Check the Forums >Tryouts Section to See Which Clubs are Holding Tryouts this Week - Don't Miss Out!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 03:21 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 03:19 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 03:09 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 03:07 PM
Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 02:55 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,460
Posts303,323
Members2,323
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 448 of 480 1 2 446 447 448 449 450 479 480
Re: Girls High School Lax
B_O_T_C #334147 06/15/21 09:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I streamed the Northport semi, Wow. it’s pretty obvious the Refs know who is paying their summer tourney salaries, They didn’t even try to hide their bias.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #334156 06/15/21 09:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I streamed the Northport semi, Wow. it’s pretty obvious the Refs know who is paying their summer tourney salaries, They didn’t even try to hide their bias.

Now do Mt. Sinai -Sayville.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334161 06/15/21 10:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anytime you travel up there you know you are not only facing a strong team, but the refs are in her back pocket too. Commack had a girl get knocked out by a stick to the head from behind at midfield, 10 feet in front of the ref w/ 2 others on the field, obvious yellow - not a peep out of any of them. Spineless.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334163 06/15/21 10:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You would think that the refs would know better than to fall for the head flop. Does the Northport coach teach the girls to do that on purpose? A shame the game revolved around drawing penalties. Northport is a great team and shouldn't have to win by cheating.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334164 06/15/21 10:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anytime you travel up there you know you are not only facing a strong team, but the refs are in her back pocket too. Commack had a girl get knocked out by a stick to the head from behind at midfield, 10 feet in front of the ref w/ 2 others on the field, obvious yellow - not a peep out of any of them. Spineless.

Is it possible that the officials are simply not very good?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #334175 06/15/21 11:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. A lot of calls went Sayville’s way. They only committed like 4 penalties all game. According to the refs anyway. And before anyone mentions it, the yellow card against Sayville near the end of the game was a good call. Stick down the side of players head.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334193 06/15/21 12:57 PM
B
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
B
Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by baldbear
Now that NCAA over I can catch some LI high school games. Had a chance to see Ward Melville vs Huntington. Good game. I don’t know why HS coaches don’t call time out more. WM down two goals, up a player and had possession with 3:30 left. Perfect time for a time out. Instead took a hurried shot and lost possession on an end line call (which should never happen a man up). Looking forward to more games!

Is that a legit question? Are you really questioning the decisions that the Ward Melville coach makes? Please tell us this was brought up in jest.

My point is why leave time outs in your pocket? I used that particular time of the game as a great time to use a time out. Give your offense a breather, run a play and maybe score. Instead you got a hurried shot with no one on the end line.

Pretty sure you are responding to a sarcastic comment.

If italics are not used I’m never sure.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334226 06/15/21 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ya think. The officiating of this sport is at an all time low. No rule etc has hurt the sport more than the inept officiating one must endure while playing or watching almost any HS game. I know …… easy to complain and honestly I don’t have a simple remedy. Maybe a third official??? But that only means more mysterious calls??

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #334227 06/15/21 02:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has anyone attended the UnD1sputed girls showcase in the past? is it a good one? just wanted to know what others may think of it before we sign up?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #334246 06/15/21 04:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s really weird to us that these 3rd tier teams get a lot of ink on these pages (sayville, commack, WM). Would someone please point me to the CHSAA or Nassau board?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #334266 06/15/21 08:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It’s really weird to us that these 3rd tier teams get a lot of ink on these pages (sayville, commack, WM). Would someone please point me to the CHSAA or Nassau board?[/quot

You can “ink” anything about LI teams you want right here. You don’t need a whole other board. Unless you think Nassau special and needs its own board ? Hmmm

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334267 06/15/21 08:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s really weird to us that these 3rd tier teams get a lot of ink on these pages (sayville, commack, WM). Would someone please point me to the CHSAA or Nassau board?

To “us”?? Then “US” can start any convo they want here. Nassau as well! No one controlling comments here! And, guess what… it’s anonymous … so, go for it! Can’t wait to hear thoughts on the Nassau teams.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #334268 06/15/21 08:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After enjoying a great high school season it’s sad that we do not have a travel season on Long Island. What a giant disservice every travel team does to our girls. That can’t put their differences aside to better these kids. Just imagine how much better they would be! How nice it was to only drive a coupe of towns away to watch a game instead of driving to Maryland every weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334296 06/15/21 11:25 PM
B
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
B

Ya think. The officiating of this sport is at an all time low. No rule etc has hurt the sport more than the inept officiating one must endure while playing or watching almost any HS game. I know …… easy to complain and honestly I don’t have a simple remedy. Maybe a third official??? But that only means more mysterious calls??

It’s not great at the collegiate level either. I have an abstract theory though. The rules were written decades ago with the core rules still in place. Find an old video of an 80’s or 90’s women’s game. You will be shocked. The female lacrosse athlete, at all levels, is light years better now. Speed, athleticism, stick skills, physicality, you name it. I think it’s hard for the refs to apply the rules to this generation of player. My two cents.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334297 06/15/21 11:28 PM
B
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
B

This is the LI High School forum. Post away! I was at the Plainedge vs Manhasset game today. Not a competitive game.

Like Reply Quote
Page 448 of 480 1 2 446 447 448 449 450 479 480
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard