BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 197 of 268 1 2 195 196 197 198 199 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No Smithtown team is winning Suffolk A, you can put that in the bank.

In Nassau, once again, the C champ, be it Manhasset or CSH, likely Manhasset, would be the A champ as well.

Manhassets best team in years. Nobody will beat them. They will be strong again next year with a ton of starters returning. Most other teams still have covid hangover and beating up on each other.

I agree Manhasset is best team in Nassau. CSH wouldn't be A champ though, F'dale and Port both better.

Lucky for them Manhasset didn't have to play the Friars this year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, Manhasset is downright superb. They are right there with Chaminade and St Anthony's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the outcome of Huntington / Ward Melville game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They just lost to WM who were up by at least 3 goals or more most of the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM won 9-6

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any news on Smithtown West vs Sachem East?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port 11 Pequa 6

Port vs. Farmingdale tonight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port wins by 4..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed CSH is not as strong as in years past, but didn't they already beat Syosset, the A frontrunner?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
According to national lax magazine Manhasset, Commsewogue, Mt Sinai, and SWR are top teams in the nation. All C teams on LI. Interesting...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port wins by 4..
Pretty good prediction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wogue is B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau A is up for grabs for PW Syo and Farmingdale . The wheels fell off over in Massapequa. Cant remember the last time they lost to PW Syo and the Dale in the same season.
You can add Long Beach now and would it surprise you if they lose to Southside.That’s what happens when you bring up your JV team to be the Varsity. Head Coach favors kids on his son’s mediocre travel team. Guess the qplan is if they spend 3-4 years on Varsity they will be good at some point. I wouldn’t bet on it. Lucky the division has so many bad teams, they may make the playoffs with a losing record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau A is up for grabs for PW Syo and Farmingdale . The wheels fell off over in Massapequa. Cant remember the last time they lost to PW Syo and the Dale in the same season.
You can add Long Beach now and would it surprise you if they lose to Southside.That’s what happens when you bring up your JV team to be the Varsity. Head Coach favors kids on his son’s mediocre travel team. Guess the qplan is if they spend 3-4 years on Varsity they will be good at some point. I wouldn’t bet on it. Lucky the division has so many bad teams, they may make the playoffs with a losing record.

The wheels didn’t just come off........ the whole program is shot. If they lose to Southside then they need an entire program change. I can’t remember when Massapequa lost 6-7 games in a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching them up over in Massapequa. Nice job, NOT!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PW 9-2 impressive w one of their top middies out w an injury.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams make A playoffs? Are there byes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I been watching this young team all season, would not be surprised if they go on a run starting Monday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams make A playoffs? Are there byes?

Nassau --A-Tourney ===6 teams make playoffs ---seed 1 and 2 get byes
--B-Tourney ====8 teams make playoffs
--C Tourney ======8 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The wheels didn’t just come off........ the whole program is shot. If they lose to Southside then they need an entire program change. I can’t remember when Massapequa lost 6-7 games in a year.
How ridiculous. You may want to look back to 2019. Not so long ago. It’s not a great team. Neither is GC. Program change, how silly and uninformed you must be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uniformed? They stink. This is 2021 not 2019.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How ridiculous. You may want to look back to 2019. Not so long ago. It’s not a great team. Neither is GC. Program change, how silly and uninformed you must be.

Difference with GC is, Even in a down year, they are still a good team. They will be in the mix for the championship!!
Can’t say that for Pequa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uniformed? They stink. This is 2021 not 2019.

So gut the coaching staff that won a NYS championship? Uninformed or just a guy whose sports knowledge is limited to WFAN. Patriots had a down year, time to let go of Belichick?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best teams on the island are all from Suffolk C. Then everyone else. That won’t change for at least next 3-4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The recording and reporting of stats has reached a ridiculous level. I track my sons stats (goalie) for him to review shot location etc and review against game film. When he sees what other teams goalie are getting credit for its amazing. For those who say it doesn't matter there are school and county awards at stake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The recording and reporting of stats has reached a ridiculous level. I track my sons stats (goalie) for him to review shot location etc and review against game film. When he sees what other teams goalie are getting credit for its amazing. For those who say it doesn't matter there are school and county awards at stake.

Yes, it’s ridiculous. The stats do not add up an both ends a lot of times. Who’s keeping them at the games? Is it up to the school team itself to report? It’s terribly in accurate. It does matter to the players to get them right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, it’s ridiculous. The stats do not add up an both ends a lot of times. Who’s keeping them at the games? Is it up to the school team itself to report? It’s terribly in accurate. It does matter to the players to get them right
I believe it's up to the winning team to report the book.

This year I overheard a coaching staff telling the opposing scorekeeper save every time the ball was near the goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This year I overheard a coaching staff telling the opposing scorekeeper save every time the ball was near the goalie.

I've seen goalies who scored 2 goals in a game somehow in Newsday so seems to be pick a name from a hat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word where and when the LI championships will be held

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word where and when the LI championships will be held

June!!!!

Long Island!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Mt. Sinai 1st seed, when they were beat by SWR..?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's gotta be strength of schedule calculated in the RPI. Who has more lower ranked teams on their schedule? Maybe their lowest ranked team is one step up from SWR lowest ranked team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another loss for Pequa. Tough one again today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just not a good team this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It didnt just get there been there for close to 10 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's gotta be strength of schedule calculated in the RPI. Who has more lower ranked teams on their schedule? Maybe their lowest ranked team is one step up from SWR lowest ranked team.

The RPI is BS, it starts from the beginning, before they play, when they know nothing and for this year they knew less. SWR not the only team that got short changed. But really how does a non-league/class loss factor into a pure league/class playoff?

Had Bay Shore beaten Ward Melville they would have owned the best record in A @ 13-1 and still had no shot at #1. At 12-2, they get ranked 5th and beat the 2nd and 3rd place teams. Shouldnt have been lower than 3, belonged at 2. RPI needs to be revamped. Cant be strength of schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the young great coaches just itching for a chance. I think Suffolk A will have a few openings!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've seen goalies who scored 2 goals in a game somehow in Newsday so seems to be pick a name from a hat.

The basic calculation for save percentage is this:

Saves / Shots on Goal
13 saves / 25 shots on goal = 52% save percentage.

Now let’s talk definitions.

The basic definition of a Save is any time a shot is stopped or deflected, with any part of the goalie’s body or stick, and does NOT go into the goal.

Shot off the head, shot off the hip, shot off the shin, shot off the shaft, shot into the pocket of the stick. As long as it doesn’t go into the goal, that’s a save.

Shots that hit the post are NOT considered saves unless the goalie deflected the ball prior to it hitting the pipe.

Shots that miss the goal are NOT considered saves, again unless the goalie deflected the ball prior to it sailing high or wide.

Shots on Goal is this calculation: saves + goals.

That means a shot that sails wide or hits the pipe without being touched by the keeper does not count as an official shot on goal.

A shot that hits the pipe (not deflected by the goalie) does not count as an official shot on goal.

A shot that hits a defender and never makes it to the goalie does not count as a shot on goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just not a good team this year.

Very young, no true FO hurts them. And i don't think all the coaches are on the same page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude my son has been a Goalie for 13 years you really need to get a hobbie!

Like Reply Quote
Page 197 of 268 1 2 195 196 197 198 199 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard