BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As my daughter enters the recruiting phase/age, I'm curious to know which programs have a reputation for having well run programs - good coaches, good team environment, good support for student athletes, etc.
my daughter loves lacrosse and enjoys being part of a team and plays for her teammates and coaches as much as herself. Looking for inside info on programs that aren't necessarily top ranked but have the other elements in spades.

We moved to 91 this year after experiendes we weren’t happy with I will say that we have found a slice of heaven with tilts. Now that the 24’ bandits teams are merging we have no interest in playing for anyone but tilts. The woman gives so much of her time to my girl and I don’t want her playing for anyone else. Not only do we get phenomenal recruiting help but we get a team of parents and players that is unlike anything we have experienced at our other clubs some of which are considered “top teams.” The program pushes the kids while still allowing them to have fun. My daughter has gone as far as to say if she doesn’t make tilts team again next year she is just going to stick to team lacrosse because it won’t be the same for her with another person teaching her

What do you play for now? We also have heard good things about shore 2 shore

Club name doesn't really matter...just find a coach who knows your kid isn't a mommy or daddy coach and can be there for your kid.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh man, I left out a *key* word in my original post - I am curious to know about COLLEGE programs...just wondering what folks know about various programs at the college level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh man, I screwed up and left out a critical word - COLLEGE. I'm interested if anyone has any inside info on COLLEGE programs. guess I need glasses lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh man, I screwed up and left out a critical word - COLLEGE. I'm interested if anyone has any inside info on COLLEGE programs. guess I need glasses lol

That’s ok! Gives people a chance to talk about club and college now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we are part of the email list and if one fills she usually will make another for kids she calls waitlist players if there are enough waitlisted it seems like she’ll try end open another one and then post that on her Instagram profile my daughter checks it since I don’t use social media but if you aren’t on her email chain that seems like the best bet. its how we got in the begin with

If you don’t use social media, why are you on botc? This is social media!

I'm not the original poster, but message boards are not my definition "social media." Messageboards were around way before Myspace/FB/Insta/TikTok/Snap/Twitter, etc. existed and they don't have the reach those other programs/apps have.

And like others, I'm not active on "social media," but I have been active on boards for over 20 years.

In regards to Tilts, my daughter connected with her on social media. My daughter went to one clinic and now we get priority emails before she announces the clinics to the public on Social Media (usually Instagram). My daughter takes every opportunity to train with Tilts that she can by her choice. Instead of hanging with friends, my daughter would rather be training with Tilts and the other like minded girls.

Thank you!!!! I’ve been looking at her page daily in hopes that something would open. Managed to grab us a spot. Thanks again. Hoping for similar experiences you had.

We took this advice also and found a spot this morning after she posted. Glad that we were finally able to grab something it has seem impossible to get a spot that worked with highschool conflicts

Went to our first session this weekend & the smile on my Ds face leaving made the wait well worth it

I agree that she’s great but it dawned on me lately that me sending everyone to her and posting about her on here may have backfired on me. It seems half of my daughters team is now talking about trying out to play for her after playing with her for months. I’m grateful to her for all she’s done for my kid and her teammates but her current team better watch out because I can see a very large sum of other 24s going to tryo. For her. The catch for them is they won’t move clubs if she isn’t there coach so going to be intense for new and old kids fighting to be one of her players the backfire portion of my post is because I’m partly responsible for the kids now competitions with my own. I’m sure the best will find there way and hopefully my daughter is one of them

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are so transparent pushing this team and coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This isn’t a social media platform where we share our resources and experiences? It’s quite a world we live in where if we say anything positive it means that we have ulterior motives. if anything I shot myself in the foot by helping people get in here but I did it to help out other families who entered high school with unmotivated daughters who needed a push

I forgot that we live in a world where we are only allowed to share the negatives

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This isn’t a social media platform where we share our resources and experiences? It’s quite a world we live in where if we say anything positive it means that we have ulterior motives. if anything I shot myself in the foot by helping people get in here but I did it to help out other families who entered high school with unmotivated daughters who needed a push

I forgot that we live in a world where we are only allowed to share the negatives[/quote]

Talk to me when this team is competitive in a serious tournament, otherwise, this is all irrelevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I forgot that we live in a world where we are only allowed to share the negatives[/quote]

Talk to me when this team is competitive in a serious tournament, otherwise, this is all irrelevant.[/quote]

No one mentioned a team just a coach that kids believe in and want to play for, but again, I forgot that this is a site where you underestimate kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk to me when this team is competitive in a serious tournament, otherwise, this is all irrelevant.[/quote]

If your HS-age daughter is “unmotivated and needed a push”, she probably shouldn’t be playing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one mentioned a team just a coach that kids believe in and want to play for, but again, I forgot that this is a site where you underestimate kids.[/quote]

If your HS-age daughter is “unmotivated and needed a push”, she probably shouldn’t be playing.[/quote]

Never been to this trainer but its parents with your attitude who make their kid detest the sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

In regards to Tilts, my daughter connected with her on social media. My daughter went to one clinic and now we get priority emails before she announces the clinics to the public on Social Media (usually Instagram). My daughter takes every opportunity to train with Tilts that she can by her choice. Instead of hanging with friends, my daughter would rather be training with Tilts and the other like minded girls.

Thank you!!!! I’ve been looking at her page daily in hopes that something would open. Managed to grab us a spot. Thanks again. Hoping for similar experiences you had.

We took this advice also and found a spot this morning after she posted. Glad that we were finally able to grab something it has seem impossible to get a spot that worked with highschool conflicts

Went to our first session this weekend & the smile on my Ds face leaving made the wait well worth it

I agree that she’s great but it dawned on me lately that me sending everyone to her and posting about her on here may have backfired on me. It seems half of my daughters team is now talking about trying out to play for her after playing with her for months. I’m grateful to her for all she’s done for my kid and her teammates but her current team better watch out because I can see a very large sum of other 24s going to tryo. For her. The catch for them is they won’t move clubs if she isn’t there coach so going to be intense for new and old kids fighting to be one of her players the backfire portion of my post is because I’m partly responsible for the kids now competitions with my own. I’m sure the best will find there way and hopefully my daughter is one of them

the sense I have gotten from talking to the other lax moms is that there are a good handful of kids leaving their clubs and looking for a new home after the last two years. I would have to agree that many seem to be following their trainers so this doesn’t surprise me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one mentioned a team just a coach that kids believe in and want to play for, but again, I forgot that this is a site where you underestimate kids.[/quote]

If your HS-age daughter is “unmotivated and needed a push”, she probably shouldn’t be playing.[/quote]

Never been to this trainer but its parents with your attitude who make their kid detest the sport.[/quote]

It’s parents like you that think a trainer is going to magically make their average kid great. Doesn’t work that way,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yellow jackets 2024 teams - can someone tell me which coach is the a, b, c, d team? thanks in advance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yellow jackets 2024 teams - can someone tell me which coach is the a, b, c, d team? thanks in advance.

A- Weiner
B- Ramos
C- Kildare
D- O’Sullivan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wiener (a), Ramos (b), Kildare (c). O’Sullivan (d)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone know why the A team pulled out of live love lax tourney in md ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe because of Suffolk playoffs? I am not a YJ parent and I don’t know that as a fact. Just guessing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe because of Suffolk playoffs? I am not a YJ parent and I don’t know that as a fact. Just guessing.

Yes, we were told it was due to HS playoffs. Too many girls would not be available to play as the HS teams take precedent over club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still looks like most LI clubs HS teams going to Live, Love, Lax. Excited to see how LI will represent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Maybe because of Suffolk playoffs? I am not a YJ parent and I don’t know that as a fact. Just guessing.

Yes, we were told it was due to HS playoffs. Too many girls would not be available to play as the HS teams take precedent over club.

Why didn't YJ do what the Grizzlies did? The Grizzlies scheduled their 3 games on Sunday. They play in their high school games on Saturday and still get to play in the tournament on Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Maybe because of Suffolk playoffs? I am not a YJ parent and I don’t know that as a fact. Just guessing.

Why didn't YJ do what the Grizzlies did? The Grizzlies scheduled their 3 games on Sunday. They play in their high school games on Saturday and still get to play in the tournament on Sunday.

When is enough, enough?? Overuse injuries are real.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because the CT playoffs are completely over on June 12. Nassau and Suffulk are just getting started that weekend. Even if you don't have games on a particular day there will likely be practice. And I've heard from a few kids that their high school coach has told them anyone skipping practice to go to a tournament won't be playing in the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are Nassau , Suffolk playoffs over? Is the tournament on 6/18 weekend effected as well, or will they be over?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]When are Nassau , Suffolk playoffs over? Is the tournament on 6/18 weekend effected as well, or will they be over?

Saturday June 19th is the Long Island Championship so yes the Summer Genesis is affected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So any of the Suffolk travel players who make playoffs and LIC will miss out on two travel tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wiener.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So any of the Suffolk travel players who make playoffs and LIC will miss out on two travel tournaments.

Yep, unfortunate. Affects Nassau also. But at least by Summer Genesis weekend it's a smaller number of girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, unfortunate. Affects Nassau also. But at least by Summer Genesis weekend it's a smaller number of girls.

A lot of teams are still attending and have just moved games around. The tournaments will work with you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of teams are still attending and have just moved games around. The tournaments will work with you.

Does it make sense to practice all week with Varsity, play a playoff game, then drive 4 hours to play 3 more games the next day? This is why over use injuries are at an all time high.... If you're thinking college coaches, they won't be at a 2024 tournament game but they will be at top tier HS playoff games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does it make sense to practice with varsity all week,
Play a playoff game, then drive 4 hours to play 3
More games the next day? If you’re worried about
College coaches don’t they won’t be at a 2024 game
But they might be at a top tier hs playoff game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to HS lacrosse. Can someone help me understand why a Varsity team could be so bad and the JV team competitive (same school) ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]New to HS lacrosse. Can someone help me understand why a Varsity team could be so bad and the JV team competitive (same school) ?

If the Varsity teams pull up all their talent it leaves their jv team as uncompetitive. Other schools don't pull up their talent and their Jv teams are competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to HS lacrosse. Can someone help me understand why a Varsity team could be so bad and the JV team competitive (same school) ?

Yes that’s our team, I say like a big grump. :-)
Still suffering effects of Covid, no playoff rounds for the county this season and no out of county play ... Keeping uncompetitive seniors on the team, teaming senior girl with little sister, keeping girls you wanted to develop from last season,
I didn’t have an opinion until this year but with public they have to hire coaches who apply and are eligible through the school system employees first.
Coach just doesn’t feel like winning- it’s high school and we’ve had 9 years of playing on developing teams and now it’s time to start winning or at least try to win.
Now the JV has girls who are good but just don’t hit the wall enough- missed shots etc. hopefully they’ll learn by next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club question. Does Steps ever get in a top bracket? Seems like YJ , Monster and the Md top teams all play and knock out each other while Steps plays weak tournies. Even L4C Charlie puts his teams in brackets to move on while others knock each other out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes that’s our team, I say like a big grump. :-)
Still suffering effects of Covid, no playoff rounds for the county this season and no out of county play ... Keeping uncompetitive seniors on the team, teaming senior girl with little sister, keeping girls you wanted to develop from last season,
I didn’t have an opinion until this year but with public they have to hire coaches who apply and are eligible through the school system employees first.
Coach just doesn’t feel like winning- it’s high school and we’ve had 9 years of playing on developing teams and now it’s time to start winning or at least try to win.
Now the JV has girls who are good but just don’t hit the wall enough- missed shots etc. hopefully they’ll learn by next year.

Do all coaches come from within the district? I don’t actually know how coaches are chosen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are you determining her to be the “Best 2024” when she wasn’t on varsity at SA. She is a wonderful player but other 2024 at SA on varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are you determining her to be the “Best 2024” when she wasn’t on varsity at SA. She is a wonderful player but other 2024 at SA on varsity.

Who are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is NYS Regionals similar to American Selects and Under Armour? As far as being considered for a team and does it attract the top regions players?

Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard