Check the Forums >Tryouts Section to See Which Clubs are Holding Tryouts this Week - Don't Miss Out!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 01:41 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 01:41 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 01:24 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 01:21 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 01:09 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,460
Posts303,303
Members2,323
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 447 of 480 1 2 445 446 447 448 449 479 480
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #333717 06/11/21 04:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

Ummm...you must be new. These tournaments DO NOT cater to LI public schools. This is why we should demand our section XI leaders do better for the athletes. These tournaments are scheduled at the same time every year, and host teams from all over the country. They should be aware of this....it's their job!

Sorry, Sect XI job is not to make sure your kid is able to get to non-school sanctioned sporting events, especially private out of state competitions. Your whining about something Sect XI is not responsible for, so keep banging your head against the wall and let me know if it changes.

Best response I've read on here in a while - couldn't agree more (that Sect XI is NOT responsible).

They should have just not had playoffs and ended the season last week and that would have solved the problem.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #333718 06/11/21 04:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

Ummm...you must be new. These tournaments DO NOT cater to LI public schools. This is why we should demand our section XI leaders do better for the athletes. These tournaments are scheduled at the same time every year, and host teams from all over the country. They should be aware of this....it's their job!

Sorry, Sect XI job is not to make sure your kid is able to get to non-school sanctioned sporting events, especially private out of state competitions. Your whining about something Sect XI is not responsible for, so keep banging your head against the wall and let me know if it changes.

Best response I've read on here in a while - couldn't agree more (that Sect XI is NOT responsible).

They should have just not had playoffs and ended the season last week and that would have solved the problem.

No, they just have not scheduled games on the weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #333732 06/11/21 10:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

Ummm...you must be new. These tournaments DO NOT cater to LI public schools. This is why we should demand our section XI leaders do better for the athletes. These tournaments are scheduled at the same time every year, and host teams from all over the country. They should be aware of this....it's their job!

Sorry, Sect XI job is not to make sure your kid is able to get to non-school sanctioned sporting events, especially private out of state competitions. Your whining about something Sect XI is not responsible for, so keep banging your head against the wall and let me know if it changes.

Best response I've read on here in a while - couldn't agree more (that Sect XI is NOT responsible).

They should have just not had playoffs and ended the season last week and that would have solved the problem.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

Ummm...you must be new. These tournaments DO NOT cater to LI public schools. This is why we should demand our section XI leaders do better for the athletes. These tournaments are scheduled at the same time every year, and host teams from all over the country. They should be aware of this....it's their job!

Sorry, Sect XI job is not to make sure your kid is able to get to non-school sanctioned sporting events, especially private out of state competitions. Your whining about something Sect XI is not responsible for, so keep banging your head against the wall and let me know if it changes.

Best response I've read on here in a while - couldn't agree more (that Sect XI is NOT responsible).

They should have just not had playoffs and ended the season last week and that would have solved the problem.

No, they just have not scheduled games on the weekend.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

Ummm...you must be new. These tournaments DO NOT cater to LI public schools. This is why we should demand our section XI leaders do better for the athletes. These tournaments are scheduled at the same time every year, and host teams from all over the country. They should be aware of this....it's their job!

Sorry, Sect XI job is not to make sure your kid is able to get to non-school sanctioned sporting events, especially private out of state competitions. Your whining about something Sect XI is not responsible for, so keep banging your head against the wall and let me know if it changes.

Best response I've read on here in a while - couldn't agree more (that Sect XI is NOT responsible).

They should have just not had playoffs and ended the season last week and that would have solved the problem.

No, they just have not scheduled games on the weekend.


Oh my god enough
High school team should be the most important thing if you’re a true athlete and want to win a Championship for your school you’ll remember that the rest of ur life. My kids hs teams any sport in season more important than anything.

How about Bert beating sayville

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
B_O_T_C #333734 06/11/21 10:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m surprised Sinai beat Sayville tbh

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #333737 06/11/21 11:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Came from 4 goals down with 10 minutes left. Pretty good for a team that has been hit hard by injuries.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax
B_O_T_C #333820 06/13/21 02:47 PM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 559
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 559
Now that NCAA over I can catch some LI high school games. Had a chance to see Ward Melville vs Huntington. Good game. I don’t know why HS coaches don’t call time out more. WM down two goals, up a player and had possession with 3:30 left. Perfect time for a time out. Instead took a hurried shot and lost possession on an end line call (which should never happen a man up). Looking forward to more games!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
baldbear #333841 06/13/21 04:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Now that NCAA over I can catch some LI high school games. Had a chance to see Ward Melville vs Huntington. Good game. I don’t know why HS coaches don’t call time out more. WM down two goals, up a player and had possession with 3:30 left. Perfect time for a time out. Instead took a hurried shot and lost possession on an end line call (which should never happen a man up). Looking forward to more games!

Is that a legit question? Are you really questioning the decisions that the Ward Melville coach makes? Please tell us this was brought up in jest.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
B_O_T_C #333856 06/13/21 06:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi
Now that the coaches are at tournaments, do you have any recommendations for my kid.
I noticed that during games our sports recruits profile would get pinged by certain coaches, not even the coaches from schools in our profile. Does this mean anything?
What do you think of the lacrosse masters camps for exposure?
We had a school ping this weekend- should we send a letter to that coach? or go to one of their caps?

During the games coaches came to set up for the next game and watched some of ours. Those coaches weren't really paying attn to our games were they? they all seemed to be chatting.
This has opened up a whole new can of anxiety for my daughters and friends now.
-signed,
not heros m&d or skywalkers

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
B_O_T_C #333867 06/13/21 07:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM is in the rear view. Who’s everyone got for Huntington/Smithtown East? Whoever wins would be their first time to the counties. Can Commack come up with a plan for Northport? Should be some exciting lax tomorrow!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #333870 06/13/21 07:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WM is in the rear view. Who’s everyone got for Huntington/Smithtown East? Whoever wins would be their first time to the counties. Can Commack come up with a plan for Northport? Should be some exciting lax tomorrow!

Huntington! Go Blue Devils!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #333876 06/13/21 08:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hi
Now that the coaches are at tournaments, do you have any recommendations for my kid.
I noticed that during games our sports recruits profile would get pinged by certain coaches, not even the coaches from schools in our profile. Does this mean anything?
What do you think of the lacrosse masters camps for exposure?
We had a school ping this weekend- should we send a letter to that coach? or go to one of their caps?

During the games coaches came to set up for the next game and watched some of ours. Those coaches weren't really paying attn to our games were they? they all seemed to be chatting.
This has opened up a whole new can of anxiety for my daughters and friends now.
-signed,
not heros m&d or skywalkers

Turn off notification or delete the app from your phone. My daughter sent emails from her gmail and not from sports recruits or connectlax. Many girls on her team would get wrapped up in how many schools looked at their profile. In the end it just created unnecessary anxiety. When at tourneys they should be focused on playing not on who looked at their profile.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #333880 06/13/21 09:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WM is in the rear view. Who’s everyone got for Huntington/Smithtown East? Whoever wins would be their first time to the counties. Can Commack come up with a plan for Northport? Should be some exciting lax tomorrow!

Huntington! Go Blue Devils!

East is loaded, and already beat Huntington, but anything could happen. Hopefully there are good refs that don’t ruin the game!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #333899 06/13/21 11:15 PM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 559
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 559
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by baldbear
Now that NCAA over I can catch some LI high school games. Had a chance to see Ward Melville vs Huntington. Good game. I don’t know why HS coaches don’t call time out more. WM down two goals, up a player and had possession with 3:30 left. Perfect time for a time out. Instead took a hurried shot and lost possession on an end line call (which should never happen a man up). Looking forward to more games!

Is that a legit question? Are you really questioning the decisions that the Ward Melville coach makes? Please tell us this was brought up in jest.

My point is why leave time outs in your pocket? I used that particular time of the game as a great time to use a time out. Give your offense a breather, run a play and maybe score. Instead you got a hurried shot with no one on the end line.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
baldbear #333927 06/14/21 08:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by baldbear
Now that NCAA over I can catch some LI high school games. Had a chance to see Ward Melville vs Huntington. Good game. I don’t know why HS coaches don’t call time out more. WM down two goals, up a player and had possession with 3:30 left. Perfect time for a time out. Instead took a hurried shot and lost possession on an end line call (which should never happen a man up). Looking forward to more games!

Is that a legit question? Are you really questioning the decisions that the Ward Melville coach makes? Please tell us this was brought up in jest.

My point is why leave time outs in your pocket? I used that particular time of the game as a great time to use a time out. Give your offense a breather, run a play and maybe score. Instead you got a hurried shot with no one on the end line.

Pretty sure you are responding to a sarcastic comment.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax
B_O_T_C #334099 06/14/21 10:17 PM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 559
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 559
Great game in Smithtown today as two talented, well coached teams played a deliberate, possession dominated game. The tie breaking goal with 8.8 seconds scored by a Smithtown player who wears a nice arm rash from an earlier dodge. Great play by both Smithtown East and Huntington.

Like Reply Quote
Page 447 of 480 1 2 445 446 447 448 449 479 480
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard






Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4