BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 73 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 72 73
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The MyHockeyRankings uses a stochastic model that runs a thousand path algorithm and it puts out pretty good results. You can use the rating information to see how many goals a team would beat other team by. I have found it pretty accurate. For example a team with a 90 rating playing a team with a 88 rating you would expect the 90 team to win by two goals. If 90 team won by 3 goals then most likely the team’s rating would improve slightly. As the season goes on the fluctuations in rankings minimizes since new games have have less and less impact on the overall rankings/ average. The MyHockeyRanking runs a new calc every week, his data is not always pristine but I think there is any army of volunteers who enter data across country and keep it up to date. Hockey teams play more games than Lacrosse (40-60 games) in a season which makes for better input data. MyHockeyRatings also publishes the calculations for the last ten games for transparency purposes. Nobody questions his methodology. As for the US Club Lax it is not clear what he is doing.

This...exactly. This is what the lax ratings will be. They have brought on the same folks that put together the back end of myhockeyrankings.com to do the same for USCL.com. Which is why you see the similarity with "rating", "AGD", "Strength of Schedule", and updating once weekly.

You seem to know a lot about the statistics used. How is Strength of Schedule used by US Club Lacrosse? In hockey all teams play on ice, some indoors and maybe some outdoors. In lacrosse, teams play on artificial turf outdoors, grass, and indoor facilities. Some grass fields are meticulously manicured lawns, some are just open fields that may or may not have been mowed lately. How does US Lacrosse account for where the games are played? Or do they just account for who the game was played against?

Stop...both teams play on the same field, the better team typically wins. Who cares where anyone is ranked? The club season just started, let's talk after the WS, then after July.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FAQ: What does each of the columns on the ratings page mean?

“Record" is represented by wins-losses-ties. "AGD", or average goal differential, and "SCHED", or strength of schedule, are the two main factors in the algorithm. AGD is currently calculated by accumulating the goal differential of each game, to a maximum of 10, and dividing it by the number of games played. SCHED is computed by adding the average rating of each game opponent (OPP) and sportsmanship differential (SD). AGD and SCHED are then added together to compute a team's overall performance rating. More information on an individual team’s AGD and SCHED can be found by clicking the “Rating Math” tab on their team info page once the rankings have been turned live.

https://www.USCL.com/faq

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was 3D New England in the WSYL qualifier or are they typically older like Laxachusetts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was 3D New England in the WSYL qualifier or are they typically older like Laxachusetts?

Exxxxactly. Typically when a team pops up and becomes good it's the sad daddy's of the 25 kids who couldn't make it in 25 and reclass and then all of a sudden they are good. See Baltimore Crabs for example. Couldn't win a game and then they held 8 kids back. All for the lax glory of dad who never had it and wants it so bad he'll get it by making his son repeat a year of school!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a big reclass year and the summer will certainly be interesting. Outside of the WS which is on age, many legit 26 teams will see a heavy dose of 25s and even some 24s reclassed into 26. It is what it is, but there is a big difference at this age group when those older kids play down. You'll see it at the NA this weekend for the teams that are not WS bound and even some of them may bring 25s to balance out the rosters. Either way, awesome lineup of ranked teams ready to play!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exxxxactly. Typically when a team pops up and becomes good it's the sad daddy's of the 25 kids who couldn't make it in 25 and reclass and then all of a sudden they are good. See Baltimore Crabs for example. Couldn't win a game and then they held 8 kids back. All for the lax glory of dad who never had it and wants it so bad he'll get it by making his son repeat a year of school!

Same old nonsense from the LI crowd. Last I checked, most club tourneys are grade based, not age based. Only one that I know of...WSYL. So if I'm not mistaken, nobody is doing anything wrong. Either you beat'em or you join'em. It just that the coaching and stick skill advantage the LI kids have by being born with a stick in their hands, disappears as they get older and athleticism takes over. And believe it or not, it happens in LI also. Wasn't Spallina born in 2003? He's graduating in 2022. By my calculation, that would a kid born in 2007 graduating in 2026. So give me a break with the whining. It is what it is. MD, VA, CT, MA kids are getting more of their multi sport athletes involved in lacrosse and you are seeing the results. LI doesn't have a monopoly on the sport like the old days. I'll take a good big player over a good little player anyday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a big reclass year and the summer will certainly be interesting. Outside of the WS which is on age, many legit 26 teams will see a heavy dose of 25s and even some 24s reclassed into 26. It is what it is, but there is a big difference at this age group when those older kids play down. You'll see it at the NA this weekend for the teams that are not WS bound and even some of them may bring 25s to balance out the rosters. Either way, awesome lineup of ranked teams ready to play!
Much more annoying when teams play a kid or kids down for a one off tourney like NAL than holdbacks in general. Even on age guest players shouldn't be allowed for a tourney this stacked. Man up, bring your kids you've always had, and find our who is best on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the felds at Savich drain well?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same old nonsense from the LI crowd. Last I checked, most club tourneys are grade based, not age based. Only one that I know of...WSYL. So if I'm not mistaken, nobody is doing anything wrong. Either you beat'em or you join'em. It just that the coaching and stick skill advantage the LI kids have by being born with a stick in their hands, disappears as they get older and athleticism takes over. And believe it or not, it happens in LI also. Wasn't Spallina born in 2003? He's graduating in 2022. By my calculation, that would a kid born in 2007 graduating in 2026. So give me a break with the whining. It is what it is. MD, VA, CT, MA kids are getting more of their multi sport athletes involved in lacrosse and you are seeing the results. LI doesn't have a monopoly on the sport like the old days. I'll take a good big player over a good little player anyday.

LI kids aren’t smaller, they’re younger. There is a difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct me if I’m wrong.., but, does MD kids start Kindergarten at 6 yrs. old instead of 5? Can get another year there too

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's fair vs a true holdback, but I don't buy it against other states that use August or September as cut off date.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spallina wasn't younger. And I'm guessing many more are not. It's just a narrative that LI folks like to perpetuate. #dellusional

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are holdbacks as well on LI. I just don't think as many as they have on the MD teams? Maybe it’s harder to get your kid held back in the public schools on LI, unless you are in private. I think MD mastered the holdback scenario. Definitely is a huge advantage for development. Not even the size issue. It’s the extra two years of skills development and IQ for the game. Size too. But eventually that catches Up. One or Two extra years of playing is a huge advantage and hard to catch up with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spallina wasn't younger. And I'm guessing many more are not. It's just a narrative that LI folks like to perpetuate. #dellusional

Why are you talking about Spallina on a 2026 thread? No one cares. 2026 LI Express kids are all on age. Talk about that on the 2026 thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you talking about Spallina on a 2026 thread? No one cares. 2026 LI Express kids are all on age. Talk about that on the 2026 thread.

How many are from out of state?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hence the term “travel lacrosse”, bro.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the felds at Savich drain well?

-They don't drain well. Some areas become a lake after rain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do 24's reclass into 26? That goes beyond pushing the envelope.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all it’s “club lacrosse,” but hopefully you know travel sports mean the teams travel not players traveling to play with teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least people from LI know how to spell delusional

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least people from LI know how to spell delusional

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all it’s “club lacrosse,” but hopefully you know travel sports mean the teams travel not players traveling to play with teams.
Haha, travel lacrosse bro sounds like he should stick to soccer. He probably just learned the word "hence" and is now embarrassed he drives his kid an hour to play on a B team because he thought that was travel lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tommyknockers + NAL = LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TommyKnockers hittin it hard at NAL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not that hard for a 24 to become a 26 in PA, and end up 2 years older than teammates. Or more likely, on opposing teams b/c it’s rampant in some clubs less than others. Reclassing is getting out of hand. All these “new” 8th graders show up at tryouts.

It’s not uncommon for kids (mostly boys) w/ summer, even spring, birthdays, to be given “the gift of time.” People say any kid would benefit because “kindergarten is the new first grade.” Most parents don’t do it b/c of sports. But a potential advantage in sports is definitely a factor for a lot of parents who decide their 5 year old should wait until they’re 6 to start public (or private) school. It’s allowed, without question. Of course, it involves paying for another year of preschool/daycare. Some private schools already have a later cutoff to start K - like 12/1 instead of 8/31.

Fast forward to middle school & that “redshirted” kindergartner is good at lacrosse & looks like they have potential to get even better. (Could also be football, but never soccer b/c it’s strictly age based). They switch from public to private during middle school for an extra year before high school. I’ve seen a few boys who actually are already among the best on the field reclass. Sometimes it’s private to private, and I’ve seen it from private, to a repeat in public or a low quality parochial school, and back to another private. There will be an increase because the pandemic & shoddy virtual/hybrid school sounds as legitimate as it gets for reasons to repeat a grade. It’s a PA law for this year that a parent can choose to hold a kid back this year, regardless of what their public school recommends!

And that’s how you get a double reclass, aka a 15 year old guarding your 13 year old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clown show , please no more discussion of tommy knockers it’s embarrassing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clown show , please no more discussion of tommy knockers it’s embarrassing!

Well said. Guess we won't be seeing many wide open triple behind the back passes on their Instagram from this tournament. Kids on the east coast actually play defense and our goalies don't flail and duck shots. Goes to show what a joke the US Club Championship is!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks best player (big lefty middie) left the team after last weekend. They are definitely not the same team without him. Express v. Hawks final as expected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks best player (big lefty middie) left the team after last weekend. They are definitely not the same team without him. Express v. Hawks final as expected.

Annapolis Hawks 10 - 9 LI Express - CoachC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Annapolis Hawks 10 - 9 LI Express - CoachC

10-8. Tourney machine has it wrong. 10-7 before Express scored man up in the final seconds. Great teams. Great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol with are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were dry this weekend, crappy, slanted, hilly and uncut but dry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tommyknockers + NAL = LOL

2-4 on the weekend. Win over Predators and Rough Riders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Hawks best player (big lefty middie) left the team after last weekend. They are definitely not the same team without him. Express v. Hawks final as expected.

What team did he leave for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TommyKnockers had more fun wrestling and playing baseball than lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Hawks best player (big lefty middie) left the team after last weekend. They are definitely not the same team without him. Express v. Hawks final as expected.

I heard he went to Dukes, but have to assume that's temporary as they are a lower tier squad these days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were having fun. Their day was done and what else were they supposed to do? They were kids being kids, there really something wrong with that?? One thing I did notice about them was how KIND and POLITE they were, more kids should be like that.
TommyKnockers had more fun wrestling and playing baseball than lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Hawks best player (big lefty middie) left the team after last weekend. They are definitely not the same team without him. Express v. Hawks final as expected.

I heard he went to Dukes, but have to assume that's temporary as they are a lower tier squad these days.

He played for Dukes/4H before so he went back to his original club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have called him their second best player with the other bug middie/attack/FO guy as their best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have called him their second best player with the other bug middie/attack/FO guy as their best.
Both are great players, but the lefty was a much more natural athlete and significantly faster when I've seen them play. The bigger middie/attack is more like a robot.

Page 59 of 73 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard