17 against the 91 kid. Guess he should learn some counters after getting beat in the first match up and not even competitive in the playoffs in addition to hitting the weight room. Maybe more practice would help? Just trying to help, Jeff.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the Fogo is 5 foot nothing and most of the guys on here complain about holdbacks because they have hit puberty and tower over the other boys. Like the previous poster said there are 2. 91 runs out and competes against teams with many more than that and beats them repeatedly - NL and HHH just to name a few. We welcome playing older kids just makes the team better anyway.

Older does not necessarily correlate to better. The sooner some of these parents learn that the sooner we can move on from this my-team-cant-compete-because-holdbacks nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Older does not necessarily correlate to better. The sooner some of these parents learn that the sooner we can move on from this my-team-cant-compete-because-holdbacks nonsense.

Not nonsense at all. You holdback apologists constantly talk about how it isnt an advantage,

holdback/prefirst/reclass WORKS !! Every MIAA coach has held his son back that has played. If you are born Sept-Dec, chances are you dont need to be heldback, but even then, I know of a coach that held his son back born then. Most of chatter from on age players parents is from Sept-DEC birthday players. The rest ( especially summer birthdays) know the drill, do a prefirst or hold them back later.

Duke used to put birthdays on its rooster, I went thru it once. Only 4 players on team were on age for that college year that were born after March . The majority were a year older ( heldback) or born between Sept-DEC .

Sorry people, Holding back works, turns average to good players one year in youth, to very good players after holding back.
More playing time, coaching, etc.

This thing about holding back not working is pure delusional. It does.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"This thing about holding back not working is pure delusional. It does."

Turns out, it's just immoral.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"This thing about holding back not working is pure delusional. It does."

Wait....what? What does morality have to do with your kid repeating the 8th grade? In hockey they have something called 'juniors" where kids go to play often for a couple of years prior to playing in colleges. Is that immoral? What about a PG year? You can disagree, but I think it's a parents' or kids choice. I'm not sure why it even affects anybody else. Some kids go through puberty and are almost full men at 13 while others haven't even started by age 15..they still play on the same team...and that's fair. Look at any middle school class, regardless of athletes, and these boys all look so different. It will even out soon and thankfully these colleges aren't still recruiting in the 8th grade. Morality has nothing to do with reclassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait....what? What does morality have to do with your kid repeating the 8th grade? In hockey they have something called 'juniors" where kids go to play often for a couple of years prior to playing in colleges. Is that immoral? What about a PG year? You can disagree, but I think it's a parents' or kids choice. I'm not sure why it even affects anybody else. Some kids go through puberty and are almost full men at 13 while others haven't even started by age 15..they still play on the same team...and that's fair. Look at any middle school class, regardless of athletes, and these boys all look so different. It will even out soon and thankfully these colleges aren't still recruiting in the 8th grade. Morality has nothing to do with reclassing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents...... Your boys are going into 9th grade....HS. If you are still worried about the kid that is 1 year older than yours, how do you expect Johnny to make Varsity? You need to forget the holdback conversation, take Johnny to the gym and start getting him stronger, its a secret but at HS tryout the boys will be 4-5 years older than him. The time for excuses are over, if he is good he may make JV, if not he can play freshman, or you can hold him back a year to help him get stronger and better.

PS .... No college coach ever asked " how old is he", they just ask " what grade is he in"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents...... Your boys are going into 9th grade....HS. If you are still worried about the kid that is 1 year older than yours, how do you expect Johnny to make Varsity? You need to forget the holdback conversation, take Johnny to the gym and start getting him stronger, its a secret but at HS tryout the boys will be 4-5 years older than him. The time for excuses are over, if he is good he may make JV, if not he can play freshman, or you can hold him back a year to help him get stronger and better.

PS .... No college coach ever asked " how old is he", they just ask " what grade is he in"

Amazing..... Johnny doesn't need to make Varsity when he is 9th grade, and even if he does, he probably won't play that much. If he is in any kind of a competitive lacrosse school, there will be lots of talent older than him. Wait your turn until sophomore, junior, or even the senior year based on how the cards fall. If I'm not mistaken there was this guy named Pat Spencer who didn't see significant playing time at Boys Latin until later in his high school career because the program was loaded with talent ahead of him. Things managed to turn out okay for him. Be patient, enjoy the ride, don't worry about keeping up with the Jones'. Life is waaaaay too short. It's just lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In northern VA, I have seen public high school freshmen playing varsity. They are good for their age but they really have no business playing varsity. Don't even ask me why they are on the varsity team - perhaps just not enough talent to go around in the public schools. Not sure how it would hurt them to spend a year or two on the JV team.

Apparently there are people who are willing and able to pay $30k - $40k to have their kid repeat 8th grade at a private school. Great for them, I guess. Seems kinda crazy to me tbh.

My own 8th grade son, when I told him there were kids repeating 8th grade, said "heck no, I want to get done with school as soon as possible".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve seen a few freshman playing public school Varsity. I’ve even seen a kid who only played lacrosse one year play Varsity. Private schools are definitely poaching the talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In northern VA, I have seen public high school freshmen playing varsity. They are good for their age but they really have no business playing varsity. Don't even ask me why they are on the varsity team - perhaps just not enough talent to go around in the public schools. Not sure how it would hurt them to spend a year or two on the JV team.

Apparently there are people who are willing and able to pay $30k - $40k to have their kid repeat 8th grade at a private school. Great for them, I guess. Seems kinda crazy to me tbh.

My own 8th grade son, when I told him there were kids repeating 8th grade, said "heck no, I want to get done with school as soon as possible".

D1 may not be in his future then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the question becomes: What does (attempting to) play D1 get your son?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought the benefit of holdbacks was chiefly in connection with early recruiting. If recruiting occurs in 9th or 10th grade, then holding back is a big advantage. If recruiting occurs in 11th or 12th grade, then most kids will have caught up. Now there is no more early recruiting, is the incentive to holdback still there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New US Club lacrosse rankings have been released for those interested in checking them out.

https://www.USCL.com/rank?v=1025&alpha=N&y=2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New US Club lacrosse rankings have been released for those interested in checking them out.

Rankings based on what playing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rankings based on what playing?

Click on the team name in the rankings and you will see what games they are basing the ranking on. Basically all games since the start of last fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bragging Rights and an elite team to play on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess if you play for Salisbury you don't get to brag about your numerous championships because you're D3 and thus not "elite"?

Or if you go to MIT, you gotta feel bad because your team is D3 and has never won a championship so no elite bragging for you. If only you went to mighty Syracuse instead of dogsh*t MIT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess if you play for Salisbury you don't get to brag about your numerous championships because you're D3 and thus not "elite"?

Or if you go to MIT, you gotta feel bad because your team is D3 and has never won a championship so no elite bragging for you. If only you went to mighty Syracuse instead of dogsh*t MIT!

Correct, D3 Seriously ?? MIT over Cruse , come on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty much everything below 40 isn't really "elite" and will get beaten by the top D3s.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse-men/d1/ncaa-mens-lacrosse-rpi

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty much everything below 40 isn't really "elite" and will get beaten by the top D3s.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse-men/d1/ncaa-mens-lacrosse-rpi

The couple of Top D3 teams will give the last few 10-15 D1 and run for their money and may even possibly win, but the rest and top 40 crush any D3 team. Not even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D1 may not be in his future then

Obvious you have your son shooting for D3, not that there is anything wrong with it as Seinfeld said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obvious you have your son shooting for D3, not that there is anything wrong with it as Seinfeld said.

Uh his kid is in 8th grade. If you think you know your 8th grade kid is going to play D1, you’re deluded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uh his kid is in 8th grade. If you think you know your 8th grade kid is going to play D1, you’re deluded.

Age wise probably a 9th grader and already has shown what athletic talent he has and size he will be for the most part , D1 is not for all. He knows by now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone play at Trilogy this past weekend? Curious why Cannons didn't advance at 3-0 in pool play. Their choice or tournament choice?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone play at Trilogy this past weekend? Curious why Cannons didn't advance at 3-0 in pool play. Their choice or tournament choice?

Probably running from the competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check Tourney Machine. Cannon Blue went 1-2 (Carolina Pool B/A) but Gold went 3-0 (Black Pool AA/AAA) but looks like must have come up short on the tie breaker for the playoff pool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check Tourney Machine. Cannon Blue went 1-2 (Carolina Pool B/A) but Gold went 3-0 (Black Pool AA/AAA) but looks like must have come up short on the tie breaker for the playoff pool.

They went 3-0, but TEAM advanced after going 2-1 and a loss to Cannons. Cannons listed 3rd in standings behind TEAM and PLC (1-2)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were scheduled to play Jersey Express in semifinals. Trilogy had to move TEAM Lacrosse in to take their spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were scheduled to play Jersey Express in semifinals. Trilogy had to move TEAM Lacrosse in to take their spot.

Any idea why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now that we are into the summer season, where is the top '25 talent taking their skills next year? Or better yet, what DC or Baltimore private schools have the best recruiting classes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got caught cheating on the roster again. 3rd time for this coach in 3 years he got caught. Cannons have a cloud of shame over them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got caught cheating on the roster again. 3rd time for this coach in 3 years he got caught. Cannons have a cloud of shame over them.

What's the context please? A tournament issue or hoco?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See previous posts about why a 3-0 Cannons team got left out of the playoff bracket at Trilogy Turning Point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See previous posts about why a 3-0 Cannons team got left out of the playoff bracket at Trilogy Turning Point.

I see those, but there was no mention about cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now that we are into the summer season, where is the top '25 talent taking their skills next year? Or better yet, what DC or Baltimore private schools have the best recruiting classes?

Team 91 Fire best team by far and will get better this summer. Not even close!

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard