BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 167 of 214 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau too! Missing same 2 recruiting weekends.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone else think SECTION XI really screwed the 2023s and 2022s looking to be recruited by scheduling playoff games on the weekend? Bad enough they’re cramming in 3 games a week increasing the chances of injuries. Nassau not doing this. Some clubs already pulled out. My daughter will potentially miss two recruiting tournaments due to this nonsense!

Playing on the weekend isn't nonsense, its smart. 3 games a week, now thats nonsense. The college coaches should be in these stands to see these girls in this environment. You are an buttheadhat if you push your child this year. Be a parent and make sure your girls dont play as many summer/tournament games as they have in the past. I pray non get hurt but here comes the hip, knee, Shin and Ankle and feet issues if you dont give hem a break!!!

Where will the College coach’s be on those two weekends? In the stands at the HS games or at the tournaments where they can see girls from all over? Scheduling was the problem this year. The 22s and 23s want to go to recruiting tournaments. Only saying that should have been taken into consideration. They already got shafted a year by the pandemic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau too! Missing same 2 recruiting weekends.

Just frustrating for the 22 and 23 girls. Important recruiting years. Can totally understand their frustration.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else think SECTION XI really screwed the 2023s and 2022s looking to be recruited by scheduling playoff games on the weekend? Bad enough they’re cramming in 3 games a week increasing the chances of injuries. Nassau not doing this. Some clubs already pulled out. My daughter will potentially miss two recruiting tournaments due to this nonsense!

Playing on the weekend isn't nonsense, its smart. 3 games a week, now thats nonsense. The college coaches should be in these stands to see these girls in this environment. You are an buttheadhat if you push your child this year. Be a parent and make sure your girls dont play as many summer/tournament games as they have in the past. I pray non get hurt but here comes the hip, knee, Shin and Ankle and feet issues if you dont give hem a break!!!

Where will the College coach’s be on those two weekends? In the stands at the HS games or at the tournaments where they can see girls from all over? Scheduling was the problem this year. The 22s and 23s want to go to recruiting tournaments. Only saying that should have been taken into consideration. They already got shafted a year by the pandemic!

HS games will be filmed, and I’m sure many top D1 colleges will be interested in seeing the LI HS playoffs. They know many of the past top recruits came from Long Island. They will be watching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Few if any coaches go to HS games on LI. Many times, the ones that do go are there to support their commits.

The majority or recruiting takes place on the club circuit in the summer and fall, events like UA Underclass, college camps / prospect days etc...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Few if any coaches go to HS games on LI. Many times, the ones that do go are there to support their commits.

The majority or recruiting takes place on the club circuit in the summer and fall, events like UA Underclass, college camps / prospect days etc...

That’s Exactly why people voicing frustration over their daughters missing the two tournaments. Need the exposure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournaments are small part of recruiting. Try and get your daughters to specific camps/prospect days and showcases. Smaller environment to get seen at. Def. other ways to get exposure and maybe better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is not in the top 20 for points in Nassau and barely cracks top 50 for LI so I wouldn’t worry about Suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strange to see Manhasset in lass C bracket. Will be interesting to see how the suffolk Class C champ stacks up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournaments are small part of recruiting. Try and get your daughters to specific camps/prospect days and showcases. Smaller environment to get seen at. Def. other ways to get exposure and maybe better

It depends on what caliber of player, and the caliber of program... The coaches at the top tier programs want to see players compete against the best competition. Many camps/prospect days are money makers and are not limited to players the coach is interested in. Certainly worth going to the camps and prospect days at schools your daughter is interested in but I would not discount the tournaments especially if your daughter is on a top club team competing in competitive tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s Exactly why people voicing frustration over their daughters missing the two tournaments. Need the exposure

and this is exactly the problem. The competition will be there for the girls. Dont belittle the HS experience and what can achieved on and off the field. Such foolishness gets repeated over and over, so sad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree - HS team experience is prob. most important in developing character on and off the field. I personally never seen girls happier to win , as when they win an important game with their HS team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree - HS team experience is prob. most important in developing character on and off the field. I personally never seen girls happier to win , as when they win an important game with their HS team

Good observation! A lot of these kids grow up together and the team feels a bit more like family. I recall in Girls Soccer some girls skipping club soccer to play for their HS ( something about a rule only allowing a gir to either play club or school)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think anyone belittling HS experience? I think Some girls just feeling a little desperate to get out there for recruiting stuff, due to the lost year. The committed girls, it’s not going to affect. It’s the uncommitted who feel pressure. With that said - The girls I know, both Committed and uncommitted would always choose HS ball over anything else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just so you parents of these younger players are aware, this is not a new issue. It always amazes me that people complain about absolutely everything, be a good teammate and support your HS team.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think anyone belittling HS experience? I think Some girls just feeling a little desperate to get out there for recruiting stuff, due to the lost year. The committed girls, it’s not going to affect. It’s the uncommitted who feel pressure. With that said - The girls I know, both Committed and uncommitted would always choose HS ball over anything else

If your HSTeam is still playing in the playoffs players should not be competing in tournaments. It’s selfish to do so. The player is risking injury or simply being fatigued / not 100% physically ready to compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just so you parents of these younger players are aware, this is not a new issue. It always amazes me that people complain about absolutely everything, be a good teammate and support your HS team.

Its more the parents, than the teamates. Most Teammates choose the team. Be a good parent and support your daughters choice of team. Stop complaining

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its more the parents, than the teamates. Most Teammates choose the team. Be a good parent and support your daughters choice of team. Stop complaining

This is such a shame. NY teams should wait until school is over before traveling. This would avoid playoff conflicts and allow students to properly prepare for final exams, regents and ap exams. I'm hoping that some day we go back to the old days of play for your school, play some informal summer ball for fun with your town and go to camps to get seen by college coaches for more than 15 or 20 minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I don’t think anyone belittling HS experience? I think Some girls just feeling a little desperate to get out there for recruiting stuff, due to the lost year. The committed girls, it’s not going to affect. It’s the uncommitted who feel pressure. With that said - The girls I know, both Committed and uncommitted would always choose HS ball over anything else

If your HSTeam is still playing in the playoffs players should not be competing in tournaments. It’s selfish to do so. The player is risking injury or simply being fatigued / not 100% physically ready to compete.

Perhaps coaches should not have practice 7 days a week so their players aren’t fatigued for the games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is such a shame. NY teams should wait until school is over before traveling. This would avoid playoff conflicts and allow students to properly prepare for final exams, regents and ap exams. I'm hoping that some day we go back to the old days of play for your school, play some informal summer ball for fun with your town and go to camps to get seen by college coaches for more than 15 or 20 minutes.

You have NO idea what you're talking about! There is a small recruiting window, and all the big June tournaments are critical. This is on Section XI. Shame on them for screwing these girls opportunities. You can be sure that the girls from every other region will be there with bells on. This is no joke. Just awful!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a 22 or 23 club player hoping to play lacrosse in college should forego an opportunity (or two) to be seen and recruited by attending college coaches (after NOT being seen in person for over a year due to “quiet period”). They should forego their dream of playing college lacrosse for a playoff game or two with their high school team. This is after sometimes 8-10 years of being committed to playing club lacrosse and working towards this goal. And what if enough of these HS players choose the same option and their club team doesn’t have enough players to compete and therefore 15+ girls lose their opportunity to be seen by college coaches? Who is really the selfish one in this case!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have NO idea what you're talking about! There is a small recruiting window, and all the big June tournaments are critical. This is on Section XI. Shame on them for screwing these girls opportunities. You can be sure that the girls from every other region will be there with bells on. This is no joke. Just awful!

Actually have been through the process with a very successful outcome. Your exactly who the clubs want. Someone who believes that june tournements are the only way to be seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually have been through the process with a very successful outcome. Your exactly who the clubs want. Someone who believes that june tournements are the only way to be seen.

I’ve been through the process with older kids as well. Club is most important. My daughter will be a top recruit, every opportunity to be seen matters. Section XI failed these girls with the weekend games. They should have done a better job

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK, so you have been through this process with a lost year of recruiting? Different year and different circumstances. Frustations are understandable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a 22 or 23 club player hoping to play lacrosse in college should forego an opportunity (or two) to be seen and recruited by attending college coaches (after NOT being seen in person for over a year due to “quiet period”). They should forego their dream of playing college lacrosse for a playoff game or two with their high school team. This is after sometimes 8-10 years of being committed to playing club lacrosse and working towards this goal. And what if enough of these HS players choose the same option and their club team doesn’t have enough players to compete and therefore 15+ girls lose their opportunity to be seen by college coaches? Who is really the selfish one in this case!?
No college coach would want a kid to miss a playoff game
For a tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve been through the process with older kids as well. Club is most important. My daughter will be a top recruit, every opportunity to be seen matters. Section XI failed these girls with the weekend games. They should have done a better job

If you’re daughter will be a top recruit then one weekend
Won’t be an issue. It seemed to workout for the top
Recruits of the 22 class with no tournaments at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No college coach would want a kid to miss a playoff game
For a tournament.

Completely disagree! HS playoff game will not make a difference in a recruit’s life. Even for those players on a team in a top high school conference in the country. Missing being seen by a college coach when so many circumstances have already gone against a 2022 recruit’s chance of being recruited can be the difference in playing college lacrosse or not. Coaches want to see these players in person. They have been watching film for over a year!

Odds of a HS player making a college varsity roster 2020 (females only):
# US HS Lax Players - 106,162
# of College Lax Players (D1, D2, D3, NAIA, NJCAA) - 13,908
% of US HS Lacrosse competing at any college level - 12.7%
% of US HS Lacrosse competing at NCAA D1 schools - 3.5%
Odds of a US HS Lax player making any college roster - 8:1
Odds of a US HS Lax player making an NCAA D1 roster - 28:1
(Data from [ChillLaxin])

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same, and agree that the club tournaments are super important for the 22s and 23s right now. Losing two is a big deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have been through this process twice and remember this first tournament always conflicting with some HS playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Completely disagree! HS playoff game will not make a difference in a recruit’s life. Even for those players on a team in a top high school conference in the country. Missing being seen by a college coach when so many circumstances have already gone against a 2022 recruit’s chance of being recruited can be the difference in playing college lacrosse or not. Coaches want to see these players in person. They have been watching film for over a year!

Odds of a HS player making a college varsity roster 2020 (females only):
# US HS Lax Players - 106,162
# of College Lax Players (D1, D2, D3, NAIA, NJCAA) - 13,908
% of US HS Lacrosse competing at any college level - 12.7%
% of US HS Lacrosse competing at NCAA D1 schools - 3.5%
Odds of a US HS Lax player making any college roster - 8:1
Odds of a US HS Lax player making an NCAA D1 roster - 28:1
(Data from [ChillLaxin])[/quote]

Those numbers are not relevant for Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, But this year the circumstances surrounding recruiting age girls is a bit different. They need any opportunity they can get. The playing field has been made smaller for them due to a lost year and the 5th year grad students taking spots. Also, it could be two important tournaments they may have to miss

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone that is here whining that Sect XI should've done a better job and is screwing these girls...... What would you have done differently?

Started season earlier? (Then you would've complained that it overlapped with the "Fall" season)
Played less games? (Then you'd complain that the girls are getting shorted)
Move the games only to weekdays so it rolls into Finals? (Which would never happen, but if it did, you'd complain that the girls don't have time to study)

You see what I'm getting at here? You're only here to whine about something.
Guess what....Sect XI doesn't care about recruiting and the overlap with the club season. Wasting your breathe complaining about it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone that is here whining that Sect XI should've done a better job and is screwing these girls...... What would you have done differently?

Started season earlier? (Then you would've complained that it overlapped with the "Fall" season)
Move the games only to weekdays so it rolls into Finals? (Which would never happen, but if it did, you'd complain that the girls don't have time to study)

Guess what....Sect XI doesn't care about recruiting and the overlap with the club season. Wasting your breathe complaining about it

They absolutely should have kept the games on weekdays. Only class A is on the weekend. So it absolutely could have been done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They absolutely should have kept the games on weekdays. Only class A is on the weekend. So it absolutely could have been done.

Didn't anyone see JS Instagram post telling players college coaches would value kids staying home for playoffs more than leaving your HS team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't anyone see JS Instagram post telling players college coaches would value kids staying home for playoffs more than leaving your HS team?

Of course he said that. He has a son that's already committed that needs his teammates at the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course he said that. He has a son that's already committed that needs his teammates at the game.

There is not a college coach in the world who would agree with leaving your HS team during playoffs to go to a club tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem isn’t section xi scheduling playoff games on a weekend. The problem is the tournament directors holding their tournaments while players are still in their school season. They should have taken that into account when scheduling their tournament.

Ummm...you must be new. These tournaments DO NOT cater to LI public schools. This is why we should demand our section XI leaders do better for the athletes. These tournaments are scheduled at the same time every year, and host teams from all over the country. They should be aware of this....it's their job!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The tournament directors schedule their tournaments around the recruiting calendar. The rest of the country has figured out how to wrap up their lacrosse seasons before recruiting season starts. Figure it out. The IAAM in MD played a 13 game regular season and had full playoffs and finished a month ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm...you must be new. These tournaments DO NOT cater to LI public schools. This is why we should demand our section XI leaders do better for the athletes. These tournaments are scheduled at the same time every year, and host teams from all over the country. They should be aware of this....it's their job!

BINGO. Sorry but tournaments are almost always the same weekends every year. The big ones coordinate with each other - thinkLax, Top of the Bay, STEPs, etc. They are not going to cater to a few regions that decided to have playoffs in the middle of June.

Like Reply Quote
Page 167 of 214 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard