Check the Forums >Tryouts Section to See Which Clubs are Holding Tryouts this Week - Don't Miss Out!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 02:17 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 02:01 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by cltlax - 08/02/21 01:50 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 01:47 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,460
Posts303,303
Members2,323
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 97 of 129 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 128 129
Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #334260 06/15/21 06:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI -there are many crappy D1 programs giving 3,000 a year to girls. That D1 scholly stat has nothing to do with who would win a game.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #334263 06/15/21 07:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a new question-
Come Sept 1 time, any leftover 23’s, or those 23’s not ready to make commitments/ decision- the Div 1 spots will all be gone and those 23’s who waited it out, will most likely only have Div 3 schools recruiting them?

So if your daughter is not ready to commit (and is a strong recruit) by the end of October all the spots will be gone?

Nope...plenty of D1s still looking for 22s.

My daughter said that at the showcase this weekend there weren’t really any coaches watching the 22 games?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334279 06/15/21 10:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are definitely a lost if you are looking through high school scrimmage scores. I bet you can give me stats: ground balls, free position shots, CTO, etc… lost!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334281 06/15/21 10:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scrimmages? Are we talking about scrimmages? Wow, how low can we go. If you are talking about winning scrimmages, you have some serious issues. Like low self esteem.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334283 06/15/21 10:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a new question-
Come Sept 1 time, any leftover 23’s, or those 23’s not ready to make commitments/ decision- the Div 1 spots will all be gone and those 23’s who waited it out, will most likely only have Div 3 schools recruiting them?

So if your daughter is not ready to commit (and is a strong recruit) by the end of October all the spots will be gone?

My daughter said that at the showcase this weekend there weren’t really any coaches watching the 22 games?

I agree! I have a 22 committed daughter but there are a couple of her teammates that received offers but held off for “better offers” until they could be seen in person. After this weekend, I am very concerned for them. Their team won their division and although we had tons of coaches on the sidelines, they were mostly D3 coaches. The D1 & D2 coaches were at the tourney but they were watching the 23’s.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #334319 06/16/21 08:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a new question-

I saw plenty of D1 coaches watching 22's

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334332 06/16/21 08:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The recruiting landscape will most likely be different for 23's than the 22's had last fall. Last year players were not able to be on campus, and schools could not have prospect days or fall events. I imagine the 23's will go through next fall's tournaments similar to the 21's. The top commits will always have early offers.

Like Reply Quote
1 member likes this: lacrosse13
B_O_T_C #334342 06/16/21 09:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where can I find the schedule for playoffs, County and LIC?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334387 06/16/21 12:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Century probably could be competitive as well as Glenelg.

Century would be lucky to win a game in the IAAM.

As an official that has done both private and public school games this year, my experience is that the speed of play is much faster in the IAAM.

So I take it you did the Century vs. Glenelg game? Just curious if you noticed the speed and intensity in that game; both teams peppered with M&D Black, Heros Green & White, HOCO, etc girls that play right along if not better than your precious private school girls. Oh yea, ask anyone that knows, how GCS did against Glenelg in a scrimmage earlier this year. You won't like what you hear. LOL.
GHS beat GCS in a scrimmage where GCS played every player trying out for Varsity, and GHS played the same players. Keep pounding your chest about a scrimmage win. You can have it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334389 06/16/21 12:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are definitely a lost if you are looking through high school scrimmage scores. I bet you can give me stats: ground balls, free position shots, CTO, etc… lost!
He can.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #334392 06/16/21 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last time Century played an IAAM team they lost to Maryvale. That was back in 2019 when Century actually had a better team than they do now.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #334431 06/16/21 04:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams are letting seniors play in the high school playoff next week? Word is SPSG has their committed kids playing.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334440 06/16/21 04:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams are letting seniors play in the high school playoff next week? Word is SPSG has their committed kids playing.

There are committed girls playing for every team. It's a HS championship tournament.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #334468 06/16/21 08:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not all of the SPSG commits are playing.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334474 06/16/21 09:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are committed girls playing for every team. It's a HS championship tournament.

Don’t think so.

Like Reply Quote
Page 97 of 129 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 128 129
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard