BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 168 of 214 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

Ummm...you must be new. These tournaments DO NOT cater to LI public schools. This is why we should demand our section XI leaders do better for the athletes. These tournaments are scheduled at the same time every year, and host teams from all over the country. They should be aware of this....it's their job!

BINGO. Sorry but tournaments are almost always the same weekends every year. The big ones coordinate with each other - thinkLax, Top of the Bay, STEPs, etc. They are not going to cater to a few regions that decided to have playoffs in the middle of June.
The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

Ummm...you must be new. These tournaments DO NOT cater to LI public schools. This is why we should demand our section XI leaders do better for the athletes. These tournaments are scheduled at the same time every year, and host teams from all over the country. They should be aware of this....it's their job!

BINGO. Sorry but tournaments are almost always the same weekends every year. The big ones coordinate with each other - thinkLax, Top of the Bay, STEPs, etc. They are not going to cater to a few regions that decided to have playoffs in the middle of June.

It’s Unfortunate for the LI uncommitted 22s and 23s to have to miss the tournaments! They have had a lost year and I’m sure they are looking to get out and get some live exposure. Film only goes so far.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a 22 or 23 club player hoping to play lacrosse in college should forego an opportunity (or two) to be seen and recruited by attending college coaches (after NOT being seen in person for over a year due to “quiet period”). They should forego their dream of playing college lacrosse for a playoff game or two with their high school team. This is after sometimes 8-10 years of being committed to playing club lacrosse and working towards this goal. And what if enough of these HS players choose the same option and their club team doesn’t have enough players to compete and therefore 15+ girls lose their opportunity to be seen by college coaches? Who is really the selfish one in this case!?

I don’t think anyone belittling HS experience? I think Some girls just feeling a little desperate to get out there for recruiting stuff, due to the lost year. The committed girls, it’s not going to affect. It’s the uncommitted who feel pressure. With that said - The girls I know, both Committed and uncommitted would always choose HS ball over anything else

If your HSTeam is still playing in the playoffs players should not be competing in tournaments. It’s selfish to do so. The player is risking injury or simply being fatigued / not 100% physically ready to compete.

Completely disagree! HS playoff game will not make a difference in a recruit’s life. Even for those players on a team in a top high school conference in the country. Missing being seen by a college coach when so many circumstances have already gone against a 2022 recruit’s chance of being recruited can be the difference in playing college lacrosse or not. Coaches want to see these players in person. They have been watching film for over a year!

Odds of a HS player making a college varsity roster 2020 (females only):
# US HS Lax Players - 106,162
# of College Lax Players (D1, D2, D3, NAIA, NJCAA) - 13,908
% of US HS Lacrosse competing at any college level - 12.7%
% of US HS Lacrosse competing at NCAA D1 schools - 3.5%
Odds of a US HS Lax player making any college roster - 8:1
Odds of a US HS Lax player making an NCAA D1 roster - 28:1
(Data from [ChillLaxin])[/quote]

Those numbers are not relevant for Long Island.[/quote]

Of course they are. Long Island was in the US the last I saw 🤣 contrary to what many in this forum may believe, LI and Maryland girls no longer rule the college rosters like they used to. Many recruits now pulling from additional hot spots in the country now! Lots more competition - especially in the 22 class where many girls in these additional hot spots too have been playing club level lax since 4th grade. Having daughters that were 2016, 2018 and 2022 recruits I can tell you from experience that the landscape for my 22 is much more competitive than it ever was for my other girls who went fairly high level D1. My youngest is committed but I feel sorry for quite a few of her club teammates who are hoping the next several tournaments lock in a roster spot for them. The fact they now have to miss for a high school playoff game is not fair - especially after the rough recruiting season they have already endured. Def less roster spots avail on college teams than I saw with my older two!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, Sect XI job is not to make sure your kid is able to get to non-school sanctioned sporting events, especially private out of state competitions. Your whining about something Sect XI is not responsible for, so keep banging your head against the wall and let me know if it changes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, Sect XI job is not to make sure your kid is able to get to non-school sanctioned sporting events, especially private out of state competitions. Your whining about something Sect XI is not responsible for, so keep banging your head against the wall and let me know if it changes.

Section XI acted with blatant disregard to the athletes. Shame on them for being so ignorant. Life will go on, but they could have and should have done a better job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best response I've read on here in a while - couldn't agree more (that Sect XI is NOT responsible).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best matchups of the weekend? Nassau or Suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best response I've read on here in a while - couldn't agree more (that Sect XI is NOT responsible).

Actually, they (the decision makers) are responsible. Bureaucrats should give carful consideration to the impact their decisions will have on the people they (the bureaucrats) serve. What is in the "best interest" of the players should be at the forefront of the decision making process. Too many School Board members, Administrators, Union Delegates, Teachers, Coaches etc... do not understand that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct me if I’m wrong wasn’t the decision to remove the coaches blackout decided long after the High School sports calendars were completed. How could anyone plan around a decision that had not been made. Go perform well at out of state tournaments when you have the opportunity , and stop being a victim your whole life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct me if I’m wrong wasn’t the decision to remove the coaches blackout decided long after the High School sports calendars were completed. How could anyone plan around a decision that had not been made. Go perform well at out of state tournaments when you have the opportunity , and stop being a victim your whole life.

I will correct you because you are missing the point and acting like an arrogant. These tournaments happen at the same time every year. Regardless of whether the coaches could attend in person, or watch the film, they are critical in the recruiting process. I will also remind you that these spring athletes lost their ENTIRE season last year, whereas the other seasons did not. The bottom line, Section XI should not have scheduled playoff games on the weekend. It was not in the best interest of the athletes they serve.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will correct you because you are missing the point and acting like an arrogant. These tournaments happen at the same time every year. Regardless of whether the coaches could attend in person, or watch the film, they are critical in the recruiting process. I will also remind you that these spring athletes lost their ENTIRE season last year, whereas the other seasons did not. The bottom line, Section XI should not have scheduled playoff games on the weekend. It was not in the best interest of the athletes they serve.

Agree, and Very Well Said! The circumstances this year were very different and needed to be taken into consideration.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

They should have just not had playoffs and ended the season last week and that would have solved the problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

They should have just not had playoffs and ended the season last week and that would have solved the problem.

No, they just have not scheduled games on the weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

Oh my god enough
High school team should be the most important thing if you’re a true athlete and want to win a Championship for your school you’ll remember that the rest of ur life. My kids hs teams any sport in season more important than anything.

How about Bert beating sayville

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m surprised Sinai beat Sayville tbh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Came from 4 goals down with 10 minutes left. Pretty good for a team that has been hit hard by injuries.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Now that NCAA over I can catch some LI high school games. Had a chance to see Ward Melville vs Huntington. Good game. I don’t know why HS coaches don’t call time out more. WM down two goals, up a player and had possession with 3:30 left. Perfect time for a time out. Instead took a hurried shot and lost possession on an end line call (which should never happen a man up). Looking forward to more games!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Now that NCAA over I can catch some LI high school games. Had a chance to see Ward Melville vs Huntington. Good game. I don’t know why HS coaches don’t call time out more. WM down two goals, up a player and had possession with 3:30 left. Perfect time for a time out. Instead took a hurried shot and lost possession on an end line call (which should never happen a man up). Looking forward to more games!

Is that a legit question? Are you really questioning the decisions that the Ward Melville coach makes? Please tell us this was brought up in jest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi
Now that the coaches are at tournaments, do you have any recommendations for my kid.
I noticed that during games our sports recruits profile would get pinged by certain coaches, not even the coaches from schools in our profile. Does this mean anything?
What do you think of the lacrosse masters camps for exposure?
We had a school ping this weekend- should we send a letter to that coach? or go to one of their caps?

During the games coaches came to set up for the next game and watched some of ours. Those coaches weren't really paying attn to our games were they? they all seemed to be chatting.
This has opened up a whole new can of anxiety for my daughters and friends now.
-signed,
not heros m&d or skywalkers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM is in the rear view. Who’s everyone got for Huntington/Smithtown East? Whoever wins would be their first time to the counties. Can Commack come up with a plan for Northport? Should be some exciting lax tomorrow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM is in the rear view. Who’s everyone got for Huntington/Smithtown East? Whoever wins would be their first time to the counties. Can Commack come up with a plan for Northport? Should be some exciting lax tomorrow!

Huntington! Go Blue Devils!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi
Now that the coaches are at tournaments, do you have any recommendations for my kid.
I noticed that during games our sports recruits profile would get pinged by certain coaches, not even the coaches from schools in our profile. Does this mean anything?
What do you think of the lacrosse masters camps for exposure?
We had a school ping this weekend- should we send a letter to that coach? or go to one of their caps?

During the games coaches came to set up for the next game and watched some of ours. Those coaches weren't really paying attn to our games were they? they all seemed to be chatting.
This has opened up a whole new can of anxiety for my daughters and friends now.
-signed,
not heros m&d or skywalkers

Turn off notification or delete the app from your phone. My daughter sent emails from her gmail and not from sports recruits or connectlax. Many girls on her team would get wrapped up in how many schools looked at their profile. In the end it just created unnecessary anxiety. When at tourneys they should be focused on playing not on who looked at their profile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huntington! Go Blue Devils!

East is loaded, and already beat Huntington, but anything could happen. Hopefully there are good refs that don’t ruin the game!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Is that a legit question? Are you really questioning the decisions that the Ward Melville coach makes? Please tell us this was brought up in jest.

My point is why leave time outs in your pocket? I used that particular time of the game as a great time to use a time out. Give your offense a breather, run a play and maybe score. Instead you got a hurried shot with no one on the end line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My point is why leave time outs in your pocket? I used that particular time of the game as a great time to use a time out. Give your offense a breather, run a play and maybe score. Instead you got a hurried shot with no one on the end line.

Pretty sure you are responding to a sarcastic comment.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Great game in Smithtown today as two talented, well coached teams played a deliberate, possession dominated game. The tie breaking goal with 8.8 seconds scored by a Smithtown player who wears a nice arm rash from an earlier dodge. Great play by both Smithtown East and Huntington.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I streamed the Northport semi, Wow. it’s pretty obvious the Refs know who is paying their summer tourney salaries, They didn’t even try to hide their bias.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I streamed the Northport semi, Wow. it’s pretty obvious the Refs know who is paying their summer tourney salaries, They didn’t even try to hide their bias.

Now do Mt. Sinai -Sayville.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anytime you travel up there you know you are not only facing a strong team, but the refs are in her back pocket too. Commack had a girl get knocked out by a stick to the head from behind at midfield, 10 feet in front of the ref w/ 2 others on the field, obvious yellow - not a peep out of any of them. Spineless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You would think that the refs would know better than to fall for the head flop. Does the Northport coach teach the girls to do that on purpose? A shame the game revolved around drawing penalties. Northport is a great team and shouldn't have to win by cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anytime you travel up there you know you are not only facing a strong team, but the refs are in her back pocket too. Commack had a girl get knocked out by a stick to the head from behind at midfield, 10 feet in front of the ref w/ 2 others on the field, obvious yellow - not a peep out of any of them. Spineless.

Is it possible that the officials are simply not very good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. A lot of calls went Sayville’s way. They only committed like 4 penalties all game. According to the refs anyway. And before anyone mentions it, the yellow card against Sayville near the end of the game was a good call. Stick down the side of players head.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Pretty sure you are responding to a sarcastic comment.

If italics are not used I’m never sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ya think. The officiating of this sport is at an all time low. No rule etc has hurt the sport more than the inept officiating one must endure while playing or watching almost any HS game. I know …… easy to complain and honestly I don’t have a simple remedy. Maybe a third official??? But that only means more mysterious calls??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has anyone attended the UnD1sputed girls showcase in the past? is it a good one? just wanted to know what others may think of it before we sign up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s really weird to us that these 3rd tier teams get a lot of ink on these pages (sayville, commack, WM). Would someone please point me to the CHSAA or Nassau board?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It’s really weird to us that these 3rd tier teams get a lot of ink on these pages (sayville, commack, WM). Would someone please point me to the CHSAA or Nassau board?[/quot

You can “ink” anything about LI teams you want right here. You don’t need a whole other board. Unless you think Nassau special and needs its own board ? Hmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s really weird to us that these 3rd tier teams get a lot of ink on these pages (sayville, commack, WM). Would someone please point me to the CHSAA or Nassau board?

To “us”?? Then “US” can start any convo they want here. Nassau as well! No one controlling comments here! And, guess what… it’s anonymous … so, go for it! Can’t wait to hear thoughts on the Nassau teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After enjoying a great high school season it’s sad that we do not have a travel season on Long Island. What a giant disservice every travel team does to our girls. That can’t put their differences aside to better these kids. Just imagine how much better they would be! How nice it was to only drive a coupe of towns away to watch a game instead of driving to Maryland every weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Ya think. The officiating of this sport is at an all time low. No rule etc has hurt the sport more than the inept officiating one must endure while playing or watching almost any HS game. I know …… easy to complain and honestly I don’t have a simple remedy. Maybe a third official??? But that only means more mysterious calls??

It’s not great at the collegiate level either. I have an abstract theory though. The rules were written decades ago with the core rules still in place. Find an old video of an 80’s or 90’s women’s game. You will be shocked. The female lacrosse athlete, at all levels, is light years better now. Speed, athleticism, stick skills, physicality, you name it. I think it’s hard for the refs to apply the rules to this generation of player. My two cents.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

This is the LI High School forum. Post away! I was at the Plainedge vs Manhasset game today. Not a competitive game.

Like Reply Quote
Page 168 of 214 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard